Migration Wizard

Help!

I get "Windows SBS 2008 Migration Wizard has stopped working"
Problem details are
  Stopped working
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: migrationwizard.exe

When trying to run Mig Wizard on new SBS2008 Server from 2003.  Everything
else looks OK - email flow, mailboxes, etc.

Other tasks in SBS Console run OK.  Not sure what is in the Mig Wiz so just
want make sure I do everything required!

Any ideas much appreciated

Hello Neil,

Thanks for your post.

If you are using the built-in Administrator account, please log off and log on with another account that has net administrator privileges. Then locate to "C:\Program Files
\Windows Small Business Server\Bin\" folder and run the "MigrationWizard.exe" program manually. Does this issue still occur?

If issue still occurs, check for the migrationtask.xml file under C:\program files\Windows small business server\data and the MigrationWizard log under C:\program files
\Windows small business server\Log to see if you can find more information recorded.

This issue is ofen caused by FSMO role seizure failure. So, please look at Event log and see if there is any AD or FSMO errors there. If there are too many errors, we might
need to start the migration again.

More related information:

SBS 2008 Migrations from SBS 2003 - Keys to Success
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/02/19/sbs-2008-migrations-from-sbs-2003-keys-to-success.aspx

Run the Migration Wizard
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc546030(WS.10).aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx

CRM data migration 10-13-04
Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables "manually". Thanks, Matt Matt wrote: > Is there an easy way to migrate data from one CRM server to another? > > I have looked through the Data Migration toolkit, but it seems to be geared > more towards migrating Goldmine/Act/etc to CRM, by populating the cdf tables > "manually". > > Thanks, > Matt You need to use Redeployme...

migration VC6 studio 2008
Bonjour, ma question est dans l'obet. Y a t il des pr�cautions particulieres en passant de visual C++ 6.0 (un peu ancien mais encore assez l�ger) vers visual studio 2008. Y a t il un interet pour moi de migrer, sachant que je travaille plutot en C++. Je fais aussi du PHP, je crois que l'�diteur VS 2008 permet de le g�rer, mais je ne sais pas s'il g�re les classes, le debugger, pour faire r�ellement du d�veloppement et non pas uniquement du codage. Merci de vos opinions Jeff On May 2, 5:02 am, "J-F Portala" <jfport...@free.fr> wrote: > Bonjour, > &...

Migrating appointments to CRM 3 through the cdf database
I have been looking form the cdf_appointment entity in the cdf database, but there isn't one. How could I migrate the appointments to CRM 3 using the data migration pack? Thanks, Renato Lima RM Sistemas ...

5.5 to 2003 migration failed.
I migrated from 5.5 to 2003 I followed the directions in the "Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide" I set up the connection and suposedly the public folder migration. I let it sit like that for about a month. Well now I finally turned of the 5.5 server and my public folders are no longer accessable. The folder tree shows up in outlook but I get the error unable to display when accessing them. I turned the 5.5 server back on and they are back. What did I miss? It sounds like the hierarchy is there (via pfmigrate, I assume), but no content. Try forcing the replication of each folde...

CRM 4.0 Data Migration Manager
Hi I have an accounts csv file with account number (from old system), account name address etc. I also have a contacts file which has the account number, contact name etc. There are a lot of accounts with exctly the same name but different number and details. I want to use the crm 4.0 data migration manager to import these and link the contacts to the accounts. Have tried a few times and i keep getting the error saying - duplicate reference could not be resolved. How do i go about this please? I would relaly appreciate some guidance.. Cheers Snow White Hi, I've had a similar si...

Exchange 2000/2003 Migration DST Question....
Our organization chose to install a new Exchange 2003 Server to replace our existing Exchange 2000 Server. My question is, if I migrate the mailboxes from the unpatched Exchange 2000 Server to the new patched Exchange 2003 Server, do I still need to run the Outlook tool to update the users' calendars?? Thanks in advance for any help.... On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:53:26 -0500, Mark Greene <notvalid@nowhere.com> wrote: > >Our organization chose to install a new Exchange 2003 Server to >replace our existing Exchange 2000 Server. My question is, if I >migrate the mailboxes ...

