I have been away for a week and come back to our server backups failing.
Below is a copy of the log for last nights backup. Anyone got any ideas way
it would start to fail when nothing has changed?

6/09/2010 11:00 PM
-------------------------------
Date: 6/09/2010
Time: 11:00 PM
User: SYSTEM
-------------------------------

Backup Runner started.
Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows
Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "SBS Backup
created on 6/09/2010 at 11:00 PM" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:off /m normal /j
"Small Business Server Backup Job" /l:s /f "E:\Backup Files\Small Business
Server Backup (04).bkf" /UM
NTBACKUP LOG FILE: C:\Documents and Settings\SBS Backup User\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\backup02.log
=====================<BEGIN NTBACKUP LOG FILE>=====================
Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: File
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (04).bkf created 6/09/2010 at
11:00 PM"

Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1.
Backup (via shadow copy) of "C: "
Backup set #1 on media #1
Backup description: "SBS Backup created on 6/09/2010 at 11:00 PM"
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (04).bkf created 6/09/2010 at
11:00 PM"

Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 6/09/2010 at 11:04 PM.
WARNING: Portions of "\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP" cannot be read.  The backed up
data is corrupt or incomplete.
This file will not restore correctly.
Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\mib.bin" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\ModemLog_U.S. Robotics 56K FAX EXT.txt"
- skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\msdfmap.ini" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\msmqinst.log" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\msxml4-KB936181-enu.LOG" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\msxml4-KB954430-enu.LOG" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\msxml4-KB973688-enu.LOG" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\msxml6-KB933579-enu-x86.LOG" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\msxml6-KB954459-enu-x86.LOG" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\msxml6-KB973686-enu-x86.LOG" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\netfxocm.log" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Warning: Unable to open "C:\WINDOWS\NLSDownlevelMapping.log" - skipped.
Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

Could not access portions of directory C:\WINDOWS.
You may not have permission to open the file, or the directory may be
missing or damaged.
Please contact the owner or administrator.

Backup completed on 7/09/2010 at 1:15 AM.
Directories: 5309
Files: 157597
Corrupt: 1
Time:  2 hours,  11 minutes, and  33 seconds
Backup of "MSERVER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group"
Backup set #2 on media #1
Backup description: "SBS Backup created on 6/09/2010 at 11:00 PM"
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (04).bkf created 6/09/2010 at
11:00 PM"

Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 7/09/2010 at 1:15 AM.
Backup completed on 7/09/2010 at 2:12 AM.
Directories: 4
Files: 5
Time:  56 minutes and  54 seconds
Backup (via shadow copy) of "System State"
Backup set #3 on media #1
Backup description: "SBS Backup created on 6/09/2010 at 11:00 PM"
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (04).bkf created 6/09/2010 at
11:00 PM"

Backup Type: Copy

Backup started on 7/09/2010 at 2:12 AM.

Error: Could not access portions of directory System State\COM+ Class
Registration Database.
You may not have permission to open the file, or the directory may be
missing or damaged.
Please contact the owner or administrator.

Error: Could not access portions of directory System State\Registry.
You may not have permission to open the file, or the directory may be
missing or damaged.
Please contact the owner or administrator.

Backup completed on 7/09/2010 at 2:12 AM.
Directories: 77
Files: 37
Time:  8 seconds

----------------------

=======================<END NTBACKUP LOG FILE>=====================
NTBackup finished the backup with errors.

For more information about failed backups, see the article on
troubleshooting your backup at the following Web page:

Backup ended at Tuesday, 7 September 2010 2:13 AM
Backup Runner finished.

Obiwan7479 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been away for a week and come back to our server backups
> failing.  Below is a copy of the log for last nights backup. Anyone
> got any ideas way it would start to fail when nothing has changed?

Of course something has changed.

It looks like you have some sort of problem with the C: drive (lots of
"no such file" errors, and read failures for files it can find).

I'd start by looking at the event logs - there's bound to be some
evidence of issues with C: - and by running chkdsk.

