How do I restore a WSS 3.0 site on SBS 2008

I'm preparing to migrate our old SBS 2003 domain to 2008 and because someone
back in NT days named our internal domain without a .local extension an
automated migration is not supported.  This is probably just as well as our
AD could use a lot of cleaning up.  In order to make sure things go smoothly
I'm testing various aspects of the process on a test server.

What I would like to do is to restore a backup of our sharepoint website
onto the SBS 2008 website.  Right now the website is running on sharepoint
services 2.0 on second server and for various reasons I'd like to move it to
the main SBS server in the new deployment. What I've done is backup the
sharepoint DB and tried to restore it to the new server from the operations
site.  When I do that I get the message "Object WSS_Content failed in event
OnPostRestore The specified SPContentDatabase Name ...
Parent=SPDatabaseServiceInstance Name=Microsoft##SSEE has been upgraded to a
newer version of Sharepoint. Please upgrade the SharePoint application server
before attempting to Access this object. " Google unfortunately seems to
yield to much info on this for me to figure out what is best in an SBS
install.

Ideally I'd just like to take the whole site from the old server (not called
companyweb) and use it as companyweb on the new one.

The old server is Server 2003 it shows Version under Farm information
12.0.0.6421
The new server is SBS 2008 and it shows Version 12.0.0.6219

Do I need to upgrade the WSS version on the SBS server? (I've done all of
the updates the windows update says I need for the server) or is there a
better procedure for getting the old site moved over to the new
server/domain.  As I said this is a test server so I can make a few mistakes
on it to get the procedure down pat for the move to the production machine.

Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003
Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Using Attributes with Enums http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attri...

"Running Autoupdate Installer script' hangs while doing 12.1.0
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, Little problem When installing Office 2008 SP1 update, the installer just hangs and says: running autoupdate installer.... Is there anything I can do - or is it meant to take ages and ages?? Thanks Tom Actually, behind the script when I shut it down is a message: Microsoft Office 2008 Update doesn't understand the << event sysodisA>> message But I dunno what to do???? thanks t > Hi, > > Little problem > > When installing Office 2008 SP1 update, the installer just hangs > ...

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Multipleupload in WSS do not exist
Hallo, Office 2007 Plus is installed on a Citrix Server. The Office Web Components are installed but the Multipleupload do not exist in WSS. Anyone know this Problem? Thanks for help. David sometimes it happens if you have an anti-virus during the installation of office 2007. you can install Office 2007 without the anti-virus.. try it. Thanks "David" wrote: > Hallo, > > Office 2007 Plus is installed on a Citrix Server. The Office Web Components > are installed but the Multipleupload do not exist in WSS. > Anyone know this Problem? > ...

Reports Not Working - CRM 3.0 Pro
Hi, Just installed CRM 3.0 Pro and all seems well, except for when users run reports, and receive the following error message. An error has occurred during report processing. Cannon create a connection to the data source 'CRM'. Login Failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY/ANONYMOUS LOGON' We have CRM & Reporting Services on one W2K3 box, connecting to SQL Server2000 on a second W2K box, if that helps at all. Any thought, helpful hints ror suggestions...? Cheers, Paul. have you added your CRM users in format DomainName\UserName? i had the same problem and that was the so...

error C3867 and error C2664 #3
Hello, When I am trying to use _beginthreadex in MFC I am getting these errors. Can anyone kindly help me regarding this. My code is as shown below bool CBlueFoxDlg::start(void) { if(!pDev) return false ; stopRequest=false; hThread=(HANDLE)_beginthreadex(0,0,&CBlueFoxDlg::CaptureThread, (LPVOID)this,0,&dwThreadID); running =true; return true; } unsigned int _stdcall CaptureThread(void* pData) { pThread=(Device*)pData; if(!pThread) return 1; unsigned int cnt=0; } I am getting error C3867 when I am writing the third parameter in _beginthreadex as CBlueFoxDlg::Capt...

password to open outlook #3
Is there : 1) a way to password protect Outlook to open it (similar to OE)? (not the password to get the email on the server but to open it up initially). 2) a way to have multiple identities in Outlook (similar to OE)? Carl ...

