restriction for remote web user/remote desktop user

Is there any settings on SBS03 that allows us to manage which
user/computer/ip address can connect to SBS03 network from remote site, as we
would like only certain users from certain computers be able to connect on
certain time remotely. If it can not be done then what would be the solution.

Thank you.

Jack2 wrote:

>Is there any settings on SBS03 that allows us to manage which
>user/computer/ip address can connect to SBS03 network from remote site, as
>we
>would like only certain users from certain computers be able to connect on
>certain time remotely. If it can not be done then what would be the
>solution.

You really need a good firewall to be able to do this (such as ISA2004 on
SBS2003 Premium).

If you've got some noddy SOHO firewall, and SBS2003 Standard, the best
option is likely just to remove user accounts from the Remote Web
Workplace Users group and control access that way (on a blanket basis).

--
Steve Foster
------------

--
Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]
MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC

"Jack2" <Jack2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any settings on SBS03 that allows us to manage which
> user/computer/ip address can connect to SBS03 network from remote site, as
> we
> would like only certain users from certain computers be able to connect on
> certain time remotely. If it can not be done then what would be the
> solution.
>
> Thank you.

0
Russ

Replicating mail from a primary server to a remote server.
a. We have a primary central site which is a 2003 domain b. We also have a remote site and they use an NT domain. c. Both sites are connected via a 2mb kilostream line. d. The internet DIA is connected to the primary domain (therefore MX records will come in the primary exchange server). I need to find a solution that will enable the remote users to access their e-mail via primary domain. What we would like to do (if possible) is:. a. Install a primary site domain controller at remote site and create a trust between domains.(to cut down authentication traffic over the link) b. Install ...

Ex2K
How do we determine who are currently logged on to Exchange 2000 server? Thanks in advance. Kind of ambiguous question....to the console, or via MAPI? You can download ExMon, which will show users mapi sessions...http://www.msexchange.org/ExchangeNews/April-2005-Exmon-Tool-Released.html "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23juh2L4TGHA.5496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do we determine who are currently logged on to Exchange 2000 server? > > Thanks in advance. > On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:38:50 -0600, "C C" <someone@atsbcglo...

Outlook Web
I have a question I was hoping someone might be able to anwer for me. I have 3 computers all running Windows Server 2003. Computer 1 is my DC and acting as my web server. Computer 2 is my SQL Server. Computer 3 I have as my Exchange Server. Now, since my web server is running on COmputer 1, how can I use the functionality of Outlook Web if port 80 is already being forwarded to Computer 1 for my website? Is there some type of configuration that can take place on Computer 1 so it will allow Outlook Web to go to COmputer 3? I hope this is not confusing and any input would be greatly apprec...

hiding users from the global address list
When trying to hide a user from the global address list in Exchange 2003, the user is still visible in the global address list. Is there an area that needs to be configured that will hide the user immediately from the global address list? Thanks.... Are the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode, therefore an address book rebuild/download is required? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JohnnyG" <JohnnyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795C4BC5-F35A-4820-B395-48C008EF6BC4@microsoft.co...

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Non Domain Users in CRM??
Is it possible to have non domain users in CRM? The reason i ask, is because we just went to an Active Directory Domain last March, and made the change from Novell and Lotus Notes, to AD and Exchange. I have allot of users who arent actually using the domain, and log into thier local machine. they have accounts in the AD for Exchange, and other stuff, but they will not want to be forced over to the daomain for this program.... any ideas? Rodney yes, all of them have domain accounts. We use Exchange, and they need it for that, as well as other network security. Rodney Alistaird @ ...

Publishing the web page
I did see few articles about this, however when i say publish to the web it is trying to save on my computer itself, so what is wrong how do I change this? Thanks ...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

how do I set up outlook for multiple users on 1 computer?
I have recently switched over to cox high speed from Aol. I am now using Outlook for retreiving email, calendar, etc... This is a family computer and others would like to use it to do the same. How would I configure Outlook to accomodate all of the users of this computer? We can't tell you until you tell us what version of Outlook you are using. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

query to pull DL's which a user manages
Hello, Please let me know if we have a query to pull the list of the managed DL's for a user. I tried to run a saved query in AD but it doesn't show me any output. THanks-- Vinod Kumar Vinod <Vinod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please let me know if we have a query to pull the list of the managed DL's >for a user. >I tried to run a saved query in AD but it doesn't show me any output. Why not just use ADUC? Pick "Find", then the "Exchange" tab and select "Groups" and then the "Advanced" tab and search for "...

