DHCP on fresh 2008 install.

I have disabled the router DHCP. If I do ipconfig /all (after restarting
it) on the server amongst the stuff is: DHCP Enabled = no. I have
restarted a PC on the network (server has no PCs connected yet) and it
seems to have a correct address 192.168 3 x. Is the DHCP server really
off and is so how do I start it?

Note I have only just loaded SBS2008 on the server so little config has
been done. Slowly does it!

--
happyhacker
happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
happyhacker

From what I have heard so far, Microsoft do not support spanning the
system partition across multiple disks. You could try somthing like
copying or moving all data off of the second partition, deleting that
partition extending C into the free space, then recreating the second
partition and copying the data back. Of course you may need to disable
services during this move/copy but I am not sure there is any other way
around it.

--
super soaker
super soaker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/16788.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
super
8/10/2010 11:23:30 AM
The ICS service needs to be stopped and disabled on the Windows-based
computer providing the leases; doing this disables the DHCP allocator
for ICS.

TO DISABLE THE ICS SERVICE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and
  then click Services.
- Right-click Internet Connection Sharing, and then click Properties.
- Under Startup Type, click Disabled.
- Under Service Status, click Stop.
- Click OK and close the Services Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

More information 'here' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263217).

--
james_911
james_911's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/37434.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1357052.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
james_911
8/10/2010 11:33:04 AM
Not sure I understand that. I want to shrink the C to obtain two other
partitions of equal size. Reading the figures above I only see about
500Gbyte available after shrinking. I am trying to do this wthout
reinstalling. Is that the quickest way.

PS note I said that this is a fresh install i.e. there is no data except
what the install may have created.

--
happyhacker
happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1357058.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
happyhacker
8/10/2010 11:45:47 AM
Well, I went into the server management and that way discovered DHCP
server was ON. I have no PCs connected yet (or users) but the PCs are
receiving an IP address on startup. I think it was my error doing
"ipconfig /all" on the server where the "DHCP" was shown to be off on
the internal and tunnel adaptors. Not sure of the relevance of these.

Am I right here or something else to configure?

--
happyhacker
happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1357052.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
happyhacker
8/10/2010 2:27:29 PM
As server partition software, EASEUS Partition Master Server Edition can
extend SBS 2008 Server partition safely with simple operations by its
"Resize/Move" feature. Moreover, EASEUS Partition Master can extend NTFS
system partition without reboot and be booted from a bootable USB drive.
The following is step-by-step instructions to extend SBS 2008 Server
system partition.

--
einstein_007
einstein_007's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/37181.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1357058.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
einstein_007
8/11/2010 11:59:59 AM
While you disable your DHCP server, your clients are unlikely to loose
their IP information. Leases are usually configured to be eight days.
You could force all your clients to renew them before your start off
with the SBS installation. I am not positive, but I believe that SBS2008
can automatically turn off the DHCP server on certain routers. But
certainly if it can�t turn off the DHCP server for you, it will remind
you to do it yourself.

--
super soaker
super soaker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/16788.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1357052.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
super
8/11/2010 12:24:26 PM
einstein_007;5030961 Wrote:
> The following is step-by-step instructions to extend SBS 2008 Server
> system partition.

Einstein, thanks. If you could point me to those instructions?

--
happyhacker
happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1357058.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
happyhacker

Trying to purchase Money 2008 from Canada
Since i'm not able to find Money 2008 in stores i initiated the "online way" of getting the update: From my Money 2004, clicked on "Buy Now" presented in the "Passport Usage Alert!", it brings me to MS website and finally to Digital River for the actual checkout and i'm presented with "US & PUERTO RICO ORDERS ONLY." What is my best route to purchase from Canada? I've read that Money 2008 was available for US, Japan & Canada, but why not the download version?!? I've read about the bogus address, but have not tried yet as my...

Install problem 07-21-04
Hi, I'm tring to install CRM 1.2 on a recently installed server (running SBS2003 Pro and SQL2000). But when I try to install I get an error message saying that "Message Queuing Service" is not started - but I cannot find it in the service manager. Any ideas? // Fredrik Tjena, Remember vaguely something about this. Got to the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs/Add Remove Windows Components. Check out if you have the Indexing Service selected. Hope this helps. Monika >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I'm tring to install CRM 1.2 on a recently installed ...

Microsoft Query could not be started because it isn't installed
I have Excel 2000 SP3 & Windows XP Home. When I go to Data | Get External Data | Run Saved Query I can import data from an Access database into an Excel worksheet. When I go to Data | Get External Data | New Database Query after a delay a message appears to tell me that MS Query is not installed. This is the message: "Microsoft Excel "Microsoft Query could not be started because it isn't installed. You can install Query by running the installation program you "used to install Office or Excel. The Query option is in the Office Tools category. "OK" Ho...

