SBS 2008 SP1 CMAK 64bit?

Hi,

I have SBS 2008 Standard SP1, 64bit.  It creates 32bit CMAK profiles.

Why is it creating 32bit instead of 64bit, and how do I create a 64bit
profile?  I read something about needing SBS 2008 R2 to do this, is this
correct?

Thanks.

Keith.

0
Keith

Keith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have SBS 2008 Standard SP1, 64bit.  It creates 32bit CMAK profiles.
>
> Why is it creating 32bit instead of 64bit, and how do I create a 64bit
> profile?  I read something about needing SBS 2008 R2 to do this, is this
> correct?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Keith.

There isn't a SBS 2008 R2.  Don't know what you read but there's not
that version out.

Just manually set up a vpn connector on any 64 bit workstation.
0
Susan

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

Upgrading to MBS Dynamics V9 SP1 issues for developers
So we're trying to get all set up with SP1, and having some issues. The actual Dynamics SP1 installation seems to go ok, and we can get into Dynamics the regular way. But when we try getting into it with test mode, we get a "A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue." The problems with this error message are: 1) The log file doesn't exist. 2) The dictionary we&#...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Outlook 2003 SP1 upgrade
I have just upgraded Office 2003 to SP1 as well as installing the new junk mail update and my Outlook 2003 rules no loner work when Outlook is open - If I close it and reopen it all the rules then work but any subsequent e-mails that come in while outlook is running do not work. Any ideas as to why this should suddenly start happening? I have even re-created all my rules but to no avail - Before the installation of these updates everything worked fine. Any help would be gratefully received - Regards, Michael Hewson MCP ...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

new version for 2008-2009
I have Money 2006 and am perfectly happy with it but the stock updates will stop in September of 2008. I guess I have to upgrade. will there be a new version this summer? Only time will tell. I'm wondering if Money Plus wasn't called Money 2008 so they could break the annual cycle and not have the box label spoil the effect. "Don" <don@mytrashmail.com> wrote in message news:B7Sdndbr1ugVurrVnZ2dnUVZ_tXinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have Money 2006 and am perfectly happy with it but the stock updates will >stop in September of 2008. I guess I have to upgrade. will ...

I am unable to launch microsoft for mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Everytime I click on one of my icons to open this microsoft office setup assistant pop's up. Unlike the other users with this question i have tried following there instructions and register but the page wont load. I am a student and i depend on excel for school assignments and have been really annoyed with not being able to get this open. PLEASE help me. On 4/21/09 5:42 PM, "rachel_13@officeformac.com" <rachel_13@officeformac.com> wrote: > Everytime I click on one of my icons to open this micros...

Migrating AD Back to SBS
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone. Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch. Thanks, Chris There is an official MS document for adding SBS 2003 to a Server 2003 domain, but...

Change from SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 R2
Does anyone know if the license from Windows SBS 2003 works on R2 Edition? Here's my situation: I have an old server running Win SBS 2003. This is a new client and i just found the installation to be all screwed up (they are not even using Exchange, the domain is not .local, I cant find the SBS management panel, etc ) and barring any magic solution that allows me to improve on the current install, what i really want is to start from scratch, probably on different hardware (new server). So I whas thinking to my buttons: During reinstallation, can I now use the latest ver...

vc MFC 2008 DocView MFCTableCtrl
in vc 2008 environment i create a project which is muti-docview,when i open some file,the file show in the client area ,and also there some table name on the client header,I can get the MFCTableCtrl by GetMdiTab() ,but all i want is that i want to replace the tabctrl with my own defined tabCtrl. how can i do this.thanks very much. forgive for my poor english ... ...

SBS 2003 VPN Frustration!
Hi all, I hope someone here can help. I saw a similar post that someone here was able to solve so I'm pinning my hopes on that. Let me try and provide as much information as possible. SIMPLIFIED I'm trying to setup the software VPN on the SBS so that remote users can be connected in to the server (so they can use local Outlook Exchange, can access the shared data folders on the main office server, etc). Testing this setup on our own system, I can connect into the server using VPN but cannot access anything on the network. DETAILED 1. I ran the "Configure...

Migrating SBS 2003 to SBS 2008
I really appreciate your inputs regarding my dilemma and made me think to change course with this migration and obtain private IP's for our network instead of the public ones. I will need now to figure out where and how to start changing our IP's! and what is involved. Hope after changing to private IP's, the migration will run without any glitches. I'm keeping me fingers and toes crossed. If you have any suggestion or links on how or where to start to enable me changing IP's from public to private; then PLEASE let me know. Thank you for everything guys...

NT4 SBS to 2003 SBS
There's an old NT4 SBS server in place with Exchange 5.5, 10 users. A new 2003 SBS server has arrived. What's the best way to move everything to the new and shut down the old? I tried to make a trust relationship, but you can't do that with SBS 2003!. Should I use Outlook to log on as a user, copy all data to a .pst from the old Exchange 5.5, then make new users and mailboxes on the new server and copy from the .pst to the new 2003 mailbox? Only 10 users, 700MB in total. Thanks Neal. ...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008
MBS has said GP 10 is supported on SQL Server 2008. However there is no information on support for GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Does anyone have any real-world experience running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 in a production environment? Thanks, John Dynamics GP 9.0 is not supported on Microsoft SQL Server 2008. This is an excerpt from the System Requirements page. Database Requirements: MSDE 2000 SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Workgroup Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (64-bit) SP 4 Microsoft SQL Serve...

