"Important" update keeps wanting to install again

I keep getting offered "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB981852)" even
though I've already installed it.  In fact, when I go to update history, it
shows that the update was successfully installed 10 times since 8/12/2010.
(That's every time I've turned the computer on since then!)  Anybody know
how to get Windows Update to stop offering this update.  I've tried the
"unchecking" the box but that doesn't seem to work.  TIA!

Gary
Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

0
Gary

"Gary" <gary@under-1-roof.com> wrote in message
> I keep getting offered "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB981852)" even
> though I've already installed it.  In fact, when I go to update history,
> it shows that the update was successfully installed 10 times since
> 8/12/2010. (That's every time I've turned the computer on since then!)
> Anybody know how to get Windows Update to stop offering this update.  I've
> tried the "unchecking" the box but that doesn't seem to work.  TIA!
>
> Gary
> Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
> www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

I would do a system restore to the 7/12/2010 and then it will probably
install OK. If not let us know and we will go from there.
--
John the West Ham fan

housetrained@hotmail.com
<><

0
housetrained
8/24/2010 4:29:27 PM
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:50:28 -0500, Gary wrote:

> I keep getting offered "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB981852)" even
> though I've already installed it.  In fact, when I go to update history, it
> shows that the update was successfully installed 10 times since 8/12/2010.
> (That's every time I've turned the computer on since then!)  Anybody know
> how to get Windows Update to stop offering this update.  I've tried the
> "unchecking" the box but that doesn't seem to work.  TIA!
>
> Gary
> Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
> www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

Have you tried telling Windows Update to "Ignore" this update? I'm
guessing, however, that it won't work, and you'll have to do what
housetrained suggested.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
0
"Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:50:28 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> I keep getting offered "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB981852)"
>> even
>> though I've already installed it.  In fact, when I go to update history,
>> it
>> shows that the update was successfully installed 10 times since
>> 8/12/2010.
>> (That's every time I've turned the computer on since then!)  Anybody know
>> how to get Windows Update to stop offering this update.  I've tried the
>> "unchecking" the box but that doesn't seem to work.  TIA!
>>
>> Gary
>> Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
>> www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html
>>

> Have you tried telling Windows Update to "Ignore" this update? I'm
> guessing, however, that it won't work, and you'll have to do what
> housetrained suggested.
>
> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)

Thanks for the replies, Gene & housetrained!  I haven't been successful at
trying to hide the update so I guess that I'll try the system restore.  But,
is there a reason to go back to July rather than August?  Thanks, again!

--

Gary
Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

0
Gary
8/25/2010 12:34:44 PM
no reason - my mistake - 10 august should be fine.
if you don't need an unimportant update right click and the option to not
get it again appears. But only do this for optional ones NOT important ones.

--
John the West Ham fan

housetrained@hotmail.com
<><

> "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:50:28 -0500, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> I keep getting offered "Security Update for Windows Vista (KB981852)"
>>> even
>>> though I've already installed it.  In fact, when I go to update history,
>>> it
>>> shows that the update was successfully installed 10 times since
>>> 8/12/2010.
>>> (That's every time I've turned the computer on since then!)  Anybody
>>> know
>>> how to get Windows Update to stop offering this update.  I've tried the
>>> "unchecking" the box but that doesn't seem to work.  TIA!
>>>
>>> Gary
>>> Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
>>> www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html
>>>

>> Have you tried telling Windows Update to "Ignore" this update? I'm
>> guessing, however, that it won't work, and you'll have to do what
>> housetrained suggested.
>>
>> --
>> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
>
> Thanks for the replies, Gene & housetrained!  I haven't been successful at
> trying to hide the update so I guess that I'll try the system restore.
> But, is there a reason to go back to July rather than August?  Thanks,
> again!
>
> --
>
> Gary
> Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
> www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

0
housetrained
8/25/2010 6:21:13 PM
"housetrained" <housetrained@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> no reason - my mistake - 10 august should be fine.
> if you don't need an unimportant update right click and the option to not
> get it again appears. But only do this for optional ones NOT important
> ones.
>
> --
> John the West Ham fan
>
> housetrained@hotmail.com
> <><
>

> "Gary" <gary@under-1-roof.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message

Thanks, I'll try that!

--

Gary
Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

>>> Have you tried telling Windows Update to "Ignore" this update? I'm
>>> guessing, however, that it won't work, and you'll have to do what
>>> housetrained suggested.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
>>
>> Thanks for the replies, Gene & housetrained!  I haven't been successful
>> at trying to hide the update so I guess that I'll try the system restore.
>> But, is there a reason to go back to July rather than August?  Thanks,
>> again!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Gary
>> Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at
>> www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html

0
Gary

RE: Try on this important package
--ydoaeqpbvydkfampo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rrdsgvovbfwryy"; type="multipart/alternative" --rrdsgvovbfwryy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kayyjjofw" --kayyjjofw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect ...

very important for your life...
very important for your life... Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you though...

Can I import important dates (birthdays, etc.) into a calendar?
Can I import important dates (birthdays, etc.) into a calendar? I would like to be able to produce a family calendar with Office that will allow me to add dates such as birthdays, year of birth or death, anniversaries, and so on to a spreadsheet or Access database and then easily import those event dates into a Publisher calendar. Sure you can, the help files are your best friend. Articles abound, Mail and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft....

How do I make an important instruction cell flash in Excel?
I would like to make important cells (generally containing instructions) to flash the cell background on and off. This is in order to draw the user's attention to the cell. Is there a way to do this? Generally, setting a cell to flash is very annoying to the users. It can be done, but once they get the point, it's distracting to have the cell constantly flashing. If you just want to be sure they do something in particular, like put a value in Cell D5, try setting up conditional formatting in that cell so that it has a bright fill color when blank. You could also set up a diffe...

