Generic Volume Shadow Copy Driver Problem

In the last couple of days whenever a SBS backup is started using
Shadow backup or a shadow backup is scheduled it fails as it is unable
to load the driver.  The found new hardware wizard runs and it states
that the driver is unsigned and you should not install it.  Of course
as I am not present to click "Continue" the operation times out and
fails.
0
gregmnz250

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please provide with more information such as the exact error message or VSS related Event log when the NTbackup fails?

Meanwhile, according to my experience, you may try to rename the Catroot2 folder to have a try.

To rename the Catroot2 folder, follow these steps:
1.	Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
2.	At the command prompt, type the following commands, and then press ENTER after each line:
net stop cryptsvc
ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2
net start cryptsvc
exit

After you renamed the Catroot2 folder and restart server, please then try to run Backup program again. Does it still occur now?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx

disk alignment for striped volume
Hi, I have read a lot regarding the performance gain that can be achieved when aligning volumes properly, but I haven't found any information regarding alignment of a striped volume (that consists of dynamic disks). Is the alignment properly set by default on dynamic disks? I tried to set the alignment using the parameter align=3D1024 when creating the striped volume in diskpart, but it was not a valid parameter, only seem to work on basic disks. Please let me know how these things work! Thanks, Bj=F6rn Hi Bj�rn, as far as I'm aware disk alignment can/should also be ...

Matching Generic Resources
It seems that after applying my June CU, I do not have filtering or grouping by the Skill field I created to match generic resources to skills. The grouping and value works for resources in the Resource Center, but when in Build team for the Enterprise in MSP, it finds nothing and the Skill field does not go to the custom filters as before. Also, if I group by Skill in the resource list, no grouping occurs. Anyone no what's up? ...

Problem with Database Wizard

Problem with Sync to Google Calendar
I’m having a minor problem when I sync my Outlook 2007 calendar with my Google calendar. I can’t tell whether the problem is in Outlook, Google or the Google Calendar Sync utility (v0.9.3.5). I don’t know if this matters but my Google calendar pre-dates my use of Outlook. I’ve been using Google Calendar for over a year but just started using Outlook in the past couple of months. (Still an Outlook newbie.) I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I had a recurring event on my Google calendar for 10AM-12PM every Tuesday in May, 2010. That synced to Outlook with no problem...

Date problem
I have customer accounts that expire on various dates. Once a month a mailing list must be printed. On a form I am using a control which is formatted as a date picker. When a clerk enters a date in the control any accounts => than the date will print. The problem is if the clerk enters a date of 5/12/2010 any account dated between 5/1 and 5/11 does not print. I want to change the control to a drop down showing Jan, Feb, Mar etc. When the clerk picks May I want a hidden control 'Mail' to show 5/1/2010 and use this control for my query. I tried If Me.Combo35...

copy worksheet
Hello I have a workbook which contains several worksheets, all identical (except for their input data). When I create (insert) a new worksheet I can copy & paste cells from an existing sheet into the new one. This is fine, except that the column widths & row heights dont come out right. I can get over this OK, but is there a way to copy an old sheet into a new one and preserve the rows & columns? Thanks K Hi KRK You must copy the complete columns or use this also when you paste your range Rightclick on the destination cell Choose Paste Special Columnwidth OK -- Regar...

How to forward a copy of in/out mails.
I am using Exchange 2003. I want to forward all incoming/outgoing mails to a specific id and the rule will be applied for a particular id. For example, A copy of all incoming/Outgoing mails of "user1@abc.com" should be to forwarded to "user2@abc.com" and the user2 id should not be visible to user1. Is it possible? If so, please do let me know how to do the same. Regards Shanthi P Hi there, Journal archiving is your only inhouse solution for in and out: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-Exchange-2003-Message-Journaling.html If you just wanted inbound...

OWA https problem for external clients
When enabling owa to use https, external clients can not longer view their e-mail. Any idea? Dana Have you checked if https port 443 is open on the firewall? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Dana" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:vN6Ue.2488$hB2.1840@trnddc08... > When enabling owa to use https, external clients can not longer view their > e-mail. Any idea? > > Dana > ya well, if it is SBS server u should check the PERMISSIONS on the Security tab in the IIS exchangeDEFAULT WEB SITE tab. in the IP restrictions Button...

Is there a VBA method for copying a single record in form view?
I want to copy the last record of a table (while in form view). How? Access doesn't really have a concept of "last record of a table". Tables are unsorted sacks of data: Access will stick records wherever it wants. The only way to ensure order is to use a query with an appropriate ORDER BY clause. Assuming you've got an appropriate ORDER BY clause, you can use the TOP 1 predicate. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Mac Hardy" <MacHardy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B...

Not copy, but link...
Hi! Is there a way to also link a cells formats like edgelines, patterns etc, to another cell? Let's say A1 has a conditional formatting and C3 should also have the same formatting. I know I can set up the same formatting rules, but what if there is a local exception from the rules in A1? -- Zadig Galbaras A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic Hi not possible to link formats in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Zadig Galbaras" <zadig@zadig.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:d9Aad.1463$Km6.24739@news4.e.nsc.no... > Hi! > > Is there a way to also ...

problem: sending message to more than 1 recipient
Im using outlook 2003. On that I am using a Hotmail account. When I try to send a email to one recipient it works perfectly, but when I try to send an email to more than one recipient I get the following error email send back immediatly: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: < > Sent: < > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'someone@hotmail.com' on 30/11/2003 15:47 None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. 'someone@hotmail.com' on 30/11/2003 15:...

