Synchronization Manager - No Errors, but...

hey everyone, just when you think you've heard all the SyncMgr
questions, here's one for ya:
i have Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP PCs, and every time i
shutdown Windows XP, it Syncs no problem. But it keeps popping up saying
that there were "no errors", and then i have to click "Close" before it
shuts down. this is annoying, because i have to hang around while it
syncs, so i can click on "Close" afterwards, instead of just shutting
down and leaving.

i have applied the following registry edits, so it would quit bugging me
about mdb files:

-[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetCache]
"ExcludeExtensions"="*.mdb;*.pst"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache\ExclusionErrorSuppressionList]
"\\\\*\\*\\*.mdb"=dword:00000000
"\\\\*\\*\\*.pst"=dword:00000000-

and this one, so that it would only bug me for errors:

-[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Syncmgr]
"KeepProgressLevel"=dword:00000001-

but it still pops up to tell me that there were no errors, and prompts
me to click "Close".
is there a way to have it just shut down without me having to click
anything?
thanks in advance,
df

--
darkflux
darkflux's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/258743.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
darkflux

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Integration manager script for exchange rate tables
I am uploading journals into GP via IM. Does anyone have a script that will apply the exchange rates from the GP rate table to my integration? Or is there a better way to do this? ...

OWA for exchange minor error
links inside a message body always generate an asp redirect code that does not execute at all thus giving an http 500 error - page not found. Example on a link to http://www.nightlight.org within a mail body. http://orange/exchweb/bin/redir.asp? URL=http://www.nightlight.org/ Exchange Server 2003 running on Server 2000 SP4 PLease help. ...

Manage Several SMTP Address in Exchange 2003
Hi, one question: - I have some domain names (smtp addresses): test.com, test1.com and test2.com. In my domain (W2K3 with Exchange 2K3), there are users the need to receive and send emails using that addressess: - user x send and receive as test.com; - user y send and receive as test1.com; - user z send and receive as test2.com; The MX records of the domains (test.com, test1.com and test2.com) are configured to point to my Exchange 2K3. The question is, is it possible manage that through Exchange 2K3 setting each address to respective user? One user can send and receive email using only ...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Print errors HP/Vista/Publisher 2007/Xerox
I am having major problems with print errors since going to Vista and Pub 2007. I already loaded the Vista driver upgrade from Xerox, who says they have had numerous calls, and that it is Microsoft's problem. I have no problems printing Word or Excel files. I may get a few copies that are fine, but then start getting print errors and (usually) offending command: image, stack:dictionary. Then it prints a bunch of gibberish. What to do? Are you using printer fonts? Do you get the same results if you disable the printer fonts and use the application fonts. What is the exact error? ...

2B-Inventory Giveaway
We're giving away another copy of 2B-Inventory in January! What is 2B-Inventory? Mobile / handheld inventory management that works with or without a wireless network. 2B-Inventory is Windows Mobile Certified and includes a simple install file. All features have been designed based on the needs and requests of retailers. New feature requests are FREE! Modules Included: Item Lookup, Receiving, Physical Count, Orders (work orders, quotes, and layaways), and Purchase Orders. New features released in version 3.5 include HQ support for item transfers, creating POs away from the st...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Outlook user name error?
Outlook 2003 Comcast POP3 I get an user name error when trying to setup outlook to be the client for comcast mail. The comcast servers and ports are setup properly. I was wondering if the username convention might be a problem for my mother first.last@comcast.net I setup my account on her machine as xxxxxxxx@comcast.net and it went just fine. Is there a problem with the . (dot) in the user name field that outlook does not like? On web mail the user name/password works fine. Any help appreciated. She really likes outlook. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net John...

Please Help with Windows Defender Error
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have read so many documents and tried so many things that do not work. When I turn on my computer I get this error message about windows defender. Error Code 0x800106ba Application failed to initialize.... I found this article "Article ID: 931849 - Last Review: May 4, 2010 - Revision: 3.0" . I tried everything and nothing worked. I got to the last option, #4 and this file wuaueng.dll was not succefull in running. Here is what the last option # 4 says to do. If this issue is not resolved after you complete step 3, follow this step:...

