Migrating off of SBS 2000 to Windows 2008 standard /Exchange 2010

We have outgrown the SBS environment and are moving to an environment with
Windows 2008 std server running exchange 2010.

What is the best/easiest way to get 2000SBS out of the way? As I understand
it, I would bring in the 2008 server and configure as a member DC then seize
the FSMO roles and then shut down the SBS 2000 server. Is that about it
(excluding what I will have to do to migrate my exchange data - which I am
assuming I will have to do BEFORE I seize the FSMO roles...

What other gotcha'ya's might I expect??

Thanks, Brad

Exchange 2003 Send as Permissions
Hi, I am running a 2003 Exchange server. I set the 'send as' permission via the 'Permissions' (edit ACL) tab for User1 to send on behalf of User2. This then works for around 24 hours, at which point the permissions are removed. I assume that some type of maintenance routine is removing the relevant permissions, not sure why or how however! I know you can set the 'send on behalf of' setting but this displays the mail in a way that the recipient can tell who has really sent the mail - my customer does not want this! Any suggestions (sensible ones anyway) would be great...

why i always get blank window of my program???
when i click the program again after i move the mouse and click another program? my program is working on windows media encoding. Are you saying your application window is not painting correctly? Are you doing your painting in OnPaint? --- Ajay shenhua wrote: > when i click the program again after i move the mouse and click another > program? > > my program is working on windows media encoding. > shenhua: Most likely because you are not doing all your painting in OnPaint() or OnDraw(). When you need to change the display, call Invalidate() or InvalidateRect() on th...

migrate
How migrate server exchange 5.5 to another exchange server 5.5 with another site and organisation ...

Publisher 2000 #48
I am trying to write a book and the only thing close to what I am looking for in my Publisher program is the Catalog format. After I got everything the way I wanted and started, I got to page 8 and when I went back I noticed that everything I typed on page 6 had replaced what I put on page 2. Why is this and how do I fix it. When you do a booklet in 2000, you need to specify special fold, book fold, landscape in File, Page setup. You must be using the catalog wizard, you are going through a lot of needless trouble to setup a book. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "llowen...

Excel 2000 hangs on opening a large folder, every other time.
Client has a large folder with a lot of spreadsheets and subfolders: 3685 sheets in 172 subfolders. The top level folder and subfloders reside on a windows 2003 server. If, he opens excel 2000, and then does a file/open in the top level folder the first time, Excel hangs. The end result is a "not responding" from task manager. If he blows excel away and then restarts excel and does the fame file/open, the folder/file list inside the top level folder is presented immediately. Windows explorer has no problem opening the top level folder and displaying the subfolders undern...

Exchange, Win, AD 2000 to 2003 upgrade
I'm planning out the upgrade of a 2000 AD and Exchange 2000 all on separate W2k boxes (FE & BE config) to a fully AD/Win/Exch 2003 environment. I'm planning on the following steps: 1) Upgrade Exch 2000 FE to Exch 2003 FE 2) Upgrade Exch 2000 BE to Exch 2003 BE 3) Upgrade FE to Win 2003 4) Upgrade BE to Win 2003 5) Upgrade 2000 AD to 2003 I'm trying to figure out any advantages to doing the AD upgrade before or after the Exchange upgrades. I've seen it recommended to do it first, but it seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me. Can't find any tech doc th...

rules not migrated when migration to Exchange 2000

MS Outlook Calender issue
Unable to create an appointment. Receive Error:"The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator." ...

Windows class in a resource dll
Hi, I am using the technique described in knowledge base article Q251059 (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6wb9s9ah.aspx) to specify the windows class of my dialog based application. This works fine, until I try to move my dialog definition into a resource dll. I have tried to use the same code to change the windows class in Dllmain but I get the error 0x0000057F, ERROR_CANNOT_FIND_WND_CLASS, "Cannot find window class." thrown in AfxWinMain after InitInstance. Does anyone know how to specify the windows class of a dialog defined in a resource dll? I am using Visual...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

sender filtering on exchange 2003 server
i setup an exchange 2003 server to retreive it's e-mail from a provider's POP3 server for the time being due to the fact that the MX records haven't been changed yet. Now i enabled senderfiltering on my exchange server and it doesn't seem to work Question: Does this have anything to do with the pop3 mailbox of my provider or is there something else going on alltogether?? -- "Computers are useless, they can only give answers...." .. (Pablo Picasso) Obviously no one knows or nobody wants to help "Rik" wrote: > i setup an exchange 2003 server to re...

Exchange 2003 Startup Problems
Hello Got into the office this morning to find our exchange server not working. Getting these errors in the log file, the mailbox store won't startup. event id 455 - ESE Information Store (4888) First Storage Group: Error -1811 occurred while opening logfile D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\EXCHANGE.log\E0001E02.log. Also getting event id 9518 that the information store won't start up. Anyone have any ideas how to rectify this? The log file it's talking about doesn't exist on the machine, the last log file i have is E0001E00.log from 1.43am this morning. Thanks for you...

