SBS2008 Monitoring and Reporting SQL

I have an SBS2008 box is is consistently have high CPU usage and
memory usage from the SQLSERVR.exe *32 process.  It will grab 15
percent of the cpu for long periods of time and consitently run at
about 600,000-800,000k of memory.  The process is the SBS Monitoring
and Reporting Instance for SBS.

I have ran the SBS BPA against this server and the only warnings I now
get are the Update services not set to default, a PTR record problem,
IE Enhanced security disable and some user accounts that don't show in
SBS Console.

The server is configured as follows:

Dell PE2900 with 2 - E5430 Processors
8GB Ram
OS installed on Mirrored Set
All other data on separate Raid 5 Set

On our SBS 2008 box SBS Monitoring is only using about 60000k and i
never see it spike the cpu.  Its configured similarly except with 12GB
of ram.

Does the SBS 2003 trick of limiting the amount of memory for the sql
instance still apply in SBS08 and if so what is a good setting?

Thanks
Matthew Konkol
M/T Box Computers, Inc
0
MattK

I suggest doing this first.

http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/07/14/sbs-2008-console-may-take-too-long-to-display-alerts-and-security-statuses-display-not-available-or-crash.aspx

--
Chris Puckett

"MattK" <matt@mtboxcomputers.com> wrote in message
> I have an SBS2008 box is is consistently have high CPU usage and
> memory usage from the SQLSERVR.exe *32 process.  It will grab 15
> percent of the cpu for long periods of time and consitently run at
> about 600,000-800,000k of memory.  The process is the SBS Monitoring
> and Reporting Instance for SBS.
>
> I have ran the SBS BPA against this server and the only warnings I now
> get are the Update services not set to default, a PTR record problem,
> IE Enhanced security disable and some user accounts that don't show in
> SBS Console.
>
> The server is configured as follows:
>
> Dell PE2900 with 2 - E5430 Processors
> 8GB Ram
> OS installed on Mirrored Set
> All other data on separate Raid 5 Set
>

> On our SBS 2008 box SBS Monitoring is only using about 60000k and i
> never see it spike the cpu.  Its configured similarly except with 12GB
> of ram.
>
> Does the SBS 2003 trick of limiting the amount of memory for the sql
> instance still apply in SBS08 and if so what is a good setting?
>
> Thanks
> Matthew Konkol
> M/T Box Computers, Inc

0
Chris

T-SQL Merge command
We are currently using SQL Server 2008 and I would like to merge data from 1 table in one Database to another table in a different Database. We have two Databases on one server (Server99). NSW and ShowReg. The table in both databases are exactly the same. The only difference of course is the data. While in SSMS I conntected to Server99 and clicked on the NSW Database. I then opened a new query session and ran the below statement. MERGE NSW.dbo.DealersShows t USING [Server99].ShowReg.dbo.DealersShows s -- JOIN on all GUIDs as they should not change ON s.DealerShowID = ...

Report Page Header and detail fields link to adjust automatically in Access 2007
Report Page Header and detail fields link to adjust automatically in Access 2007. I DO NOT WANT my title to adjust with my details field. I want the title one size and the detail a totally different size. How do I sever the link between the two when I adjust one. For example I choose the detail textbox field and start expanding it, the title field above will expand with it. They are linked somehow and I want to remove it. I know how to seperate in Access 2003, but this won't work in 2007. I created the report using the wizard, and I know they are not grouped together because ...

SBS2008 Internet address IP instead of domain name?
SBS2008St. We have a small office of 7 people and our web site is hosted by a public service provider and we would like to leave it there. Therefore we wouldn't like to register any new domain. Or does it makes any sense to use a public server hosted domain name as a Internet address in SBS configuration?. Until now we have used for server remote access just an IP number, could we use here the same IP instead of domain name? And to enable e-mail and remote web just to keep using IP onstead doamin name? It seems to be also more secure then company.com.... Some more info...

SQL Express 5 and XP Pro
I am going to develop a new access system using the following configuration: Clients (up to 15) : XP Pro/Home Server: XP Pro running SQL Server Express 5 I know that SQL Server Express 5 has no limitation as to number of users who can connect to it. However am I restricted by the 10 connections to XP Pro. I thought the 10 connections only related to 'shares' being mapped from the clients or does it apply to the SQL Express engine as well ? On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 23:48:01 -0800, simcon <simcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm not a legal expert, but it likely means ...