error C2065: 'PROTECTED_DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION' : undeclared
The following is ok ::SetSecurityInfo(hProcess,SE_KERNEL_OBJECT,DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION ,NULL,NULL,pAcl,NULL) but error C2065: 'PROTECTED_DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION' : undeclared identifier ::SetSecurityInfo(hProcess,SE_KERNEL_OBJECT,DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION | PROTECTED_DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION,NULL,NULL,pAcl,NULL); why?????? "zhang" <makefriend8@163.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23YR8lIxPIHA.5400@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The following is ok > > ::SetSecurityInfo(hProcess,SE_KERNEL_OBJECT,DACL_SECURITY_INFORMATION > ,NULL,NULL,pAcl,NUL...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Requisition Management
Currently we cannot add items to an existing PO in Dynamics GP that is partly received VIA Requisition. If we can add items to partly received PO from within Great Plains, we should also be able to make this change VIA Requisition Management. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Integration Manager- Warning
Hi All, Anyone know how to surpress the warning message within Integration Manager? Specifically I am attempting a Cash Receipts integration and I get an error message stating: This Cash distribution amount is incorrect and will not be posted. Well I have checked the item in Recievables Batch posting and all looks correct. Any suggestions? Are you saying you receive the warning message AND the transaction still posts? "RB" wrote: > Hi All, > Anyone know how to surpress the warning message within Integration Manager? > Specifically I am attempting a Cash Receipts ...

Opportunity
Hello, I have a question/bug(?) concerning opportunities, products and the estimated revenue. For a client of us, we need to default the revenue option to "user provided" and put the field to "read only" so no total revenue ican automatically calculated on the opportunity level. THey always need to enter the total revenue manually. But if I now add a product from the PriceList to an OpportunityProduct, the price_per_unit of this product from the PL is not fetched, and no total_amount is calculated on the Opportunity Product Level. If I now re-open the Opportuni...

Eror connecting Reports MAnager
Hi all, i have been trying to install CRM 3.0 on a SBS installation with SQL 2000 installed and Sharepoint Services , and have the following problem: when I verify the report server the message is : servername/ReportServer - / -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Versión 8.00.1038.00 but when attempt to go to the reports administrator can't connect : ERROR The connection has been finished: It is not possible to connect with the remote server. Thanks! ...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Manager Summaries
Hi everyone, I have a single sheet with a list of manager's names and their employees in the folowing format Manager Employee Joe Bloggs Fred Flintstone Bill Gates Goeff Capes Bill Gates Barney Rubble Joe Bloggs Dan Dare I would like a separate sheet for each manager which just pulls out their employees, ie: Manager Employee Joe Bloggs Fred Flintstone Joe Bloggs Dan Dare I can do it but only with blank gaps where the other managers names go. Is it possible using cell formulas to get them all to be displayed on consecutive lines? Hope that ...

PA not receiving meeting related request of manager when she is also on the invite list
Hello all, I am currently helping out a personal assistant who in turn is a delegate on her manager's calendar. For reference, both PA and manager are on Outlook2007. Email system is Exchange 2k10 for several months. The PA receives his meeting requests just fine. That is until she is ALSO on the invite list of the meeting request, in which case she now only gets one meeting request request for herself and NOT a second meeting request for her manager. Apparently this was working a few weeks ago such that she would have got both meeting request. Example. Person A send i...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

Intrastat Info problem for line items
Hi I have configured the default intrastat information of Items and customers. I have also enabled the Intrastat tracking for the company. I can create the SOP transaction using items and customer combination. However, the intrastat information, even though its default correctly for line items in SOP, but I had click the EU (Intrastat Icon) to open Intrastat screen and OK it. Unless I do that every such line item, the transaction doesnt post while posting the batch. I am baffled a little as the intrastat info is default for line items, but I always need to open the Intrastat detail screen an...

Outlook 2003/CRM 3.0 Error
Hi, I've just finished installing our first test CRM 3.0 server. This is a clean Windows Server 2003 Sp1 build, with SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0. Set up went ok, no problems. I've created a DNS entry of crm.domain.com pointing to the IP of the server. And I can access the CRM pages using IE via http://crm.domain.com However after installing the CRM laptop client (haven't tried the desktop client yet) on my laptop, and restarting, I receiving the following error message when I open Outlook: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. the server migh...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

Label error "You must select a valid Row and Start Column" #2
Can anyone help me with the this problem ? I have 2 store and 3 label printers. Its is only ower one store that is giving me trouble. Is it a RMS 2.0 issues. ...