Am I behind the times?

I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well.
One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think)
couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working
just fine.

So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed.
I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or
no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS?
I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for
quite some time. Nonetheless, should I install it?

TIA  bobby

0
Bobby

Bobby Janow wrote:
> I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went
> well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web
> Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything
> seems to be working just fine.
>
> So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have
> missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup
> 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did
> that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it
> looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, should I
> install it?
>
> TIA  bobby
Unless you go into WSUS and approve these they don't get installed.

SP2 rollup 3 would only be offered now that you have sp2 but Win2k8 sp2
is a must get.

Yup install it.
0
Susan
4/10/2010 4:30:23 PM
Thanks Susan, I'll do it now.

"Susan Bradley" <sbradcpa@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Bobby Janow wrote:
>> I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went
>> well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps
>> (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to
>> be working just fine.
>>
>> So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have
>> missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3.
>> Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that
>> come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks
>> like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, should I install it?
>>
>> TIA  bobby
> Unless you go into WSUS and approve these they don't get installed.
>
> SP2 rollup 3 would only be offered now that you have sp2 but Win2k8 sp2 is
> a must get.
>
> Yup install it.

0
Bobby

Help with run-time error '2424' and '3265'
I am new to Access database. I am using Access 2007 and I am modifying a data entry program for a 100+ pages survey originally created in a version prior Access 2003. It requirs entering data twice for accuracy. The survey has several sections and each section has some forms. The data entry program starts with a main form to Add a new case or select an existing case to edit. A click on the EDIT button will bring up the Subject Menu form to select a section to edit. Then a click on a specific section will bring up the Section Menu with buttons for all the sub-forms within the sec...

Time Shift
We are having problems with 1 hour time shifting of appointments with connected devices to our servce. We are running SBS 2003 with Exchange. The time on the server and the attached workstations are all the same. When entering an appointment in Outlook the time is fine. However when a mobile device (we are using iphones, nokia's and sony mobiles) is connected some of the appointments on the mobile devices jumps forward 1 hour. This is not a common problem with people using the same mobile device (iphone) getting different results (one has the time shift problem another per...

SRF File behind
Is it true that the SRF file behind aspx won't work if the calling application is not CRM itself? Thanks It will work fine as long as your website/virtual directory is using windows auth or impersonation of a valid CRM user. Mike Greaterthantwo Media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. http://www.greaterthantwo.com "anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2120FAD1-2D2B-420B-B041-56FEE4C79629@microsoft.com... > Is it true that the SRF file behind aspx won't work if the calling a...

Date Time Picker control resizing
Hi, I have custom task form with some data fields using the Date Time Picker control. Sometimes, when I click on the drop down in the Date Time Picker to choose a date, the mini calendar becomes really big. If I get out of Outlook and try again sometimes its back to normal other times its can be very big or very small. I'm talking about the actual mini calendar when you click on the drop arrow and not the date field itself. Any help would be great. Thanks That's a known issue with the date picker control. You need code in your Item_Open event handler to size the control as ...

Elapsed time with custom work week.
I have a huge problem. I need to determine elapsed time in hours for projects. The main problem I am having is that I do not know how to set up a custom work week of 6am Monday - 6pm Friday. I have a formula now, but it does not take into account the special hours on Monday and Friday, but it does exclude the weekends. =NETWORKDAYS(Y2,Z2)-1+IF(NETWORKDAYS(Z2,Z2),MOD(Z2,1),1)- IF(NETWORKDAYS(Y2,Y2),MOD(Y2,1),0) Where: Y2 = DATE IN Z2 = DATE OUT Is there anyway to establish Mon - 6a-11:59p Tues - 12:00a - 11:59p Wed - 12:00a - 11:59p Thurs - 12:00a - 11:59p Fri - 12:00a - 6:00p Any help wou...

