SBS 2003 R2 SP2 - Multiple ID: 333, 1058, 1030 messages errors

Hi,

I am trying to solve this issue but nothing works to fix it.

I see that 1058 and 1030 events are present in the event viewer after the
daily backup (NTBACKUP). Three hours after the event viewer show multiple
and continuous 333 events.

When I started to fix this issue I found the server lost network connection
and services due to a memory exhaust state. I have applied some fixes to
this server and appear not to crash.

I am using a combination of NTBACKUP and COBIAN BACKUP Boletus to do the
system and data backups.

The server model is HP Proliant ML350 G5 and Windows SBS 2003 R2 SP2
operative system and I am honest to say that I never had got so many
problems with a server but this one never stops giving headache.

Please help!!

Best regards,

Juan Carlos

0
Juan

You don't really give much to go on, no details on the error codes, no
details on what you have tried.  I suspect the 1030/1058 codes (if they are
group policy codes) are related to your network adapter.  Not sure on the
333 code, www.eventid.net may be of help here.

The first thing I'd do:

Run the SBS Best Practice Analyzer and fix what it finds:
http://www.sbslinks.com/sbsbpa.htm

--
Allan Williams

Juan Carlos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to solve this issue but nothing works to fix it.
>
> I see that 1058 and 1030 events are present in the event viewer after
> the daily backup (NTBACKUP). Three hours after the event viewer show
> multiple and continuous 333 events.
>
> When I started to fix this issue I found the server lost network
> connection and services due to a memory exhaust state. I have applied
> some fixes to this server and appear not to crash.
>
> I am using a combination of NTBACKUP and COBIAN BACKUP Boletus to do
> the system and data backups.
>
> The server model is HP Proliant ML350 G5 and Windows SBS 2003 R2 SP2
> operative system and I am honest to say that I never had got so many
> problems with a server but this one never stops giving headache.
>
> Please help!!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Juan Carlos

0
Al
8/31/2010 4:18:53 PM
Thank you for your response.

Sorry for the inconveniences. I give you more details about the error codes
in the following lines. I do not paste the entire error messages because
server operative system language is spanish and I think it might be
sufficient to enumerate the error codes.

Event viewer - Application:

Type            Date             Time        Origin     Category   Event
User     Machine
Error -         30/08/2010  23:47:09  Userenv     -             1058
System  Server
Error -         30/08/2010  23:47:09  Userenv     -             1030
System  Server

Information   30/08/2010  23:03:31 ntbackup   -              8000   -
Server

I think the errors often are appearing after the ntbackup operation.

Event viewer - System:
Type            Date             Time        Origin
Category   Event   User     Machine
Error -         31/08/2010  2:45:43    Application Popup  -
333     -           Server

From this moment the error occurs each few seconds. I have applied some fix
to the server to eliminate the memory exhausted event and system crash but I
do not found why this error start and how to stop.

I have modified the network controller configuration disabling the TCP
offload engine that is a common error 333 in some servers.

If the server is rebooted errors message stop and all appear be ok.

Sorry for my poor english.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos

"Al Williams" <AMBW@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias news:ON2B1gSSLHA.5276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> You don't really give much to go on, no details on the error codes, no
> details on what you have tried.  I suspect the 1030/1058 codes (if they
> are group policy codes) are related to your network adapter.  Not sure on
> the 333 code, www.eventid.net may be of help here.
>
> The first thing I'd do:
>
> Run the SBS Best Practice Analyzer and fix what it finds:
> http://www.sbslinks.com/sbsbpa.htm
>
> --
> Allan Williams
>

> Juan Carlos wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to solve this issue but nothing works to fix it.
>>
>> I see that 1058 and 1030 events are present in the event viewer after
>> the daily backup (NTBACKUP). Three hours after the event viewer show
>> multiple and continuous 333 events.
>>
>> When I started to fix this issue I found the server lost network
>> connection and services due to a memory exhaust state. I have applied
>> some fixes to this server and appear not to crash.
>>
>> I am using a combination of NTBACKUP and COBIAN BACKUP Boletus to do
>> the system and data backups.
>>
>> The server model is HP Proliant ML350 G5 and Windows SBS 2003 R2 SP2
>> operative system and I am honest to say that I never had got so many
>> problems with a server but this one never stops giving headache.
>>
>> Please help!!
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Juan Carlos

0
Juan
9/1/2010 8:22:30 AM
During some test the server crashed with system error ID 2020 origin Srv and
appearing lots of different messages with incorrect image: dumpel.exe :
Application or DLL C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\res\mdbmsg.dll and more until
the server had been rebooted.

