Users Shared Folders

Hi guys

Can someone please put me out of my misery, and save me from spending another
day or so wasting my time trying to find the answer.

I just took delivery of new server with SBS 2003. Another company installed
it for us.

They set it up so that when you create a new user it automatically sets up a
user folder in "c:\Users Shared Folders"

I do not want that to happen there. I NEED it to happen in the D directory.

I have read about moving existing folders etc etc. But I dont need to do that
cause I have yet to set up the users, but will be shortly. All I want to do
is to change where the "Users Shared Folders" get set up, so that it sets it
up on my d drive and not the c drive.

I would have phoned the company who set it up but they are now on holiday
till after New Year. I need to have this up and running by then or else....!!!
!!!

Please tell me how to change the default setting.

Thanks in advance

Sparkybear

The User Shared Folder is  created by default when SBS 2003 is installed.

The procedure to move it is in here:

Moving Data Folders for Windows Small Business Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a1d0af69-1287-4225-bd8b-59c89f44984b&displaylang=en

You note the permissions on the User Shared Folder, unshare it, move it to
the D: drive, share it, recreate the share permissions and then delete it
from the C: drive.  (Follow the detailed procedure in the document above).

--
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

"Sparkybear" <u57037@uwe> wrote in message news:a10acffee79cc@uwe...
> Hi guys
>
> Can someone please put me out of my misery, and save me from spending
> another
> day or so wasting my time trying to find the answer.
>
> I just took delivery of new server with SBS 2003. Another company
> installed
> it for us.
>
> They set it up so that when you create a new user it automatically sets up
> user folder in "c:\Users Shared Folders"
>
> I do not want that to happen there. I NEED it to happen in the D
> directory.
>
> I have read about moving existing folders etc etc. But I dont need to do
> that
> cause I have yet to set up the users, but will be shortly. All I want to
> do
> is to change where the "Users Shared Folders" get set up, so that it sets
> it
> up on my d drive and not the c drive.
>
> I would have phoned the company who set it up but they are now on holiday
> till after New Year. I need to have this up and running by then or
> else....!!!
> !!!
>
> Please tell me how to change the default setting.
>
> Thanks in advance

Merv

Deleting replicated public folder
I have a large public folder that I would like to delete. This folder is replicated to another exchange server. What is the best way to delete thsi folder? Do i need to do anything to the replication settings for this folder. The whole public folder tree is replicated not just this folder? You should remove the server from replication then point public folders to another server if that is appropriate. Dismount and delete. Nue "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:C97AF10F-1C6E-4CCA-BA40-CE11FABF1F3E@microsoft.com... >I have a large public folder that...

New to User Forms

Personal Folders Info Service
I'm trying to import my .pst file after having done a full system re-install but get the following error message ; Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders Information service. I'm confused as to why it's saying not compatible, it's Outlook 2002 on XP home. Grateful for some advice. How did you create this backup and in what version? Sounds to me like you created it in Outlook 2003. If you exported from Outlook 2003, your PST would not be compatible with any other version. And no, they don't warn you about that. -- Russ Valentine [MVP...

Disabling password feature on Personal Folders
I've upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and set up the user's Outlook profile. I go to add his Personal Folders and browse to his saved .pst file and the system asks us for an outlook password. I enter his Outlook password and I get the message that it is incorrect. The problem is the user says he never password protected his .pst file. So how do I - or can I - remove the password protection so that I am able to add his Personal Folders? Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Users Shared Folders

Users not showing up All Users

user breakpoint

Share Cash Draw in RMS
I'm new to RMS, and looking to go through certification shortly, in the meantime .. Is it possible to have multiple terminals share a single reciept Printer and cash draws? how do you set it up? You would have to set the printer up to use Windows drivers rather than OPOS - then just share the printer on the network. I would NOT recommend sharing the cash drawer - you will have a terrible time trying to close (Z report) the registers and balance the cash drawer. Set it up in the lab - I think you'll see what I mean very quickly... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www...

Favorite Folders in Outlook 7
I use Outlook 7 with XP. My Favorite Folders utility has disappeared. If I go to View|Navigation Pane, there is no Favorite Folder option any longer. How can I get it back. The only solutions I have found are for Vista or Win7. Sounds like you are in the Folder List Navigation which doesn't have a Favorite Folders section. Switch to the Mail Navigation instead (CTRL+1). -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World...

Public Folder auto accept
Dear all I am using an Exchange Server 2007 and the clients use Outlook 2007. If a user creats an appointment he is able to add a Public Folder as a required attendee but the Public Folder does not respond to the invitation and the appointment ist not visible in the Public Folder. How can I add this? Can anyone help me? Best regards, Chris ...

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Manager grayed out on user setup

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Shortcut to file system folder
Hello Probably an obvious question but I don't seem to find a valid answer: is there a way to create a link / shortcut from Outlook to the file system ? Basically I would like to have some of my most used folders to show up in my Outlook list of folders or shortcuts. Any pointer welcome --alexT I think that ability was removed in OL2003 and OL2007 "AlexT." <google@atc.ch> wrote in message news:1186570023.147447.323180@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hello > > Probably an obvious question but I don't seem to find a valid answer: > is there a way to c...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

Converting Vanguard mutual fund shares from Investor to Admiral shares
Hello, I have a question about how to enter this particular mutual fund activity in Money. Here is the scenario: - I have Vanguard 500 Index Investor mutual fund shares that I am converting to Vanguard 500 Index Admiral mutual fund shares. - Vanguard treats this transaction as an "exchange" from Investor shares to Admiral shares. There is no buy or sell. - The ticker symbol for Admiral shares is different from Investor shares. - The share price is a few cents different between the two types of shares. My question is: - What's the best way to enter this conversion from Inv...