Training Pack Problem
I'm trying to Access the Read_Server Virtual Image on the Training DVD for Coures 8018A it Loads All Cool and Fine But if I try to Log On it gives me a Screen for Product Activation. Why is this? Isn't this suppose to be training material Pleas Help . Thx In the DMF LAB It Request that you restore a Customer_Data.bak Database But where is this Database on the Training Material? And Yes I did other the training Pack directly from MBS (8018A) Pleas Help "CRM NEWster" <za@qwerty.co.uk> wrote in message news:u2a2UI%23HFHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.p...

copy #4
5 columns Contact Reference Name Date of Transaction Amount Fundcode If there is any data in column 5 then merge column 2 and 3 (in column 2) and copy 4,5 and 6 column in column 3,4 and 5 then go to next row .... pls help with this macro You sure you don't want to check column 6??? Try this against a copy! Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range Set wks = ActiveSheet With wks Set myRng = .Range("a2", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)) For Each myCell In my...

e-mail problems
I am using Windows XP on a new Dell computer. My IP is Road Runner. I have subscribed and downloaded McAfee Security system. My problem: my e-mails sometime are not going through. The message I get from Outlook Express "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 sec. Would you like to wait anther 60 sec for the server to respond". People from Road Runner and McAfee are nice people but of no help. Does anyone has the same problem? Any ideas how to solve the problem? Thank you. P.S. You can call me collect 518 489 6290 I believe the problem is the McAfee. Anyone figured out ho...

Read-only problem #2
I'm sure this has come up before but I can't find an answer to it. Perhaps a kind soul could help. Somehow, one of my xls files has become read-only. I get "the file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document was stored on may not be responding". This happened after I copied the file offmy laptop onto home computer. But I get the same message on both computers. The read-only attribute is not ticked. Any ideas please. Nick Maybe... http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly (From Debra Dalgleish's site) NB...

Copy the User from one to other
Hi In of our customer they have a disaster server same as currently working server and it is in entierly isolated location. They take the daily backup of working servers dyanamics and live company data and resotre it in the disaster server. the disaster server was made like that at point of time there is any disaster happen to the working server they can immediatly work with this server with the installed GP. The problem is they can only login in the disaster server GP as sa only obiovsly the all the users are not available in the security logins of disaater server. Is there is any way ...

VBA Problems..
Dear Group members, I have been following the posts in this groups on regular basis. I recently appeared for an interview where I was asked to tell the projects i have done in Excel VBA. Since I know VBA but never had a real time exposure. I would like to do some project. If you anyone can help me. Kindly mail me at rakeshshail2010@gmail.com. Thanks a lot. ...

Copy Cell Value (text) to Header?
I want to grab the text in a cell (company's name) and automatically copy it to the header using a macro. Thanks for any help. Mike Mike, Try something like ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Text -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "theFrog" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:3uyrb.8918$si2.4367128@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I want to grab the text in a cell (company's name) and automatically copy it > to the header using a macro. ...

Printing Shadow area results in a black area, no prn txt
Hey gang....Happy holidays... Question, running win2k workstations, Win Server 2000, New printers, New print server, Excel 2002. Changed the print server out, same print drivers, now users who try to print any spreadsheets that have a highlighted area prints a black area and the text is completetly blacked out. Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated. Will ...

SDK / ISV problem
Here is the situation. I wrote two seperate programs/forms for the Account form. I used buttons to access these forms, and placed them on the left (so under the Contracts button for the Account Form, I have two buttons under these). Anyways, both programs works great, however, if you click one of these buttons, and then try to click the next button, it won't load, at all. Even if I try clicking an existing button (eg Sales), and try to go to this second custom button, it won't load (but the original custom button will work), so its not until the Account form is closed that I ca...

Problem with xsd codegen after installing .net framework srvice pa
I followed the excellent MSDN article "Code Generation in the .NET Framework Using XML Schema" [1] to build a substitute for the limited xsd.exe. My code works fine under .NET framework 1.1, but after installing .net framework service pack 1, my code breaks. Below are trivial example files that demonstrate the problem: XSD FILE aaa.xsd ---------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <schema targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:aaa" xmlns:aaa="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:aaa" xmlns="http://ww...

FAX notification problem
SBS 2003 R2 SP2 is installed and working pretty well. FAX's are received, sent to a selected folder just fine. Notifications doesn't work. I have tried sending to a local Exchange user or an internet address and it doesn't happen. What I'm trying to find is what is the transport that the system uses for this messaging. I don't see any related event messages. Any help would be appreciated. Doug Sanders Hi Doug, Thanks for your post. First of all, I still would like to suggest you double check the fax recipients notification configurat...

copying a dvd to a cd?
I need to copy a DVD to a CD to use in a transcription system. I only need the audio portion of the DVD obviously. I've tried 500 different things and nothing works. Is is just impossible? "gigi2twins" <gigi2twins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C9008B3-EDB0-4BCB-AFA3-78EB09B507CC@microsoft.com... >I need to copy a DVD to a CD to use in a transcription system. I only need > the audio portion of the DVD obviously. I've tried 500 different things > and > nothing works. Is is just impossible? 500? then you could not have trie...

Printing Newsletter Problem
I created a newsletter for distribution via email. Took the advice of many on these boards to elongate the page to 33" so all content will show in the email body by scrolling. Works great! But now, when I try to print the publisher document it only shows up in a tiled format and the text on all the pages are split right down the middle. (Example: imagine a print preview showing four tiles. The left half of my document shows up on 2 of the tiles and the right half shows up on the other two.) Converted to a web publication to test but the tiled print format still shows up. Sa...

Desktop Icon Problem
Happy New Year to all you helpers. Now my problem for unknown reason my Ebay icon on desktop has overlaid my Orange icon, so now I have two visible eBay icons, but hovering over Orange it still gives Orange details. Any help to correct this. Roger ---------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------- ...