Allow Mail Relay Possible?

Hi there,

A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers (Golf
Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time. We
now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our SBS
2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago describing
just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS article).

Can anyone help with this issue?

Dan

0
Daniel

------=_NextPart_000_0083_01CADC84.C69CA970

they need to outsource this using a company like Constant Contact.
If they've been doing this through their own exchange, why would you =
want to change and have it go through your exchange
the risk here is that you will get black listed as a spammer!

--=20
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/06723295=
73/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&s=3Dbooks&qid=3D1217269967&sr=3D8-1
Owner, CPU Services, Belleville, IL
A Microsoft Registered Partner
------------------------------------
MVPs do not work for Microsoft
Please do not submit questions directly to me.

  "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message =
  Hi there,

  A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers =
(Golf=20
  Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some =
time. We=20
  now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our =
SBS=20
  2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago =
describing=20
  just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS =
article).

  Can anyone help with this issue?

  Dan=20

------=_NextPart_000_0083_01CADC84.C69CA970

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>they need to outsource this using a =
company like=20
Constant Contact.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>If they've been doing this through =
their own=20
exchange, why would you want to change and have it go through your=20
exchange</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>the risk here is that you will get =
black listed as=20
a spammer!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)<BR>Co-Contributor, =
Windows=20
Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/=
0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D1217269967=
&amp;sr=3D8-1">http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleas=
hed/dp/0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D121=
7269967&amp;sr=3D8-1</A><BR>Owner,=20
CPU Services, Belleville, IL<BR>A Microsoft Registered=20
Partner<BR>------------------------------------<BR>MVPs do not work for=20
Microsoft<BR>Please do not submit questions directly to me.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br">cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br</A>&gt;=
 wrote=20
  in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>Hi=20
  there,<BR><BR>A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about =
35000=20
  customers (Golf <BR>Resort) and they have been sending mails through =
Exchange=20
  for some time. We <BR>now want to be able to allow them to send mail =
to this=20
  list using our SBS <BR>2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an =
article a=20
  while ago describing <BR>just that. Did a search but did not get the =
article=20
  (it was an SBS article).<BR><BR>Can anyone help with this =
issue?<BR><BR>Dan=20
  <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0083_01CADC84.C69CA970--

0
Cris
4/15/2010 3:16:55 PM
In article <ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>,
cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br says...

> Hi there,
>
> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers (Golf
> Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time. We
> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our SBS
> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago describing
> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS article).
>
> Can anyone help with this issue?

DO NOT ALLOW IT ON YOUR SERVER, it WILL, not if, it WILL get you black-
listed.

There are public companies setup to do this sort of marketing that will
keep you/them off black lists and properly follow the spam-act.

Trust yourself.
Leythos
4/15/2010 4:09:25 PM
"Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message =
> Hi there,
>=20
> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers =
(Golf=20
> Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some =
time. We=20
> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our =
SBS=20
> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago =
describing=20
> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS =
article).
>=20
> Can anyone help with this issue?
>=20
> Dan=20

As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use your SBS as a =
mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block list, =
ESPECIALLY with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, and the =
customer's, *please* use a third party service.

--=20
Ace

This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and =
confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit =
among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & =
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, =
please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check =
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
0
Ace
4/15/2010 8:50:24 PM
I have used it (our SBS Server) several times for our own lists of about 380
contacts without issues. Of course, a bonafide list (contacts have agreed to
receiving our mail)

Dan

"Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org> wrote in message
> "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers
>> (Golf
>> Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time.
>> We
>> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our SBS
>> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago describing
>> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS
>> article).
>>
>> Can anyone help with this issue?
>>
>> Dan
>>

> As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use your SBS as a
> mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block list, ESPECIALLY
> with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, and the customer's,
> *please* use a third party service.
>
> --
> Ace
>
> This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and
> confers no rights.
>
> Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit
> among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your
> resolution.
>
> Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE &
> MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
> Microsoft Certified Trainer
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>
> If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance,
> please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
> http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Daniel

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CADD3E.CCD6A3D0

380 is vastly different from 35000.
Again you state that this customer has their own exchange server...why =
relay through yours and risk it.