Reinstalling SBS2008
Hi All I got a real problem here, about a month ago I install SBS 2008 on a brand new computer system. Everything worked fine for about a month then I started getting problems, it was either the process of registering a domain name or an update through everything off. Problems occured and while resolving those problems, things got worse. I made an attempt to repair the problems by uploading the best practice analyser, ran the test, and did the repairs. well now the system just crashes. not fun. I spent about two weeks trying to fix it and now Im getting fustrated.The question I...

Reports non-functional
I am currently running CRM 3.0. I have two servers, one running SQL 2000 SP4 and one running CRM. On the local CRM server, I am able to access the CRM web Client and select reports to open the reports viewer. When I select to run a report, it prompts me for log on. Once I log on it gives me access to run reports. When accessing with the web client from a workstation on the internet and access run reports, it gives me this page cannot be displayed. During this process, I noticed that it was attempting to connect to http://SQL/reportserver. What am i missing? I verified kb on separate s...

Easy report? How to report on a record, skip, report, etc.
I have a totals query that looks like this: SegmentID LandCost ImpvCost Damages Relo Incidental Demolition 001 $ amt $amt $amt $amt $amt 002 $ amt $amt $amt $amt $amt 003 $ amt $amt $amt $amt $amt 004 $ amt $amt $amt $amt $amt 005 $ amt $amt $amt $amt $amt 006 $ amt $amt $amt $amt $amt 007 $ amt $amt $amt $amt $amt 008 $ amt $amt $amt $amt $amt 009...

Spending Monitor with Debt Reduction Plan
All, Is there a proper way to report (what I think is) a bug in Money Deluxe 07? I have a credit card that I track monthly spending on. As long as I don't put it in my debt reduction plan, it and my checking account both show up in the spending monitors (those bargraph things on the home page.) But as soon as I put the credit card into the debt plan (so I know the balance I have to payoff each month), the credit card transactions no longer show up in the bargraphs. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a work around? Or should I submit some sort of bug report to Microsoft? Thanks...

Problem for generating Trial balance report (GP10 sp3- upgrded frm
When I am printing a Trial Balance report (Report > Financial>Trial Balance), getting an error “[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drover] [SQL Server] An explicit value for the identity column in table '##0185624' can only be specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON.” Please help me to solve this prob. Stop and start your SQL Server service, then attempt to run the report again. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogs...

Report Generator Recommendations
Hello, I have a VB6 DB Application which I distribute to customers that do not have Access on their machines. They are asking me for the ability to print reports of the data that our software shows them on the screen in various datagrids What would the group recommend? I need to be able to redistribute the reporting capability with my VB application and it must be able to run without the user having MS Access on their machine, and I would like an easy to use interface for my creating the reports. Crystal? or something else?? Thanks for your recommendations/tips/advice AK ...

ndislwf (NDIS 6.0 Sample Filter Driver) to monitor native wifi adapter
I have built sample Filter Driver (ndislwf) from WDK and trying to install it with INF settings HKR, Ndi,FilterClass,, Custom HKR, Ndi,FilterType,0x00010001,0x00000002 HKR, Ndi\Interfaces,UpperRange,,"noupper" HKR, Ndi\Interfaces,LowerRange,,"nolower" HKR, Ndi\Interfaces, FilterMediaTypes,,"wlan" HKR, Ndi,FilterRunType, 0x00010001, 1 ; In above INF settings FilterClass is specified as "custom", bcoz it'll have the lowest position in the stack. I've also modified FilterAttach to accept bindings with only native-WiFi adapters. With above set...

Picture Report
Hi On my reports form I have a command button that when you click it, it loads a reportform on the criteria in my combo boxed. I have pasted the code below. My problem is that it loads the report but for all the records and not just the ones matching the criteria. What am i missing, I am only learning VB so will need a clear answer. Private Sub Command15_Click() Dim strReport As String 'Name of report to open. Dim strField As String 'Name of your date field. Dim strWhere As String 'Where condition for OpenReport. strReport = "Items&quo...

Custom report sample error when upload
I was trying to recreate the sample Account Activities Report from one of the CRM training guides. It works correctly in SQL Server BI, the preview works, etc. But when I go to upload the report to CRM, I get the following unhandled error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? -Melissa Hi Are you running your MSCRM Application Pool as Netowrk Service or a domain account? Goto Reports Manager and check that either the Domain Account or NT...

How convert an Access 2003 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express Database?
Hello, I could not find any information on the upsizing/upgrading MS Access 2003 database files to new SQL Server 2005 Express type. I am a novice in this topic, therefore I need step by step instructions. I am using XP (SP2), Office 2003, I also installed SSMSEE. Can somebody produce instructions either from Access end or form SQL 2005 Express end, on how to do the conversion please? Thank you ...

