SBS 2003 in Journal Wrap Error State from Previous Migration

I apologize ahead of time if this question was already discussed, I realize
it is an older topic, but I couldn't find my particular "offshoot" of the
issue so decided to post a question.

Here is the history of the problem.  I have an SBS 2003 Standard domain.
Two years ago, I moved SBS 2003 to more powerful hardware by way of
Microsoft's migration procedure.  All went well except for the following:
When I removed the old SBS from the network, I began getting errors in my
file replication log on the new server complaining that it had a journal wrap
error (event ID 13568) and could not read from the NTFS USN journal on the
other server.  Well the error is correct because the old server was removed
and no longer exists.  I made an assumption that Microsoft's recommended
method for migrating SBS 2003 to new hardware would deal with any replication
issues when the domain data was transferred, but it did not and the new
server has been looking for the old one ever since.

For the past two years, the SBS 2003 server has been running tip top and has
experienced few issues.  We now plan to migrate to SBS 2008 to take advantage
of the newer technologies, and this journal wrap error has become important
again.  I have researched the web for days looking for a solution to my
particular situation and cannot find anything that makes sense for this
particular problem.  All of the solutions, ideas, posts, KB articles, etc...
that I have been looking at are solutions and ideas for restoring replication
between two or more partners.  While these solutions and ideas are talking
about the same error message that I am seeing on my server, I have to assume
that they don't apply to me becasue there is no location on my network to
replicate with.
How can I resolve the NTFRS errors I am seeing with no replication partner
available?  It is important that I resolve this before we migrate.  All
solutions I have seen say that the server will be removed from the
replication set and then re-added to it which is impossible due to the old
server being gone.

Thank you in advance!

------=_NextPart_000_00B1_01CAEC56.1CB2E870

check this blog
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/11/27/burflags-and-journal-w=
rap.aspx

--=20
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/06723295=
73/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&s=3Dbooks&qid=3D1217269967&sr=3D8-1
Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
A Microsoft Registered Partner
------------------------------------
MVPs do not work for Microsoft
Please do not submit questions directly to me.

  "JNelsonCPath" <JNelsonCPath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:C9202416-6C5F-4062-B7CC-F3F9BBE005DC@microsoft.com...
  I apologize ahead of time if this question was already discussed, I =
realize=20
  it is an older topic, but I couldn't find my particular "offshoot" of =
the=20
  issue so decided to post a question.

  Here is the history of the problem.  I have an SBS 2003 Standard =
domain. =20
  Two years ago, I moved SBS 2003 to more powerful hardware by way of=20
  Microsoft's migration procedure.  All went well except for the =
following: =20
  When I removed the old SBS from the network, I began getting errors in =
my=20
  file replication log on the new server complaining that it had a =
journal wrap=20
  error (event ID 13568) and could not read from the NTFS USN journal on =
the=20
  other server.  Well the error is correct because the old server was =
removed=20
  and no longer exists.  I made an assumption that Microsoft's =
recommended=20
  method for migrating SBS 2003 to new hardware would deal with any =
replication=20
  issues when the domain data was transferred, but it did not and the =
new=20
  server has been looking for the old one ever since.
   =20
  For the past two years, the SBS 2003 server has been running tip top =
and has=20
  experienced few issues.  We now plan to migrate to SBS 2008 to take =
advantage=20
  of the newer technologies, and this journal wrap error has become =
important=20
  again.  I have researched the web for days looking for a solution to =
my=20
  particular situation and cannot find anything that makes sense for =
this=20
  particular problem.  All of the solutions, ideas, posts, KB articles, =
etc...=20
  that I have been looking at are solutions and ideas for restoring =
replication=20
  between two or more partners.  While these solutions and ideas are =
talking=20
  about the same error message that I am seeing on my server, I have to =
assume=20
  that they don't apply to me becasue there is no location on my network =
to=20
  replicate with. =20
  How can I resolve the NTFRS errors I am seeing with no replication =
partner=20
  available?  It is important that I resolve this before we migrate.  =
All=20
  solutions I have seen say that the server will be removed from the=20
  replication set and then re-added to it which is impossible due to the =
old=20
  server being gone.