  I have used it (our SBS Server) several times for our own lists of =
about 380=20
  contacts without issues. Of course, a bonafide list (contacts have =
agreed to=20
  receiving our mail)

  Dan

  "Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org> wrote in =
message=20
  > "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message=20
  >> Hi there,
  >>
  >> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 =
customers=20
  >> (Golf
  >> Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some =
time.=20
  >> We
  >> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using =
our SBS
  >> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago =
describing
  >> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS=20
  >> article).
  >>
  >> Can anyone help with this issue?
  >>
  >> Dan
  >>

  > As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use your SBS =
as a=20
  > mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block list, =
ESPECIALLY=20
  > with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, and the =
customer's,=20
  > *please* use a third party service.
  >
  > --=20
  > Ace
  >
  > This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees =
and=20
  > confers no rights.
  >
  > Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration =
benefit=20
  > among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your=20
  > resolution.
  >
  > Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, =
MCSE &=20
  > MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
  > Microsoft Certified Trainer
  > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
  >
  > If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate =
assistance,=20
  > please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check=20
  > http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.=20

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CADD3E.CCD6A3D0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>380 is vastly different from =
35000.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Again you state that this customer has =
their own=20
exchange server...why relay through yours and risk it.</FONT></DIV>
[...]
href=3D"news:%23voy%23%23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23voy%23%=
23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have used it (our SBS Server) several times for our own lists of about =
380=20
  <BR>contacts without issues. Of course, a bonafide list (contacts have =
agreed=20
  to <BR>receiving our mail)<BR><BR>Dan<BR><BR>"Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT]" =
&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org">aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart=
..org</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:eHHBH1N3KHA.1864@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:eHHBH1N3KHA.1864=
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  "Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br">cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br</A>&gt;=
 wrote=20
  in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  Hi there,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; A customer of ours has a bonafide =
mail list=20
  of about 35000 customers <BR>&gt;&gt; (Golf<BR>&gt;&gt; Resort) and =
they have=20
  been sending mails through Exchange for some time. <BR>&gt;&gt; =
We<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our=20
  SBS<BR>&gt;&gt; 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a =
while ago=20
  describing<BR>&gt;&gt; just that. Did a search but did not get the =
article (it=20
  was an SBS <BR>&gt;&gt; article).<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Can anyone =
help with=20
  this issue?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; =
Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; As=20
  Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use your SBS as a =
<BR>&gt;=20
  mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block list, =
ESPECIALLY=20
  <BR>&gt; with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, and the =

  customer's, <BR>&gt; *please* use a third party =
service.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; --=20
  <BR>&gt; Ace<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no=20
  warranties or guarantees and <BR>&gt; confers no =
rights.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit =
<BR>&gt;=20
  among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =
<BR>&gt;=20
  resolution.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS =
Windows 2008=20
  &amp; Exchange 2007, MCSE &amp; <BR>&gt; MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA =
Messaging=20
  2003<BR>&gt; Microsoft Certified Trainer<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP - =
Directory=20
  Services<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; If you feel this is an urgent issue and =
require=20
  immediate assistance, <BR>&gt; please contact Microsoft PSS directly. =
Please=20
  check <BR>&gt; <A=20
  href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com">http://support.microsoft.com</A> =
for=20
  regional support phone numbers. <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CADD3E.CCD6A3D0--

0
Cris

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01CADD52.70608170

If I can manage it properly, without risks, we will get paid for it. =
Another small but a good source of income. (I would only handle the mail =
shots ... about twice a month, not daily mail)
Dan
  "Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]" <crisnospamhanna@cpunospamservices.net> wrote =
in message news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> [...]

customer's,=20
    > *please* use a third party service.
    >
    > --=20
    > Ace
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees =
and=20
    > confers no rights.
    >
    > Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration =
benefit=20
    > among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your=20
    > resolution.
    >
    > Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, =
MCSE &=20
    > MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
    > Microsoft Certified Trainer
    > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    >
    > If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate =
assistance,=20
    > please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check=20

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>If I can manage it properly, without =
risks, we will=20
get paid for it. Another small but a good source of income. (I would =
only handle=20
the mail shots ... about twice a month, not daily mail)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Dan</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:crisnospamhanna@cpunospamservices.net">crisnospamhanna@cpu=
nospamservices.net</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  title=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23ox41iW3KHA.=
1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>380 is vastly different from =
35000.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Again you state that this customer =
has their own=20
  exchange server...why relay through yours and risk it.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since 1997)<BR>Co-Contributor, =
Windows=20
  Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed<BR><A=20
  =
title=3D"http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp=
/0672329573/ref=3Dpd_bbs_sr_1?ie=3DUTF8&amp;s=3Dbooks&amp;qid=3D121726996=
7&amp;sr=3D8-1&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  =
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:%23voy%23%23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23voy%23%=
23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
    have used it (our SBS Server) several times for our own lists of =
about 380=20
    <BR>contacts without issues. Of course, a bonafide list (contacts =
have=20
    agreed to <BR>receiving our mail)<BR><BR>Dan<BR><BR>"Ace Fekay =
[MVP-DS,=20
    MCT]" &lt;<A=20
    =
    =
    wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
    Hi there,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; A customer of ours has a bonafide =
mail=20
    list of about 35000 customers <BR>&gt;&gt; (Golf<BR>&gt;&gt; Resort) =
and=20
    they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time. =
<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
    We<BR>&gt;&gt; now want to be able to allow them to send mail to =
this list=20
    using our SBS<BR>&gt;&gt; 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an =
article=20
    a while ago describing<BR>&gt;&gt; just that. Did a search but did =
not get=20
    the article (it was an SBS <BR>&gt;&gt; =
article).<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
    Can anyone help with this issue?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
    Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; As Chris and Leythos =
suggested, I do=20
    not recommend to use your SBS as a <BR>&gt; mail list server. That's =
a=20
    guarantee to get on to a block list, ESPECIALLY <BR>&gt; with a =
35,000 email=20
    list. For your own piece of mind, and the customer's, <BR>&gt; =
*please* use=20
    a third party service.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; =
Ace<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; This=20
    posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and =
<BR>&gt;=20
    confers no rights.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Please reply back to the =
newsgroup or=20
    forum for collaboration benefit <BR>&gt; among responding engineers, =
and to=20
    help others benefit from your <BR>&gt; resolution.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
Ace=20
    Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 &amp; Exchange 2007, =
MCSE &amp;=20
    <BR>&gt; MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003<BR>&gt; Microsoft =
Certified=20
    Trainer<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP - Directory Services<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
If you=20
    feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, =
<BR>&gt;=20
    please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check <BR>&gt; <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com">http://support.microsoft.com</A> =
for=20
    regional support phone numbers. =
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01CADD52.70608170--

