Users Shared Folders

Hi guys

Can someone please put me out of my misery, and save me from spending another
day or so wasting my time trying to find the answer.

I just took delivery of new server with SBS 2003. Another company installed
it for us.

They set it up so that when you create a new user it automatically sets up a
user folder in "c:\Users Shared Folders"

I do not want that to happen there. I NEED it to happen in the D directory.

I have read about moving existing folders etc etc. But I dont need to do that
cause I have yet to set up the users, but will be shortly. All I want to do
is to change where the "Users Shared Folders" get set up, so that it sets it
up on my d drive and not the c drive.

I would have phoned the company who set it up but they are now on holiday
till after New Year. I need to have this up and running by then or else....!!!
!!!

Please tell me how to change the default setting.

Thanks in advance

Sparkybear

The User Shared Folder is  created by default when SBS 2003 is installed.

The procedure to move it is in here:

Moving Data Folders for Windows Small Business Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a1d0af69-1287-4225-bd8b-59c89f44984b&displaylang=en

You note the permissions on the User Shared Folder, unshare it, move it to
the D: drive, share it, recreate the share permissions and then delete it
from the C: drive.  (Follow the detailed procedure in the document above).

--
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

"Sparkybear" <u57037@uwe> wrote in message news:a10acffee79cc@uwe...
> Hi guys
>
> Can someone please put me out of my misery, and save me from spending
> another
> day or so wasting my time trying to find the answer.
>
> I just took delivery of new server with SBS 2003. Another company
> installed
> it for us.
>
> They set it up so that when you create a new user it automatically sets up
> user folder in "c:\Users Shared Folders"
>
> I do not want that to happen there. I NEED it to happen in the D
> directory.
>
> I have read about moving existing folders etc etc. But I dont need to do
> that
> cause I have yet to set up the users, but will be shortly. All I want to
> do
> is to change where the "Users Shared Folders" get set up, so that it sets
> it
> up on my d drive and not the c drive.
>
> I would have phoned the company who set it up but they are now on holiday
> till after New Year. I need to have this up and running by then or
> else....!!!
> !!!
>
> Please tell me how to change the default setting.
>
> Thanks in advance

Merv

Syncing child Task folders ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C79DEE.D53E36B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have added some child Task folders (ie folders underneath 'Task' and indented) but they do not seem to be syncing to my WM5 device. Can you sync Task folders other than the Default ? ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C79DEE.D53E36B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" = xmlns:o=3D"urn...

Problem setting up public folder to replicate to another server in E2K3
I have two Server 2003 servers (Server01 DC and Server02 member server), both installed in the same Exchange organisation and in the same domain. I have a public folder on Server01 that I want to configure to replicate to Server02. If I open System Manager on Server01 and navigate to the public folder and right click properties | Replication tab | Add then Server02 is available in the list and I can add it. But when I click OK I get this error message: 'The object is no longer available ID No 8004e19' Any ideas why? Thanks, Anastas ...

Extracting User Permissions
I have a need to compare a large list of SharePoint site users to an external MS Access database to validate people that require access to the site. Is it possible to ODBC link or otherwise extract the user ID and permissions from SharePoint to accomplish that process, and what are the steps to do so? Thanks! ...

Messages from Exchange internal accounts moved to Junk E-mail folder
The e-mail messages from three internal Exchange accounts (including my own) are delivered into the Junk E-mail folder by Outlook, for this one user. The three accounts can't be added to the Safe Senders list (through right click >>Junk E-mail >>Add Sender to Safe Senders list), because they are internal and a message pops up saying: "The e-mail address for this sender is internal to your organisation and cannot be added to this list." The e-mail client is Outlook 2003, the e-mail server is Exchange 2003 SP2, the OS is Windows XP Pro SP2. I've added the user@do...

Pass argument for a command waiting for user input
Hi All, I am using perforce, in one scenario after execution of the command it keeps waiting for the user input on the command prompt. Once i give it displays some data and exits. I need to pass the argument after execution of the command in my automation script. Please let me know how that can be done. Also i need to capture the data. Thanks in advance. Harsha Check this http://openadda.com ...

