SharePoint Services. 04-06-10

Hi,

We are trying to do a migration of Sharepoint Services V2.0 from one server
to another.

Run smigrate to do a migration of the database and website, this appears to
work, it backups and compresses all the files into a .fwp format. When we do
a restore it becomes apparent that not everything has been backedup
correctly. large chunks of the website are missing and no users or
permissions have been transferred.

The command i am using to back is smigrate.exe –w http://server/site –f
C:\companywebbackup\companyweb.fwp -u user_name -pw password

To restore smigrate.exe -r -w http://server/site -f
C:\companywebbackup\*.fwp -u user_name -pw password

Everything on the backup shows it has worked and is running at around 8GB,
when I do a restore it shows errors and has data missing which clearly means
it has not backed up correctly. there has been chat about moving the SQL
Database instead of using smigrate.exe, is this viable.

If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate them as my company relys on this
Service and the existing server is falling apart so it has to be done

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your post.

I am not sure if you have checked the KB 829112, besides Stsadm.exe command-line , please try to use the Windows NTBackup to backup and restore companyweb :

How to back up and restore http://companyweb data in Windows Small Business Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829112

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Sharepoint
Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it does, are there any limitations? Thank you. Denis Yep, it works fine if you use a Mozilla browser (Firefox/Camino). Won't work well with Safari. -Rick denis wrote: > Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it > does, are there any limitations? > Thank you. > Denis ...

Workflow email 06-14-07
Hi, I created a workflow rule that should send an e-mail to a specific user every time a service activity is created. For some reason, even though the rule doesn't appear as paused on the workflow monitor, no e-mail is received. I tried to send to an external user (private email) and that worked. The exchange mail server is working correctly, and the environment diagnostics wizard is clear. This sort of rule is essential for us so i really have to figure this out. Any ideas of what to check? There are no errors in the event viewer for the crm server or the exchange server. Than...

Dynamics GP 10 Installation CDs
Hi There. Is there a place to download the Installation CDs online? And could someone provide a link please. We rcvd our copies in July 2007 and a first attempt to install them indicates they are full of errors. Thank you, Maria. On CustomerSource I've haven't see the ability to download the installation CDs. I recommend you contact your partner or provide Microsoft with your authorized number/account number to see if they will send you the installation CDs. rc "Maria" wrote: > Hi There. > > Is there a place to download the Installation CDs online? &...

Access2007 in Sharepoint
If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same version of access to use the mdb? On Dec 11, 1:24 pm, casper <cas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same > version of access to use the mdb? My impression is not really. or at least not if you don't want a frequently corruped database. Access can look at and access and link to sharepoint tables/views HOWEVER I have found it to be horribly slow. I have written a couple of apps that pulled info from sharepoint and the best w...

Can't send email 04-18-10
I set my school email up and I receive mail in all the folders, but when I tried to send an email, this message came up: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Powerpoint', Account: 'pod51000.outlook.com', Server: 'pod51000.outlook.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 What does this mean and how can I send emails? Outlook.com is a mail service operated by Microsoft for some large companies and institu...

Office beta 2011 installer wizard in 10.5.7 shows "Wrong OS version. This software needs Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later"

Change Field BackColours When A Tickbox Is True 03-29-10
Hi I am trying to figure out how to change certain fields when a tickbox is ticked to the value of True. My Tickbox is named WDAccessed. I have tried the following; Private Sub WDAccessed_Click() If Me![WDAccessed] = True Then Me![FullName.BackColour] = 255 Colour Red Me![WorkDueDate.BackColour] = 255 Colour Red Else Me![FullName.BackColour] = -2147483643 Normal BackColour Me![WorkDueDate.BackColour] = 2147483643 Normal BaclColour End If End Sub Any help would be great.....Cheers Me.ControlName.BackColor = ...

Outlook contacts distribution lists to sharepoint users
I need to get an outlook contact list / distribution list into sharepoint as a user group - can you provide steps on how to do this? thx I dont think its possible to use outlook contacts as a user group in sharepoint. The max you can do is sync calendars from outlook with sharepoint. Regards, Vaibhav Desai ...