Run-Time Error 3070 when using FindFirst
I have two forms, one with summary data and one showing the full record. I am trying to open the full record, by double clicking on the summary record. Both forms use the same record set. Whe I do a debugm the "me.ConId" gives the right value. The error says that the that MS Access does not recognise "ContactId" as a valid fieldname. ConId is an alais of ContactId and formated as an integer I have checked the groups for this error, but only found solutions for text related data. Not sure if it applies to number dat. The code used is as follows:- Private Sub ConId_Db...

Convert to time
How would I go about converting 8.00 to 8:00:00 AM in excel. Can this be done? Floyd Forbes Wrote: > How would I go about converting 8.00 to 8:00:00 AM in excel. > Can this be done? Hi Floyd If A1 contains 8.00 format A2 to Time, then input =(A1/24)+A1 oldchippy : -- oldchipp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- oldchippy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1990 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57380 Divide by 24 and format as time. =a1/24 (8.50 will convert to 8:30 ...

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

Is there anyway to move a trendline behind the data series?
Hi, I'm using XL2002 with Windows 2000. I have a chart that I added a trendline to, but it obscures part of my data series, is there a way to move it behind the data series? If so, how? I can't figure it out. Thanks! Norm nOrM - You can use a thinner line, which would cut down on the obscurity of the data. Or you could get the parameters of the curve fit, either from LINEST (see Bernard Liengme's site for assistance if needed), or by extracting the coefficients from the trendline equation (see Dave Braden's technique). Use these parameters to determine X-Y data for ...

Time Stamp on messages off
Where does Exchange/Outlook get the timestamp for messages? Our messages (internal) are getting stamp with a time that is one hour off, the user's PC have the correct time and the server has the correct time, it's like the server is adjusting for a different time zone. Time is fine when I send a messge to an outside (Hotmail) account. Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0, clients use Outlook 2003 Thanks, James check timezone and daylight savings settings on Exchange server and clients' PCs... "James" <jaimelobo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eoeiP6qXEHA.2868@TK2MSFTNG...

How do I get a box picture behind text? Or

Reminders behind other windows
Why do all of my reminders, email notification, etc. popup behind the other windows I have open instead of in front? Thanks ...

Non working time not diplaying in the "View Resource availability"
Hi , I am facing a weird problem with our PMO. We are using Pro server 2003 along with project professional 2003. We are managing our non-working times through a separate project for every team where each team members fill up their own unplanned activities. The problem is with the tracking the vaction time & displaying it in the web page under resource availability view. We are managing the non-working times through each resources individual calendars e.g. blocking the particular days as non-working time. But when we are trying to analyse the resource availability it is ...

Quit Word 2008 in Snow Leopard time ?
I've noticed since upgrading to Snow Leopard that when I quit Word 2008 it takes a long time, as it always had, but now the Menu Bar changes so on the "left" end there is just the Apple icon and then a Script icon next to it (where the running application title is normally). Is this normal or should I go on a search for answers to this and perhaps other yet to see problems? Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hi Norm: What that means is that Word is exiting and clearing its icons from the menu bar, then the system is cleaning up a bit later. The system owns t...

Excel date column for working out time differences
I use Excel 2002 and I am trying to use an expression to calculate any entries older than 14 days and then send an email as a reminder. Date is in column1. I have the following code For j = 1 To lastcell If Cells(j, 13) <> "" And Cells(j, 14) = "" And Cells(j, 1).Value > (Now - 14) And Cells(j, 15) = "" Then Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object Dim cell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") OutApp.Session.Logon On Error GoTo cleanup ...

Formatting time: eliminate additional :00
I would like to include a time and date together (not the current one, but from the database). When I use: =([Date]) & ", " & ([Time]) I get: 4/30/2009, 9:15:00 AM How can I get rid of the last :00? =Format([Date] + [Time], "m/d/yyyy \, h:nn") Incidentally, if those are your real field names, change them. Date and TIme are both reserved words, and should never be used for your own purposes. For a comprehensive list of names to avoid (as well as a link to a free utility to check your application for compliance), check what Allen Browne ha...