  Thank you in advance!

------=_NextPart_000_00B1_01CAEC56.1CB2E870

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>check this blog</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><A=20
href=3D"http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/11/27/burflags-and-j=
ournal-wrap.aspx">http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/11/27/burf=
lags-and-journal-wrap.aspx</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)<BR>Co-Contributor, =
Windows=20
Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/=
0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D1217269967=
&amp;sr=3D8-1">http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleas=
hed/dp/0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D121=
7269967&amp;sr=3D8-1</A><BR>Owner,=20
CPU Services, Belleville, IL<BR>A Microsoft Registered=20
Partner<BR>------------------------------------<BR>MVPs do not work for=20
Microsoft<BR>Please do not submit questions directly to me.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"JNelsonCPath" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JNelsonCPath@discussions.microsoft.com">JNelsonCPath@discu=
ssions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:C9202416-6C5F-4062-B7CC-F3F9BBE005DC@microsoft.com">news:C92=
02416-6C5F-4062-B7CC-F3F9BBE005DC@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  apologize ahead of time if this question was already discussed, I =
realize=20
  <BR>it is an older topic, but I couldn't find my particular "offshoot" =
of the=20
  <BR>issue so decided to post a question.<BR><BR>Here is the history of =
the=20
  problem.&nbsp; I have an SBS 2003 Standard domain.&nbsp; <BR>Two years =
ago, I=20
  moved SBS 2003 to more powerful hardware by way of <BR>Microsoft's =
migration=20
  procedure.&nbsp; All went well except for the following:&nbsp; =
<BR>When I=20
  removed the old SBS from the network, I began getting errors in my =
<BR>file=20
  replication log on the new server complaining that it had a journal =
wrap=20
  <BR>error (event ID 13568) and could not read from the NTFS USN =
journal on the=20
  <BR>other server.&nbsp; Well the error is correct because the old =
server was=20
  removed <BR>and no longer exists.&nbsp; I made an assumption that =
Microsoft's=20
  recommended <BR>method for migrating SBS 2003 to new hardware would =
deal with=20
  any replication <BR>issues when the domain data was transferred, but =
it did=20
  not and the new <BR>server has been looking for the old one ever=20
  since.<BR>&nbsp; <BR>For the past two years, the SBS 2003 server has =
been=20
  running tip top and has <BR>experienced few issues.&nbsp; We now plan =
to=20
  migrate to SBS 2008 to take advantage <BR>of the newer technologies, =
and this=20
  journal wrap error has become important <BR>again.&nbsp; I have =
researched the=20
  web for days looking for a solution to my <BR>particular situation and =
cannot=20
  find anything that makes sense for this <BR>particular problem.&nbsp; =
All of=20
  the solutions, ideas, posts, KB articles, etc... <BR>that I have been =
looking=20
  at are solutions and ideas for restoring replication <BR>between two =
or more=20
  partners.&nbsp; While these solutions and ideas are talking <BR>about =
the same=20
  error message that I am seeing on my server, I have to assume <BR>that =
they=20
  don't apply to me becasue there is no location on my network to =
<BR>replicate=20
  with.&nbsp; <BR>How can I resolve the NTFRS errors I am seeing with no =

  replication partner <BR>available?&nbsp; It is important that I =
resolve this=20
  before we migrate.&nbsp; All <BR>solutions I have seen say that the =
server=20
  will be removed from the <BR>replication set and then re-added to it =
which is=20
  impossible due to the old <BR>server being gone.<BR><BR>Thank you in=20
  advance!<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B1_01CAEC56.1CB2E870--

