Configuring SBS2008 to allow mobile phones to use email / POP3

Hi,
I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to
access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007.

What is required to set this up ?
 - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ???
 - Firewall configuration ???

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Michael

What OS does Nokia use? Windows Mobile, Iphones and Palm Pre all use
Exchange Active Sync (or some easy permutaion) which is easy enough.
No pop required. No firewall changes either.

On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, Michael
<michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to
>access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007.
>
>What is required to set this up ?
> - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ???
> - Firewall configuration ???
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Regards
>Michael
See what SBS support is working on
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
0
Jim
5/18/2010 3:46:56 AM
I did a google search for Nokia email Exchange which brought up some
helpful posts.

On Mon, 17 May 2010 23:46:56 -0400, Jim Behning SBS MVP
<jimbehning@doesthisblockpork.mindspring.com> wrote:

>What OS does Nokia use? Windows Mobile, Iphones and Palm Pre all use
>Exchange Active Sync (or some easy permutaion) which is easy enough.
>No pop required. No firewall changes either.
>
>On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, Michael
><michael.green@solventgreen.com.nospam> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I have a customer that wants their field staff to use their Nokia phones to
>>access their mailboxes on Small Business Server 2008 / Exchange 2007.
>>
>>What is required to set this up ?
>> - Exchange 2007 / POP3 configuration ???
>> - Firewall configuration ???
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Regards
>>Michael
>See what SBS support is working on
>http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
>Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
>http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
See what SBS support is working on
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
0
Jim
5/18/2010 3:49:01 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post and Jim's input.

For your reference, please see below article for related information:

Using a Nokia device to sync with Small Business Server 2003
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2006/12/07/using-a-nokia-device-to-sync-with-small-business-server-2003.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx

what does the "send" button look like for sending emails?
what does the "send button look like for sending emails? I've created my document in publisher, now I want to email it. I get to the email create page and ready to send, but can't find the "send" button... What version of Publisher, Outlook and Outlook Express are you using? Which email client is set as your default email client? You can find out your default email client by going to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Programs Tab. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" ...

Using wide and regular format monitors
Hello All My job just gave me new Lenovo T400 laptop running XP. (No Windows 7 yet for us) It has a 14 inch wide format screen. I'm attaching the computer to a traditional 20 inch screen. The wide display on the laptop 1280 x 800 is squished and off the screen on the traditional montior. When I open display properties, it shows both montiors as Monitor 1. I'd like to have the traditional monitor work property without having to resize the display resolution every time I connect to it. (I do NOT want to use one monitor as an extension of my desktop). Is there a way ...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

subtotals using COUNT
Hi all, Newbie here I want to add subtotals to my spreadsheet. For example, I have a companyID, Employee ID, VacationDaysLeft, VacationDaysUsed. I'm trying to insert subtotals (grouping by company ID). I want to know how many employees used more than 10 days of vacation, and how many emplyees have more that 12 days of vacation left (this is an example only) If I try to use the subtotals feature in excel, it will break it down by companies, and it will generate subtotals for each company using SUBTOTAL(3,..) - where 3 is the id for COUNTA. CountA is not good enough. What I would need that t...

"allow" you gotta be kidding
I cannot sign in with my passport. I have tried signing in to other places and that "allows" me to do that. I have a bunch of bills that need paying so if anyone would like to pay them for me, that would be fine. What is this...will NOT allow me Are we talking "The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file"? If so, it's been the subject of maybe a thousand posts over the last two weeks or so. See news://msnews.microsoft.com/eG2ikZfdEHA.3044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl or http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=eG2ikZfdEHA.3...

Last Phone Call Date on Lead Form
Okay, I'm seeking suggestions here. I would really like to be able to show the date of the most recent phone call for a lead on the lead form itself, so that I could perform a search for leads whose last phone call is not in the last 30 days. So when a rep creates a phone call activity and closes it, the phonecallactivity.actualenddate needs to be posted to the associated lead form into a custom field. To my understanding, a post callout won't work, because nothing on the lead is being updated to trigger a callout event. Anyone have any other ideas? TIA -- Matt Wittemann http:...

Excel 2007 won't allow me to insert a row
I am new to Excel2007 although I have been using Excel for many years. The problem I am having exists with only one Excel workbook file and only in Excel2007, The problem exists if I save the file as a 'xlsx' file or as a 'xls' file. My problem workbook contains 6 sheets (tabs). It was originally created on my old PC using Excel2000 and since transferred to my new PC which has Excel2007. The worksheet is essentially a large database with relatively few calculations. When I try to insert a row (HOME -> Cell Menu -> Insert -> Insert Sheet Rows), I get the following...

can not send email with an image
i wanted to send an email to multiple contacts with an image that can be seen at the body part of the email. so i created an email template but could not add the image file to the body of the email. since i could not attach the file, i opened the image file with internet explorer and i drag and dropped the image on the email template. it looked all right. the image can be seen on the template. but when i sent it. the recipient could see no image but the red x sign. any solution for sending this type of image based emails from crm? regards, orkun If you are mailing outside your organizatio...

Replicate Phone Message Form from Lotus Notes
Can you give me any suggestions for creating a phone message template. I have created forms in Word where you use a table and can type in information or use check boxes and can tab to the various fields. In this message form I would like to have multiple check boxes with different words after it like Telephoned, Please Call, Etc. and also a space for the Contact Name, and Phone Number. Lotus Notes has a form exactly like this. Any ideas on how to create this in Outlook. I tried copying it from Word but couldn't get it to work. Thanks. ...

