Website browsing problem

Hi All

We have an engineering client who cannot connect to one particular website
www.schydraulic.com

Client network setup:
SBS 2003 Premium, ISA 2004, 2 nics.

Internet--->Ext nic 192.168.0.2-->Int nic 192.168.16.2--->Internal network

Client installation was carried out over 3 years ago and they have had no
other browsing issues except this one website they have only recently
neededaccess to.
Cannot connect to this site from any workstation or SBS server.

We have another client who has an identical SBS setup and they can access
this website.

I have setup logging in isa and returns the following when trying this
website:

Failed connection attempt Web proxy (forward)

10060 A connection attempt failed because the party did not respond properly
after a period of time
or established connection failed because connection host has failed to
respond.

I have done the usual things of checking dns, pinging the site which
resolves ok, checked the isa access rules for anything that could cause this
problem and have now run out of ideas.

I would be very grateful for help with this.

Thanks,

David

Hello Daivd,

Thanks for your post.

1. Can you ping schydraulic.com from workstation or from SBS server? Then how about using http://DestinationServerIP to access that website?
If you can use http://DestinationServerIP to access that website, please add a HOST record in your HOST file to force DNS name resolution. Also, add *.schydraulic.com to your IE trusted website list(or
use other web browser instead of IE to try)

NsLookup tool:
http://network-tools.com/nslook/Default.asp

2. What device is connected in front of your SBS external NIC? Do you have any hardware router or firewall placed between the SBS server and the public Internet?
If there is any, please DOUBLE confirm that no rules or blacklist are used to block this (or this kind of )website.

BTW, try to check and delete the Web Cache on ISA server to have a try:
--------------------
Please refer to the following articles steps to delete the old website cached file.

How to Delete the Web Cache on Internet Security and Acceleration Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301471/en-us

How to delete the Web cache in Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 or in ISA Server 2004
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838248/en-us

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Hi Robbin
Thank you very much for your reply.
In answer to your questions:

I can ping the website schydraulic.com.
I cannot access the site using http://ip address. I receive the same timout
10060 error.

I have tried 2 other browsers (Firefox and opera) to access the site with
the same error.
We have a netgear DG834 adsl modem router in front of the sbs server which
has caused no errors in the past 3 years of operation.
I have checked both isa rules and the netgear firewall rules for anything
connected to this site and there are none.
The isa server is not configured for web caching.

Hope this provides the informatiom you need.

Best regards

David

""Robbin Meng [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello Daivd,
>
> Thanks for your post.
>
> 1. Can you ping schydraulic.com from workstation or from SBS server? Then how about using http://DestinationServerIP to access that website?
> If you can use http://DestinationServerIP to access that website, please add a HOST record in your HOST file to force DNS name resolution. Also, add *.schydraulic.com to your IE trusted website list(or
> use other web browser instead of IE to try)
>
> NsLookup tool:
> http://network-tools.com/nslook/Default.asp
>

> 2. What device is connected in front of your SBS external NIC? Do you have any hardware router or firewall placed between the SBS server and the public Internet?
> If there is any, please DOUBLE confirm that no rules or blacklist are used to block this (or this kind of )website.
>

> BTW, try to check and delete the Web Cache on ISA server to have a try:
> --------------------
> Please refer to the following articles steps to delete the old website cached file.
>
> How to Delete the Web Cache on Internet Security and Acceleration Server
>
> How to delete the Web cache in Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 or in ISA Server 2004
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> Best regards,
> Robbin Meng(MSFT)
> Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support
>

> .

Hi David,

Thanks for your prompt reponse.

Since you can ping the "schydraulic.com" and we got the same error using http://ip address, it should not be a DNS resolution or website blocking issue, but more likely a Network connection time-
out issue.

Cause of "10060 - Connection timeout":
This behavior may occur when the Web Proxy service connection settings do not allow enough time to receive a response from the destination Web site before the service closes the connection.

By default, the Web Proxy service waits for 60 seconds on initial connection attempts to a Web site and all later "GET" requests for a response from the server, and it waits 120 seconds before it
times out idle socket connections.

Suggestions:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

Step 1: Troubleshoot the Web Proxy Connection
Determine if this issue occurs only when the Web Proxy service is used. To do this, install the Winsock Proxy Client on the client computer, disable the Web Proxy settings (under Local Area Network
[LAN] settings on the Connections tab of the Internet Options dialog box), and then try to go to the Web site where you experience the problem. If you can reach the site successfully, the problem is
with the Web Proxy timeout settings. If so, go to the next step.