0
Cris
5/5/2010 6:23:12 PM
JNelsonCPath wrote:
> I apologize ahead of time if this question was already discussed, I realize
> it is an older topic, but I couldn't find my particular "offshoot" of the
> issue so decided to post a question.
>
> Here is the history of the problem.  I have an SBS 2003 Standard domain.
> Two years ago, I moved SBS 2003 to more powerful hardware by way of
> Microsoft's migration procedure.  All went well except for the following:
> When I removed the old SBS from the network, I began getting errors in my
> file replication log on the new server complaining that it had a journal wrap
> error (event ID 13568) and could not read from the NTFS USN journal on the
> other server.  Well the error is correct because the old server was removed
> and no longer exists.  I made an assumption that Microsoft's recommended
> method for migrating SBS 2003 to new hardware would deal with any replication
> issues when the domain data was transferred, but it did not and the new
> server has been looking for the old one ever since.
>
> For the past two years, the SBS 2003 server has been running tip top and has
> experienced few issues.  We now plan to migrate to SBS 2008 to take advantage
> of the newer technologies, and this journal wrap error has become important
> again.  I have researched the web for days looking for a solution to my
> particular situation and cannot find anything that makes sense for this
> particular problem.  All of the solutions, ideas, posts, KB articles, etc...
> that I have been looking at are solutions and ideas for restoring replication
> between two or more partners.  While these solutions and ideas are talking
> about the same error message that I am seeing on my server, I have to assume
> that they don't apply to me becasue there is no location on my network to
> replicate with.
> How can I resolve the NTFRS errors I am seeing with no replication partner
> available?  It is important that I resolve this before we migrate.  All
> solutions I have seen say that the server will be removed from the
> replication set and then re-added to it which is impossible due to the old
> server being gone.
>
> Thank you in advance!

See the error message in the event logs?
Read it.
See what it says to do? See how it says to add an reg key?
Do it.
It's that easy.
0
Susan
5/5/2010 8:09:05 PM
Thank you for your response.  I have read that blog several times already and
from what I understand, I cannot use the burflags option because I do not
have a replication partner available.  This isnt as easy as a standard
replication breaking between two servers; but rather it was a migration that
appears incomplete.
One piece of advice I was given that sounds promising is to restore the
System State data from a backup, however, I need more detail as I think that
restoring the System State data would just restore the same problem.

"Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]" wrote:

> check this blog
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/11/27/burflags-and-journal-wrap.aspx
>

> --
> Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
> Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
> http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/0672329573/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217269967&sr=8-1
> Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
> A Microsoft Registered Partner
> ------------------------------------
> MVPs do not work for Microsoft
> Please do not submit questions directly to me.
>
>   "JNelsonCPath" <JNelsonCPath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9202416-6C5F-4062-B7CC-F3F9BBE005DC@microsoft.com...
>   I apologize ahead of time if this question was already discussed, I realize
>   it is an older topic, but I couldn't find my particular "offshoot" of the
>   issue so decided to post a question.
>
>   Here is the history of the problem.  I have an SBS 2003 Standard domain.
>   Two years ago, I moved SBS 2003 to more powerful hardware by way of
>   Microsoft's migration procedure.  All went well except for the following:
>   When I removed the old SBS from the network, I began getting errors in my
>   file replication log on the new server complaining that it had a journal wrap
>   error (event ID 13568) and could not read from the NTFS USN journal on the
>   other server.  Well the error is correct because the old server was removed
>   and no longer exists.  I made an assumption that Microsoft's recommended
>   method for migrating SBS 2003 to new hardware would deal with any replication
>   issues when the domain data was transferred, but it did not and the new
>   server has been looking for the old one ever since.
>
>   For the past two years, the SBS 2003 server has been running tip top and has
>   experienced few issues.  We now plan to migrate to SBS 2008 to take advantage
>   of the newer technologies, and this journal wrap error has become important
>   again.  I have researched the web for days looking for a solution to my
>   particular situation and cannot find anything that makes sense for this
>   particular problem.  All of the solutions, ideas, posts, KB articles, etc...
>   that I have been looking at are solutions and ideas for restoring replication
>   between two or more partners.  While these solutions and ideas are talking
>   about the same error message that I am seeing on my server, I have to assume
>   that they don't apply to me becasue there is no location on my network to
>   replicate with.
>   How can I resolve the NTFRS errors I am seeing with no replication partner
>   available?  It is important that I resolve this before we migrate.  All
>   solutions I have seen say that the server will be removed from the
>   replication set and then re-added to it which is impossible due to the old
>   server being gone.
>
>   Thank you in advance!

