cannot access default website from internal workstations

Running SBS 2003 R2, users on the local network cannot access the default
website on the server. Users outside the local network can access the website
with no problems. Trying to access the site using the IP address also does
not work.
I'm thinking it may be a DNS issue, but not sure exactly where to look.

Brian Beckers wrote:
> Running SBS 2003 R2, users on the local network cannot access the default
> website on the server. Users outside the local network can access the website
> with no problems. Trying to access the site using the IP address also does
> not work.

Immediate first question: are you running ISA?

> I'm thinking it may be a DNS issue, but not sure exactly where to look.

Not if the IP address doesn't work. DNS is not involved there.

--
Joe
0

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Default namespace, prefix and XDocument
Hi all I have the following code: Namespace ns = "http://www.abc.com"; XDocument xDoc = new XDocument( new XElement(ns + "root", new XElement("person", new XAttribute("id", 1), new XElement("forename", "jack"), new XElement("age", 35)), new XElement("person", new XAttribute("id", 2), new XElement("for...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

how to change default comment format in excel (2000)
I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do it each time I enter a comment. Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to change the Font size at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default And she has a macro that can do more: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted superiorparties wrote: > > I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each > individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do >...

Trivia : the default desktop background for XP
That's an actual roadside picture he took while driving in Napa http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/article_7703c8b2-03e9-11df-bb34-001cc4c03286.html HoopleHead Alert. "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message news:u9IgsOhOLHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > That's an actual roadside picture he took while driving in Napa > > http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/article_7703c8b2-03e9-11df-bb34-001cc4c03286.html > Out of your dorm again? "Penn E. Loafer" <penn@eloafer.invalid> wrote in message news:i40rcg...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

internal customer sales with 0 sales value
we provide warehouse service for internal customers, therefore we receive goods that are not ordered by us and we issue the goods when the stores make a sales. we need to find a way to reduce the stock level when issuing the goods, but we dont want to record it as a sales because it is not really a sales. any idea how we can do it in Great Plains? Thanks for your help. ...

How to enable a default dissabled button
On selecting particular item from a tree view I want to enable a button which is on the same page. By default it is dissabled. But when the user select a particular item it should be enabled. Which function of Cbutton to use to do this or I have to write a customized function to do this >On selecting particular item from a tree view I want to enable a >button which is on the same page. By default it is dissabled. But when >the user select a particular item it should be enabled. Which function >of Cbutton to use to do this or I have to write a customized function >to do this A...

Accounting with Ms Access

Internal mail
Hi WWW, is it possible to setup a mechanism for some users ( or groups ) to mail just internally ? ( using exchange 2003 std ed ) And the big question is "how to do this" ? Maybe somebody here can help me ! As always thanks in advance. Steven. I think, if you remove their SMTP address, they cannot send mail to the outside world. Not 100% on that, but I think I remember reading that somewhere. "Steven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1cf001c49a56$79bf6d70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi WWW, > > is it possible to setup a mechanism ...

BP3 Site Settings access

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...