Thanks.

"Juan Carlos" <sieworks@hotmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to solve this issue but nothing works to fix it.
>
> I see that 1058 and 1030 events are present in the event viewer after the
> daily backup (NTBACKUP). Three hours after the event viewer show multiple
> and continuous 333 events.
>
> When I started to fix this issue I found the server lost network
> connection and services due to a memory exhaust state. I have applied some
> fixes to this server and appear not to crash.
>
> I am using a combination of NTBACKUP and COBIAN BACKUP Boletus to do the
> system and data backups.
>
> The server model is HP Proliant ML350 G5 and Windows SBS 2003 R2 SP2
> operative system and I am honest to say that I never had got so many
> problems with a server but this one never stops giving headache.
>
> Please help!!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Juan Carlos

0
Juan
9/1/2010 10:51:40 AM
I think the 1058/1030 errors relate to networking issues.  Some HP servers
use BroadComm NIC's which can have issues.  Make sure they are not set to go
into "powerr-save" and update to the latest NIC driver and fix everything
the BPA indicates.  Don't think they are related to NTbackup (your backups
work, correct?)

From eventid.net, the 333 error seems to be related to running out of RAM
pools- check the comments here (there was one related to HP hardware):
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=333&eventno=5757&source=Application%20Popup&phase=1

Make sure you are not using the /3GB switch and check your free memory
counters.  How much RAM installed? (should have at least 3GB).  Also check
if SQL or other processes are hogging RAM - google a bit and you can tune
those (exchange's store.exe is supposed to use lots of RAM and will give it
up if need be so ignore that one).

--
Allan Williams

Juan Carlos wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> --
>> Allan Williams
>>

>> Juan Carlos wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to solve this issue but nothing works to fix it.
>>>
>>> I see that 1058 and 1030 events are present in the event viewer
>>> after the daily backup (NTBACKUP). Three hours after the event
>>> viewer show multiple and continuous 333 events.
>>>
>>> When I started to fix this issue I found the server lost network
>>> connection and services due to a memory exhaust state. I have
>>> applied some fixes to this server and appear not to crash.
>>>
>>> I am using a combination of NTBACKUP and COBIAN BACKUP Boletus to do
>>> the system and data backups.
>>>
>>> The server model is HP Proliant ML350 G5 and Windows SBS 2003 R2 SP2
>>> operative system and I am honest to say that I never had got so many
>>> problems with a server but this one never stops giving headache.

0
Al

Error Code 9370001 (KB947821) Windows Update
Hi Guys Can anyone help me please with this problem? When running Windows Update it detects a particular update called System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB947821) September 2009. As soon as I try to install it, it keeps coming up with a Error found: Code 9370001. It's really annoying. Help much appreciated. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista 64-bit SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. > ...it keeps coming up with a Error found: Code 9370001 Double-check that...

Mobile 1.2 Registration error
hey all i'm getting this error: [CMP]rdaMsgBusErrorTrace[LVL]0 [EVT]0 [TXT]Exception details: Message: SqlCeException SQL CE Exception Error Code: 80072F06 Message: Minor Err: 28037 Source: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition Exception Contents: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException.SqlCeException i can access https://crmserver/ssCERDA and https://crmserver/CRMMobileSubscription fine, so i dont know why this is failing any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_26AE9586 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi- Error 28037 means that a request to send data to t...

dissapearing spreadsheet- excel 2003
Something awful has happened. I just finished a massive spreadsheet down to the last detail. Everything balanced out, it was perfect. I was ready to print the final draft. I wanted to take out the grid lines and the a-z and 123.. borders so I was looking at various commands on the tool bar. I got to the "insert' heading and clicked on "worksheet" to see what it was. Everything is now gone....... I am sick. Please tell me how to get the spreadsheet back. I have tried to open the one I want from the saved files but nothing but a blank worksheet comes up. While looking thru t...