Step 2: Increase the Web Proxy Timeout Settings
To increase the amount of time that the Web Proxy service waits before it closes idle sessions, follow these steps:

1.
Click Start , click Run , type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK .
2. 	Navigate to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3Proxy\Parameters
3. 	In the right pane of Registry Editor, right-click RequestTimeoutSecs , and then click Modify .
4. 	Click Decimal , and then type the number of seconds that you want the Web Proxy service to wait for a response before it returns an error message. A recommended value for this setting is
180 or more.
5. 	Click OK , and then restart the World Wide Web Publishing service. To restart this service:
a. 	Click Start , click Run , type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK .
b. 	Type net stop iisadmin /y , and then press ENTER.
c. 	When the service has stopped successfully, type net start iisadmin /y , and then press ENTER.

Note You may have to restart additional dependent services that were stopped together with the IIS Admin Service.

6. 	Test the new settings from a client computer that is configured to use the Web Proxy service: try to go to the Web site where you experienced the problem. If the issue is not resolved, go to the
next step.
7. 	If you still experience the timeout problems, start Registry Editor (if it is not already started), and then navigate to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3Proxy\Parameters
8. 	In the right pane of Registry Editor, right-click SocketIoTimeoutSecs , and then click Modify .
9. 	Click Decimal , and then type a value of 300 (or more) in the Value data box.

Note This is the time in seconds that the Web Proxy service will wait before ending idle socket connections.
10. 	Restart the World Wide Web Publishing service.
11. 	Test the new settings from a client computer that is configured to use the Web Proxy service: try to go to the Web site where you experienced the problem. If the issue is not resolved, go to the
next step.
12. 	Add the TcpMaxDataRetransmissions value to the Windows registry. For additional information about how to add and configure this value, click the following article number to view the article
in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
KB191143 10060 Connection Timed Out Error with Proxy Server on Slow Link

Please take your time to have a try. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Hi Robin

Thanks again for your reply. I will follow your suggestions and report back.

Regards

David

""Robbin Meng [MSFT]"" wrote:

> [...]
>
> Note This is the time in seconds that the Web Proxy service will wait before ending idle socket connections.
> 10. 	Restart the World Wide Web Publishing service.
> 11. 	Test the new settings from a client computer that is configured to use the Web Proxy service: try to go to the Web site where you experienced the problem. If the issue is not resolved, go to the
> next step.
> 12. 	Add the TcpMaxDataRetransmissions value to the Windows registry. For additional information about how to add and configure this value, click the following article number to view the article
> in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
> KB191143 10060 Connection Timed Out Error with Proxy Server on Slow Link

> Please take your time to have a try. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

You are welcome David. For your convenience, the detailed steps can be found in KB811087:

"10060 Connection Timed Out" Error Message When You Try to Connect to Certain Web Sites
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811087/en-us

Please take your time to have a try.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Hi Robbin
Just to update, we have found that this website blocks  access from our ISP.
We are going to contact them to remove this restriction,
Thanks again for your help.

David

""Robbin Meng [MSFT]"" wrote:

> You are welcome David. For your convenience, the detailed steps can be found in KB811087:
>
> "10060 Connection Timed Out" Error Message When You Try to Connect to Certain Web Sites
>
> Please take your time to have a try.
>

> Best regards,
> Robbin Meng(MSFT)
> Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support
>

> .

Hi David,

You are welcome. Glad to know you found the root cause and thanks for informing me the results.

Please do not hesitate to post in SBS forum if you need any assistance in the future.

Have a good day.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Drop down for website
Hi. I am trying to create a database in excel 2000, which i save as a webpage. If i create a drop down list in excel it will not appear in my browser. Is it possible to show the drop down list in the browser? -- Hendrik Clientlogic Technical Support Representative ...

Send/Receive problems
For some reason, my inbox does not show new messages unless I click on an existing message in my inbox, then new messages appear. "Tim" <trabs1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4beb01c356a9$e50ca9e0$a001280a@phx.gbl > For some reason, my inbox does not show new messages > unless I click on an existing message in my inbox, then > new messages appear. Are you using Exchange as the mail server? Or POP3/SMTP mail servers? -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all...

IE hangs on this website!
Internet Explorer 8 hangs on this website mord.krakow.pl without compatibility mode! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=b7b99f56-61e3-40c1-83e5-44bdfafcadeb&dg=micros...

Tab key problems #2
I have a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. The arrow keys will move through the unlocked cells, but the Tab key will not. Is there some way to correct this problem? Marilyn Sounds like all cells are locked if the Tab key won't move. Did you select the cells to be unlocked and set them as such prior to protecting the worksheet? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:09:07 -0800, "Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a protected worksheet in Excel 2003. The arrow keys will move through >the unlocked cells, but the Tab key will not...

hyperlinks to other websites
Hi: Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (10.6308.6735)SP3. I have created a newsletter that I am planning to e-mail to my customers. I have included the first paragraph or two of articles on the web that are of interest to my clients. I have then typed in the web address and tagged it onto the bottom of the article for my clients to click on so they may get the full article and/or be brought to the web-page. I have done test e-mails to myself and the newsletter looks great, but when i try to click links nothing happens. Looking for direction to a solution to this online or support from the ...