0
Daniel

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CADD4B.6D235C00

Why not have this client allow you access to their system remotely, you =
can send the emails from their system and still get paid. End of =
problem.
[...]

in message=20
      > "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message=20
      >> Hi there,
      >>
      >> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 =
customers=20
      >> (Golf
      >> Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for =
some time.=20
      >> We
      >> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list =
using our SBS
      >> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago =
describing
      >> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an =
SBS=20
      >> article).
      >>
      >> Can anyone help with this issue?
      >>
      >> Dan
      >>

      > As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use your =
SBS as a=20
      > mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block list, =
ESPECIALLY=20
      > with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, and the =
customer's,=20
      > *please* use a third party service.
      >
      > --=20
      > Ace
      >
      > This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or =
guarantees and=20
      > confers no rights.
      >
      > Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration =
benefit=20
      > among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =

      > resolution.
      >
      > Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange =
2007, MCSE &=20
      > MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
      > Microsoft Certified Trainer
      > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
      >
      > If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate =
assistance,=20
      > please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check=20
      > http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers. =

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CADD4B.6D235C00

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
name=3D"Compose message area" CanvasTabStop=3D"true">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Why not have this client allow you =
access to their=20
system remotely, you can send the emails from their system and still get =
paid.=20
End of problem.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br">cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br</A>&gt;=
 wrote=20
  in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23G%23LXuW3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23G%23LXuW3=
KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>If I can manage it properly, without =
risks, we=20
  will get paid for it. Another small but a good source of income. (I =
would only=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    title=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
    =
href=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23ox41iW3KHA.=
1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>380 is vastly different from=20
35000.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Again you state that this customer =
has their=20
    own exchange server...why relay through yours and risk =
it.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since =
1997)<BR>Co-Contributor,=20
    Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed<BR><A=20
    =
      =
      =
      wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
      =
href=3D"news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
      Hi there,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; A customer of ours has a =
bonafide mail=20
      list of about 35000 customers <BR>&gt;&gt; (Golf<BR>&gt;&gt; =
Resort) and=20
      they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time. =
<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
      We<BR>&gt;&gt; now want to be able to allow them to send mail to =
this list=20
      using our SBS<BR>&gt;&gt; 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing =
an=20
      article a while ago describing<BR>&gt;&gt; just that. Did a search =
but did=20
      not get the article (it was an SBS <BR>&gt;&gt;=20
      article).<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Can anyone help with this=20
      issue?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; =
Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; As=20
      Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use your SBS as =
a=20
      <BR>&gt; mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block =
list,=20
      ESPECIALLY <BR>&gt; with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece =
of mind,=20
      and the customer's, <BR>&gt; *please* use a third party=20
      service.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Ace<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; This =
posting is=20
      provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and <BR>&gt; =
confers no=20
      rights.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Please reply back to the newsgroup or =
forum for=20
      collaboration benefit <BR>&gt; among responding engineers, and to =
help=20
      others benefit from your <BR>&gt; resolution.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Ace =
Fekay,=20
      MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 &amp; Exchange 2007, MCSE =
&amp;=20
      <BR>&gt; MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003<BR>&gt; Microsoft =
Certified=20
      Trainer<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP - Directory Services<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
If you=20
      feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, =
<BR>&gt;=20
      please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check <BR>&gt; <A=20
      =
href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com">http://support.microsoft.com</A> =
for=20
      regional support phone numbers.=20
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CADD4B.6D235C00--