Thanks, please forgive my ignorance, but I am very nervous to do this as it
doesn't appear to fit my situation.  Do you have any more detail you can
offer me about why this will do the trick in my situation??  The "solution"
in the event log removes the server from the replication set and then re-adds
it.  Is this OK because I only have a single DC?
I am also reading way too many posts online about how this procedure harms
the SYSVOL folder and removes data from it.  If I can get a clear explanation
of how to perform this procedure making sure it wont harm my SYSVOL as well
as stop the replication set from trying over nad over to reach my old server,
I will be happy.

"Susan Bradley" wrote:

> JNelsonCPath wrote:
> > I apologize ahead of time if this question was already discussed, I realize
> > it is an older topic, but I couldn't find my particular "offshoot" of the
> > issue so decided to post a question.
> >
> > Here is the history of the problem.  I have an SBS 2003 Standard domain.
> > Two years ago, I moved SBS 2003 to more powerful hardware by way of
> > Microsoft's migration procedure.  All went well except for the following:
> > When I removed the old SBS from the network, I began getting errors in my
> > file replication log on the new server complaining that it had a journal wrap
> > error (event ID 13568) and could not read from the NTFS USN journal on the
> > other server.  Well the error is correct because the old server was removed
> > and no longer exists.  I made an assumption that Microsoft's recommended
> > method for migrating SBS 2003 to new hardware would deal with any replication
> > issues when the domain data was transferred, but it did not and the new
> > server has been looking for the old one ever since.
> >
> > For the past two years, the SBS 2003 server has been running tip top and has
> > experienced few issues.  We now plan to migrate to SBS 2008 to take advantage
> > of the newer technologies, and this journal wrap error has become important
> > again.  I have researched the web for days looking for a solution to my
> > particular situation and cannot find anything that makes sense for this
> > particular problem.  All of the solutions, ideas, posts, KB articles, etc...
> > that I have been looking at are solutions and ideas for restoring replication
> > between two or more partners.  While these solutions and ideas are talking
> > about the same error message that I am seeing on my server, I have to assume
> > that they don't apply to me becasue there is no location on my network to
> > replicate with.
> > How can I resolve the NTFRS errors I am seeing with no replication partner
> > available?  It is important that I resolve this before we migrate.  All
> > solutions I have seen say that the server will be removed from the
> > replication set and then re-added to it which is impossible due to the old
> > server being gone.
> >
> > Thank you in advance!
> >

> See the error message in the event logs?
> Read it.
> See what it says to do? See how it says to add an reg key?
> Do it.
> It's that easy.
> .

Copy the event log error and paste it here.

I'll the explain what it's saying and what it's going to do.

This is one of those times you have to stop reading all of those posts.
We're not them.  We don't have a second DC.  We're SBS and it picks it
up from the copy of the sysvol.

You perform the procedure by sticking the reg key in exactly as it says
and you let AD fix itself up.

JNelsonCPath wrote:
> [...]
>>> that I have been looking at are solutions and ideas for restoring replication
>>> between two or more partners.  While these solutions and ideas are talking
>>> about the same error message that I am seeing on my server, I have to assume
>>> that they don't apply to me becasue there is no location on my network to
>>> replicate with.
>>> How can I resolve the NTFRS errors I am seeing with no replication partner
>>> available?  It is important that I resolve this before we migrate.  All
>>> solutions I have seen say that the server will be removed from the
>>> replication set and then re-added to it which is impossible due to the old
>>> server being gone.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance!
>>>

>> See the error message in the event logs?
>> Read it.
>> See what it says to do? See how it says to add an reg key?

