Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform

Hi.

I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for
remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows
XP workstations.

When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers.
I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my
workstation however if I select the second printer and click on
Connect I eventually get the error:

Printer Installation Failed

The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform.
Please
contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the
server.

I've verified under the drivers section for the printer on the server
that the XP drives are selected as being installed.  I've also re-
installed all the drivers for the printer.  Locally the printer can
print to the printer no problems at all.

Can anyone help?  Do I need to manually copy drivers to a folder under
IIS or something?

Thanks in advance

0
BadBoy

anyone?
0
BadBoy
11/19/2009 2:08:44 PM
Check that UDP and TCP port 631 is open (do you run ISA?)

There is a Vista help page for your problem - but as your client PC's
are XP, it may not be relevant -here's the link anyway:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970981

--
Duncan.

In article <4bbc8549-b46b-43af-b66e-
884670c5995a@g27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, mrchrishouse@googlemail.com
says...

> Hi.
>
> I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for
> remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows
> XP workstations.
>
> When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers.
> I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my
> workstation however if I select the second printer and click on
> Connect I eventually get the error:
>
> Printer Installation Failed
>
> The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform.
> Please
> contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the
> server.
>
> I've verified under the drivers section for the printer on the server
> that the XP drives are selected as being installed.  I've also re-
> installed all the drivers for the printer.  Locally the printer can
> print to the printer no problems at all.
>

> Can anyone help?  Do I need to manually copy drivers to a folder under
> IIS or something?
>

> Thanks in advance

0
Duncan

change path of storage, log files etc.
Hi, I just installed new Exchange 2003. Exchange is installed on default partition c:\ I want to move storage, log files and other stuff which possible to move to D:\ How I can do it automatically without changing path manually. One guy mention that I have to click on server icon in ESM and utility is there... I didn't find it :) Please help. thx. Michael. On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 19:02:02 -0800, "MLA!" <MLA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I just installed new Exchange 2003. >Exchange is installed on default partition c:\ >I want to move storage, log fil...

error in script from internet explorer
when i use online help i cannot click a link without getting an error from I.E. concerning the script ...

How to Retrieve Install Serial Number
Hi All, No - I'm not after a serial number to crack VS2008. I have a legit copy already working. What I want to know is whether I can get hold of the Serial Number that I can force a user to enter during setup (Customer Information screen on standard VS installer) from within my application, so that I can perform some simple validation upon it each time my application runs. I know it won't be very secure, but it's just a mild deterrent for a low-value piece of software. I searched on the obvious keywords, and just received tons of warez sites - not surprising...

Printing from two sheets in the same workbook
I tried to print from two separate sheets in the same workbook in Excel 2007. I can manage that, but it seems as if Excel creates two different print files, so I cannot print double-sided pages. Does anyone know if it is possible and I'm just doing something wrong? Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks. If you select both sheets prior to printing you will get one print job. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:41:15 -0800 (PST), MikeB <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote: >I tried to print from two separate sheets in the same workbook in >Excel 2007. I can manage that, b...

Excel: When printing some cells will not print text in them
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) When I print an Excel 08 spread sheet, two of the cells that have text in them will not print the text in the cell. All the other cells with text prints fine. The text does not even show up on print preview in the print dialogue box. Any suggestions on how to get it to include the text in these two cells? ...

Install the internet pack for Internet Explorer
--sstgmprmnanztmshb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dyatvmthbtnsg"; type="multipart/alternative" --dyatvmthbtnsg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fbkzxamyh" --fbkzxamyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain ...

Install tips
Hi, I'm flying blind and going to do a crm install this weekend. Any tips or advice? Thanks, G RTFM "gavin" <nospam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCEE8197.7FC%nospam@discussions.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm flying blind and going to do a crm install this weekend. > > Any tips or advice? > > Thanks, > > G > Simple tip read the implementation guide and follow what it says. If this is your first install you may want to set up a test domain using virtualpc and do a test install on that setup before deploying on ...

not collating/stapling sets within one print job
Mary Sauer answered my previous question. Her explanation and link referred to Publisher 2000, 2002 and 2003. Would an upgrade to 2007 eliminate this issue? ...

Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on
Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a local machine? "Ang130" <Ang130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5982603B-D3AC-48F3-84A4-D96DB4696889@microsoft.com... > Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a local > machine? With Ceedo software Ang130 wrote: > Can I run ON from an external drive without it being installed on a > local machine? YES, if run under Ceedo with the Argo installer.[1] In theory it should also work with a USB stick. It would have a superfast stick, m...

Manually remove folders file (Outlook 2000)
hello, MS Office 2000 (Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 IMO) I have a user who appears to have 2 open folders, when i click on one of them i get the following error: "Unable to display the folder. The requested information store could not be found in the active profile." But his normal Outlook Today - Personal Folder is active and running properly. I can't remove this "dummy" folder file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, yt AirYT <airyt@funkychickens.org> wrote: > MS Office 2000 (Outlook 2000 9.0.0.2711 IMO) > I have a user who appears to h...

Money 2004 internet update
My 2004 is not updating properly, infact not at all. When I press update now it will crash the program. My internet settings and bank setting are correct. This problem is only happening on my Dell computer running windows 2000. Ijust installed a new graphix card and I am running a dual monitor setup. It updated once after I installed the card then not again after that. I loaded the program on my laptop to test it and all features work fine. Are there any known issues in regards to graphix cards ore running in a dual monitor set up? Well... It is definatly the video card. I disabled ...

Authentication Error after installation CRM 3.0
Hello I installed CRM 3.0 but i am getting Authentication Error after installation. Setup looks like One AD, 3 domain contorlers, I installed CRM on the one Domain controler. SQL 2000 SP4 and CRM 3.0 are on the same box. Exchange server is on the other box and working properly. i am member of DomainSP4 and then CRM 3.0 and underinstallation i did not get any error and it looks good but after installation i got error message at first attempt to login CRM via web prowser. 1: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and tha...

Internet Explorer
I am running Win XP 2 and have automatic upgrades ticked. IE upgraded to 8, then problems. I cannot open a MS window, try's to open but closes half why through. Same when I try to open Win Media Player, opens but when I click to play window closes. Reverted back to IE 7 but problem remains. Can open MS windows using Firefox but not media player. Tried running IE diagnostics but problem remains. Any-one any idea's? Its driving me crazy. -- clanbull ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clanbull's Profile: http://forums.techarena.i...

Logon failed
I am using Live Mail as my default program. When I try to sent a attachment by clicking mail attachment in word 2007 to go through live mail I get this notice. Logon failed. You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. What does this mean? Using Office works 2007. W7 professional. Any help would be appreciated. Grumpy Are you using Word's "Send Email" feature? Or are you in WLMail and selecting "Attach", then locating a file via Windows Explorer? "Grumpy" <Grumpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Internet Explorer Problem
I have a weird one that I haven't been able to solve and need some help. My Internet Explorer browser on my XP machine will not run in 'Admin' mode but runs fine in any of the user modes on the machine. I've done what I can to reset IE to original settings and no luck which leads to to believe that the program, in of itself, is okay but there's apparently some registry key I need to tweak to get it running again in Admin mode. If I boot up into a general user mode OR 'switch user', it's fine. So I'm hopeful that a MS engineer might see this and b...

Collections Manager
I would like to be able to print to various printers. I would like to send my 'Letters' two one printer and my 'Reports' to another printer. Currently it seems as thought you are only able to have one printer for all!? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Subreport based on query: Display/print ID number or Full name onl
I have designed a summary report that shows average ratings respondents give for seminar sessions. I have several subreports based on different queries that give me a Respondents ID number, full name, and any verbatim comments the respondent made. Clients and instructors now only want to see the respondents ID number only if there is no name. I just started learning VB so, I'm way out of my comfort zone here! TextBox FullName's control source is =[RspFname]&" "&[RspLname] RspID (PK) visible property is set to true Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer...

