Sbs 2008 Console Crashes

Been working fine for a long time but now the console crashes. If I open
console in safe mode it crashes when looking at the computers section.
In the console log has:
17300] 100420.170833.5722: Admin: !!!!FATAL: Console shutting down due to
unhandled exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
[17300] 100420.170833.5742: Exception:

Is the only way of sorting this out but repairine the console?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Just for your reference, here is a related article from SBS blog:

SBS console crashes when duplicate entries from AV products are written into
Security Center
https://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/03/12/sbs-console-crashes-when-duplicate-entries-from-av-products-are-written-into-security-center.aspx

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Robbin Meng
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

"zaz" wrote:

> Been working fine for a long time but now the console crashes. If I open
> console in safe mode it crashes when looking at the computers section.
> In the console log has:
> 17300] 100420.170833.5722: Admin: !!!!FATAL: Console shutting down due to
> unhandled exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
> [17300] 100420.170833.5742: Exception:
>
> Is the only way of sorting this out but repairine the console?

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

new version for 2008-2009
I have Money 2006 and am perfectly happy with it but the stock updates will stop in September of 2008. I guess I have to upgrade. will there be a new version this summer? Only time will tell. I'm wondering if Money Plus wasn't called Money 2008 so they could break the annual cycle and not have the box label spoil the effect. "Don" <don@mytrashmail.com> wrote in message news:B7Sdndbr1ugVurrVnZ2dnUVZ_tXinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have Money 2006 and am perfectly happy with it but the stock updates will >stop in September of 2008. I guess I have to upgrade. will ...

I am unable to launch microsoft for mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Everytime I click on one of my icons to open this microsoft office setup assistant pop's up. Unlike the other users with this question i have tried following there instructions and register but the page wont load. I am a student and i depend on excel for school assignments and have been really annoyed with not being able to get this open. PLEASE help me. On 4/21/09 5:42 PM, "rachel_13@officeformac.com" <rachel_13@officeformac.com> wrote: > Everytime I click on one of my icons to open this micros...

Migrating AD Back to SBS
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone. Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch. Thanks, Chris There is an official MS document for adding SBS 2003 to a Server 2003 domain, but...

Word for Mac crashes when docs saved as .doc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br><br>When I'm using Word:Mac 2008, and try to save a new document as Word 97 - 2004 (.doc), the application crashes and I get a &quot;Problem Report&quot;. New documents that are saved as .docx or .rtf are fine - the application only crashes when documents are saved as .doc <br><br>Any help? Make sure you have Office (12.2.3) & OS X (10.6.2) fully updated & run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions. That most likely will not resolve it but it needs to be...

Outlook XP crashes when using Tasks
Outlook will crash when using Tasks. Here are the things I have tried. Used XP's Restore function to go back to a time when it worked fine. 1. Ran 2 virus scans with two different products. 2. Deinstalled Office XP, ran a defrag, and then reinstalled. 3. It will function propertly for about 2 minutes and then crash. There is an Exchange 2000 server involved as well. He can access his Tasks on another PC with no problem, so I know it is related to his machine. The offending file is an Outllib.dll, at least from the technical notes and log files. Any thoughts? ...

Change from SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 R2
Does anyone know if the license from Windows SBS 2003 works on R2 Edition? Here's my situation: I have an old server running Win SBS 2003. This is a new client and i just found the installation to be all screwed up (they are not even using Exchange, the domain is not .local, I cant find the SBS management panel, etc ) and barring any magic solution that allows me to improve on the current install, what i really want is to start from scratch, probably on different hardware (new server). So I whas thinking to my buttons: During reinstallation, can I now use the latest ver...

vc MFC 2008 DocView MFCTableCtrl
in vc 2008 environment i create a project which is muti-docview,when i open some file,the file show in the client area ,and also there some table name on the client header,I can get the MFCTableCtrl by GetMdiTab() ,but all i want is that i want to replace the tabctrl with my own defined tabCtrl. how can i do this.thanks very much. forgive for my poor english ... ...

SBS 2003 VPN Frustration!
Hi all, I hope someone here can help. I saw a similar post that someone here was able to solve so I'm pinning my hopes on that. Let me try and provide as much information as possible. SIMPLIFIED I'm trying to setup the software VPN on the SBS so that remote users can be connected in to the server (so they can use local Outlook Exchange, can access the shared data folders on the main office server, etc). Testing this setup on our own system, I can connect into the server using VPN but cannot access anything on the network. DETAILED 1. I ran the "Configure...

Migrating SBS 2003 to SBS 2008
I really appreciate your inputs regarding my dilemma and made me think to change course with this migration and obtain private IP's for our network instead of the public ones. I will need now to figure out where and how to start changing our IP's! and what is involved. Hope after changing to private IP's, the migration will run without any glitches. I'm keeping me fingers and toes crossed. If you have any suggestion or links on how or where to start to enable me changing IP's from public to private; then PLEASE let me know. Thank you for everything guys...

NT4 SBS to 2003 SBS
There's an old NT4 SBS server in place with Exchange 5.5, 10 users. A new 2003 SBS server has arrived. What's the best way to move everything to the new and shut down the old? I tried to make a trust relationship, but you can't do that with SBS 2003!. Should I use Outlook to log on as a user, copy all data to a .pst from the old Exchange 5.5, then make new users and mailboxes on the new server and copy from the .pst to the new 2003 mailbox? Only 10 users, 700MB in total. Thanks Neal. ...

GP 9.0 on SQL 2008
MBS has said GP 10 is supported on SQL Server 2008. However there is no information on support for GP 9.0 on SQL 2008. Does anyone have any real-world experience running GP 9.0 on SQL 2008 in a production environment? Thanks, John Dynamics GP 9.0 is not supported on Microsoft SQL Server 2008. This is an excerpt from the System Requirements page. Database Requirements: MSDE 2000 SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Workgroup Edition SP 4 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (64-bit) SP 4 Microsoft SQL Serve...