0
Susan
5/5/2010 9:41:28 PM
OK thank you.  I will post the error when I get to the office.
I became nervous about following this procedure after finding this... Not
100% sure, but it appears to have been written by you.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/26/fixing-a-little-bit-of-journal-wrap.aspx
And This...
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/27/help-i-ve-lost-my-sysvol-and-can-t-get-up.aspx
Sorry for my confusion.

"Susan Bradley" wrote:

> Copy the event log error and paste it here.
>
> I'll the explain what it's saying and what it's going to do.
>
> This is one of those times you have to stop reading all of those posts.
> We're not them.  We don't have a second DC.  We're SBS and it picks it
> up from the copy of the sysvol.
>
> You perform the procedure by sticking the reg key in exactly as it says
> and you let AD fix itself up.
>

> JNelsonCPath wrote:
> > Thanks, please forgive my ignorance, but I am very nervous to do this as it
> > doesn't appear to fit my situation.  Do you have any more detail you can
> > offer me about why this will do the trick in my situation??  The "solution"
> > in the event log removes the server from the replication set and then re-adds
> > it.  Is this OK because I only have a single DC?
> > I am also reading way too many posts online about how this procedure harms
> > the SYSVOL folder and removes data from it.  If I can get a clear explanation
> > of how to perform this procedure making sure it wont harm my SYSVOL as well
> > as stop the replication set from trying over nad over to reach my old server,
> > I will be happy.

> >> See the error message in the event logs?
> >> Read it.
> >> See what it says to do? See how it says to add an reg key?
> >> Do it.
> >> It's that easy.
> >> .
> >>

> .

Yup that's me.  If the one burflags value doesn't work you do the other one.
JNelsonCPath wrote:
> OK thank you.  I will post the error when I get to the office.
> I became nervous about following this procedure after finding this... Not
> 100% sure, but it appears to have been written by you.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/26/fixing-a-little-bit-of-journal-wrap.aspx
> And This...
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/27/help-i-ve-lost-my-sysvol-and-can-t-get-up.aspx
> Sorry for my confusion.
>
> "Susan Bradley" wrote:
>

>> Copy the event log error and paste it here.
>>
>> I'll the explain what it's saying and what it's going to do.
>>
>> This is one of those times you have to stop reading all of those posts.
>> We're not them.  We don't have a second DC.  We're SBS and it picks it
>> up from the copy of the sysvol.
>>
>> You perform the procedure by sticking the reg key in exactly as it says
>> and you let AD fix itself up.
>>

>> JNelsonCPath wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, please forgive my ignorance, but I am very nervous to do this as it
>>> doesn't appear to fit my situation.  Do you have any more detail you can
>>> offer me about why this will do the trick in my situation??  The "solution"
>>> in the event log removes the server from the replication set and then re-adds
>>> it.  Is this OK because I only have a single DC?
>>> I am also reading way too many posts online about how this procedure harms
>>> the SYSVOL folder and removes data from it.  If I can get a clear explanation
>>> of how to perform this procedure making sure it wont harm my SYSVOL as well
>>> as stop the replication set from trying over nad over to reach my old server,
>>> I will be happy.

>> .