0
Gary

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CADD57.ABEB53A0

They are a 24/7 operation (resort) and are already using SBS 2003 R2 =
Premium to deliver daily mail and the mail shot for almost 2 years now =
without issues. They are now flirting with the idea to pay us to do it =
(mailshots) and concentrate on other daily biz stuff.
Dan
  "Gary S" <garysmith@cummingsandsmith.com> wrote in message =
[...]

of about 380=20
        contacts without issues. Of course, a bonafide list (contacts =
have agreed to=20
        receiving our mail)

        Dan

        "Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org> wrote =
in message=20
        > "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message=20
        >> Hi there,
        >>
        >> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 =
customers=20
        >> (Golf
        >> Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for =
some time.=20
        >> We
        >> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list =
using our SBS
        >> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while =
ago describing
        >> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was =
an SBS=20
        >> article).
        >>
        >> Can anyone help with this issue?
        >>
        >> Dan
        >>

        > As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use your =
SBS as a=20
        > mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block =
list, ESPECIALLY=20
        > with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, and the =
customer's,=20
        > *please* use a third party service.
        >
        > --=20
        > Ace
        >
        > This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or =
guarantees and=20
        > confers no rights.
        >
        > Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration =
benefit=20
        > among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from =
your=20
        > resolution.
        >
        > Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange =
2007, MCSE &=20
        > MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
        > Microsoft Certified Trainer
        > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
        >
        > If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate =
assistance,=20
        > please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check=20
        > http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone =
numbers.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CADD57.ABEB53A0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>They are a 24/7 operation (resort) and =
are already=20
using SBS 2003 R2 Premium to deliver daily mail and the mail shot for =
almost 2=20
years now without issues. They are now flirting with the idea to pay us =
to do it=20
(mailshots) and concentrate on other daily biz stuff.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Dan</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"Gary S" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:garysmith@cummingsandsmith.com&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:garysmith@cummingsandsmith.com">garysmith@cummingsandsmith=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  title=3D"news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Why not have this client allow you =
access to=20
  their system remotely, you can send the emails from their system and =
still get=20
  paid. End of problem.</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
  dir=3Dltr>
    <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
    =
href=3D"mailto:cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br">cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br</A>&gt;=
=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    title=3D"news:%23G%23LXuW3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
    =
href=3D"news:%23G%23LXuW3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23G%23LXuW3=
KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>If I can manage it properly, =
without risks, we=20
    will get paid for it. Another small but a good source of income. (I =
would=20
    only handle the mail shots ... about twice a month, not daily=20
    mail)</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Dan</FONT></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
    dir=3Dltr>
      <DIV>"Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]" &lt;<A=20
      title=3D"mailto:crisnospamhanna@cpunospamservices.net&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
      =
      wrote in message <A=20
      title=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
      =
href=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23ox41iW3KHA.=
1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
      <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>380 is vastly different from=20
      35000.</FONT></DIV>
      <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Again you state that this =
customer has their=20
        wrote in message <A=20
        =
href=3D"news:%23voy%23%23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23voy%23%=
23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
        have used it (our SBS Server) several times for our own lists of =
about=20
        380 <BR>contacts without issues. Of course, a bonafide list =
(contacts=20
        have agreed to <BR>receiving our mail)<BR><BR>Dan<BR><BR>"Ace =
Fekay=20
        [MVP-DS, MCT]" &lt;<A=20
        =
        =
        wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
        =
href=3D"news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
        Hi there,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; A customer of ours has a =
bonafide mail=20
        list of about 35000 customers <BR>&gt;&gt; (Golf<BR>&gt;&gt; =
Resort) and=20
        they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time.=20
        <BR>&gt;&gt; We<BR>&gt;&gt; now want to be able to allow them to =
send=20
        mail to this list using our SBS<BR>&gt;&gt; 2003 Exchange =
Server. I=20
        remember seeing an article a while ago describing<BR>&gt;&gt; =
just that.=20
        Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS =
<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
        article).<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Can anyone help with this=20
        issue?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; =
Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
        As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use your =
SBS as a=20
        <BR>&gt; mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a =
block list,=20
        ESPECIALLY <BR>&gt; with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece =
of=20
        mind, and the customer's, <BR>&gt; *please* use a third party=20
        service.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Ace<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; This =
posting is=20
        provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and <BR>&gt; =
confers=20
        no rights.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Please reply back to the newsgroup or =
forum=20
        for collaboration benefit <BR>&gt; among responding engineers, =
and to=20
        help others benefit from your <BR>&gt; =
resolution.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Ace=20
        Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 &amp; Exchange =
2007, MCSE=20
        &amp; <BR>&gt; MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003<BR>&gt; =
Microsoft=20
        Certified Trainer<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP - Directory=20
        Services<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; If you feel this is an urgent issue and =
require=20
        immediate assistance, <BR>&gt; please contact Microsoft PSS =
directly.=20
        Please check <BR>&gt; <A=20
        =
href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com">http://support.microsoft.com</A> =
for=20
        regional support phone numbers.=20
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CADD57.ABEB53A0--

0
Daniel
4/16/2010 2:26:34 PM
That stil does not explain why you would not manage the process to be
completed from their server. You can still make money using their
network. How hard can it be to compose an email, pull up the
distribution list, click on the Send Persoanlly icon and off goes
35,000 individual emails. Send Personally is an inexpensive utility by
MAPILabs.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:26:34 -0300, "Daniel Jewel"
> [...]

>        >
>        > --
>        > Ace
>        >
>        > This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and
>        > confers no rights.
>        >
>        > Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit
>        > among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your
>        > resolution.
>        >
>        > Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE &
>        > MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
>        > Microsoft Certified Trainer
>        > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
>        >
>        > If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance,
>        > please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
See what SBS support is working on
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/default.aspx
Check your SBS with the SBS Best Practices Analyzer
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/tags/BPA/default.aspx
0
Jim

------=_NextPart_000_020C_01CADD5F.00953310

I understand this is what they want, and how you can use it to generate =
income. Myself and others have discussed reasons not to do this, as well =
as suggesting third party solutions.=20

I'm curious that for the past two years with 35,000 in the list, have =
they ever wound up on a block list?

Either way you decide, I wish you the best. :-)

Ace
[...]

lists of about 380=20

wrote in message=20
          > "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message=20
          >> Hi there,
          >>
          >> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 =
customers=20
          >> (Golf
          >> Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange =
for some time.=20
          >> We
          >> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list =
using our SBS
          >> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while =
ago describing
          >> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was =
an SBS=20
          >> article).
          >>
          >> Can anyone help with this issue?
          >>
          >> Dan
          >>

          > As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use =
your SBS as a=20
          > mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block =
list, ESPECIALLY=20
          > with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, and =
the customer's,=20
          > *please* use a third party service.
          >
          > --=20
          > Ace
          >
          > This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or =
guarantees and=20
          > confers no rights.
          >
          > Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for =
collaboration benefit=20
          > among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from =
your=20
          > resolution.
          >
          > Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange =
2007, MCSE &=20
          > MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
          > Microsoft Certified Trainer
          > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
          >
          > If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate =
assistance,=20
          > please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check=20
          > http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone =
numbers.=20

------=_NextPart_000_020C_01CADD5F.00953310

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 name=3D"Compose message =
area"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true">
<DIV><FONT size=3D1><FONT size=3D2>I understand this is what they want, =
and how you=20
can use it to generate income. Myself and others have discussed reasons =
not to=20
do this, as well as</FONT> </FONT><FONT size=3D2>suggesting third party =
solutions.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm curious that for the past two years with 35,000 =
in the=20
list, have they ever wound up on a block list?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Either way you decide, I wish you the best. =
:-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ace</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br">cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br</A>&gt;=
 wrote=20
  in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23WXGTDX3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23WXGTDX3KHA.=
1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They are a 24/7 operation (resort) =
and are=20
  already using SBS 2003 R2 Premium to deliver daily mail and the mail =
shot for=20
  almost 2 years now without issues. They are now flirting with the idea =
to pay=20
  us to do it (mailshots) and concentrate on other daily biz =
stuff.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dan</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    title=3D"news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
    =
href=3D"news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why not have this client allow you =
access to=20
    their system remotely, you can send the emails from their system and =
still=20
    get paid. End of problem.</FONT></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
      <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
      =
      wrote in message <A=20
      title=3D"news:%23G%23LXuW3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
      =
href=3D"news:%23G%23LXuW3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23G%23LXuW3=
KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
      <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If I can manage it properly, =
without risks,=20
      we will get paid for it. Another small but a good source of =
income. (I=20
      would only handle the mail shots ... about twice a month, not =
daily=20
      mail)</FONT></DIV>
        wrote in message <A=20
        title=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
        =
href=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23ox41iW3KHA.=
1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>380 is vastly different from=20
        35000.</FONT></DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Again you state that this =
customer has=20
        their own exchange server...why relay through yours and risk=20
        it.</FONT></DIV>
[...]
        style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: =
5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
          <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
          =
          wrote in message <A=20
          =
href=3D"news:%23voy%23%23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23voy%23%=
23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
          have used it (our SBS Server) several times for our own lists =
of about=20
          =
          wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
          =
href=3D"news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
          Hi there,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; A customer of ours has a =
bonafide=20
          mail list of about 35000 customers <BR>&gt;&gt; =
(Golf<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
          Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for =
some=20
          time. <BR>&gt;&gt; We<BR>&gt;&gt; now want to be able to allow =
them to=20
          send mail to this list using our SBS<BR>&gt;&gt; 2003 Exchange =
Server.=20
          I remember seeing an article a while ago =
describing<BR>&gt;&gt; just=20
          that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS=20
          <BR>&gt;&gt; article).<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Can anyone help =
with=20
          this issue?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
          Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; As Chris and Leythos=20
          suggested, I do not recommend to use your SBS as a <BR>&gt; =
mail list=20
          server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block list, =
ESPECIALLY=20
          <BR>&gt; with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, =
and the=20
          customer's, <BR>&gt; *please* use a third party=20
          service.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Ace<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; This =
posting=20
          is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and =
<BR>&gt;=20
          confers no rights.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Please reply back to the =
newsgroup=20
          or forum for collaboration benefit <BR>&gt; among responding=20
          engineers, and to help others benefit from your <BR>&gt;=20
          resolution.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, =
MCTS=20
          Windows 2008 &amp; Exchange 2007, MCSE &amp; <BR>&gt; MCSA =
2003/2000,=20
          MCSA Messaging 2003<BR>&gt; Microsoft Certified =
Trainer<BR>&gt;=20
          Microsoft MVP - Directory Services<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; If you feel =
this is=20
          an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, <BR>&gt; =
please=20
href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com">http://support.microsoft.com</A>=20
          for regional support phone numbers.=20
    =
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BO=
DY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_020C_01CADD5F.00953310--