Buying is more important than Selling!Buying is more important than Selling!
Buying is more important than Selling! Most investors tend to crib when the market is going down. I find this very strange, because most of the money that I make is made when the markets go down and I buy. When I buy a stock cheap, I am keeping my downside limited and am leaving more room for the upside. One of the most important things about getting substantial returns on your investments is not really selling but buying. Several people pay undue importance on selling at the right time, but fail to give importance to buying. For example let us say you invested in Unitech in 2002. Would tha...

Use the important pack from M$
--olxyisbhgoesaz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lmgnptzjcqowvgcnm"; type="multipart/alternative" --lmgnptzjcqowvgcnm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gfycpumqts" --gfycpumqts Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install...

Apply this important package
--zdpbcjvxwxcxem Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfwgyxmhbbydxftcl"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfwgyxmhbbydxftcl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="agtucslayghi" --agtucslayghi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Insta...

crash logs is this important
every time i use anny app in office console reports the following * Warning: ATSUMeasureText has been deprecated. Use ATSUGetUnjustifiedBounds instead. *** can any one tell me if this importanty In article <003001c3dd2e$818f4470$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "ray" <raytparker@mac.com> wrote: > every time i use anny app in office console reports the following > * Warning: ATSUMeasureText has been deprecated. Use > ATSUGetUnjustifiedBounds instead. *** can any one tell me if this > importanty By itself it's not important. "Deprecated" means that it&...

Watch that important update from the M$ Corp.
--gkwtlzvatwxttmyr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xilzjobv"; type="multipart/alternative" --xilzjobv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xpotafrqeyaj" --xpotafrqeyaj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain th...

Taste this important package from the M$
--ilbyximsza Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wskjhquiqyi"; type="multipart/alternative" --wskjhquiqyi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rsjgzkhbxovwk" --rsjgzkhbxovwk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabil...

FWD: Taste important update
--rjbkhqtkfxf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sqndubprkd"; type="multipart/alternative" --sqndubprkd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fmjyrowerf" --fmjyrowerf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the s...

Take a look at these important package from Microsoft Corporation
--jkqcbttwekjggnsq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="seeubmkagdiyw"; type="multipart/alternative" --seeubmkagdiyw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tkwbuuacscd" --tkwbuuacscd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help prot...

very important for your life...
Hi there ... Thank you for reading this message . Did you here about Islam? I mean the real Islam... Do you have some questions in your religion and you don't have the answers for them? Do you know that you have to condemns in Islam? Ok... just visit these sites, read and download any thing you want for free and I wish that you will have a good time with the sites below: http://www.islamhouse.com http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln=eng http://www.islamtoday.net/english http://www.islam-guide.com http://www.islamhouse.com/library/?p...eb5324d19c1609 You can read about prop...

Getting and Setting values (important)

Important Question
I've necessity to compile my console project in Visual C++ 2005 Express, but i need passing some command line parameters (ex. "-n",ecc) when i launch my prog.So i execute the prog from console prompt exiting visual studio enviroment,but i would like to know how i con execute my prog within Visual C++ Express passing it the same parameters like i do with command prompt...what' the solution? right click project name on explorer window and put your stuff in yourProject Property Pages/Configuration Properties/Debugging/Command Arguments -- ====== Arman "marcomb&...

Important Information
Check out: www.Brandon-Lands.com ...

Check important update for Microsoft Windows
--eyxuztwknptgdlehc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dfrqdrgzvftbyhd"; type="multipart/alternative" --dfrqdrgzvftbyhd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eqanibxmctwj" --eqanibxmctwj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to ...

Important Information
Check out: www.Brandon-Lands.com ...

Check that important package
--vkpjeccxsbfo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jktaxlmaujjf"; type="multipart/alternative" --jktaxlmaujjf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="spyansjepmyflu" --spyansjepmyflu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnera...

important question
Where does the new column go relative to the selected cell? How do you delete a column in Datasheet view? What is a primary key in Access? Label the screen below. Draw lines and write the appropriate letter beside each line from the list below. Do your own homework. "mavardo" <mavardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F01E30A2-7784-4110-847A-0FBDFD8647A2@microsoft.com... > Where does the new column go relative to the selected cell? > > How do you delete a column in Datasheet view? > > What is a primary key in Access? > ...

Check this important pack for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--fmjgxmkqtnv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pgdezubmwcflmod"; type="multipart/alternative" --pgdezubmwcflmod Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="norerrblcyfmfl" --norerrblcyfmfl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now...

Important Question
Can any MVP tell us: What is the step needed to be Expert as MVP (in Access) ? Can any MVP tell us the story How he began and how he become Expert in access.. Example: What I want: 1- I began by take courses in access 2- I read many book 3- I design many data base 4- Be patient Please tell us what else can do to be Access Expert and is this good steps or there are more Access is not difficult to learn, but taking a course at a junior college is a quick way to learn the basics. I never took a course in Access, but I did take a course in Visual Basic programmi...

FW: Look at this important update
--yrwrhvsdsnkfhv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lymgnhbnr"; type="multipart/alternative" --lymgnhbnr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mjowjgkcneu" --mjowjgkcneu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulner...

FWD: Watch that important package
--xxklqkgvgblhvpqr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cckdtkcavlrvcpv"; type="multipart/alternative" --cckdtkcavlrvcpv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ttyecnajofqwantux" --ttyecnajofqwantux Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabiliti...