Exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003

Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration?

Using Attributes with Enums
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attributes-with-enu.aspx
0
silly

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

You cannot simply merge two domains in different organizations with each has Exchange server installed. However, you can join the SBS 2003 domain to an existing domain
and access the previous Exchange server resource as a member server on the network.

Q.
Does the SBS 2003 R2 CAL allow me to access other servers running Exchange Server 2003 or SQL Server 2005 on the network?

A.	Yes. If you are running SBS 2003 R2, you are allowed to access any other servers running Windows Server 2003 R2, Exchange Server 2003 Standard or Enterprise
Edition or SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition within your SBS 2003 R2 domain.
This is the article you may refer to:

How to install Small Business Server 2003 in an existing Active Directory domain
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884453

Moreover, as SBS 2003 include Exchange 2003 Standard version which has max 75GB mailbox store, if your Exchange server has small mailboxes, you may also consider
Exmerge tool to achieve you goal.

More instance found:

Exchange 2003 Migration to SBS 2003 Exchange 2003
http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/SBS_Small_Business_Server/Q_22065607.html

Exhange migration from Exchange 2003 to sbs 2003
http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=18067

Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge program (Exmerge.exe) information
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174197/en-us>

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx

Hi:

The limits on SBS 2003 in so far as exchange is concerend, are 75 GB total
private store and 75 GB total public store, 75 users or devices.

I suspect if you are in that range you could mount the store if the name
space is the same, but if not you would have to use exmerge, export, or copy
to pst.

-
Larry
Please post the resolution to your
issue so others may benefit
-
Get Your SBS Health Check at
www.sbsbpa.com

> Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have
> exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so
> recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to
> exchange sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have
> limitation with their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible
> way to doing this so call "downgrade " migration?

> Using Attributes with Enums
>
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-54
> 2844a32d71/using-attributes-with-enu.aspx

0
Larry
12/24/2009 4:56:40 PM
"silly boy" wrote in message news:20091223222312silly_boy1314@hotmail.com...
> Hi, i currently running exchange Enterprise 2003. Because i don't have
> exchange 2003 enterprise license but only have exchange 2003 sbs, so
> recently i need to do migration from exchange enterprise 2003 to exchange
> sbs 2003. But what i concern about is sbs exchange have limitation with
> their database. I'm not sure whether is it a possible way to doing this so
> call "downgrade " migration?

> Using Attributes with Enums
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/abbb43b9-a667-4930-9588-542844a32d71/using-attributes-with-enu.aspx

You've received a couple of excellent responses from Robbin and Larry.

I am curious how many stores are currently configured, and large are the
combined mailbox databases, as well as the public folder database that is
the currently installed on the Enterprise Edition you current have
installed.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA
2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace
12/24/2009 9:10:13 PM
Hi,

Larry's suggestion makes a lot of sense to me. Copy the old database files
to SBS if you are running a single store and are under 75 GB in size. You
will need to have SBS Exchange SP2 and tweak the registry because the default
registry setting is 16 GB.

If you exceed the limit, have you users autoarchive until you get under the
75 GB database size. Aslo, do a backup and maintenance to reduce whitespace
on the exchange DB.

Also, in the registry setting, I would have a max 73 GB, leave yourself a GB
or two in case the store dismounts because you reach the limit, this way you
can increase another GB mount it and start autoarchiving ASAP!

Naki K.
Falcon ITS

--
Naki K. / Falcon ITS
http://www.falconits.com

"Nakie K." <NakieK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Larry's suggestion makes a lot of sense to me. Copy the old database files
> to SBS if you are running a single store and are under 75 GB in size. You
> will need to have SBS Exchange SP2 and tweak the registry because the
> default
> registry setting is 16 GB.
>
> If you exceed the limit, have you users autoarchive until you get under
> the
> 75 GB database size. Aslo, do a backup and maintenance to reduce
> whitespace
> on the exchange DB.
>
> Also, in the registry setting, I would have a max 73 GB, leave yourself a
> GB
> or two in case the store dismounts because you reach the limit, this way
> you
> can increase another GB mount it and start autoarchiving ASAP!
>
> Naki K.