Publisher 2003 Catologue Merge
http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/ Here is a real winner that popped up today on www.nonags.com This is the perfect tool for the Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. This program will automatically list all the picture files in a folder to use with a Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. Does exactly what you want, has all the options you need, including sort, file extension you want etc. etc. Just a magic little program with all the needs and requirements. It will be so easy for users just to copy the path information to their database/CSV file whatever - simple I think if I sat down a...

Archiving the Outlook 2003 Calendar
My archive utility seems to be only working sporadically. When I attempt to archive my calendar, sometimes it works and I get a .pst file that is 2,000 kb (+). At other times it creates a .pst file that is only 265 kb in size and contains on data. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I'm asking that it archive items older than the current date (but I've also tried archiving items older than yesterday and had similar results). Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

Outlook 2002
I am not able to send an away message because the Out of Office Assistant menu command isn't on the Tools menu. I tried to enable the menu command by doing the following: On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options. Click Add-In Manager. Select the option Exchange Extensions commands. There is no "Exchange Extensions" commands. There is an "Exchange Extensions Property Pages", however that was already checked off. Any help would be appreciated. Skip Belsky Out of Office Assistant is an available feature only if yo...

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

Messages not being received at destination
Hi, I got a report that one of our customers is not receiving our email. This is an intermittent problem and I feel that it is not at our end, but theirs, but they want proof. We have an Exchane 2003 server. When I look at the message tracking log for any message sent to this address that is not receiving, the last line where it says "Message transferred to", instead of a server destination name, I see ************************************200***2*****0*00 Does anyone know what this means? Thanks, On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:09:00 -0800, Sandy M <SandyM@discussio...

Outlook 2003 hangs when downloading POP3 messages

Run-time Error 5 "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument"
I have been having a recurring problem with this error, which is occurring on several lines of code in serveral databases at work. What is most strange is that the code always runs without error on my computer, but it does on other ones. Now it’s popping up on our brand new laptop for a new database I’ve recently created which again, has been working perfectly on my computer. We have done numerous comparisons between the other computers and mine – same versions of Access, same service pack updates, (2003 SP3) same version of Visual Basic, same Library References, same version ...

Address Book Not Working With Text Messages Sent By Outlook
Every time I try to send a text message per Outlook, I can type and send the message, only as long as I physically type a person's name in the To box. If I click on the little address book button beside the To box or click on the icon at the top of the message page, I immediately get kicked out of Outlook, and it must restart. Does anyone know what is wrong and how it might be fixed? Thanks, Candy What version of Outlook? What type of email account? It sounds like the address book is corrupt. If you use outlook 2003 or older, try this: go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose Vie...

Exchange 2003 OWA #3
I am having a problem receiving certin attachments using Outlook web access 2003 ( owa ) I Can receive .zip , .pdf , and even .rar files with no problems... how ever when i receive an Microsoft Access file ( .mdb ) it says " Access to the following potentially unsafe attachments has been blocked: Filename.mdb" This is also happening when I try to receive a .xml file. I have been searching all over for info on this and can't find any... any help here would be greatly appreciated... Our server setup just incase you need it is... Win 2k server running exchange ...

how do i import my mail messages from out look express to outlook #2
How do i transfer my address book from outlook express to outlook "cheryl" <cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C07A223-D825-41C1-8B5A-7E75CCC63599@microsoft.com... > How do i transfer my address book from outlook express to outlook Your subject says Mail messages. Which do you want to do? ...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Excel 2003 Slow
Have any other users of Excel 2003 found it really slow when entering data into cells. I know 2 others users who have the same problem and we are being slowly driven mad with frustration. Is there some option we can deselect somewhere that will speed things up? No comments have come in about this, so I don't know how many others have the same problem I wrote about below a few days ago. However I have found a way round it - to uninstall Excel 2003 and install Excel XP instead. Now I can enter data in cells at my usual speed. I'd still really like to know what causes the slowness ...

MessageBox Error
hello. When i try to get a message from a variable information i get this message error C2664: 'MessageBoxA' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const char *' here is part of my code int PointsNumber(0); MessageBox(PointsNumber, "Information"); thanks for your help What the hell is PointsNumber() ? Just do it like this: int iNumber=666; CString s; s.Format("The number is: %d",iNumber); MessageBox(s); And it will look like this: The number is: 666 Well, it means that it cannot convert parameter 1 from an int to a const c...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

Outlook and Office 2003
Outlook hangs when trying to attach files via the paperclip icon and excel and word hang when moving up through the directory structure while I am trying to "open" or "save as". Has anyone come across these problems and are there any fixes/work arounds? I really don't want to reinstall 2000! Thanks Ian Is this from local or network drives? If network drives, pure Microsoft world or are you living in a mixed world of Novell, Unix, .etc and Microsoft? FWIW, I've seen Microsoft Office applications hang in the file open/save dialog and living in a Novell/Mic...

Unable to add an e-mail address to an existing contact in Outlook 2003
When I try to add an address to one of my contacts it dissapears as soon as I enter it and tab to the next field. I've tried "enter" too. I've tried detect and repair, I've looked in newsgroups for a similar problem, but I'm not seeing it. Any help out there for this problem? Thanks, Eric Where are you trying to add it in the contact record? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Eric Feinstein <erc1@nospamhotmail.com> asked: | When I try to a...

lost email messages
I had my ISP bag my email due to my SBS 2003 system board going bad and waiting for replacement. When I restore the SBS all I have recieved is the email send and recieved from the date the server has been up.I double check to mak sure the same username mailboxes were recreated, but still not bagged email. I called the ISP and they said I should have recieved email that was bagged and to check my logs. How do I check my logs in exchange??? I only am aware of the windows event logs. Is that what they mean?? Any help would be grateful. Thank you. Joe Hi Joe, They where most likley ref...

Error mapping Contact field to Opportunity Customer field
We have created a custom entity called Property. This entity has a many to one relationship to the Contact entity so that one Contact can be associated with many Properties. The Property entity is also related one to many to Opportunity so that one property can be associated with many Opportunities. We are not using the Account entity in CRM and have therefore not granted any priveledges for the Account entity to any users. This way, the Account entity will not show up on users wonderbar, menus, lookups, etc. Having done this, Account is removed from being one of the record type opt...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

Rules in error dialog box
I am receiving an error dialog box saying 'Rules in error'each time I start Outlook or a new mail arrives. It says it cannot move messages to the folder. I then deleted all the rules, recreated them; verified that a valid folder exists. Also verified that the .pst file is valid. Any ideas. TIA. G'Day Bob, 1. Disable all rules for (say) 2 to 3 days. 2. After this time, use the "Run now..." option for each rule. 3. If there are still errors, THEN a Rule is incorrect. -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ ...

Bugs worked out with XP SP2 and Outlook?
When SP2 just came out, one functionality that existed in Outlook 2003 (while using Word as e-mail editor) didn't work anymore, the icons (in Web Tools toolbar) that allowed embedding of sound, video, and marquee text in e-mail. I wrote about that problem here, and there was a response that that is a known bug, that Microsoft was working on. Has there been a fix for this yet, either through a SP2 update, or an Outlook 2003 update? Are you running Windows XP SP2? I think that is what has broken it (or an update to IE). It's broken in Outlook 2003 too. " MS" <ms@nospa...

Tidying up 5.5 pre 2003?
OK I'm going to spend some time tomorrow tidying up our 5.5 directory ready for when I start migrating us to 2003. So far I'm planning on: Getting rid of all old/unnecessary mailboxes (duh!) Setting all resource mailboxes to no Primary NT account, users have access via the permissions tab (assuming ADC will create disabled domain account). Setting ex-employee mailboxes so that their already disabled domain account is the primary account, again their manager has access via the permissions tab. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? TIA, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net Pau...