0
Susan
5/6/2010 3:35:48 PM
So are you now telling me to skip the event ID procedure and do the burflags
procedure??

"Susan Bradley" wrote:

> Yup that's me.  If the one burflags value doesn't work you do the other one.
> JNelsonCPath wrote:
> > OK thank you.  I will post the error when I get to the office.
> > I became nervous about following this procedure after finding this... Not
> > 100% sure, but it appears to have been written by you.
> > http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/26/fixing-a-little-bit-of-journal-wrap.aspx
> > And This...
> > http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/27/help-i-ve-lost-my-sysvol-and-can-t-get-up.aspx
> > Sorry for my confusion.
> >
> > "Susan Bradley" wrote:
> >

> >> Copy the event log error and paste it here.
> >>
> >> I'll the explain what it's saying and what it's going to do.
> >>
> >> This is one of those times you have to stop reading all of those posts.
> >> We're not them.  We don't have a second DC.  We're SBS and it picks it
> >> up from the copy of the sysvol.
> >>
> >> You perform the procedure by sticking the reg key in exactly as it says
> >> and you let AD fix itself up.

> >> .
> >>

> .

I would recommend you attempt to fix the journal wrap error on the
server by setting the Burflags registry entry to D4, and restart NTFRS
service (and not set the "Enable Journal Wrap Automatic Restore"
registry parameter").

Backup your server first.

Do the procedure.  The check the SYSVOL share and Event Logs.

--
Duncan.

In article <228237DB-01D0-4264-9E88-90E77FE51E13@microsoft.com>,
JNelsonCPath@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> So are you now telling me to skip the event ID procedure and do the burflags
> procedure??
>
> "Susan Bradley" wrote:
>
> > Yup that's me.  If the one burflags value doesn't work you do the other one.
> > JNelsonCPath wrote:
> > > OK thank you.  I will post the error when I get to the office.
> > > I became nervous about following this procedure after finding this... Not
> > > 100% sure, but it appears to have been written by you.
> > > http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/26/fixing-a-little-bit-of-journal-wrap.aspx
> > > And This...
> > > http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/27/help-i-ve-lost-my-sysvol-and-can-t-get-up.aspx
> > > Sorry for my confusion.

> > .

0
Duncan
5/6/2010 9:38:58 PM
They should be one and the same.

What does the event log error say.  It gives you the exact steps of what
to do in the event log error.

JNelsonCPath wrote:
> So are you now telling me to skip the event ID procedure and do the burflags
> procedure??
>
> "Susan Bradley" wrote:
>

>> Yup that's me.  If the one burflags value doesn't work you do the other one.
>> JNelsonCPath wrote:
>>
>>> OK thank you.  I will post the error when I get to the office.
>>> I became nervous about following this procedure after finding this... Not
>>> 100% sure, but it appears to have been written by you.
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/26/fixing-a-little-bit-of-journal-wrap.aspx
>>> And This...
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2007/12/27/help-i-ve-lost-my-sysvol-and-can-t-get-up.aspx
>>> Sorry for my confusion.

>> .

0
Susan

Error Code 9370001 (KB947821) Windows Update
Hi Guys Can anyone help me please with this problem? When running Windows Update it detects a particular update called System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB947821) September 2009. As soon as I try to install it, it keeps coming up with a Error found: Code 9370001. It's really annoying. Help much appreciated. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista 64-bit SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. > ...it keeps coming up with a Error found: Code 9370001 Double-check that...

Mobile 1.2 Registration error
hey all i'm getting this error: [CMP]rdaMsgBusErrorTrace[LVL]0 [EVT]0 [TXT]Exception details: Message: SqlCeException SQL CE Exception Error Code: 80072F06 Message: Minor Err: 28037 Source: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition Exception Contents: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException.SqlCeException i can access https://crmserver/ssCERDA and https://crmserver/CRMMobileSubscription fine, so i dont know why this is failing any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_26AE9586 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi- Error 28037 means that a request to send data to t...

dissapearing spreadsheet- excel 2003
Something awful has happened. I just finished a massive spreadsheet down to the last detail. Everything balanced out, it was perfect. I was ready to print the final draft. I wanted to take out the grid lines and the a-z and 123.. borders so I was looking at various commands on the tool bar. I got to the "insert' heading and clicked on "worksheet" to see what it was. Everything is now gone....... I am sick. Please tell me how to get the spreadsheet back. I have tried to open the one I want from the saved files but nothing but a blank worksheet comes up. While looking thru t...

