sbs 2008 launcher error

just loaded sbs 2008.  when i run either the http://connect or launcher i get
the errror 'an error occurred while downloading the connect computer
application. please run this application again.'  i tried this on both a
vista and xpp client.  i have been reading a few post on this but no solution
found.  any suggestions? Thanks.
--
sgman

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

MessageBox Error
hello. When i try to get a message from a variable information i get this message error C2664: 'MessageBoxA' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const char *' here is part of my code int PointsNumber(0); MessageBox(PointsNumber, "Information"); thanks for your help What the hell is PointsNumber() ? Just do it like this: int iNumber=666; CString s; s.Format("The number is: %d",iNumber); MessageBox(s); And it will look like this: The number is: 666 Well, it means that it cannot convert parameter 1 from an int to a const c...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Error mapping Contact field to Opportunity Customer field
We have created a custom entity called Property. This entity has a many to one relationship to the Contact entity so that one Contact can be associated with many Properties. The Property entity is also related one to many to Opportunity so that one property can be associated with many Opportunities. We are not using the Account entity in CRM and have therefore not granted any priveledges for the Account entity to any users. This way, the Account entity will not show up on users wonderbar, menus, lookups, etc. Having done this, Account is removed from being one of the record type opt...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

inactivating an employee causes an error message
I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad I get this error message: "you cannot inactivate an employee record with existing employee cost transaction" I do not know what is an "employee cost transaction" and therefore I do not know how to go about and correct the question. The help is legendary Microsoft, acurate but does not even refer to that issue. Can somebody tell me please where to look? Thanks ZA "ZA" wrote: > I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad > I get this error ...

new version for 2008-2009
I have Money 2006 and am perfectly happy with it but the stock updates will stop in September of 2008. I guess I have to upgrade. will there be a new version this summer? Only time will tell. I'm wondering if Money Plus wasn't called Money 2008 so they could break the annual cycle and not have the box label spoil the effect. "Don" <don@mytrashmail.com> wrote in message news:B7Sdndbr1ugVurrVnZ2dnUVZ_tXinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have Money 2006 and am perfectly happy with it but the stock updates will >stop in September of 2008. I guess I have to upgrade. will ...

System Requirements Error when upgrading to CRM 4.0
I am currently working on upgrading my production environment from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. CRM 3.0 is using SQL Server 2000 SP4 so I have restored the MSCRM and METABASE databases on to a new SQL 2005 SP2. I then ran the redeployment Wizard and set up a working installation of CRM 3.0 using the upgraded databases on a new Windows 2003 Server. However, when I run the CRM 4.0 setup, choosing upgrade, I get a few errors in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Database section of the System Requirements screen and cannot continue. The errors claims different objects are missing in the system databse: co...

Run-Time Error '1004'
I am getting and error when I am trying to run a macro that changes a pivot item and prints a chart. The rest of the error message is Unable to set the _default property of the PivotItem class. Many thanks in advance :eek: -- TJonesEsq ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TJonesEsq's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15325 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273138 Post back with some code, so we can put the error into context. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP P...

Intermittent Error Number: 0x800ccc0e
I'm using Outlook 2000 on a laptop running Windows 2000 professional. I use Outlook to check mail on five different POP3 boxes at the same domain. Periodically, without any pattern that I can figure out, I'll suddenly start getting the error "Unable to connect to the server. (Account: 'Account Name', POP3 Server: 'mail.mailservername.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc0e)." Sometimes it's on just one box, sometimes on multiple boxes, rarely on all five. Sometimes, I restart Outlook and everything's magically fixed. Sometimes I need to restart my ...

Fatal error during email router installation
Hello I get this error when installing Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router -- Setup was unable to install the Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router. Fatal error during installation. (80070643) -- on my Exchange 2003 server. It is also domain controller running on Win2003 srv enterprise ed. MS CRM 1.2 is installed on another computer running on Win2000 server, MS SQL 2000 I'm including the logs from "setup.exe /lv". This line is completely strange because CRM is there and running on sample database (Adventure Works Cycle) and is accessible via MSI [13:09:36] No existing CRM produ...

I am unable to launch microsoft for mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Everytime I click on one of my icons to open this microsoft office setup assistant pop's up. Unlike the other users with this question i have tried following there instructions and register but the page wont load. I am a student and i depend on excel for school assignments and have been really annoyed with not being able to get this open. PLEASE help me. On 4/21/09 5:42 PM, "rachel_13@officeformac.com" <rachel_13@officeformac.com> wrote: > Everytime I click on one of my icons to open this micros...

Control Box Error
I am having a major issue. Excel crashed on me and I was able to use my recovered docuement. My issue is that I cant leave the designm ode - I keep getting the error "textbox1 cant be created" but I dont have a text box 1 ? Please help !! Just a completely wild guess... Close excel clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run| type: %temp% and hit enter Then start excel and test it out. If you're extremely lucky, ..... ynissel wrote: > > I am having a major issue. Excel crashed on me and I was able to use my > recovered docuement. My issue ...