Migration from 5.5 to 2003
We are at the final stretch in migrating from 5.5 to 2003. We had 1 Ex 5.5 Site in which we installed Ex 2003 server into. One site with both 5.5 and 2003 server. All mailboxes moved to 2003. All public folders replicated to 2003. System folders (Offline address book, schedule plus, forms) replicated to 2003. When client is pulling OAB, clients are getting the version generated by 5.5. How do I make the client pull the OAB generated by 2003? 2003 exchange server is generating OAB as well as 5.5. Thanks. By the way, both 5.5 and 2003 are online. joeschmit...@yahoo.com wrote: >...

How to migrate from the US Money 2002 version
How can I migrate from the US Money 2002 version to an International, English Money version? I am an user of the US version since 1998. I bought the product in the US. I am living in Europe and each time I want to upgrade to a new version I have this problem: the version I can easily buy are incompatible with my current Money file... Is there a migration solution? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luis Sousa wrote: >How can I migrate from the US Money 2002 version to an >International, English Money version? > >I am an user of the US version since 1998. I bought the >...

Query Wizard not returning data
I created a Query in Query Wizard to pull data from a SQL database and return the data to and Excel spreadsheet. I had been using this Excel spreadsheet regularly without hitch or glitch for 7 months until I updated from SQL 7.0 to SQL 2000, and something went terribly wrong In the Excel spreadsheet, when I right click refresh data, the data does not update. When I go into the Query Wizard, the query will update but will not return to the Excel spreadsheet. I recreated the entire query from scratch in a new workbook and still had the same problems. I have a boat load of RAM and have chec...

"an ordering wizard for RX eye wear"
Please email back to me at optitools2@aol.com. I am looking for an ordering wizard for my on line optical shop. It has to be capable of ordering frame, lenses, lens options, ENTERING RX INFORMATION, and accessories and has to be capable of being integrated into my store software. P.O'BRIEN ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
I use the Swing Server method - a new server is installed. I have Windows 2003 server installed to the same domain, and Exchange 2003 joined to the same Site. Everything seems ok. I create a new user, and then move the mailbox from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 server. Log on to a workstation with the new user, try to send a email, "operation failed", or try a create a calender items, "no permission". Can anyone knows what 's the problem. Help! Help! Help! Further finidngs: Any new user account that has set the mailbox to the new Exchange 2003 Server has no pe...

Database Export Wizard Problem
Hi! I am trying to link a shape in an existing drawing to data base, i.e. an Excel File. I do: Tools->Add Ons->Viso Extras->Database Wizard Next Select "Link shapes to database records" Next Select "Shape(s) in a drawing" Next Select a Shape Next Select "Excel Files" Next Select an Excel File Now, I get a box in which I am forced to choose a "table". But the selection list shown is empty. When I try to create a "table" (whereas it is unclear how the field I define relate to the shape I am going to link to the external DB), I get...

Wizard description problem after Rollup2(CRM 4.0)
Who know why after installation Rollup2 part description quick campaign wizard was changed to different language than standard installation. And How can repair this... Jag, Check what language you have setup on your personal options. CRM -> Tools -> Options -> Languages tab Peter Gernburd "jag" <jag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E935F370-7E49-4748-A26F-A97F049414D4@microsoft.com... > Who know why after installation Rollup2 part description quick campaign > wizard was changed to different language than standard installation. And > H...

I accidentally bypassed the startup wizard for Outlook. How do I .
I accidentally opened Outlook for the first time, when I really wanted to get into another program. So I tried to close all the Outlook windows, including the startup wizard. Now when I enter Outlook again, and want to configure it, I can't get the wizard anymore. How do I get the startup wizard back? If you running Outlook 2003 do the following: Start-run and type; "outlook /firstrun" without the quotes Cheers "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F780320-E355-49D4-BF3F-34E90C5C5A73@microsoft.com... >I accidentally opened Outl...