Publisher 2003 Catologue Merge
http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/ Here is a real winner that popped up today on www.nonags.com This is the perfect tool for the Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. This program will automatically list all the picture files in a folder to use with a Publisher 2003 Catalogue Merge. Does exactly what you want, has all the options you need, including sort, file extension you want etc. etc. Just a magic little program with all the needs and requirements. It will be so easy for users just to copy the path information to their database/CSV file whatever - simple I think if I sat down a...

Archiving the Outlook 2003 Calendar
My archive utility seems to be only working sporadically. When I attempt to archive my calendar, sometimes it works and I get a .pst file that is 2,000 kb (+). At other times it creates a .pst file that is only 265 kb in size and contains on data. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I'm asking that it archive items older than the current date (but I've also tried archiving items older than yesterday and had similar results). Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

Outlook 2003 hangs when downloading POP3 messages

Run-time Error 5 "Invalid Procedure Call or Argument"
I have been having a recurring problem with this error, which is occurring on several lines of code in serveral databases at work. What is most strange is that the code always runs without error on my computer, but it does on other ones. Now it’s popping up on our brand new laptop for a new database I’ve recently created which again, has been working perfectly on my computer. We have done numerous comparisons between the other computers and mine – same versions of Access, same service pack updates, (2003 SP3) same version of Visual Basic, same Library References, same version ...

Exchange 2003 OWA #3
I am having a problem receiving certin attachments using Outlook web access 2003 ( owa ) I Can receive .zip , .pdf , and even .rar files with no problems... how ever when i receive an Microsoft Access file ( .mdb ) it says " Access to the following potentially unsafe attachments has been blocked: Filename.mdb" This is also happening when I try to receive a .xml file. I have been searching all over for info on this and can't find any... any help here would be greatly appreciated... Our server setup just incase you need it is... Win 2k server running exchange ...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Excel 2003 Slow
Have any other users of Excel 2003 found it really slow when entering data into cells. I know 2 others users who have the same problem and we are being slowly driven mad with frustration. Is there some option we can deselect somewhere that will speed things up? No comments have come in about this, so I don't know how many others have the same problem I wrote about below a few days ago. However I have found a way round it - to uninstall Excel 2003 and install Excel XP instead. Now I can enter data in cells at my usual speed. I'd still really like to know what causes the slowness ...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

MessageBox Error
hello. When i try to get a message from a variable information i get this message error C2664: 'MessageBoxA' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int' to 'const char *' here is part of my code int PointsNumber(0); MessageBox(PointsNumber, "Information"); thanks for your help What the hell is PointsNumber() ? Just do it like this: int iNumber=666; CString s; s.Format("The number is: %d",iNumber); MessageBox(s); And it will look like this: The number is: 666 Well, it means that it cannot convert parameter 1 from an int to a const c...

Outlook and Office 2003
Outlook hangs when trying to attach files via the paperclip icon and excel and word hang when moving up through the directory structure while I am trying to "open" or "save as". Has anyone come across these problems and are there any fixes/work arounds? I really don't want to reinstall 2000! Thanks Ian Is this from local or network drives? If network drives, pure Microsoft world or are you living in a mixed world of Novell, Unix, .etc and Microsoft? FWIW, I've seen Microsoft Office applications hang in the file open/save dialog and living in a Novell/Mic...

Unable to add an e-mail address to an existing contact in Outlook 2003
When I try to add an address to one of my contacts it dissapears as soon as I enter it and tab to the next field. I've tried "enter" too. I've tried detect and repair, I've looked in newsgroups for a similar problem, but I'm not seeing it. Any help out there for this problem? Thanks, Eric Where are you trying to add it in the contact record? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Eric Feinstein <erc1@nospamhotmail.com> asked: | When I try to a...

