Update Rollup 3 won't install properly

Hi,

After running lots of updates on SBS 2008 server, I finally was offered the
Update Rollup 3 to alleviate the problem of my Win7 box not being able to
connect. However, I am getting an error when trying to install the patch.
After about 40%, the install fails with Code 6BA. Also, the "New Updates are
available" baloon pops up in the system tray, offering to install it again.
I've tried restarting the server, but can't seem to install this update. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Geordie

GeordieB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After running lots of updates on SBS 2008 server, I finally was offered the
> Update Rollup 3 to alleviate the problem of my Win7 box not being able to
> connect. However, I am getting an error when trying to install the patch.
> After about 40%, the install fails with Code 6BA. Also, the "New Updates are
> available" baloon pops up in the system tray, offering to install it again.
> I've tried restarting the server, but can't seem to install this update. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Geordie
The Official SBS Blog : SBS 2008 Update Rollup 2 (KB 960911)
Installation Failure:
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/05/07/sbs-2008-update-rollup-2-kb-960911-installation-failure.aspx
0
Susan
12/19/2009 1:05:56 AM
GeordieB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After running lots of updates on SBS 2008 server, I finally was offered the
> Update Rollup 3 to alleviate the problem of my Win7 box not being able to
> connect. However, I am getting an error when trying to install the patch.
> After about 40%, the install fails with Code 6BA. Also, the "New Updates are
> available" baloon pops up in the system tray, offering to install it again.
> I've tried restarting the server, but can't seem to install this update. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Geordie
The Official SBS Blog : SBS 2008 Update Rollup 3 (KB 969121)
Installation Failure:
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/09/08/sbs-2008-update-rollup-3-kb-969121-installation-failure.aspx
0
Susan
12/19/2009 1:07:01 AM
I found the workaround for installing this rollup. I re-ran the IAMW and
added the prefix to the domain name (which I had previously unselected).
After installing Rollup 3 update, ran the IAMW again to remove the prefix.
Got that hint from the SBS Diva Blog, from a user signed JML. Thanks to JML,
it worked great, and I'm off and running again.

Geordie

"GeordieB" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After running lots of updates on SBS 2008 server, I finally was offered the
> Update Rollup 3 to alleviate the problem of my Win7 box not being able to
> connect. However, I am getting an error when trying to install the patch.
> After about 40%, the install fails with Code 6BA. Also, the "New Updates are
> available" baloon pops up in the system tray, offering to install it again.
> I've tried restarting the server, but can't seem to install this update. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Geordie

Problem with Script Updating

RMS 3.0 #2
i upgraded my service plan last year same time becuase they said rms 3.0 is releasing soon. Should i pay the fee becuase it didn't get me anything. any suggestions? Also rms 2.0 didn't do much except some button in po's and created more problems. i dont think they will be releasing 3.0 anytime soon anyway. Tough call I have heard from a partner that the 3.0 wont be out until endo 2009 but most likely 1st qtr 2010... Dynamics pos is the next release then RMS 3.0...thats on the rumor mill.. take it with a grain of salt. "manoj" wrote: > i upgraded my...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

3 EX 2003 Forest Identity Feature pack
We have 3 separate companies with 3 separate AD Forest in different countries, and we need to syncronize our email global address lists. 500+ 600+ 200+ contacts in each. Can this be done with MIIS and if so how can we accomplish this securely with no private connections between the companies. I am assuming we would have one Metadatabase that contained the CN and SMTPProxy address for each of the companies and filter the rest out. We do not need other directory information only CN and SMTPProxy. The other companies would need to show up as contacts in our directory or as contacts i...

How update entity in post update?

Migrating CRM 3.0 to a New Server OS.
I’ve purchased a new Server for our CRM 3.0 application and was wondering if there was a procedure to migrate the CRM application to its new server. The OS type (W2k3) is not being changed, just upgrading to a new server platform. -- GT It depends on whether or not you are running SQL on the same server or not. If SQL is on a seperate server, the process is pretty simple. You can install CRM on the new server and use the existing dtabases on the SQL machine. You will need to update any Outlook clients though to point to the new server URL. If SQL is on the same machine, the steps a...

Posting Setup #3
I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know implications of each posting account requirements. I have gone through the user manual provided along with the product but couldn't find it. Thanks for your time First, you should check out www.accoladespublications.com for their books on this topic. Do you need assistance with every field? -- Charles Allen, MVP "pathik shah" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up > posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know impl...

latest update too MSCFV2

Pivottable #3
1. How would I use macro to automatically update a pivot table when I have made changes to the database sheet? 2. I have the following database, Staff ID Dept Amount AH100 AH 50 AH101 AH 100 LC100 LC 200 Is it possible to have a calculated field with the amount divided by the number of staff in each department? ...

Dynamic Menu update

Outlook Express problem #3
Hello, I just started using outlook express and I am not able to open up any links that I receive in e-mails. If someone sends me a link in an e-mail and I click on it nothing happens. What I have to do is copy and paste it into my internet browser to open it. Does anyone know how I rectify this problem ...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

[ANN] Excel X security update

default browser #3
Running Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate 32-bit... Suddenly... I can't open a link inside an e-mail message by clicking on it unless IE7 is set as the default browser... How do I tell Outlook what the default browser is... Anything but IE... e.g. Fire Fox, Opera, etc. m you need to set the default in windows and outlook should use it - although recent reports are that it will always use IE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlo...

Payroll Update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

PROPER function in Excel
I have a database of names and addresses that are all upper case. I want to change them all with the PROPER formula by applying it to entire colums of text, but I can't seem to make it work. I have Microsoft Office XP and whatever version of Excel is in that. Thanks in advance for the help or diretion for help. Bill I think a macro is required. Insert a column to the right(or left) of intended column insertion point is b1 The syntax is not right but you will get the idea sub ProperItUp() b1.select b1.formula=proper(a1) selection.copy selection.paste pastespecial, values only...