Perfmon tracks network link usage per user?
Is possible to view server network link utilisation per client or computer/IP on a workgroup, windows 2003? I need to track who is using most of the bandwith on the server. thanks. You might give this a go. http://www.wireshark.org/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Tyler Durden"wrote: > Is possible to view server network link utilisation per client or > computer/IP on a > workgroup, windows 2003? I need...

Opening a user for from a Custom Toolbar
I have a couple of userforms that I want to open by providing a custom toolbar. I guess I would do this by placing macros on the toolbar but can someone advise how I would reference the userforms within the macro? Thanks .. Dave Hi Dave, One way would be to created a sub within the document or a new module that simply loads the userform, e.g.: Public Sub ShowUserForm1 Userform1.Show End Sub and then link the button to this sub, capice? "Dave C" wrote: > I have a couple of userforms that I want to open by providing a custom > toolbar. I guess I wo...

Lost folders #3
One way or the other all the folders I added to my OUTLOOK 2000 are gone. They can't even be found in de deleted folder. Size of the PST file leaves me with some hope that they have not yet been removed completely. Anyone out there who can show me where they have gone? Theo P ...

Expunge IMAP folder when file is deleted
Hello. I've searched the net and found lots of references there but none that will work for me. They speak of settings that are not there in some cases so I am hoping some of you experts can help. Here is my situation: I have 2 imap accounts. One is at Gmail and the other is a local IMAP server (hmailserver). When I delete a message from any Gmail folder, it is automatically purged. When I delete a message from any folder on the hmailserver, it puts a line through the message and forces me to expunge it. I have looked all over the net and nothing works. I've looked at e...

can't save due to sharing violation
unable to save file. receive error message that says unable to save due to sharing violation, but no other file is open. ...

Access USb Printer as User?
Hi, just wondering if a ordinary user account under windows xp sp3 can print using a local attached usb printer...(oki c5510 mfp) it is working as administrator, but the user can't print (as soon as he presses a print button, it fails with "cannot print to device..." any help appreciated. regards joerg I have been able to send output to a usb printer from any account ever since I installed the first one... Jim "Joerg Mayer" <masteryoda@gmx.de> wrote in message news:gfmkkg24bp9q.1em4gra69x3kx.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi, > > just wond...

Reading UNC shared files
How can I read, access to shared files with UNC path in VS.NET 2003 C++? I am using CFile::GetStatus(m_csServerPath, fStatus) which works fine with the local files, but returns error when accessing remote shared files. File sharing has nothing to do with either VS.NET or C++. It is implemented in the kernel, so I don't see that this question has any relevance to any programming language, programming environment, development tool, etc. You say it returns "error" but this is a meaningless statement unless accompanied by a description of WHAT error (RTFM: if you did not call ...

New user
I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even sure where to look for it...Help appreciated DJE <DJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even > sure where to look for it...Help appreciated http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Run isinteg before migrating users to Exchange 2003
We will be migrating users from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Would it make sense to use the isinteg tool to check for corruption before migrating users to the new server. I know the migration tool has a feature to clean up corrupted messages. thanks, Alex Not really. Corruption doesn't follow during the move. "Alex Mook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6c9e01c475c3$13bfb5a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > We will be migrating users from Exchange 2000 to Exchange > 2003. Would it make sense to use the isinteg tool to > check for corruption...

In Dynamics GP the ability to turn off Last SQL User
Scope: The scope of this case is to address your question about turning off the feature that displays the last SQL user that was login to Dynamics GP. Environment: Dynamics GP 10.0 Assessment: I understand that you have Dynamics GP 10.0 loaded on a terminal server and would like to disable the feature that displays the last SQL user that was logged in to Dynamics GP. You have tried modifying the DEX.ini filed by removing the "SQLLastUser" line and making the file read-only. This resolution has resulted in a prompt to run Dynamics GP Utilities each time you login. I unders...