--
Steve Foster
For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:

Restoring Money file from a backup copy
I'm trying to transfer my Money file from one computer to another. I follwoed the instructions on the help menu. I can get the file to come up & save a backup copy to a CD, but when I try to open the file again that was saveed on the hard drive it goes to the set up mode again & does not let me open the file. I have to select restore from backup again & it restores the info & the process repeats. Since I bought the copmuter from Dell, Microsoft tells me to contact Dell & Dell tells me they do not give tech support on products. Please Help!!!!!!!! arnoldtas...

can excel auto backup
I want my spreadsheets to automatically back up every few minutes. Is this possible? If so how do I do it. Thank you. Hi, Tools>Options>Save - this will give you an option to save every xx minutes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "laldybug" <laldybug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034F0BF4-0C4D-46F1-8230-B673657ED890@microsoft.com... >I want my spreadsheets to automatically back up every few minutes. Is this > possible? If so how do I do it. > Thank you. www.ayyoo.com/loans.html Thanks a lot Sunil. One more quick question - what ...

PST Backup applet
I just replaced my old PC - Windows 2000 - Office 200 w/Outlook 2002 - I used the PST backup applet to save my PST file to a data disk. I imported it into Outlook 2003 (SP1) on my new PC - XP Pro SR1 - that went just fine, but when I downloaded the backup applet ind installed it, backup does not appear in the "file" drop down. Is there something I am missing? I tried installing it twice. Thanks, Dan The add-in may not be registered correctly. So, try registering the dll with the following steps. 1. Exit Outlook. 2. On the Start menu click Run 3. In the Open box type...

Backup Regarding
Sir, Server act as Domain controller and as well as exchange server. now i am taking exchange server backup fully by excluding MDADATA folder. I have one doubt since we are not taking MDBDATA folder backup, is it possible to recover the exchange server fully till last time backup. Regards Sathish Kumar Nair "sathish kumar nair" <sathishkumarnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F8B58BB-41C2-48C9-AE85-E95F5DE30ADE@microsoft.com... > Sir, > > Server act as Domain controller and as well as exchange server. now i am > taking exchange server bac...

Move Calendar from SBS2003 to SBS2008
I need to move a sharepoint calendar from one server to another. I followed this document http://www.dlocc.com/articles/how-to-move-sharepoint-calendars-fast/ that explains how to create a backup and restore. The backup seemed to work just fine and I could even restore the file on the new sharepoint but when I look under the tracking section the new calendar is not there. It shows up under the list templates in the gallery but it is not available from the tracking section. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! ...

System State Backup fails, remote shared not found
get a failure now everytime I do a recovery point on the system state of an Exchange 2010 using DPM 2010 RC. The Mailbox and Public Folder Database recovery points are fine, but the system state and bare metal recovery both fail now. Windows backup on the Exchange 2010 states that the remote share can't be found, but looking at DPM, it is there. I also looked under disk management, and the volume is there with no errors reporting on it. All other servers (DC's, SQL, File Servers) are all backing up fine. Any ideas? Thanks.... Interestingly, the security for the fo...

Exchange 2003 Backup and Restore
Hi. Im having a Win2003 server with Exchange2003. I back up the Information store DAILY. I use the "keep deleted items for 30days" So in case a user deletes some mail I can restore it asap. Then to my question, "Do I need to use the Mailbox Recovery Center"? In what situations do u need the Mailbox Recovery Center. I have never seen a mailbox go corrupt yet. If the user deletes mail I use the "keep deleted items for 30days" and if the server crashes I will recover the whole database using the last nights full Information store backup. Let me hear what U do ...

Attributes failed to serialise correctly
Hi Here's the scenario... I have a web method to which a pass a customer ID. The web method looks up the customer and returns an XmlNode which I deserialise into a type. I then update information in the type and then serialise it back into an XmlDocument ready for submission to another web method. The problem is that during serialisation, some, but not all attributes are not being created in the document. I've checked the originating document, the attributes appear as they should. I've checked the type instance following deserialisation and the values are populated cor...