Excel Text import wizard
Hello, When you open up a .txt file in Excel, this starts up the Text import wizard. On the second screen of the wizard, you get a set of delimiters to choose from - Tab being the default. I have two people in which this is in fact set to Comma delimited by default. Any ideas how to change the actual default setting? (They want to get back to Tab delimited permanently!). This is Excel2002 running on XP Professional, without SP2. Cheers Mark Look if they have different regional settings in windows>start> control panel -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Kate" <kate.a.tur...

Rules wizard does not work in Outlook XP
I keep getting the error that the extend.dat file does not have permission to be accessed. It has permissions set correctly, and renaming the file and restarting outlook does not fix the problem. Nothing seems to be amiss in the registry. The rules wizard is not functioning. You push the button, and it does nothing. The same result occurs when you access the wizard through submenus. The add in manager cannot add new files. It lets you select them from the list, but when you click on the open button it does not allow anything to be added. The entire office suite has been uninst...

Mixing ATL and MFC code in a Visual C++ ATL Wizard project
Hi everybody, I have a Visual C++ 6 project created using the ATL Wizard option, in which I defined a number of ATL classes that work fine. I tried to add an MFC class with Automation enabled but the wizard failed because if could not find the line //{{AFX_APPEND_ODL}} in the project.odl file. The fact is that an ATL project doesn't even have an odl file, instead it has an idl file. Is there any workaround that would allow me to mix ATL and MFC classes? Thanks, Adrian Try these: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173974 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

Migrate AFA report to FRx
Hi, I was trying to migrating a AFA(Advanced Financial Analysis) P&L report into FRx. A Row type was designated as Net Profit. How to achieve the same in FRx. Thanks in Advance, Arun. Hi Arun, There is no automatic net profit calculation row available in FRx like AFA you need to obtain it by formula calculation in FRx last row. All the best. -- Developer "Arun" wrote: > Hi, > > I was trying to migrating a AFA(Advanced Financial Analysis) P&L report into > FRx. A Row type was designated as Net Profit. How to achieve the sa...

Migration Path from Solomon to GP?
Does anyone know if there a known migration path from Solomon to GP 9.0 that's already tried and tested? I know SQL server levels and and customizations would have to be taken into account, but is there a recommended migration path already established for any of the recent releases? Thanks -- Angela Meek Business Analyst ------=_NextPart_0001_223FF903 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. We do not have a defined migration path for moving from Solomon to GP. The only option I can suggest is to somehow get the data out ...

Migration Question
Hello: Not quite clear on this topic. I have several users who own multiple mailboxes. I understand that fact that Exchagne 2003 can only match 1 user to 1 mailbox. Running the ADC wizard, it correctly identified these users and associated mailboxes. I marked the primaries as such and I assume the others will be marked resources. My question. Will these resource mailboxes be migrated and who will "own" them. How does this work? Ideally, I need the same users that own these to have access to them post migration with all mail intact. Thanks The ADC should create disabled a...

Migration from Norton to Kasperski
Since installing Kasperski antivirus 2010 my computer is acting strangely. My Windows securit alert is red, Kasperski is not working going in cricles with the its configuration wizard which prompts me to restart the computer, and this problem is still going on. Now a new thing has emerged, I am getting th efollowing error " Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available." How can I resolve this issue? Regards, Ahmad Wait for responses, but ...

DPM server migration
Hi, We have x2 AD forests; Source is win2000 and Target is win2003 domain. DPM 2007r2 currently resides on Source Forest. Eventually we will be moving the DPM server (along with all other servers) onto the 2003 forest. I am wondering what is going to happen to all the backup jobs that were backed up on the 2000 forest? For example if file server FS1.source.com moves to new domain and becomes FS1.target.com and data prior to migration requires to be restored onto FS1.target.com, will DPM simply allow this or is there some form of sid/guid check before restoration happens? Th...

Exchange Migration #2
Hello everybody. I'm not a exchange expert so please try to help me on this one. We've migrated Exchange 5.5 to the 2003 version successfully. Exchange 5.5 was running on a NT (BDC) machine with the latest service pack and we're using Windows server 2003 for the new exchenge server. Everything is working fine until I disconnect the NT machine. I can receive emails from the outside, but not the same when i'm trying to send one. when i connect the the NT back, all the emails reached its destination!, whats is wrong with my servers?? any help will be appreciated. Thanks in adva...