One more point that I don't believe was addressed, is to always allow at
least 110% freespace on the drive where the stores exist. This allows to run
utilities against the database.

Ace

0
Ace

Exchange Cluster

MDE in Access 2003
My office is the process of upgrading all users to Office 2003 from Office XP. I've encountered a problem that when I've edited a database created with Access 2002, and create an MDE file, those users still in Office XP cannot open the MDE file. They receive an error that says something like "file is incorrect format." (And I have to edit all existing databases...Access 2003 shows a missing reference to web components that impedes the database from executing formulas and it gives an error message. In order to check-off the missing reference, I have to open the data...

Exchange

Cannot Unistall IMF Exchange 2003

2003: Desktop alerts on IMAP messages?
Sometimes I think I'm dating an airhead, because everytime I go out with Microsoft, she looks more beautiful than ever, but at heart she's still a bubble- gum chewing ditz. So it is with Outlook 2003 My work email uses an IMAP server, but Outlook won't let me get desktop alerts on my IMAP folder. It says that it can only do this for the default inbox (and I can't get my IMAP folder to become the default inbox). So, I've been ignoring the default inbox and using the IMAP folder without alerts. I can change the freaking transparency of the alerts, but I can't...

Exchange / POP3

instrumentation in enterprise ibrary.
Hi all, can anyne tell me what instrumentation means? how to check if instrumentation is enabled or disabled? And how to disable instrumentation if it is enabled. when i deploy my application, i only givees dlls of caching and configuration. my client is getting lots of error in application event log whose source is enterprise librrary instrumentation' previously on clients system these dlls' were working properly suddenly after deploying new build this problem occured. can anyone tell why this is happening and solution for this other thatn installutil. thanks ...

virus attacks against Exchange

Exchange 2003 #5

format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003
I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. Hi just use a format such as 0 "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote: > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this. The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145....

Intermediate Excel 2003
Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel Skills. I have a reasonable understanding of the main functions and basic formula creation but I wish to develop things a little further? Many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions. Roger Lots of suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "roger lewis" <rogerlewis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:a4k3j.1531$WJ3.154@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone suggest a good book to improve my Excel ...

Microsoft Exchange #3

Linking Visio 2003 Professional to Access 2003 Professional
I know there's a way to do this because I saw it somewhere and now cannot find the site. So, for work I have an Access database that has numerous tables and field. Basically it's a mock-up for an Asset Management System so we have information on Pritners, Workstations, PDAs, etc. What I want to do is pull the information from the database into a infrastructure diagram in Visio to show how everything connects and changes. I also want it to display the various information about each item (serial number, asset number, name, type, etc.). Any help would be appreciated. you might che...

Exchange-Integrated Help Desk Software

exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000

Problems between two Exchange Servers

OUT LOOK 2003
How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? H2O On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:54:04 -0800, H20 <H20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I transfer all my info from my Out Look 2003 in my computer to a other >computer Out Look 2003 that I use.? > >H2O You may want to post your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This newsgroup is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The Microsoft webpage is sometimes confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subjects and find one for Outloo...

GLOBALROOT Error on Exchange 2003

antigen on exchange #2

Excel 2003 colour
I have the following problem with Excel I have seen that a simila question was asked some 18 months ago but am unable to find th solution I am using Office 2003 Pro and my Excel 2003 will not "fill" cells wit any colour nor allow fonts to be shown in color. But the print preview shows the colour and infils correctly. When clicking on the cell to edit it the colour is shown. When opening an imported worksheet the colour is shown until I make an change to the book and all the colour disappears. No colour is displayed on imported worksheets created in earlie versions either. Th...

how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003
I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages altogether? ...