win 7 new to accounts help
win 7 new to accounts help - How to Fix the Error The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded. Greg Buell here inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com please send email As I can not login to any user accounts get this error at the top Found this fix below but not experienced to do it... does anyone have a script I can run? Got into this mess by trying to copy my admin to user defautl I had 55 megs of setting in admin and as a 1st time user of win 7 and accounts I had no idea my user accounts would have nothing after I spent 40 hours setting up the...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

RMS 2.0 SP2 "does not enable remote access"
In the Microsoft article "How Microsoft Dynamics RMS can help with PCI compliance", there is a single mention of "Microsoft Dynamics RMS does not enable remote access". Unfortunately, the article doesn't explain exactly what this means. Does this mean after installing RMS SP2 that I won't be able to administer our Server remotely? Or is RMS itself somehow restricted? Or the POS's? I'm sorry Microsoft--this sentence raises more questions that it explains. thanks, randy This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_027A_01C8D...

Stop users from sending or receing external mail.
I have a group of users in there own OU that I wont to restrict from receiving and sending External Email., but I want them to be able to send and receive internal OK. any ideas on how to do this in Exchange 2003. see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lion" <Lion@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#1EyVE0MGHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a group of users in there own OU that I wont to restrict from > receiving and sending External Email., but I want them to be able to send > and receive internal OK. any ideas...

Accessing a file from a Web Server
Cannot access a file from a web server in various releases of Excel. KB151064 for Excel97 states that SR 2 is required. But, I cannot find any information for later releases of Excel. We have users with various versions of Windows and Excel and IE. Can anyone tell me what is required to be able to access a file from a web server? Thanks, Mary Kay ...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

How to assign 2 email domains to a user without using recipient po
We have some unique users in our environment who require a secondary email domain address other than what everybody else uses. For example everybody uses @xyz.org as the email address suffix, but we would also like to see if it is possible to assign a secondary email address domain (@abc.org) to a small number of users without adding abc.org in the recipient policy, so that these users can recieve emails addressed to either domain suffix in their mailbox. In this case, if this is possible we would add the other email address in the users's email address tab in ESM. By the way this w...

Remote assistance doesn't work
Hi There, Not sure if this post should have been here or under messenger but no doubt I will be told if I've posted wrongly! I have tried and tried and nothing seems to work. I'm trying to setup remote assistance to help my aging parents but I can't even get the two machines at my own home to talk to each other! Here is what happens: I send a message via Messenger for help, it comes up on the other machine on messenger and I accept. I then I get "remote assistance disconnected please try again' I'm using messenger as this is easy for my parents to ...

Re-import Published Web
I was curious about Publisher 2003 functionality. So I started fooling around with it. I created a website (kind of) in a few hours time that I will be constantly updating since the text in it are things I was blurting out at the time. It is http://drohr.000k.net So, as you can see I have a Publisher 2003 web site. Now, my desktop systems motherboard screwed up (bad ASIC chip) and I need a new one. OK. I am on my laptop for a while. My Publisher file (.pub) is on a SCSI hard drive that I cannot acces now or for a while. I "published" my site, which create an 'index.htm&#...

Insufficient authorization to perform this action error on Web Ser
Hi, I am very new and very green when it comes to Dynamics GP. Currently I am trying to build soap messages within SoapUI to send to my Dynamics GP Web Service to see what I need verses what I get back. The long term goal being to reproduce this work in a LiveCycle form. What I am trying to do first is to perform a simple GetCompanyList call. I've tried compiling the included sample code in the SDK and I've built a soap request message in SoapUI in response message I get "Insufficient authorization to perform this action." Now I have created a special "WebSer...

Get all mails by one user
In Exchange 2003, how can I set user1@domain.com to get all incoming mails for all other user's accounts. regards, Adil adil@informit.com.pk Adil, I don't think you can do that with Exchange alone. Try writing a small script in VB and register it as a Exchange sink. Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315631 PM Adil Akram wrote: > In Exchange 2003, how can I set user1@domain.com to get all incoming mails > for all other user's accounts. > > regards, > Adil > adil@informit.com.pk > > Not easily. You could make the AD ...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...