.pdf file not working in UserForm
SITUATION: want to place a .pdf file in a UserForm so when a user clicks a CommandButton in a worksheet, the UserForm comes up displaying the .pdf file and the user can scroll through the pages. WHAT’S BEEN DONE: 1. UserForm3 created. 2. Adobe AcroPDF1 control inserted/confirmed in UserForm – from Toolbox. 3. CommandButton1 inserted in worksheet. 4. The following code inserted in Module1 [thanks go to Jacob Skaria on MSDN]: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With Me.AcroPDF1 .LoadFile "S:\.........\DTM-09-007.pdf" [the ...

*.srs file causes "The operation failed. An object could not be found" error message when you click Send and Receive in Outlook <1169176071.683743.154260@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
I found that when ever a new profile is created in outlook a new *.srs (send receive settings)file exists. The *.srs file contains hard coded paths to the local cached pst files in documents and settings \blah\blah. Answer: Close outlook, simply delete all the *srs files from %userprofile%\application data\Microsoft\Outlook. EG C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.srs When outlook is re-opened it will create a new *.srs file (* = the name of your profile in outlook) Answer 2 When using IMAP with outlook we found that on some PC's they hang when ...

Rmsnet and Internet order
It seems that information on this subject is hard to come by so I am hoping someone here has a little insight. Way back when, we used to use Quicksell 2000 for our brick and mortar POS. We also use Storefront V5 for our web store. SMSPOS used to host a server where we could export our Storefront orders in Yahoo XML format to a specific directory. This was done from within the Storefront software using the HTTP POST method. The XML was posted to an asp script which I suppose parsed the XML and created a file suitable for import into Quicksell. We would then connect to that server via a keystro...

Instalation failed by C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
I trialled the latest version of Money but realised I was happy with Money 2000 so I uninstalled the trial version and attemped to reinstall Money 2000 only to get a window headed 16 bit Windows Subsysytem which read C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running msdos or microsoft windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. Clicking close did nothing and setup would not activate on the Money CD ...

printing got numbering blocking
Why when i make preview or printing ,there 'll appear big numbering on my print area,to blocking the page.Is because the software haven't activate or haven't register,please reply me as soon as possible,thank you. ...

Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) not facing the internet
I have microsoft sharepoint running with small business server 2007 on an application server. I'm trying to host Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Internet Facing Deployment (IFD). I've set up the DNS to point to the server where CRM is running on IIS I've opened up permissions for it in IIS The Firewall is as open as I can figure out to get it. Port forwarded and translated in the NAT policies I even set up a sub-domain on my domain provider to point to the the static IP And that static IP points to our private IP in the DNS(as stated above). I ran the IFD tool, I believe correctly, beca...

application fails with c0000354
Not sure if this is best ng to post this . I have a vc/mfc application that fails on windows server 2003 with a code of c0000354 . Any ideas on what the error is and how I might correct it ? thanks 0xc0000354 is STATUS_DEBUGGER_INACTIVE. I am not sure when such an error message will be returned. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "chaz" <chaz@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:32B666F5-537E-457F-BADC-355B7201BC75@microsoft.com... > Not sure if this is best ng to post this . I have a vc/mfc application that > fails o...

Printing very slowly
We've been trying to troubleshoot an issue with PowerPoint 2007. We recently received a new template. It has high graphics on the first page and the last page (500K each) and a banner across the top and bottom of the other sides. The banner and the accompanying text were both made in PowerPoint--autoshape and text, so nothing special. But when we print, that blue banner takes forever to print. I had to print a presentation of 23 slides, and it took over two hours to print eight copies. Normally it would take half an hour. I also had to print one slide on a plotter pr...