Migration to full 2003 exch and domain with badly named Directory
Hi I have an NT4 domain with Exch 5.5 on a BDC. The BDC is named in the format AA_BB, where the "_" character is not allowed under 2003. I understand how to rename the serveron the domain only, before upgrading the domain, but from the exchange point of view what do I do. do I have to exmerge everything and then exmerge back into a full exch 2003 fresh install do I create a new exch 2003 server on a different machine but same site as 5.5 and use the move mailbox util Ideally there would a utility I could run on the 5.5 server to rename the relevant properites prior to a...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Groupwise to Exchange Migration
I migrated my Groupwise account as a preliminary test, deleted all of the individual emails in the mailbox, and then started the migration for all users. During the migration (the 2nd time), all of my older emails did not migrate the 2nd time, although they did migrate the first time. Is there anything that I can do, or that needs to be done, to allow all of my past emails to be migrated again? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego ...

Excel 2000
I'm running Excel 2000 I'm trying to retrieve information from column 3 based on Column 2 Column 1 contains dates only - call it Day zero Column 2 gives the percentage change in an index for the next day following day zero column 3 gives the percentage the index has changed for day 2 following Day 1 For example the last row shows the index rose 8.31% at the end of the first day, then on the second day it fell 9.2% - so from day zero it fell just 0.89% to the end of the second day. I'm looking to answer the question - how many times in the most recent 10 occasions having a po...

MFC types not visible in WATCH window while debugging
I have this problem (and had it before on different machines); the MFC types are NOT VISIBLE in the WATCH window while debugging, the same for MFC types in the locals window. Watch DISPLAYS "Error: symbol "myMFCVar" not found" Local DISPLAYS "Error: syntax error" I recal it had to something to do with missing (?) files in the MFC directory (?), so I REINSTALLED my Developer Studio. It didn't help. Does anybody recall what exactly is missing and what I should copy from one of my collegues? Thanks, Joan This might be a long shot. Do you have the solutio...

OMA Security Exception
Please can someone help with this I believe the server updated itself from Windows Update by downloading a new version of the .net framework This has broken OMA which now gives the following error after logging in: Server Error in '/OMA' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level ...

Publisher 2000 #6
Is there a reader for Publisher Documents or a way to view Pub documents???? Thanx~ I don't think anything will open a pub file except Publisher. You could request the sender provides you with a converted copy with a pdf format. If you have a pub file that was created with Publisher 2000 or earlier, you could send it to me and I'll convert it to a pdf and return it. If it's a very large file it may have to be split into smaller files to overcome e-mail limitations. -- Don My real address is: dschmidtATpacifierDOTcom. "ROBERTO" <rmanzanares@cpcla.com> wr...

Exchange 2003 Statistics
How do you find out the number of emails your Exchange server processes per day? Senior administration loves these statistics but I don't know where to extract this information. Looking for the number of emails sent internally vs. externally. Message Tracking logs, PerfMon, 3rd party products (you can start your research at www.quest.com). Shawn wrote: > How do you find out the number of emails your Exchange server processes per > day? Senior administration loves these statistics but I don't know where to > extract this information. Looking for the number of emails s...

Windows Classes #2
Hi everybody, Using Spy++ I noticed that some buttons and controls in an application are not window(they don't appear in the list). For example open an Internet Explorer window and go to "www.google.com", and then refresh the Spy++ window list. The two search buttons do not appear in the list. I don't think IE paints these buttons (like simulating what a button does), but they are not windows either, so what are they? Yours, Kourosh. Kourosh wrote: > Hi everybody, > Using Spy++ I noticed that some buttons and controls in an > application are not window(they...

Migration tool crashes when migrating from Lotus
I'm having problems with the migration tool when migrating some users. What happens is that once it starts up, the tool crashes with no error codes and the domino server crashes as well. I'm running exchange 2003 and domino 6 on win2k and I'm migrating it all on the same box. I know it says not to but I've already killed a test server because of this and don't have another one handy. As I said, I can migrate the majority of users fine, but for some reason it does not like these users. If anyone has any suggestions or has come across something like this it would...

Exch 5.5 to 2003 ADMT \ ADC migration order question
Hi guys. I've been reading posts and performing tests in the run up to a Exchange 5.5 to 2003 intra-org migration. In everyone's opinion, which is the best order -> ADC (not enabled) -> ADMT to create new AD account (run in batches) -> ADClean to marry disabled place holder and new account (run in batches) -> movemailbox ( in batches as part of rolling migration) The above seems to have issues with no self rights so if you remove SIDhistory after the migration is done, wont the systems permission go bang as it's masking the lack of self rights? OR....... -&g...

Text Highlighting in Yellow (2000) ???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C600B3.07A33400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable People, Is there a way to highlight text in yellow...in Publisher 2000. This is such a basic text function...available in *Word* for example...& = they can't provide this? Thanks, mark4man ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C600B3.07A33400 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transiti...