Migrating AD Back to SBS
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone. Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch. Thanks, Chris There is an official MS document for adding SBS 2003 to a Server 2003 domain, but...

To find errors
Hi Is there a way to compare to similar files to make sure there are no errors in the text or numbers. They are not copies of each other and are filled by different persons. Thanks Kalevi Kalevi wrote: > Hi > Is there a way to compare to similar files to make sure there are no errors > in the text or numbers. They are not copies of each other and are filled by > different persons. > Thanks > Kalevi > > Compare them to what? Each other? If they're not the same how can a compare tell you if they are correct or not. A better method might be to use data valid...

Rules in error dialog box
I am receiving an error dialog box saying 'Rules in error'each time I start Outlook or a new mail arrives. It says it cannot move messages to the folder. I then deleted all the rules, recreated them; verified that a valid folder exists. Also verified that the .pst file is valid. Any ideas. TIA. G'Day Bob, 1. Disable all rules for (say) 2 to 3 days. 2. After this time, use the "Run now..." option for each rule. 3. If there are still errors, THEN a Rule is incorrect. -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ ...

OMA Errors
I have recently taken over the admin role over an exchange 2003 box. I need to allow wap access to this server (https://host.servername.com/oma). I have read through the setup guides and many KB articles but I keep getting this error after it validates the username and password for the username and password: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. In the event viewer I get this long description: An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: The remote server returned an...

Change error message
Greetings folks. I have made a form's allowadditions property = false. I have made navigation buttons also. Is there a way I can change the message from 'You can't go to the specified record' when the user is on the last record and they hit the next button, or when they are on the first record and they hit the previous button? I think the messages may be confussing for some users. I would rather have it say something like 'No more records'. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You woul...

RSS error
I keep getting a script error (run or not run?) when I click on RSS Feeds. Does anyone else see this or know what it means? I don't have any feeds set up in Outlook yet. -- Michael Windows 7 RC IE 8 Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest) Office 2007 (latest) It may be an error coming from the RSS home page. I think it's a page on MS's site, mostly harmless. "MHL" <booyakasha at mac dot com> wrote in message news:A91BBA2C-32E4-4243-A978-F9C559E44EEE@microsoft.com... > I keep getting a script error (run or not run?) when I click on RSS Feeds. > Does anyone e...

Email Distibution Group PErmission error
I created a Email Distribution Groupas an admin and I made my user account the manager and check thebox that gave me permission to update membership. When I go to update the membership inside of the GAL, I get the follwoing error: Changed to the Distribution list membership could not be saved. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. What did I miss? Is there anything more to changing the manager and allowing updates that I need to do. I've had problems with this, too...give your account the "write" right on the Security tab of t...

Change from SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 R2
Does anyone know if the license from Windows SBS 2003 works on R2 Edition? Here's my situation: I have an old server running Win SBS 2003. This is a new client and i just found the installation to be all screwed up (they are not even using Exchange, the domain is not .local, I cant find the SBS management panel, etc ) and barring any magic solution that allows me to improve on the current install, what i really want is to start from scratch, probably on different hardware (new server). So I whas thinking to my buttons: During reinstallation, can I now use the latest ver...

OWA Error #11
Hi, When I try to create or reply to messages in OWA, the body of the message is unavailable. I just see a small red x on the upper left hand side and the body of the message to read or view is blue and I can not type into this area any longer. I have made no recent changes to the server so I am a bit stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks David I just realized it is a client issue, as If I try through another computer, it works fine. Any suggestions still appreciated. Thanks "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:ulff4bL0EHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > ...

Error On Page Message
How can I download a template if I get Error On Page Message Post the URL for the Template so's we(I) can try to download. May come up with something for you. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 04:31:01 -0800, GeeJay <GeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I download a template if I get Error On Page Message the URL is http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC061011771033.aspx I cannot click download without getting Error on Page Message - thanks for the help "Gord Dibben" wrote: > Post the URL for the Template so's we(I) can try...

Integration Manager Error #9
Running a JE integration and receive the following error. I have checked the source documents and previewed and all appears fine. This integration cannot be run because of the following problem(s): Source Recordset '1' not round - used for Record Source option on collection 'Entries' ...

Conversion from ANSI to UNICODE errors
Can any body help to figure out why the following code generates the following errors at compile time, and also any suggestions on how to fix it? BACKGROUND INFO --HRESULT AnsiToUnicode(LPCSTR pszA, LPOLESTR* ppszW) <-- Function definition --private: CString m_saveAsFilename; <-- Private variable definition inside class --CString fullpath = GetDocument()->GetPathName(); CODE IN QUESTION -- AnsiToUnicode(m_saveAsFilename,&m_pwBuffer); -- AnsiToUnicode(fullpath,&m_pwBuffer); ERROR MESSAGED FOR BOTH FUNCTION CALLS error C2664: 'AnsiToUnicode' : cannot convert pa...