0
Ace

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01CADD77.A39F4010

Thanks Ace,

Yes they have been OK for the past 2 years. But what my original post =
(doubt) is about how to go about allowing just one user (customer user) =
to fire the mailshot relaying through our server and the configs I need =
on my own SBS so that can go through ... if at all

message news:%23vbzICY3KHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
[...]

(contacts have agreed to=20

wrote in message=20
            > "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message =

            >> Hi there,
            >>
            >> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about =
35000 customers=20
            >> (Golf
            >> Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange =
for some time.=20
            >> We
            >> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this =
list using our SBS
            >> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a =
while ago describing
            >> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it =
was an SBS=20
            >> article).
            >>
            >> Can anyone help with this issue?
            >>
            >> Dan
            >>

            > As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to use =
your SBS as a=20
            > mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block =
list, ESPECIALLY=20
            > with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, and =
the customer's,=20
            > *please* use a third party service.
            >
            > --=20
            > Ace
            >
            > This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or =
guarantees and=20
            > confers no rights.
            >
            > Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for =
collaboration benefit=20
            > among responding engineers, and to help others benefit =
from your=20
            > resolution.
            >
            > Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & =
Exchange 2007, MCSE &=20
            > MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
            > Microsoft Certified Trainer
            > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
            >
            > If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate =
assistance,=20
            > please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check=20
            > http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone =
numbers.=20

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01CADD77.A39F4010

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thanks Ace,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Yes they have been OK for the past 2 =
years. But=20
what my original post (doubt) is about how to go about allowing just one =
user=20
(customer user) to fire the mailshot relaying through our server and the =
configs=20
I need on my own SBS so that can go through ... if at all</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Dan</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT]" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org">aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart=
..org</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23vbzICY3KHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23vbzICY3KHA.=
3352@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D1><FONT size=3D2>I understand this is what they =
want, and how=20
  you can use it to generate income. Myself and others have discussed =
reasons=20
  not to do this, as well as</FONT> </FONT><FONT size=3D2>suggesting =
third party=20
  solutions. </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm curious that for the past two years with =
35,000 in the=20
  list, have they ever wound up on a block list?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Either way you decide, I wish you the best. =
:-)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ace</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
  dir=3Dltr>
    <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
    title=3D"mailto:cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
    =
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:%23WXGTDX3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23WXGTDX3KHA.=
1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>They are a 24/7 operation (resort) =
and are=20
    already using SBS 2003 R2 Premium to deliver daily mail and the mail =
shot=20
    for almost 2 years now without issues. They are now flirting with =
the idea=20
    to pay us to do it (mailshots) and concentrate on other daily biz=20
    stuff.</FONT></DIV>
      wrote in message <A=20
      title=3D"news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
      =
href=3D"news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
      <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Why not have this client allow =
you access to=20
      their system remotely, you can send the emails from their system =
and still=20
          wrote in message <A=20
[...]
work=20
          for Microsoft<BR>Please do not submit questions directly to=20
          me.<BR></DIV>
          <BLOCKQUOTE=20
            <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
            =
            wrote in message <A=20
            =
href=3D"news:%23voy%23%23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23voy%23%=
23V3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
            have used it (our SBS Server) several times for our own =
lists of=20
            about 380 <BR>contacts without issues. Of course, a bonafide =
list=20
            (contacts have agreed to <BR>receiving our=20
            =
            wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
            =
href=3D"news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
            Hi there,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; A customer of ours has a =
bonafide=20
            mail list of about 35000 customers <BR>&gt;&gt; =
(Golf<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
            Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange =
for some=20
            time. <BR>&gt;&gt; We<BR>&gt;&gt; now want to be able to =
allow them=20
            to send mail to this list using our SBS<BR>&gt;&gt; 2003 =
Exchange=20
            Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago=20
            describing<BR>&gt;&gt; just that. Did a search but did not =
get the=20
            article (it was an SBS <BR>&gt;&gt;=20
            article).<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Can anyone help with this=20
            issue?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
            Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; As Chris and Leythos =