How Use Option Group Im MS Access
Help me It's easy you have an: - option Group (which is a frame that goes around the option buttons) each option button has a different value (example: 1,2,3) The option group gets the value of whichever option button is selected. So the option group is the main control that you use (bind it to a table value etc...) With options only ONE option button can be selected at a time. If you want multiple values you use checkboxes instead. HTH, Mark Andrews RPT Software http://www.rptsoftware.com "Karkala" <Karkala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Can't send Yahoo email via Outlook 2003
Hi, for some reason my outgoing Yahoo email has not been going out. This just started in the last week. I installed Office 2003 about 10 days ago and the Yahoo acct was working fine. I do have the outgoing server set correctly according to the support page on Yahoo (http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-05.html)-- "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is checked. Anyone have any ideas? -- ------------------------------- remove "smooth" from my address. hmc <ciaochou2.smooth@yahoo.smooth.com> wrote: > Hi, for some reason my outgoing Yahoo ...

Convert 32 bit application to 64 bit application using visual studio 2005
Hi, I want to convert one 32 bit vc++ application to 64 bit using visual studio 2005. What all settings i need to change? I changed the configuration manager settings as x64.But while running the application in a different machine that does not have VS 2005 setup ,showing error 'Application configuration settings is incorrect.Reinstalling the application may fix the problem'.What should i need to change to correct this? Please give me a reply Thanks Soumya It sounds like you have just done a copy of the executable image; you probably need to use an installer to make sure all the req...

Sending group emails
I have been trying to send a group email of 50 and I cannot find where to click so all 50 email address don't show on each of the emails. I just want only one email to appear and the rest to be hidden. Please can someone help. Thank you "Adele" <Adele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC917291-8BFA-429E-8C23-BBFB8B252B22@microsoft.com... >I have been trying to send a group email of 50 and I cannot find where to > click so all 50 email address don't show on each of the emails. I just > want > only one email to appear and the rest to be ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

find record using combo box
I want to use combo box to locate a name. After update, the combo box shows the name but the form does not move to the record of combobox. Here is my code: Private Sub cboLook_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[name]= """ & Me.cboLook & """" 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark frmFlexSubform.SetFocus Set rs = Nothing End Sub You have a field named Name? Access ...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Attn: M02,3,4 users who use Passport/WinLiveID
You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.) See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020. You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time. (File|Password Manager). There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a date certain. Does this also means backup files taken from M02,3,4 will be inaccessible, even if they are opened with a current version of Money? Although if you have to go back four, five or six years you probably have bigger issues. But I have at times opened older backup files, even five...

Mobile Express
I have installed the CRM Mobile Express client and everything works well, but if I configure 'Order Product' entity will be available on mobile device. When I connect with my mobile application I cannot view the 'Order Product' entity. Same to invoice product. Please help! Thanks in advance Best Regards Cristiano ...

How do I set up headers for columns without using a row?
I need to make a list of names, addresses...etc, title the column but not use row 1 so that there is an acurrate count when viewing the spreadsheet. Mr/Mrs Cloud Type your column header e.g. NAMES in row 1, e.g. cell A1. Then place all your names in column A. Then highlight the entire column and select <Insert><Name><Create...> and select <Top Row> from the selections. This will apply a header to the column e.g. NAMES. Then when you want to count all the entries in NAMES you can use... =COUNTA(NAMES) and this will give the correct answer. Just replicate the abo...

cannot send email messages with attachments
outloook 2003 configured on new computer. can send emails without attachments. can not send emails without attachments. they are apparently not refused by my provider, because i can connect with a my old laptop and send the same attachments. message i receive is... Task pop.sao.terra.com.br sending reported error =x8004210B. The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) Hi marcus, micrsoft published the following article about that error mess...

Only allowing certain inputs into cells
I have a whole list of cells that formulas calculate off of that are based on 3 entrys into the cells. Either a -, 0, or 1. Is there a way to set the cell so that only one of those 3 characters can be entered? and if so, how do I do that? Thanks greatly. Hi David Check out Data>Validation in the menubar Choose list and type a,0,1 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "David C. Glasgo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020801c39a59$0bf46a00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a whole list of cells that for...

Problem using, ATL COM, CString and vector in a tree structure
Hi, I'm developing an ATL COM Object that contains a tree structure. ` This structure is defined like this : struct SPreferenceObject { CString strKey; CString strControlType; CString strText; long lLeft; long lTop; long lWidth; long lHeight; vector<IPreferenceObject*> Children; }; I'm in the class CPreferenceObject that is the implementation of IPreferenceObject (CoClass). When I want to add a child to the structure, I do a CoCreateInstance of a new IPreferenceObject with the clsid of CPreferenceObject... well, this part seems to work fine since I'm able to put the in...

email from excel to otlk 2003
Have upgraded to outlook 2003 after server upgrade sbs2003. OS is XP. Now cannot email worksheet direct from Excel 2000. Full attachment still ok but sometimes just want to send part, not whole. You must be using the same version of Outlook and other Office programs for full integration to work. What happens if you select a range of cells, then copy/paste them into Outlook? What message format are you using for Outlook? I know you can't use Word 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent t...

How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to records?
Subject says it. How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to records? TIA Antony Hi Antony, You can specify the size of the attachment in registry settings -> maxuploadfilesize. HTH, Niths "Antony" wrote: > Subject says it. How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to > records? TIA > Antony > ...