RMS 2.0 #5
Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was activated to back office computer instead of the POS. How can i correct this? What is the procedure to deactivate the product key at the back office and re-activate it at POS? Please help, very urgent! Thank you! You need to call Microsoft and move the license. Use the number under the Help file in any RMS module. They should be able to help you. "Francis Reyes" wrote: > Hi! We recently installed RMS Store Ops 2.0. However, the product key was > activated to back office computer instead of the ...

CR 4.0 Slide Deck
Hi CRM people ! We are busy preparing in Philadelphia to get everyone (that's over 60 callers) up to speed on key campaign messages for the roll out of CRM 4.0. Is there a standardized Slide Deck that I could use to start to train these telemarketers who will be calling on companies throughout the US to generate opportunities that will go directly to the MS Partner channel? Rather than build my own deck - if there is a standard one that I could utilize please let me know or send it to me at: TZimmerman@marketresourcepartners.com Thanks! -- Terrie ZZ I got some material for CRM...

Group emails #3
Is it possible in Outlook 2000 to send an email to a group of recipients but when each recipient receives the email only their address shows in the "To:" window? Cheers William William M <witmedia@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible in Outlook 2000 to send an email to a group > of recipients but when each recipient receives the email > only their address shows in the "To:" window? Word Mail Merge -- Brian Tillman ...

Moving CRM 3.0 SQL Databases
I have a requirment to move the CRM databases from one SQL server in a Domain (Customers) to another SQL server in a different domain (MyDomain). i have created a new CRM server in MyDomain and would like to move the customers data to MYSQL server. Can anybody suggest the best method to achieve this miogration? Use the redeployment tools found on the CD. Should be in a folder named Redeploy. "Steve Haggerty" wrote: > I have a requirment to move the CRM databases from one SQL server in a Domain > (Customers) to another SQL server in a different domain (MyDomain). i h...

where is MSCRM 3.0?
I am a certified partner with access to the partner site and the MSDN universal subscription site but do not see the release that was suppose to be available Saturday? Am I missing something? Thanks. Don Not as far as I can tell. Looks like the beta release has slipped. No word from MS. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "dbj" wrote: > I am a certified partner with access to the partner site and the MSDN > universal subscription site but do not see the release that was suppose to > be available Saturday? Am I missing something? Thanks. > >...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

Outlook (Office XP) #3
I have set up my Outlook on my home PC to mirror the setup of my email account at church. I have made this email account the default account but cannot send a test message or get any in box messages to show (there are few message in the in box). I would like to be able to check for emails on my church address from home without having to connect to a church PC. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > I have set up my Outlook on my home PC to mirror the setup of my email > account at church. I have made this email account the default account &g...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Not enough system resources to display completely #3
Hi, We often get this "Not enough system resources to display completely" in Excel, using Office 2003, on PC's with sufficient Memory and also various display drivers.... After a restart, it useally works, but it appears to be a memory bug somewhere in Office 2003. Any ideas ? Peter ...

toggle between 0 and 1
Is there a binary operator in Visual Basic that will toggle a variable (initially set to 0) between 0 and 1??? I know I could use a bunch of if-then statements to toggle my variable between 0 and 1, but isnt there a binary operator that can set my variable to 0 if it equals 1, and set it to 1 if it equals 0??? thankx Assuming your variable's name is ZeroOne, executing this statement will toggle it from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1 depending on its current value... ZeroOne = 1 - ZeroOne -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? In another post someone mentioned that I have to us my backup software...how do I do that? The file in question is not saved on my computer, it is saved on my Western Digital external hard drive. Thank you! The original is gone. If you don't have a backup of the original then it is gone permanently. Only you would know what backup procedures you keep to maintain ...

Restoring a value
In the code below, I've attempted to check a value entered by the user and restore the original value if what was entered exceeds the maximum for the current application. So far, I've been unsuccessful in restoring what was saved at open time. Saving of the restored value (Me.ImageRatio = Ratio) using Me.Requery after the assignment statement gives a runtime error related to macro or function validation rule for the field. I have not set a validation rule in the property sheet for the control. What am I missing here? Bill ======(Application)==================== Option Compare Datab...

Outlook 2003 Freezes #3
Outlook 2003 freezes in the mail mode no matter what action I try to take. How can I keep it from freezing? ...