            suggested, I do not recommend to use your SBS as a <BR>&gt; =
mail=20
            list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block list,=20
            ESPECIALLY <BR>&gt; with a 35,000 email list. For your own =
piece of=20
            mind, and the customer's, <BR>&gt; *please* use a third =
party=20
            service.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Ace<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
This=20
            posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees =
and=20
            <BR>&gt; confers no rights.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Please reply =
back to the=20
            newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit <BR>&gt; among=20
            responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =
<BR>&gt;=20
            resolution.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, =
MCTS=20
            Windows 2008 &amp; Exchange 2007, MCSE &amp; <BR>&gt; MCSA=20
            2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003<BR>&gt; Microsoft Certified=20
            Trainer<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP - Directory =
Services<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
            If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate=20
            assistance, <BR>&gt; please contact Microsoft PSS directly. =
Please=20
            check <BR>&gt; <A=20
            =
href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com">http://support.microsoft.com</A>=20
            for regional support phone numbers.=20
      =
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BL=
OCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01CADD77.A39F4010--

0
Daniel

------=_NextPart_000_02EF_01CADD76.9E9C18F0

You will have to provide credentials to relay. There's no secret to =
that. It worked the same under previous Exchange servers, too. ISP's =
have this requirement too, when using their POP/SMTP services. You can =
either configure the default SMTP connector, or the Client connector, in =
the mail client you are using. The client SMTP connector uses port 587. =
Of course, if doing this from a machine from outside of the =
infrastructure, these ports need to be opened.

Ace

wrote in message=20
              > "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in =
message=20
              >> Hi there,
              >>
              >> A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about =
35000 customers=20
              >> (Golf
              >> Resort) and they have been sending mails through =
Exchange for some time.=20
              >> We
              >> now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this =
list using our SBS
              >> 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a =
while ago describing
              >> just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it =
was an SBS=20
              >> article).
              >>
              >> Can anyone help with this issue?
              >>
              >> Dan
              >>

              > As Chris and Leythos suggested, I do not recommend to =
use your SBS as a=20
              > mail list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a =
block list, ESPECIALLY=20
              > with a 35,000 email list. For your own piece of mind, =
and the customer's,=20
              > *please* use a third party service.
              >
              > --=20
              > Ace
              >
              > This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or =
guarantees and=20
              > confers no rights.
              >
              > Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for =
collaboration benefit=20
              > among responding engineers, and to help others benefit =
from your=20
              > resolution.
              >
              > Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & =
Exchange 2007, MCSE &=20
              > MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
              > Microsoft Certified Trainer
              > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
              >
              > If you feel this is an urgent issue and require =
immediate assistance,=20
              > please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check=20
              > http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone =
numbers.=20

------=_NextPart_000_02EF_01CADD76.9E9C18F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 name=3D"Compose message =
area"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true">
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You will have to provide credentials to =
relay.=20
There's no secret to that. It worked the same under previous Exchange =
servers,=20
too. ISP's have this requirement too, when using their POP/SMTP =
services. You=20
can either configure the default SMTP connector, or the Client =
connector, in the=20
mail client you are using. The client SMTP connector&nbsp;uses port 587. =
Of=20
course, if doing this from a machine from outside of the infrastructure, =
these=20
ports need to be opened.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ace</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Daniel Jewel" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br">cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br</A>&gt;=
 wrote=20
  in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:e28vKDZ3KHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:e28vKDZ3KHA.3728=
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks Ace,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes they have been OK for the past 2 =
years. But=20
  what my original post (doubt) is about how to go about allowing just =
one user=20
  (customer user) to fire the mailshot relaying through our server and =
the=20
  configs I need on my own SBS so that can go through ... if at =
all</FONT></DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:%23vbzICY3KHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23vbzICY3KHA.=
3352@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D1><FONT size=3D2>I understand this is what they =
want, and how=20
    you can use it to generate income. Myself and others have discussed =
reasons=20
    not to do this, as well as</FONT> </FONT><FONT size=3D2>suggesting =
third party=20
    solutions. </FONT></DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm curious that for the past two years with =
35,000 in the=20
    list, have they ever wound up on a block list?</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Either way you decide, I wish you the best.=20
      wrote in message <A=20
      =
href=3D"news:%23WXGTDX3KHA.1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:%23WXGTDX3KHA.=
1016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
      <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>They are a 24/7 operation =
(resort) and are=20
      already using SBS 2003 R2 Premium to deliver daily mail and the =
mail shot=20
        wrote in message <A=20
        title=3D"news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + =
Click to follow link"=20
        =
href=3D"news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:O31qH1W3KHA.5880=
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Why not have this client allow =
you access=20
        to their system remotely, you can send the emails from their =
system and=20
        still get paid. End of problem.</FONT></DIV>
        <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
          wrote in message <A=20
          =
title=3D"news:%23G%23LXuW3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
          =
href=3D"news:%23G%23LXuW3KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23G%23LXuW3=
KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
          <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If I can manage it properly, =
without=20
          risks, we will get paid for it. Another small but a good =
source of=20
          income. (I would only handle the mail shots ... about twice a =
month,=20
          not daily mail)</FONT></DIV>
            wrote in message <A=20
            =
title=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
            =
href=3D"news:%23ox41iW3KHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23ox41iW3KHA.=
1660@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
            <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>380 is vastly different =
from=20
            35000.</FONT></DIV>
            <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Again you state that this =
customer has=20
            their own exchange server...why relay through yours and risk =