SBS2003 and office 2010
Hello, I have a SBS2003 Sp2 and a client PC with Windows 7 pro and office 2010 pro. in outlook 2010 everthing works fine the only thing that doesn't work is my personal agenda with exchange (email works). when I add a appointment with outlook 2010 I dont see it on my mobile and not in OWA. When I add a appointment in OWA I get a reminder from the appointment in outlook 2010 but I don't see it in Outlook 2010. What is the problem here, or is there a update fix for this ?? regards marc Is this the Beta of Office 2010? And What Exchange are you running? Russ -- R...

Server backup
Hi, I have a question how to organize backup server for Greate Plains or Greate Plains Basic. I have 2 servers. There is GPB on server1. How to copy and synchronize data that I can easily switch from one server to another, if for example something happened with server1. I have 2 DNS connections on each workstation: GPB (on server1) and GPB Backup (on server2) I've tried to create replication (standard SQL Server feature) from server1 to server2, but have several problems: when something failed on server1 on trigger procedures, I can't recreate it, because replication has created additi...

Operation Failed. Object Cannot Be Found.
Running Outlook 2007 with all the current updates. When I try to do a manual send/receive, the message at the bottom of the screen says "Send/Receive Failed. Task 'jan@greenwaldlaw.org(1)' reported error [0x8004010). The operation failed. The object cannot be found." My email goes through GoDaddy's hosted exchange server. GoDaddy says it's an Outlook issue and they don't support Outlook. I am trying to figure out what it all means, but all I get is a run-around....links to knowledge base articles about Outlook 2000...and other suggestions that are ...

Unable to open backup
I had to "recover" my computer. After saving my Money2002.bak backup, I have found that my computer has installed on it Mocrosoft Money 2001, and I am unable to open my backup data from Microsoft Money 2002. Any solutions?? Will I need to purchase Money 2002 (and if so, where is it still available?) Thanks You'll have to purchase Money 2002 or later. The version on store shelves is 2004. You can maybe get 2002 on ebay, etc. "FRANK" <jab1hhi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:544201c37699$c83339a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I had to "recover" my com...

old backup
I use outlook 2003. I was looking for some old mails that should be hiding somewhere in an old .pst bakup. (Format presumably 97 or 2000). I hear that importing that format into my present Outlook should give trouble, is that correct? If so, is there a way to look at these old pst files and mails other than finding a computer with an old version of Outlook? jim jim3975 <3975jim@planet.nl> wrote: > I use outlook 2003. I was looking for some old mails that should be > hiding somewhere in an old .pst bakup. (Format presumably 97 or > 2000). I hear that importing that format int...

HELP!! RESTORE BACKUP FILES!??
Hello everyone, Here is the situation, one of my clients is using MS MONEY 2001 to keep track of his financial dealings. He was having problems with his dell computer last week so he used the RESTORE CD to format and re-install all the original applications. BEFORE he did this though, he BACKED UP his MS MONEY 2001 files onto 3 floppy disks because it was such a large backup. Therefore he has the following 3 files on floppy disks: 1. my money d1.mbf 2. my money d2.mbf 3. my money d3.mbf I re-installed MS MONEY 2001 on the newly formatted computer and then tried to restore his ...

SBS2003
Hello, I want to setup a CRM pilot for my organization. We have an extra SBS 2003 Premium license that I can use. We already have a domain controller setup on another server. Can I just install SBS 2003, CRM SB, and SQL on the test server and use the current AD domain that is on the other server? Thanks, Kevin SBS by design is a single domain environment. Your best bet is to create a second totally independant environment for testing and demonstration. If you make customizations you can export them to file and then import them into the production environment once it is setup ...

Backup #14
Server A: Win2003 AD controller Backup server with an LTO tape drive and 3rd party backup software (Backup Exec) Server B: Win2003 member server - Exchange 2003 server with no tape drive or 3rd party backup software We have BE QuickStart Edition that comes with the purchase of an LTO tape drive. QuickStart edition won't allow me to backup remote machines nor Exchange server. I'm thinking of doing the following: Backup Exchange 2003 machine using its own W2k3 backup utility. Back it up to a file, store it in Server A. Then do a file level backup on Server A using BE. The current Exc...

