Enable software to work in Domain user account.

Hi to all

Enable software to work in Domain user account.

Software which i have installed in Win xp is

i install software from domain administrator.
1. Office 2003 it's working
2. adobe PDF it's working

Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
account only,
No problem in administrator account (local and domain)

if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
the system.

Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
         Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business

Regards,

Vin Win
0
Vinod

On 03/07/10 03:37, Vinod wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> Enable software to work in Domain user account.
>
> Software which i have installed in Win xp is
>
> i install software from domain administrator.
> 1. Office 2003 it's working
> 2. adobe PDF it's working
>
> Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
> account only,
> No problem in administrator account (local and domain)
>
> if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
> the system.
>
> Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
>           Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business

Not unusual. The first thing to do is to complain to the software
producers. Ask them what permissions changes need to be made to fix
this. If they won't help, then there are utilities you can use to track
down where the wretched things are trying to write to, but it's not
really your job, it's theirs.

This is incompetence, pure and simple. I've seen software store data in
subdirectories of Program Files, which is insane. Anything which needs
to be written on behalf of a user needs to be written somewhere that
particular *unprivileged* user has write permissions. If users are
allowed to make global configuration changes, a globally writable
location must be used for storage.

It's not rocket science, as the saying goes. The *nix operating systems
have by default a forty-year-old privilege system which is much more
primitive than that of Windows, but any *nix application needing
administrator privileges to run would be laughed out of the market.

I'm not sure how you got Office 2003 in there as working, because that
needs admin privileges on the first run of each program. Not as bad as
needing them all the time, but unforgivable from a company that
supposedly knows something about software. And Adobe Reader needs admin
privileges to update itself, something it seems to need to do every
other week.

--
Joe
0

Aaron Margosis' WebLog : Fixing "LUA bugs", Part I
http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2006/02/16/533077.aspx

Aaron Margosis' WebLog : Fixing "LUA bugs", Part II
http://blogs.msdn.com/aaron_margosis/archive/2006/03/27/562091.aspx

--
Merv  Porter   [SBS-MVP]
============================

"Vinod" <vkscnr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all
>
> Enable software to work in Domain user account.
>
> Software which i have installed in Win xp is
>
> i install software from domain administrator.
> 1. Office 2003 it's working
> 2. adobe PDF it's working
>
> Other software's are not working, issue in local user and domain user
> account only,
> No problem in administrator account (local and domain)
>
> if i give them administrator account i can't stop them from miss use
> the system.
>
> Note: Server OS: Win Server 2003
>         Client OS: Win xp, Win 7 Pro, Vista Business
>
> Regards,
>
> Vin Win

0
Merv

My Work customization
Hi, I am testing the various customizations which can be made on CRM. I could do a lot of thing but not the following: how can be customized My Work view in Workplace? For example I would like to see the customer column in my incidents. Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you Marco Ciao Marco, ti scrivo in italiano... Anch'io sto' testando il CRM della microsoft... ho visto che per� c'� poco da leggere, ho trovato qualcosa che forse ti pu� aiutare ( non so quanto )... Per personalizzare le varie viste in "Area di lavoro", vedi messaggi e code, devi imputar...

Forwarding incoming emails to multiple users or administrator
How can I forward and incoming email to another email account or to my administrator account without deleting the incoming email and the person knowing they're being spy on. Working with Exchange 2003. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance. You can either forward it to the mailbox and alternate recipient by going to user properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address and selecting the alt. recipient and checking "Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox"; or you can move mailbox to another Store and enable journaling on t...

CListCtrl.GetNextSelectedItem doesnot seem to work.
Hi, I am trying to use this code from msdn to get the list of selected rows in the container of the CListCtrl (multi select mode). It works fine if the user selects 2 rows. But for more that that, it doesnot work. "pos" will point to NULL after two rows. MSDN code: ========= POSITION pos = pList->GetFirstSelectedItemPosition(); if (pos == NULL) //TRACE0("No items were selected!\n"); else { while (pos) { int nItem = pList->GetNextSelectedItem(pos); //TRACE1("Item %d was selected!\n", nItem); // you could do your own processing on ...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

microsfot to work on a tex editor
I don't understand. Out there are numerous tex editors such as winedt, led, texmacs, scientific word, lyx, etc.... Why MS does not enter to that market and make a kicking tex ediyor for creating latex documents? All the academics are looking for a user friendly tex editor. And there is hardly a good one out there. What "market"? The overwhelming majority of what you mention � plus most of what you don't � is freeware in the first place. And almost every user's preference/opinion differs. Let's assume that MS was willing to invest the necessary time...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

User Defined Fields--Employee Maintenance Screen PR & HR
In looking through the table/field descriptions I do not find the additional user defined field names associated with the PR/HR modules. When I tried to run a smartlist and attach the fields they do not appear in the window as available fields/columns. I have modified the labels and need to run reports on those specific user defined fields. Has anyone created such a report? If not, where can I locate the field names? I am a new user to this system and any assistance someone could provide would be helpful. Hi, Since there are several places with user defined fields availab...

rule not working correctly
Hello, I have setup a few rules and some of them I have setup to Move the message to the following folder, yet it copies it to that folder. Is this a known bug? anyone know whats going on? The conditions are: on this machine only; through the specified account; then move to the specified folder. TIA Make sure you sort the rules correctly and add the "stop processing rules" action. This will prevent duplication when more than one rule applies. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office ...