FrontEnd OWA for special users #4
Hi, That article for some configuration in Exchange, and I couldn't make it work following these steps(how new virtual server link to real using exchange?). And My ISA no in the Domain. Could anybody show me the detail? Thanks Jeffrey >>Hi, >>I just want a special users group can through ISA connect to our Front end >>OWA over Internet. Other people only check email on BackEnd OWA in >>Intranet.So, disable OWA won't work. for Exchange 2003, how can setup this >>way. >>Thanks. >>Jeffrey >> > > > Should be able to that with ISA ...

Outlook client & multiple users
I have the desktop Outlook client on a computer. I want to set up another user to use the Outlook client. I logged in as the new user, opened Outlook, went to the Com Add-ins window, selected the crmaddin.dll and clicked OK. I received a runtime error and Outlook shutdown. Is this the correct way to add another user to access the Outlook client? Thanks, -Rick Rick, You will actually need to install the Outlook client while logged on as that used. Just trying to select the addin will not work. Good luck. Mitch blogs.infinite-x.net ...

Help to open pst folder
For the third time I have been obliged to deleted all the files in my pst folder in order to get rid of a virus. The AV program can identify each of the specific line items that are infected but cannot disinfect them. How can I open the pst folder so that I may only delete the individual line item identified by the AV program? ...

First Try at Creating a User Form
I have exhausted my search abilities to find an answer to what should be a simple question. I created a user form that pretty much duplicates the built in Data Form. The major difference is that it does not contain all of the fields in the data base -- just a few of them and it doesn't have all of the controls only a Next and Previous control as well a Close. The form is just what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to display the values of the fields when I open it. That is the first problem.. I want it, like the built in form, to show the values of fields for each recor...

Applying a view and propagating it to all folders
Does anyone know how to do this? For example when I try to set font size for the inbox to 12 pt. instead of the default 8 and then apply the view it only effects messages in the inbox, not those messages in any of the subfolders of the inbox. Is there anyway to makes changes to a view apply globally and propagate to all subfolders just as you can do for folder views in Windows Explorer? No, unless the folder is still in the default Messages view and you change it by going to View-> Arrange By-> Current View-> Define Views... Otherwise create a new view and apply that view o...

Where to store user settings in a window application?
Where should I store user settings in a window application? For instance, states of checkboxes in some kind of a "options menu", (hashed) password, login, etc, etc... I googled a lot and i found proposals with a storage in registry as well as with the storage in a generated file (.xml or .ini?). What is the best solution? Thanks in advance. Check Application.Settings. You can specify a property and then bind it to a control property like a checkbox or textbox. An optional setting saves any changes when you close the application. - Very easy to use. Rick "Mazdonat&qu...

Deleted Items folder on Outlook will not empty
"Deleted Items" folder on Outlook will not empty. When attempting to empty folder, I get the following message: "Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook multiple times with no improvement. I reinstalled Outlook twice - same problem persists. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? Thanks very much. ...

Removing erroneous personal folder
I created a new pst, directed email to it, imported old pst's folders/items in. During the process, it created a couple of top-level folders (as seen in Folder view) also named Personal Folders. One was deleted after the imports were finished, one remains. The remaining "extra" one cannot be deleted-right- clicked, etc. and appears to still have pointers to its contents, e.g., when I compose email and click the To... button, it lists 2 Contacts folders, only one of which is accessible. Any ideas on how to get rid of this? TIA!!! To remove extra PST(s) from the folder...

How to change font used in Folders pane
How can I change the font that Outlook uses in the folders pane? I know I did it before, but I can't remember how. Thanks in advance, gary ...

Importing Encrypted Folders
I have got a offline personal folder that has compressible encryption on it. I need to get the folder off of my old laptop and to my new laptop. How does one remove the encryption? When I tried it yesterday, it constantly said that I did not have permission to import it into my Outlook on my new laptop. Thanks in advance. Unless you passworded the file, it should simply open. Make sure it didn't becomes set READ ONLY when you moved it to the new laptop. Note that no Export/Import operations are required for this, Just copy the .PST file from the old laptop to the new one. Outl...