Excel 2007 crashes, causes reboot
Hello- Has anyone seen this behavior? Working in a simple spreadsheet in Excel 2007. OS is Vista Ultimate. (Dual core AMD/3 GB RAM) Three times today, and a few times previously Excel 2007 locks up and then causes a reboot of my PC. Upon the completion of the reboot, a message simply states that Windows has recovered from a serious error. Event logs seem inconclusive. Issue only occurs when using Excel 2007 and has been fairly easy to replicate. Unfortunately this is not the only bug that I have experienced in Office 2007. I have experienced many slow downs (but no reboots) with Word ...

Publisher 2003 crashes when changing printer
Since upigrading to Office 2003 I have experienced a problem where Publisher crashes whenever I try to change the printer from the Print dialog (I have access to two printers for different quality output). The following is what appears in Event Viewer: Faulting application mspub.exe, version 11.0.8103.0, stamp 44dd2714, faulting module user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2622, stamp 42260159, debug? 0, fault address 0x000529a6. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Any suggestions as to the problem? I've already uninstalled and r...

SBS 2008 + terminal services.
Hi there, A customer of mine is asking for file-server & Exchange services that would be well served by SBS 2008. They currently use VNC quite regularly (to work from home, foreign work- related trips), and the impression I get is that an SBS domain would pretty much involve switching to Remote Web Workplace. I'm not sure if this is essential, but it seems like it would make more sense to have remote desktopping managed by the domain controller, rather than on an ad-hoc basis. I understand why the version of Terminal Services to accommodate end-users isn't ava...

Connecting to MS SQL Server 2008 Express
I am using a demo for RMS 2.0 and installed MS SQL Server 2008 Express. Using the Store Operations Administrator Configuration screen I am getting the following listed below when trying to connect. Any clues as to my problem would be greatly appreciated... Error #-2147217843 Login failed for user 'Mike' (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Providor for SQL Server) (SQL State: 42000) (NativeError: 18456) No Help file avaialbe You are tring to log into an SQL server with the SQL Authentication and the username Mike. This error would indicate the user Mike does not exist, does n...

2008 Server Remote Apps
Is anyone using 2008 Server RemoteApps for Great Plains yet? I'm looking for some tips and tricks on getting GP10 working as a remote app on 2008 Server. I have GP loaded and have been testing it out with various users. What is the best way to give each RemoteApp user their own dex.ini? or Is there a way to blank out the "Last User" in the login screen? Also, when you export a smartlist to Excel, it spins up the Excel loaded on the server. Is there a way to re-direct that to the local Excel or at least have the save destination set to the users local drive instead of the ...

SQL 2008 and SRS
I am using SQL 2005 with CRM 4.0 on one box and have to move CRM and SQL to seperate boxes. The SQL box will have SQL 2008 Standard. The consultant who will be doing the SQL work reminded me to install SRS. Is SRS included with SQL 2008 Standard? Thanks, John SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is part of 2008 Standard Edition. RLF "John" <bsmith@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23DpI1bfcKHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am using SQL 2005 with CRM 4.0 on one box and have to move CRM and SQL to >seperate boxes. The SQL box will have SQL 2...

Remove SBS
(Im reposting this since I got no response in the setup-config group, im hoping for better luck in this group) I have a client with SBS 2003 but isn’t utilizing any SBS functions (don’t ask me why they have SBS… it wasn’t me). Now they have an app that (based on the vender) cant run on an SBS server. How do go about doing this? I don’t care about ripping out SBS but I need to preserve AD. What would happen if I… 1)Uninstall SBS? a)Would it remove AD (as the sbs is the only domain) or is AD not a SBS role? b)Would it become a regular Windows 2003 std server machine? 2)Do an...

CFileDialog crashes in destructor
Hello, I have a problem with CFileDialog. It crashes in destructor ( that is ~CFileDialog() ) when I build app using latest SDK. It doesn't crash when I am not using latest SDK. thanks in advance natko >I have a problem with CFileDialog. It crashes in destructor ( that is >~CFileDialog() ) when I build app using latest SDK. >It doesn't crash when I am not using latest SDK. I don't know if this is applicable to your problem, but have a look at the definition of OPENFILENAME_SIZE_VERSION_400 - maybe with the new headers you're picking up the newly sized definiti...

SBS 2003 to Standard 2008 transition?
I've got a client wanting to 'breakout' from SBS 2003, but then want to go to 2008 Standard, not 2003 Standard. You used to be able to transition from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003 to get a good discount on migrating your CALs etc. Is it possible to go straight to Standard 2008, to migrate their CALs and get the transition discount? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0070_01CB500E.98E99440 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If you try hard..you may still find the transition...

Migrating from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008
Hi Guys, Is a migration from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 possible? and should I even attempt this? If so, does any one have a basic migration guide and any things to aviod? Thanks for any help. JohnG wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Is a migration from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 possible? and should I even > attempt this? > > If so, does any one have a basic migration guide and any things to aviod? > > Thanks for any help. > > > http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Migration/default.aspx http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Migrati...

Server 2008 start program on connection
Server 2008 R2 64 bit. I want to open Outlook automatically when RDP clients connect. I have checked "Allow any program to run on clients startup" (?) in remoteprograms.msc on the server and check the "Start the following program on connection:" and listed Outlook in the Program path. Outlook does start, however the Start menu is not available and closing Outlook closes the RDP session. How can I get Outlook to start on connection and still allow the client to open other programs? Rick Undo everything you did and put it back to normal Add a Sh...