#### How To Turn Your Dull Website into Money Making Website####
How To Turn Your Dull Website into Money Making Website.. It provides wonderful HEATMAPS -A Movie on how a visitor scroll any webpage! * Lets you view movies of how each one of your visitors has been looking at your web page. * Provides number of visitors to each page. * How many pages on your website to which each visitor clicked. * How long each visitor stayed on your website. * The time spent on each part of your web page * The number of clicks made to each of the links on your pages. * The favorite entry pages on your site. * The exit pages on your website: great information for where t...

Public folder access problem #2
Hello, Don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem, sorry for posting in both groups :-) Exchange Enterprise Edition 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 in Windows XP SP2, 1.000 users and public folders. Until yesterday a user was able to access a public folder; tree is : \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Incoming Mail \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Outgoing Mail Then suddenly this user does not see the content of the Department folder nor the subfolders. When you click on the Department folder properties, summary tab, you see this user has the Reviewer role. ...

Problem editing a salary deposit
Occassionally I have to slightly amend my paycheck deposit due to rounding on taxes. When I attempt to do so and edit the splits, when I try to enter the transaction to the register, I receive an error that making that change will cause the value of one of my investments included in the split to fall below zero. This makes no sense because I am not changing my investment and I cannot enter the paycheck with all the functionality I want (i.e., taxes, investments, etc.). Any ideas? I think it is a software glitch but there is no way for me to contact MS without paying, which I don'...

problems with manipulating clipboard
I just want to copy some text to the clipboard. The codes are as follows CString Content="some words!" if(::OpenClipboard(GetSafeHwnd()) ::EmptyClipboard() HGLOBAL GlobalBuffer=::GlobalAlloc(GHND|GMEM_SHARE,Content.GetLength()+1) char *buffer=(char*)GlobalLock(GlobalBuffer) memcpy(buffer,Content,Content.GetLength()+1) GlobalUnlock(GlobalBuffer) ::SetClipboardData(CF_TEXT,GlobalBuffer) ::CloseClipboard() //::GlobalFree(GlobalBuffer) questions 1. Shall I free memory allocated by GlobalAlloc()? If so it doesnot work when i paste the text into a editbox. Is windows responsib...

Mailbox problem with AD
After create a mailbox-enable user in AD however even after an hour, I still can't find the mailbox in the mailstore. How come...? -- Portland St. "lamlam" wrote: > After create a mailbox-enable user in AD however even after an hour, I still > can't find the mailbox in the mailstore. How come...? > -- > Portland St. The Mailbox will only show once the user has logged onto Outlook or a mail message is sent to the mailbox. If the acount shows in the Global Address List then you do not have a problem... ...

wire transfer download problems
I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. The receiving bank in Panama took $15 as a service fee and credited my account with $4885. Somehow my US bank now wants to show the amount as $4885 during downloads to my checking account. But some genie reminds Money 2004 that the original amount was $5000 which triggers a discrepancy. As a result, this transaction wants to download each and every time, whether I change, accept, or whatever. Thanks for help. In microsoft.public.money, lanecito wrote: >I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. Th...

print problem
When I select the print icon or file ----print on any message I get the save as dialogue. HELP.... On Tue, 03 May 2005 02:54:31 -1000, DS <darrone.suggs@hhs.gov> wrote: > When I select the print icon or file ----print on any message I get the > save > as dialogue. HELP.... Check and see what printer it's trying to use. You've probably got the Office Image Writer or PDF Creator or something like that selected instead of a regular printer. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations Coordinator Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu http://www.scgab.com ...

Taking numbers off a website and importing them into Excel? Possible? #2
I have Excel 2000, and I don't see any of the arrows that you ar talking about. When I input the website name, it takes me to an Exce sheet with all of the numbers from the website. Although I guess I ca make this work, it has none of the formatting or tables that ar associated with the website and is very rough. Is there a way to ONLY get the data from that particular table from th website instead of the entire website, and then import just that dat into Excel? DrSues0 -- DrSues0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DrSues02's Profile: http://w...

OT: Anyone interested in a temp solutions to that ICDBurn problem I reported:
You can bring up the taskbar's properties, enable 'hide inactive icons', select 'customize' on that option, then find the irritating "there are files waiting to be written to the CD" message and set its properties to 'always hide.' Still would prefer a programmatic solution, still looking :). WTH "WTH" <spamsucks@Ih8it.com> wrote in message news:%23%23NJxWksDHA.560@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > You can bring up the taskbar's properties, enable 'hide inactive icons', > select 'customize' on that option, then fi...