Error mapping Contact field to Opportunity Customer field
We have created a custom entity called Property. This entity has a many to one relationship to the Contact entity so that one Contact can be associated with many Properties. The Property entity is also related one to many to Opportunity so that one property can be associated with many Opportunities. We are not using the Account entity in CRM and have therefore not granted any priveledges for the Account entity to any users. This way, the Account entity will not show up on users wonderbar, menus, lookups, etc. Having done this, Account is removed from being one of the record type opt...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

Tidying up 5.5 pre 2003?
OK I'm going to spend some time tomorrow tidying up our 5.5 directory ready for when I start migrating us to 2003. So far I'm planning on: Getting rid of all old/unnecessary mailboxes (duh!) Setting all resource mailboxes to no Primary NT account, users have access via the permissions tab (assuming ADC will create disabled domain account). Setting ex-employee mailboxes so that their already disabled domain account is the primary account, again their manager has access via the permissions tab. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? TIA, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net Pau...

Ms Outlook 2003 #5
Hi. I have Vista Home Edition. I am trying to set up my mail accounts with Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Vista. When I put all the details and I test the setting it asks me to verify the E mail address. I know its correct as it works ok in Windows mail Is Outlook 2003 able to work in Vista or do I have a setting wrong??? Outlook 2003 works fine in Windows Vista. Did you check your email = address as suggested? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =...

Journal calendar items?
I'm using envelope journaling and it's working very well; however, I'd like to know if I can also capture calendar events in the journal. Thanks, D On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:17:27 -0800, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using envelope journaling and it's working very well; however, I'd like >to know if I can also capture calendar events in the journal. >Thanks, >D Only the send them as an email. ...

Migrating AD Back to SBS
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone. Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch. Thanks, Chris There is an official MS document for adding SBS 2003 to a Server 2003 domain, but...

MSN messenger and Exchange 2003
Hi, Is it possible to use MSN messenger connect to Exchange 2003, so that staffs can talk to each other witin the Exchange 2003 environment ? If it's possible, how exactly can that be done ? I am trying to find some step by step doco but with no luck so far... Is this setup recommended or it's something that better to avoid ? TIA Steven You can do it with Exchange 2000, but microsoft have shifted it to Live communication server fro 2003. Its like an internal msn. "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eSL4s6uJGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

Error Outlook 2000
Expensive gentlemen,=20 I come for this way to request support mainly technician=20 due to a set of errors that have come to occur, with=20 programs of the Office, nominated the Microsoft Outlook=20 2000 and Microsoft Word 2000. Error in the Microsoft Outlook 2000:=20 The Error for the Microsoft Outlook 2000: 1.=BA - Always=20 that I open Outlook 2000, the message appears immediately=20 the following message: Error Outlook.exe has generated and=20 will beand will be closed by Windows. You will need you=20 restart the program. Error An log is being created.=20 Computer:=20 LapTop Marca:Comp...

Outlook 2003 won't shutdown
On one users computer I can't get Outlook 2003 to shutdown completely. After closing the app the icon stays in the taskbar and won't go away. When you try and right click on the icon you get nothing and when you double left click it pops up a baloon that reads... Outlook is not rsponding. If your are using and Exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area, and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. After this the only way to close it is to go into Task Manager and end task out the OUTLO...

Office pro 2003
Office pro 2003 - Works 2004, Publisher 2003, Plus! Digital Media Ed OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 (c) MICROSOFT [5 CDs] CD1=OFFICE 11 CD2=FRONTPAGE 2003 CD3=VISIO 2003 PRO CD4=PROJECT 2003 PRO CD5=ONENOTE 2003 SN: OFFICE11: GWH28-DGCMP-P6RC4-6J4MT-3HFDY SN: for REST: WFDWY-XQXJF-RHRYG-BG7RQ-BBDHM Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 Microsoft Works Suite 2004 [5 cdS] SN:QTXM8-56C9R-XQPRT-CTJJ8-PPGGD Plus! Digital Media Edition (c) Microsoft 12 337 we will help You to find any software which need Yo...