SBS 2008 + terminal services.
Hi there, A customer of mine is asking for file-server & Exchange services that would be well served by SBS 2008. They currently use VNC quite regularly (to work from home, foreign work- related trips), and the impression I get is that an SBS domain would pretty much involve switching to Remote Web Workplace. I'm not sure if this is essential, but it seems like it would make more sense to have remote desktopping managed by the domain controller, rather than on an ad-hoc basis. I understand why the version of Terminal Services to accommodate end-users isn't ava...

Connecting to MS SQL Server 2008 Express
I am using a demo for RMS 2.0 and installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express. Using the Store Operations Administrator Configuration screen I am getting the following listed below when trying to connect. Any clues as to my problem would be greatly appreciated... Error #-2147217843 Login failed for user 'Mike' (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Providor for SQL Server) (SQL State: 42000) (NativeError: 18456) No Help file avaialbe You are tring to log into an SQL server with the SQL Authentication and the username Mike. This error would indicate the user Mike does not exist, does n...

2008 Server Remote Apps
Is anyone using 2008 Server RemoteApps for Great Plains yet? I'm looking for some tips and tricks on getting GP10 working as a remote app on 2008 Server. I have GP loaded and have been testing it out with various users. What is the best way to give each RemoteApp user their own dex.ini? or Is there a way to blank out the "Last User" in the login screen? Also, when you export a smartlist to Excel, it spins up the Excel loaded on the server. Is there a way to re-direct that to the local Excel or at least have the save destination set to the users local drive instead of the ...

SQL 2008 and SRS
I am using SQL 2005 with CRM 4.0 on one box and have to move CRM and SQL to seperate boxes. The SQL box will have SQL 2008 Standard. The consultant who will be doing the SQL work reminded me to install SRS. Is SRS included with SQL 2008 Standard? Thanks, John SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is part of 2008 Standard Edition. RLF "John" <bsmith@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23DpI1bfcKHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am using SQL 2005 with CRM 4.0 on one box and have to move CRM and SQL to >seperate boxes. The SQL box will have SQL 2...

Remove SBS
(Im reposting this since I got no response in the setup-config group, im hoping for better luck in this group) I have a client with SBS 2003 but isn’t utilizing any SBS functions (don’t ask me why they have SBS… it wasn’t me). Now they have an app that (based on the vender) cant run on an SBS server. How do go about doing this? I don’t care about ripping out SBS but I need to preserve AD. What would happen if I… 1)Uninstall SBS? a)Would it remove AD (as the sbs is the only domain) or is AD not a SBS role? b)Would it become a regular Windows 2003 std server machine? 2)Do an...

SBS 2003 to Standard 2008 transition?
I've got a client wanting to 'breakout' from SBS 2003, but then want to go to 2008 Standard, not 2003 Standard. You used to be able to transition from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003 to get a good discount on migrating your CALs etc. Is it possible to go straight to Standard 2008, to migrate their CALs and get the transition discount? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0070_01CB500E.98E99440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If you try hard..you may still find the transition...

Migrating from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008
Hi Guys, Is a migration from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 possible? and should I even attempt this? If so, does any one have a basic migration guide and any things to aviod? Thanks for any help. JohnG wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Is a migration from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 possible? and should I even > attempt this? > > If so, does any one have a basic migration guide and any things to aviod? > > Thanks for any help. > > > http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Migration/default.aspx http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Migrati...

Server 2008 start program on connection
Server 2008 R2 64 bit. I want to open Outlook automatically when RDP clients connect. I have checked "Allow any program to run on clients startup" (?) in remoteprograms.msc on the server and check the "Start the following program on connection:" and listed Outlook in the Program path. Outlook does start, however the Start menu is not available and closing Outlook closes the RDP session. How can I get Outlook to start on connection and still allow the client to open other programs? Rick Undo everything you did and put it back to normal Add a Sh...

Money 2008
Money 2008 seems to stick at "Updating your accounts", msmoney.exe then takes an excessively large amount of CPU. I've left this run overnight and it eventually clears but it's basically making Money un- usable. I'm running it on Vista 64bit - current updates etc. I've been a Money user forever and this is just horrible. -trevor In microsoft.public.money, tmiller9833 wrote: >Money 2008 seems to stick at "Updating your accounts", msmoney.exe >then takes an excessively large amount of CPU. I've left this run >overnight and it eventually cle...

Ugrdng from SBS 2003 Premium SP1 to SBS 2003 Premium R2 affects CR
I have received from my Action Pack subscription, the SBS 2003 Premium R2 DVD and I want to upgrade my current production environment (SBS 2003 Premium SP1) to R2. Based on what I read about R2, I understand that I can upgrade SQL Server to 2005, but I do not know how it would affect my current CRM 3.0 installation. Can you please let me know if I can upgrade to SQL Svr 2005 and how to do that considering my CRM 3.0 installation? Thanks ...

Stop sbs 2008 migration
I started migrating sbs 2003 to sbs 2008. I have installed sbs 2008 on another server using the answer file and started the Migration wizard on the SBS 2008 after OS load. I have done the first three steps in the Migration wizard. Can I stop the migration? Can I forcefully take control back and remove the new sbs 2008 svr from my domain without any reprecussions? I want to start over. Call it poor planning or ignorance, but I made a bad call. I have this nice beefy server and should have virtualized SBS 2008. I didnt and now am asking for assistance to undo it. Any a...