EPSON POS Receipt Printer TM T88III problem
Hi guys, first post here and hope some of you can help or have experience I just bought a new TM88III thermal receipt printer (serial) and a serial cable from the POS-WAREHOUSE ; i am using RETAIL PLUS 2.0 download/trial version to test out the POS. I have a PC running Win XP. When I was testing the POS, I have no problems of the POS software after a transaction is done, we hit ENTER and it will print out an invoice from our inkjet printer. This mean the POS program is stable. I have gone to download the driver software A301.gk (or something like that) from official EPSON support website a...

Publishing your Website
I have created a 10 page website which I would like to publish on my server, but when I upload the site I am only getting the first page on the web. The site works great when I preview my website. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks please review the discussion group menu for publisher, you'll find there is a dedicated forum for web publication topics. please use it for your web questions. refer to http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/01/81270.aspx -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.davidbartosik.com "Douglas" wrote: > I hav...

Problem with CStdioFile
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am using CStdioFile to open a file using the following command. det_file.Open("Detectors.txt", CFile::modeRead, NULL); every time I run this program, I get a debug assertion failure message. I ran the program in debug mode and found out that while executing this instruction, det_file.name is set to C:\Document and Settings\atif\My Documents\Detectors.txt Could any one please tell me why is this path changed to this directory. Regards, Atif > Could any one please tell me why is this path changed to this > directory. Where do y...

Query problems 09-19-07
Hi guys, I got a problem for Access and SQL Server. I got a DB in Access which has two similiar tables linked from SQL Server. Both table has a field stored bitmaps with OLE. The two tables are exactly same except the data. When I use queries to display maps, one of them works all right but the other just freezing. If I use an other mdb file to store the maps. It works fine. What's the possible reason? I need your help! Cheers Daniel ...

Hotmail & Exchange 2003 problem
Hey all, I am running Windows 2003 Server and Exchange 2003. I am having an issue with Hotmail being delivered to the local store. I can see it through Mail Box tracking through Exchange system manager and this is what the last line says for messages coming from hotmail. "Message transfered to mailhost.yourmail.com through SMTP" All other email from external hosts is coming through fine. This is only happening with Hotmail accounts. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. Chris ...

Toolbar saving problem
Hi, I have a workbook which is saved on a shared drive in my work office. When I change or add items to my own created toolbar nothing is shown when a new user logs on and opens the workbook. I want them to be able to use the toolbar, but as I say it is never show. Also some of the macros which I add to the workbook 'drop out'. This is very frustrating as I update my workbook to make it look and work better but none of these 'upgrades' seem to show on the 'same' worlbook when another user logs onto the same drive (S) and uses the same icon for the workbook. Can an...

Problem with dates
Hi. I have a date problem. I have got a workbook with a date column from a friend. When I copy a cell from the date colomn and past it in another workbook I get a different date. When I format it in text format, there are the same numbers. For example: I have a cell with format Date (15-3 05) and the cell value 27-5 05. (The value for this cell in text format is 37037). I copy this cell and past it in a New Workbook, and the date is 26-5 01. I look at the format and it�s the same. And the value in text format is also the same, 37037. But when I past it in the same workbook I copy it from, th...

publisher memory problem
I have changed computers and now I open a file in publisher and get this "Publisher does not have enough memory to load graphics or embedded objects What happened what can I do? Previous posters have found this issue when they are using Norton AV. Please refer to the first item on page http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm You do not need to post your question on the different Publisher groups at once. -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Katrina" <carmelann@charter.net>...

Website Traffic
Hi Massive website traffic for your website:http://www.trumptraffic.com?r=61999 ...

problem related to context menu
hello,i m new to VC++ i need to add the context menu on my application i have the list view now i want the right click on one row the popup menu displayed ........but i didnt get that how to add contact menu can u please help me thank & regards preeti jain >i have the list view now i want the right click on one row the popup >menu displayed ........but i didnt get that how to add contact menu You need to add a message handler for WM_CONTEXTMENU and in there display the menu using TrackPopupMenu. If you search for those 2 terms you'll probably find some examples. Dave http...

CRM Exchange website
I have installed the exchange conector do I need to use the exchange website as the default or can I use any of my websites that do not have exchange? Thanks I do not think it matters which website you use. However, the router will not affect OWA if that is your concern. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:55:06 -0700, "Michael Alexio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have installed the exchange conector do I need to use the exchange website as the default or can I use any of ...