DHCP problem
My DHCP pool is out of leases, but there are leases left in my pool The pool is 10.1.1.30 to 10.1.1.91 My leases are 10.1.1.74 to 10.1.1.91 Why won't the server start issues the lowered numbered leases when the reaches 91? "mz" <fatbikeracer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My DHCP pool is out of leases, but there are leases left in my pool >The pool is 10.1.1.30 to 10.1.1.91 >My leases are 10.1.1.74 to 10.1.1.91 > >Why won't the server start issues the lowered numbered leases when the >reaches 91? Wrong newsgroup? Try one of the Windows O/S newsgroups. -- ...

2008 R2
Hello, I installed two domain controller in two different subnets connected with a router (no firewall rules). Both domain controllers are members of the first default ad site. When I change the name of the default ad site and restart the dc-b everything is ok. Then i restart dc-a, the dc takes forever to start and the ad and the depending services have trouble to start. I did the procedure in two different test environments. In both cases the same result on dc-a. What did i do wront? Best, René Hello Rene, Are both DCs also DNS server? If not install it also on...

Money 2008 and 529 Plans
Does Money 2008 allow you to track 529 Plans yet? In microsoft.public.money, gkandra@gmail.com wrote: >Does Money 2008 allow you to track 529 Plans yet? Money is not going to automatically download the information from your 529 plan. <gkandra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187053760.920938.160740@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Does Money 2008 allow you to track 529 Plans yet? In creating a test investment account there was no means of designating it as a 529, and searching help for '529' came up with 'No results found'. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, ...

!URGENT! "Authentication Error" after Roll-up 1 install
Hi all, We run CRM 3 on a single server (CRM 3.0, Windows 2003 Server SP2, SQL 2000) on a native 2003 Active Directory. This has been running fine for a year until I installed the Roll-up 1 last night (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922815). Have left it a while but there were a few bugs in there which we wanted to correct with the Roll-up, and as it has been out for a while with what appears to be very little reported problems, I finally went for it. Since installing, we get the "301 Authentication Error", even when going via the web-based interface on the server itself (i.e. ht...

ECF file does not stay after it was installed
HI, I am using a third party ecf file to print label. I add it through the add-in manager and it shows up in the toolbar. After I get out of outlook (outlook 2002 sp 2) it does not show. And I have to do the process all over again. The user has admin rights in the machine. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Password doesn't work after fresh Win XP install
I recently re-installed Win XP including Money 2002. When I tried to open my backed up .mny file (using a third party program which successfully restored everything else) I was told that the password was incorrect. Searching this forum I read that their is an incompatibilty in versions. My .mny file was created using M03 but this disc was damaged so I had to revert to M02. The suggestion was made to download the trial version of M04 and restore the back up file. I did this but it failed saying the file was incompatible. I desperately need to resolve this as I have about 5 years of fi...

Antigen Enterprise Manager Install
I am running Exchange 2003, SP2, and Windows 2003, SP1. I am trying to install the Antigen Enterprise Manager (ver. 9). I'm using SQL on a different box, and doing an Enterprise Installation. I have created the service user account, the 2 databases, assigned db_owner rights on them to the service account, and granted it 'log on as batch' rights on the management console machine, as well as the SQL box. The service account is also a local admin on both boxes. I enter the SQL server and login info (NT Authentication), hit the 'Test Account' button, and get an error tha...

wrong key when try to install office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I have recently got a used mac. on it there was a copy of office! now i have bought a original office. but when I try to install it it has the product key of the copy!? I have tryde to install it, but when I open it the auto update starts, when i close it down I can't open word etc. I have delite all the office i can find on the HD. Pls. help me! Sorry for my english! ...

DHCP question
Hi, I have 2 IP which I want to exclude from a range. One of the IP is used by a switch and the other one is assigned to a phone system - so I dont know the mac address. How do I exclude those 2 Ip's from the range. I only see the option to reserve in DHCP in window 2003. Thanks biren wrote: > Hi, > > I have 2 IP which I want to exclude from a range. One of the IP is > used by a switch and the other one is assigned to a phone system - so > I dont know the mac address. > > How do I exclude those 2 Ip's from the range. I only see the option to...

GPO for screensaver not working for XP clients on SBS 2008
I've migrated most of my clients to SBS 08 and am finding that the one GPO setting for Screen Saver and Screen Saver password settings are not migrating to the XP client workstations - everything is updated, all SP, and it worked when they were on SBS 03...... Anyone else seen this? -- You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that. Trust yourself. spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address) Silly question by me. Is client side extension installed on...

Highlight color in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I wish to change the highlight color choices or their intensities in Word 2008 (not in Excel and not theselect-text color). Can one do this and, if so, how? You just have to change the highlight color of the operating system! Word uses the OS highlight color. Go to system preferences > appearance & change the highlight color. I think I was misunderstood. The highlighting I mean might be called background color. When one selects text, one can color the text, one can color the background, or both. My questions is ...

60 day free MS Office 2007 installation issues
until I receive my new copy of MS Office 2007 I want to use the free 60 day trial but when I try and register the trial key I get a error message that says a communication error has occured try again later??? I need this now and it has been giving me this error all day? HELP!! Was the Trial preinstalled or did you download it from MS? Did you purchase Office on line, and are using the key mailed to you? "HollyZ27" <HollyZ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D287919-F72A-467F-8018-8C0C2063275F@microsoft.com... > until I receive my new co...