Can't assign family member for invest. tx in Money 06 Canadian
The UI doesn't appear to allow me to assign a family member to investment transactions. On the Cash transactions view of an investment account, if I select a transaction where the activity is Dividend, I can see the family members field is blank, but when I try to edit the transaction, a message box asks me if I want to edit the transaction from the originating account (the investment account) and from that view I'm unable to set a family member. ...

I Merge my list and it prints the same one address 10 times?
I am trying to make mailing labels with 5163 and I merge the sddress list that I created and it contiues to show it as one of the addresses 10 times???? How do I get each address to sshow and print up? I don't need to send out ten things to one person I need to send ten things to ten diffrent people.....So annoyed. Help please Are you looking at print preview? Are you using 2003 or 02? All the labels being the same is a Publisher bug. If you are unsure print a test on plain paper. If you are using 2007, File, Print merge, select *Multiple pages per sheet.* -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP h...

Sharepoint
I am createing an application that may, one day, if all goes well be put on Sharepoint for multiple users in different locations to use. Do i just proceed as normal or are there certain steps i should take in the design in order to ensure success if we put it up on sharepoint? thanks. ...

Sharepoint and GP
At Convergence this year there was a session about GP and Sharepoint (it was GP12 -- How Microsoft Dynamics GP Helps Save You Money with Microsoft Office Sharepoint) and John Dooley gave a demo of some workflow that was between GP and Sharepoint. A customer was created in GP and it would automatically send a business alert to Sharepoint to create a folder for that customer. Was anyone else here sitting in or know about how he did that? I know how to do the alert, of course, and I have a rudimentary understanding of the workflow in WSS 3, but how do the two talk to each other so it makes the ...

97 to 2000 03-03-04
Hi there, I am currently building a database in Access 97. In four months, we will be converting to Access 2000. Are there any issues that I need to be aware of - will I lose any functionality when making the upgrade to 2000? Thank you so much, Salli It's impossible to say. It depends on the specifics of your application. However, I have upgraded hundreds of Access 97 applications (most of them being code intensive) without any problem. That's not to say it can't happen. The good news is that you don't actually convert a database. The conversion utility creates a N...

Printing Quotes 12-13-04
In MS CRM, to print quotes you merge your quote to a Word document template, using the Sales for Outlook client. With this template, I can dress up a quote to have a specific look and feel. I also see how, once you open a quote in CRM how you can perform a generic "print" of the quote, but nothing fancy. In fact, you can't, as I understand it, modify this report. What if I don't have a Sales for Outlook client and I want to print a quote -- dressed up? How is that being accomplished. If you do not use Sales for Outlook client it is only possible to create a n...

Windows 7, MS Project, or Sharepoint which to get first
We are planning on getting all 3 but were wondering what questions to ask as to which to get first to start development with. Project Server runs on sharepoint, so you if you are using project server you need sharepoint. Project can run on windows vista, etc. so Windows 7 would not be a requirement. Of course if you want to use project you need to get project too... Sharepoint requires some sort of operating system, so if you have none then you need to buy something - and windows server would be a good starting point. What are you planning to develop? -Jack "chaz...

Decimals 04-16-10
Hello, I am making a query for an output file. I have an amount on my input table and then i want to query it out to look a particular way. What i have build in the query looks like below: Amount: Right("000000000" & [Input File]![Award Payment],9) The award payment field is the amount. Only problem is that I need it to look like below: 000040.00 when it outputs. Currently i have it looking like : 000000040 For my original input table the field Award Payment is set to a currency field. Help Please -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com ...

sharepoint backup and restores on sbs 2998
I have the correct registry entries for SharePoint Services 3.0 backup according to the technet documentation; however, SharePoint does not appear as an application on the restore application wizard, only Exchange which is also in the registry. Any clues to how to get SharePoint restore to show up, and more importantly, to know if it is actually being backed up properly? Hi Larry, Backup Methods for WSS 3.0 in SBS 2008 http://blogs.technet.com/b/asksbs/archive/2008/10/01/backup-methods-for-wss-3-0-in-sbs-2008.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ===========================...