Account Loses Retirement Status
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C4DA80.0B725D90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using MS$2004 Deluxe. I previously posted an issue about my = retirement accounts not being seen in the Lifetime Planner or the 401k = manager. I seem to have stumbled into some additional information = regarding this, but it still does not clear up the issue for me. If I = now create a new retirement account, it will show up in the Lifetime = Planner. However, if I update the account to be in my Wa...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

Mappings not working
In working with mappings from our Lead entity to Accounts entity we have some mappingsthat work and some that don't. Very quirky. All attributes match in the source and target schemas. When we convert a Lead to an Account one of our custom picklist fields converts over with a particular option from the picklist that is different than what it was in Leads. In fact, if the field is populated in Leads it comes over with one particular option in Accounts. If the field is empty in Leads it comes over with another particular option in Accounts. Also, our Sales Status field that is a p...

iType.exe has stopped working
I get this message when I started from a regular user on vista on starting up virtual PC console several times. today. more likely to occur if I use the scanner software Presto! PageManager when I try to start the VPC 2007 anyone seen this problem? ...

income summary account from Accounting 101
Hello: In the first-semester college "principles of accounting" class, students are taught about the Income Summary account that is used to contain the month's profit and loss accounts. In GP, year-end close zeroes out the profit and loss accounts into Retained Earnings automatically. GP does not do so, really, for month-end purposes. So, in order to conduct an automated month-end close to Income Summary account, would the following tasks be conducted?: (1) Create the Income Summary account in Account Maintenance as a P&L account with a credit balance, (2) Creat...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

Users Legacy Exchange DN
Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users? We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users have a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN. This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack Jones <87dfdsads> Thanks for you help Craig You will need to manually change edit this in adsiedit. However keep in mind that this can cause replies to fail if the users do not have a corresponding x500 adress with this value. Also changing the legacydn will force a full download of your OAB. James Chong Craig wrote: > Is there...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

MobilePhone software
Brief Description: MobilePhone 2 PC manager, easy-to-use with Phonebook, SMS, Logo, RingTone etc.. Key Features: a.. Phonebook and contact management b.. Send/Edit logos and ringtones to your friends with SMS/MMS c.. Support Java... d.. Personalize logos of your phone e.. Personalize ringtones of your phone Description: MobilePhone OS is a great utility that let you manage your MobilePhone from computer. The software support most mobile phones such as Nokia, Siemens, Ericsson, SonyEricsson,etc.. Have a see http://qwerks.com/product.asp?Pro...

imap and pop3 accounts- Outlook 2k
Recently switched from Compuserve classic (pop 3) to Compuserve 2000 (imap. I have other email accounts in addition to Compuserve. When I retrieve email it sets up a new inbox for imap email only and pop3 mail goes to the default inbox. Anyway to get all my email to dump to the default inbox? george <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently switched from Compuserve classic (pop 3) to > Compuserve 2000 (imap. I have other email accounts in > addition to Compuserve. When I retrieve email it sets up > a new inbox for imap email only and pop3 mail goes to...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

Outlook doesn't open in the inbox work space. Open up in the Outlook today works
How do I make the Inbox as the default workspace in Outlook 2000 corporate mailbox. running on Win xp. ...

Accrual Account for Tax Collection
Hello: Tax collection needs to be configured in Payroll where, in particular for the state of Tennessee, an accrual account needs to be offset to the other accounts in the payroll tax transaction similar to how the accounts in the GL Clearing Entry or GL Quick Journal window is configured. In other words, several debits need to be "entered" with an offsetting credit to a tax accrual account. Is this possible in Great Plains Payroll? Thanks! childofthe1980s For a given employee check, what would the entry be? -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: >...

Sort incoming mail for different users
Hello ... I just set up Outlook 2002 to receive email for various members of my family. But all emails go into one inbox. How do I set different inboxes/outboxes for each member of my family? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Kevin. You can use rules to do this, presuming you're checking different mail accounts and not just having all mail forwarded to a single account. Kevin wrote: > Hello ... > > I just set up Outlook 2002 to receive email for various > members of my family. > > But all emails go into one inbox. How do I set different > inb...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

Appointments shift with moving user
I travel quite extensively, moving from one corner of the world to another quite frequently. I have just discovered that appointments that I had set up on my calendar, keep shifting based on my current location, on my OL2007 (Vista) platform. For instance, I am trying to maintain a list of meetings for a trade show I will be attending in London on 17NOV. The appointments were recorded on various dates when I was in various places (Denver, Rio, Auckland etc). Now that I am in Tokyo, I find that the appointments for 17NOV are all in the middle of the night! Is there any way to lock the ...