After save, VBA not installed
I've been working on some VBA. After a few weeks of being bugged that Visio 2007 needs an update for speed, I relented and installed KB915865 this morning. Since then, I've twice saved my changes and upon trying to open the Visual Basic Editor, been rewarded with "This operation cannot be performed because VBA is not installed or could not be initialized. You can continue running Visio." But, if I open a different VSD, I can edit to my heart's content. Obviously, I'm going to start exporting my code more often. But, anyone have ideas or a solution to what...

Re: Training in Office for Mac 2008
On 9/25/09 12:35 PM, in article 59b7d4c9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Whidbey1@officeformac.com" <Whidbey1@officeformac.com> wrote: > I want to learn how to better use word for mac 2008. The new Business edition of Office 2008 that's out includes free lessons to tutorials on Lydia.com, you might check there. <http://www.lynda.com/> -- Diane ...

RMS 2.0 sp1 won't install on Server 2003
I have installed the service pack on all 22 work stations successfully, but on a Server 2003 config'd as a terminal server I get a Hotfix Installer message: "The update cannot be applied" This is a big concern, as starting tomorrow I will be running sp1 on all workstations except this server. Your suggestions highly appreciated. I have been running RMS for 3 years on this server and have done updates for the RMS 1.2 and 1.3 without problems RMS 2.0 has been running smoothly on the terminal server for all users except three users in accounting who require 20 seconds to p...

sbs2008 empty DHCP IPv4 bindings DHCP event 1050
I have this error on Just installed SBS2008 Standard. Found perfect description on google but no fix: ""DhcpServer 1050 22/04/2010 7:05:05 AM 24 Event Details: The DHCP/BINL service on the local machine encountered a network error. The error was: 0x 2. SBS 2008 is the only DHCP server on the network. DHCP is working, I can do ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew from DHCP enabled workstations and the get a new IP as they should. I think I have tracked down the source of the error. If I go to Administrative Tools --> DHCP --> Right Click "Server.domain.loc...

Windows Update keeps coming back with updates I already installed.
Ever since friday 19 february, Windows Update about dayly keeps coming back with updates I already installed. In concerns the updates KB975560 and KB977914. Before I realised that it were the same updates again and again, I downloaded and installed them half a dozen times, and received an OK every time. Is this a flaw in Windows Updater, or what could be the problem? JustWantItToWork wrote: > Ever since friday 19 february, Windows Update about dayly keeps > coming back with updates I already installed. > In concerns the updates KB975560 and KB977914. > Before I reali...

MSN Money Investment Toolbox Vista install problems
Trying to install this control. The install hangs after the ActiveX software is and the installer starts. I've read all the posting on the web about disabling DEP and adding all these web addresses to your trusted zone. None of this works. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks. Hi John, I went through the same the other day. The solution turned out to be enabling UAC - I'm running in Vista Home premium. Hope it helps. AK "John" wrote: > Trying to install this control. The install hangs after the ActiveX software > is and the installer starts. > ...

Install error
Just purchased Money Delux Plus. When I try to install it, it runs for a few minutes and a pop up window opens with error " Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money" Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MCNet wrote: >Just purchased Money Delux Plus. When I try to install it, it runs for a few >minutes and a pop up window opens with error " Setup was unable to install >some of the components needed to run Money" I would try creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege. Switch to that user and install Money. The theory is ...

Problem with image size ReportExecutionService.Render on SSRS 2008
Hi, I've a problem after migrating from SSRS2005 to SSRS2008. When I render any report programmatically to an image (EMF) the output is too big and it doesn't fits to on page. The code works perfect for SSRS2005. I've tested a migrated report and a new report created with BIDS 2008. My test report is a single page report with one simple table. The page size is A4 (vertical). I've installed cummulative updates for SP1 but the problem still exists. I've tried to change devInfo parameter with no result. Any idea? -- - ...

Install Problem 04-20-04
My install of 1.2 ends with an error while running the build of the DB. 'Failed to run script:11 - index mscb.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14)' I did have CRM previously installed, so there may be something hanging around that wasn't cleaned up - but I have done a number of uninstalls and installs in the last few weeks - first time I ran into this. Any ideas? Ed This error is typically caused by 1 of 2 problems: 1) A previous uninstall left the physical DB files on the system 2) In an environment with multiple domain controllers, the DB & CRM serve...

DHCP Client service
Hi, I am running an exchange server with a static Ip address. Should the DHCP client service be started or should it be disabled? Thanks On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:50:02 -0800, Vishal <Vishal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am running an exchange server with a static Ip address. > >Should the DHCP client service be started or should it be disabled? > >Thanks If you dont need it, I would disable it. so do i need it since i am having a static ip address. not sure - and its live server so dont want test it "Andy David {MVP}" wrote: > On Mo...