Is it possible to monitor the serial port?
I want to monitor the data send and receive in the comm port, is it possible to do this? Thank you very much! Due to the nature of how most serial applications take over the com port, you'd probably need to write a replacement serial driver to accomplish this. -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ "ZhangZQ" <zhangzq71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23u9vdPEoDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to monitor the data send and receive in the comm port, is it possible > to do this? > > > Thank you very much! > > http:...

Problem with SBS2008/Email
I am having a problem with a new SBS2008 server that I can't figure out. It revolves around internal email that I can see (1 user on same server sending to another user on the same). It is also not happening with all of the 12 clients on the SBS2008, only a few of them where emails are getting rejected. I looked up their information in the SBS2008 and all looks good to me. Here is a sample of the reject. cma.local is the local domain and "Melonie" is trying send to "Joann". I looked up Joann's info in SBS2008 AD and Exchange 2007 and she as ema...

Print Server reporting
hi All, i have two print servers, one is a windows 2000 server and one is windows server 2003. I've been requested to compile a list of printers and associated IP's. Does anyone know a simple way to retrieve this information other than to manually select each printer look at the info and type it into a spreadsheet? I've looked into the print server management pack but it appears to require mom2005 and i'm not even sure if it will report names and IP's. thanks in advance, Print Management Console in Vista and greater. It's also part of Server 2003...

Report only shows one of several 'same' names
I have a table in which there are several entries which have the same name, but different addresses. I constructed a simple report to List these alphabetically, by the Name (Sort A-Z in the Wizard) However, the report only shows the first name that is 'identical' and misses out all the others of that same name. I looked at Sorting and it is only, as mentioned above, on A-Z, tried all the grouping options to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Neil On 22 Apr, 15:34, "nei...@btinternet.com" <neil.grant...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I have a ta...

SBS2008
Just installed my first SBS2008. Pretty cool so far. Question: Is there any additional configuration on the Server to receive email other than adding the Domain to Accepted Domains? I need to support 3 mail domains on this server, all 3 have A Records for mail.domain.com that point to the SBS2008 server IP. Also, I notice that when I create a user, only the default domain is added to the users email addresses, as opposed to SBS2003 which added all the domains. Is this by design, or have I not added domains correctly. Hosting Multiple Domains on SBS 2008/Exchange 2007 htt...

Recover deleted report
Hi, I deleted the standard 'Quote' report that came with CRM. Our backup writes over itself each night so it is not on a backup tape. Is there anyway to retrieve that report from the install without reinstalling everything? If so, can you give specifics as the network person does not know how to do it and neither do I. We're new to CRM and would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks so much You may have a copy in the following folder on the CRM application server: [Drive where CRM was Installed]:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Reports\MSCRM -- MD "J2girl&qu...

Using dual monitors.
I am using 2 monitors for all other apps. I have. When I open 2 Excel sheets, it wont let me move 1 of them to the other monitor. Using XP and Excel 2002. Not sure what I may be missing. Thanks for all your help. Bryan Bryan, This may be a version issue. I can put the Excel 2002 window across both monitors, though I must do this manually -- it maximizes to one monitor or the other. A worksheet window will maximize across the entire Excel window, wherever it is, or can be manually put in one monitor or the other. A colleage with Excel97 can't get the worksheet window across both m...

i need help modifying the X Report.xml
i've made the following changes to the shift totals section of the Z-report: <FOR each = "ReportTender"> <IF> <CONDITION> Report.Tender.TenderType = 1</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW> Report.Tender.Description "|" Report.Tender.ShiftTotal "|(Bank Deposit)" </ROW> </THEN> <ELSE> <ROW> Report.Tender.Description "|" Report.Tender.ShiftTotal "|" </ROW> </ELSE> </IF> </FOR> What I'm trying to do is tell it to place the text 'Bank Deposit' next to tenders ...

Printing a Legible Report
I use MS Money 2007. I have made a report, showing the date, Payee, account, memo line and amount of various transactions. When I print, the date , payee and account columns are on one page, and the memo and amount are on a completely separate page by themselves. There is plenty of room for them to fit, even on a portrait-orientation printing. (I can tell by holding my page up to the screen that it could easily fit). I've tried checking the "scale to fit" option, and it changes nothing. Any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks. ddc DeeDeeCee wrote: > I us...

Bandwidth Monitoring
Hi, I am working as a System Administrator. 35 employees are working in our office . Our intrnrt Bill is increasing month by month . Our director wants to track internet usage on per user basis . Is there any way to monitor the bandwidth usage on per user basis so that we can see the total internet usage of each user . We are using Win2k exchange server . Please help me I've listed some of the popular statistics programs here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_messag.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: ...