relationships 01-07-10
Hi All, I have 2 tables "Customers" where CustomersID is the key field and "Items" where itemsID is the key field with another field customerID (both key fields are autonumber). A one to many relationship exists between the 2 tables [Customers]CustomersID to [Items]CustomerID. This has worked well for several years, I am currently adapting this DB for other uses and have encountered a strange problem. When I enter data into the "items form" the customersID is entered into the ItemsID field of the "Items Table" all the other data is store...

sharepoint product version vs Sharepoint schema version?
I've new to Sharepoint, and I've been googling sharepoint product versions and schema versions, and I am confused... http://blogs.msdn.com/shaden/archive/2008/01/10/migrated-to-sp1-checking-your-database-schema-version.aspx based on the above page, it sounds like the sharepoint product version should be the same as the schema version, but even within that page the versions are not all the same: I see "12.0.0.4518", 12.0.4518.1016..., where even the 3rd positions are not the same. Then when I google other sites, they refer to version 3.0 of the schema and vers...

Does CRM user sharepoint?
We are running MSCRM 1.2 with Small Business Server 2003. Do you know if the CRM uses Sharepoint? We have a sharepoint service running on the box and we don't know why. Thanks. CRM 1.2 does not use sharepoint. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "outasight" wrote: > We are running MSCRM 1.2 with Small Business Server 2003. Do you know if the > CRM uses Sharepoint? We have a sharepoint service running on the box and we > don't know why. Thanks. > > The reason why Sharepoint is running is probably because it's set up to run...

Quota Message Service #2
Hey, i have a question regarding the QMS. I have followed the Henrik Walther article on this but still have a couple of questions that i am hoping someone can answer. do i edit the attachment (ie: the EXtext Warning attachment) and where does it go, i have it in the 1033 folder under my Quota mailbox's inbox. How does Exchange knwo how to use the email i have modified? Now for the one i really need help with, i get "RPC server unavailable" when i try to run the "start quota maintenance" under the Exchange System Manager. anyone know of what i need to do, give m...

sharepoint central administration page is opening so late ( 8 minu
servers configuration Application server 4 GB RAM 2.6 GHz processor and same with database server I have installed EPM 2007 server in two virtual machines . in which one is application server and other is database server . but after installation . whenever i try to open central administration page . it is opening so late atleast 8 minutes and then show error "Unexpected Error Occurs" and then when i refresh the page then it will open correct and working properly . the same behaviour is with Personal web access page. Kindly tell me what is the problem . why ...

Web Service Error
I'm trying to get a web service (with C#) to access a remote database, and provide a connection between the data (MS Access .mdb database) and a Windows client. At present I am running it all on localhost. However, I receive the error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The ConnectionString property has not been initialised. at Ststem.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() at ..... What could the problem be? I have two web methods called consecutively, as follows: [WebMethod] public void SupplyDatabase...

Outlook Web Access and Service Pack 2
Ok, I'm running into a problem that many have had before. I recently updated my Exchange Server 2003 with BOTH Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2. The problem is that we now are experiencing issues when trying to login to the Outlook Web Access and its now asking for the Domain in addition to the Username. Apparently, this was easily fixed after many complaints in Service Pack 1 with this Hotfix: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0fe89c95-e767-428c-8621-6a586c655ee3&DisplayLang=en Unfortunately, when I try to install that Hotfix, I get an error message stating...

GP10 and Sharepoint
Has anyone used GP10 and Sharepoint together without using Business Portal? We are looking at purchasing the HR module for GP and would like to create an employee self-service using Sharepoint. Do you think this is possible? It's definitely possible. BP offers functionality out of the box for employee self-service. But, you can build your own website using SharePoint. Out of curiosity, why are you trying to roll your own? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jeanenne" wrote: > Has anyone used GP10 and Sharepoint together without using Business Portal? > We are looking at pur...