Disabling options via policy

Hi

sbs 2003 standard. How can I disable control panel and the Internet Options
menu under Tools in the Internet Explorer on client pcs?

Thanks

Regards

0
John

John wrote:

>Hi
>
>sbs 2003 standard. How can I disable control panel and the Internet
>Options menu under Tools in the Internet Explorer on client pcs?

Group Policy is the tool to use for this, though I'm not certain that you
can remove the Internet Options dialog completely (you may have to settle
for hiding some of the tabs).

On your SBS, go to Administrative Tools > Group Policy Management Console

Big tip: create new a new GPO for your own settings. Don't change the
existing ones. Link your new GPOs in at the
MyBusiness/Computers/SBSComputers or MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers levels.

--
Steve Foster
------------

Integrate Authorisation via WAN
Our Extranet Customer will that they can use Explorer View and other webdav functionality with the same Active Directory Account from their LAN. Did somebody have an idea how I can validate them via WAN on our FARM ? Thanks ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Adding Calendar Items via Click
On some web sites such as eVite.com, it is possible to add an item to your Outlook by simply clicking a link. What is the magic file extension that will invoke Outlook? What is the format of the file for the calendar item? I couldn't seem to find the right words to search for in support.microsoft.com. Thanks. those are icalendars and it can be opened in notepad. if you have one of the items downloaded, open it in notepad or select an event in outlook and choose actions, send as icalendar. Save the resulting attachment to disk and open it in notepad. see http://www.imc.org/pdi/ ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

RECIPIENT POLICY NOT UPDATING
Hello. I've made a recipient policy that I want to apply to a specific OU. Here is the filter rule I am using: (&(ou>="")(name=ThisOU*)) This OU is embedded into another OU. I can't seem to get this to work. In addition, the default recipient policy applies to this OU, even though the priority on the other policy is higher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You cannot set the LDAP filter to query via OU. This is not a limitation of Exchange, but a limit of AD. What you can do is add the folks in that OU to a group and filter by the group membership. ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Move mailboxes via Powershell and Log results
Hi all, I created a script to move mailboxes and log the results. The script reads the alias from a text file and moves the mailbox. When completed it logs the result to a CSV file. I would like to modify the script to move 5 mailboxes at a time and log the results. I cannot seem to get it to work. Below is the working script which allows one to move at a time. How can I modify it to move 5 at a time AND to log the results to the CSV file. ############################################## $TargetDatabase = “SERVER01\SG03\MBX03” $SourceFile = “x:\MAILMOVES.TXT” $UserList =...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

options unavailable
I have a workbook with several sheets. Most are fine but the first two sheets (1)do not show the column or row headers and (2)there are no gridlines. The options menu works for most of the sheets but does not for the first two. The option is not ghosted, it just doesn't respond. I've checked protection and the format menu but I can't find anything to work. Thanks for any ideas that you can offer. Charlie Sounds strange. If you can insert new worksheets, then insert two new worksheets. then Copy/paste everything to the new worksheets. Hi Charlie! Are you sure that you have...

/ML vs. /MT compiler option
Is it OK if .exe was built using /ML (singlethreaded) and DLL was built using /MT (multithreaded) compiler option? EXE calls DLL functions. No. You should be using consistent threading models. I wouldn't want to think of the number of things that could go wrong under this scenario. Particularly if you are using the DLL forms of the C runtimes. joe On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:44:40 +0200, "Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote: > > Is it OK if .exe was built using /ML (singlethreaded) and DLL was built >using /MT (multithreaded) compiler option? EXE calls DLL ...

Recipient Policy / Mailbox Cleanup
I currently have a Mailbox Cleanup policy in place, configured for the Inbox and All Other Mail Folders. I have one user (the President) that would like to have a folder on the mail server indefinitely (no mailbox cleanup). Can I just add that to the list, for instance, "Inbox\FolderName" and not check the folder for cleanup? But if I have All Other Mail Folders checked in the policy, would this affect the newly created folder? TIA. On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:13:06 -0800, "Matt V." <MattV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I currently have a Mailbox Cleanup...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

Deletion Managed Mailbox Policy
Exchange 2007 Have a deletion Policy in place.... Retention period for Deletion is set to 1 Day Settings: Retention period starts .... When delivered, end date for calendar and recurring tasks Action to take is delete and allow receovery .... The above settings do not completely delete everything daily for the users folders? I want to configure it to delete ALL items daily from users deleted folder in their OL2002/OL2007. Do I need to change Retention Perios Starts: When the item is moved to the folder???? Because I tested this in lab and did not work for me... ...

CRM4
I have a client that has added fields to the contact entity and would like to be able to synchronize the custom fields between CRM 4.0 and Outlook. What options do I have at this point to provide this functionality? My understanding there was little or no support for this type of customization in CRM 3.0. Thanks, Wayne. ...

Can send and receive e-mail directly, but can't confirm connectivity via telnet to port 25 test method.
Hi all, Pretty new to exchange so I was going through as much documentation as I possibly could to make sure that my first implimentation went as smooth as possible (first setup on a personal server so I can muck it up all I like to make sure that I have it right, no need to subject a client to my expermintation!). I have exchange 2003 enterprise set up on a windows 2003 server standard R2 machine. The machine is the only domain member so it also the AD and DNS primary. Not much else going on with the box other than AD, DNS, and Exchange with little load on any of the three services. It is...

VPN Fails Via WiFI but works via Wire?
Hi, I have a number of clients whose staff work from home and access the SBS VPN. The vast majority can get connected without a hitch but quite often I will get ones who use Wifi connections from their laptops and can't seem to connect or have a really hit or miss time with getting the VPN to connect. On windows Server 2008 systems I just manually create the VPN on the client's laptop as per the instructions with SBS 2008 and I often find that they can't connect when accessing their router via a plugged in cable, but can't when going via wireless. Is there ...