Register crmisapi.dll failed
Hi, I'm having a few problems with CRM email. I have installed the router on our Exchange 2000 server which is also running OWA on port 85. I have created a new website for CRM using port 80. I type in the address to the srf file on the exchange server in Internet explorer on the CRM server and get page not displayed. I have followed the steps defined in http://groups.google.com/groups?q=exchange+email+router&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=O3puCy2vDHA.2372%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl&rnum=1 but step 9 suggests I should reregister the CRMISAPI.DLL which fails with the messa...

Download of OAB from Exchange 2003 to Outlook 2003 cached mode fails
I have recently migrated some mailboxes from a MS Exchange 5.5 server to an Exchange 2003 server using Outlook 2003 (on W2K SP4)in Cached Exchange Mode. All of the client PC's seem to be correct apart from a two. These Outlook 2003 clients don't seem to be able to download the OAB(Offline Address Book). Whenever I select "Download Address Book" from the SEND|RECEIVE dropdown on the toolbar at the top of Outlook 2003 I get the error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' I thoug...

Exch2003 SP1
Should this SP1 be installed on SBS2003 or is it already installed? On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:48:04 GMT, J B wrote: > Should this SP1 be installed on SBS2003 or is it already installed? It's not already installed and the decision is yours, just be aware there are a few issues when applying the Exchange 2003 SP1 on SBS 2003: More on Exchange SP1 and SBS 2003: http://blogs.msdn.com/canthe/archive/2004/06/09/152279.aspx Smallbizserver.Net > SBS 2003 > Service packs & patches > Exchange 2003: http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=141 EXCHANGE 2k3 SP1: http://...

restore failed
i'm trying to restore exchange 2000 database from tape and it keep failed. i would get thes errors. i did check the box that database can be overwrite by restore and public and private store. Event id 801 The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Restore environment information corrupted ' from a call to 'HrESERestoreReopen()' additional data 'EXDC55NY1US01' Eventid 800 End Restore to 'EXDC55NY1US01\Microsoft Information Store\NY1 Storage Group - 01' Verify: Off Event ID 801 The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Database n...

Outlook backup #7
I installed outlook backup for use with outlook 2003. At first it did the back up ok but now it won't. I select my personal and archive folders to back up and click save back up but then nothing happens. Any thoughts or suggestions for a better complete outlook backup solution? Thanks Chris <wirlybird@webzone.net> wrote: > I installed outlook backup for use with outlook 2003. At first it > did the back up ok but now it won't. I select my personal and > archive folders to back up and click save back up but then nothing > happens. Nothing will happen until you...

SBS2003 Exchange issue
When trying to connect to the mailboxes from Outlook 2003, I am getting strange errors such as "unable to conenct with exchange server". I went and checked on the properties of the new users and when I go to the "Properties" then the "Exchange Advanced" tab, then the "Mailbox Rights" I get: "The operation could not be completed because the store is not mounted" ID no: c1041732 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension ----and----- When I try and connect to the OWA I get this: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable The weird thing is that ...

Outlook Lead Import Fails
When I attempt to import leads using outlook I get a blank window. This is after I click import from the CRM menu. Fyi, import works in the Web CRM interface. Any suggestions. ...

Backup doesn't back up
I just installed the Outlook backup module. I select the files I want to back up, click on "save backup". A message comes on saying that I have to exit the program and the backup will happen automatically. But nothing happens. What's wrong? The backup add in only backs up the complete data file (Personal Folders) every xx days, that you have set. The tool will only run when you exit Outlook, if it doesn't run, according to its xx days settings, either the outlook process is still running, or it will produce an err msg "shawmcc" <shawmcc@discussi...

Database Backup Error
I was trying to do a backup of the database, but I got the following message after naming the backup file and selecting an external device as the backup location. Cannot open backup device C:\Documents and Settings\backroom\Desktop\b.bck. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details. BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. Is it possible that the this could be caused by the USB in the PC not being a USB 2.0? HI Tom, The first reason is that the MSSQLSERVER service is running under a separate set of NT credentials - all services are related to an NT ...