            it.</FONT></DIV>
            <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] (since=20
            1997)<BR>Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008=20
            Unleashed<BR><A=20
            =
              =
              =
              wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
              =
href=3D"news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:ej5m7vK3KHA.3844=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
              Hi there,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; A customer of ours has a =

              bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers <BR>&gt;&gt;=20
              (Golf<BR>&gt;&gt; Resort) and they have been sending mails =
through=20
              Exchange for some time. <BR>&gt;&gt; We<BR>&gt;&gt; now =
want to be=20
              able to allow them to send mail to this list using our=20
              SBS<BR>&gt;&gt; 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an =
article=20
              a while ago describing<BR>&gt;&gt; just that. Did a search =
but did=20
              not get the article (it was an SBS <BR>&gt;&gt;=20
              article).<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Can anyone help with =
this=20
              issue?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
              Dan<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; As Chris and =
Leythos=20
              suggested, I do not recommend to use your SBS as a =
<BR>&gt; mail=20
              list server. That's a guarantee to get on to a block list, =

              ESPECIALLY <BR>&gt; with a 35,000 email list. For your own =
piece=20
              of mind, and the customer's, <BR>&gt; *please* use a third =
party=20
              service.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Ace<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; =
This=20
              posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or =
guarantees and=20
              <BR>&gt; confers no rights.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Please reply =
back to=20
              the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit <BR>&gt; =
among=20
              responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =

              <BR>&gt; resolution.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, =
MCITP=20
              EA, MCTS Windows 2008 &amp; Exchange 2007, MCSE &amp; =
<BR>&gt;=20
              MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003<BR>&gt; Microsoft =
Certified=20
              Trainer<BR>&gt; Microsoft MVP - Directory =
Services<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
              If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate=20
              assistance, <BR>&gt; please contact Microsoft PSS =
directly. Please=20
              check <BR>&gt; <A=20
              =
href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com">http://support.microsoft.com</A>=20
              for regional support phone numbers.=20
        =
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BL=
OCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02EF_01CADD76.9E9C18F0--

0
Ace

Entire Active Directory visible when Allowing Users to Edit Ranges
Excel XP on Windows 2000. TS Environment running Citrix. Following Problem: Tools - Protection - Allow user to edit ranges - new - permissions - add. This provides a list of the ENTIRE active directory of the domain. Where is the switch to turn this off or to limit the access? Am I in the right newsgroup even? Any hints will be greatly appreciated. ...

Windows Live mail import into windows mail
I recently got windows 7 but had to download windows live mail for my boss.However,he doesnt like the new windows live and therefore had to get the laptop on vista so that he can use windows mail.Problem is that,I have exported the messages in windows live mail but now unable to import them into windows mail. Any ideas ? Please help Drag the WLMail messages to an open WM folder. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3726F4A7-DD60-4D55-AE1B-F952D8282A1E@microsoft.com... > I recently got w...

Does Outlook 2003 allow multiple Exchange accounts?
Hi, I was wondering if Microsoft figured out a way to have more than one Exchange accounts in Outlook 2003? I realize that I can have multiple Exchange accounts in Outlook 2002 provided that I set them up as POP3 or IMAP. I'm talking about having multiple pure Exchange accounts w/ calendar and everthing. Thanks, Sam Nope. Only 1 Exchange account is still supported when working against 2 or more sites. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Sam" <sam@iqinternet.com> wrote in message news:e1sEVVao...

Contacts in Live Mail
In Outlook Express, the Address book can have more than one group, each with various contacts such as friends in UK, or USA or certain shops so that in sending e-mails, I can select from with specific groups, specific addresess BUT with Live Mail, that appears not to be possible. How do I set up various groups with individual addresses so I can select from those groups as required ? I do not want to have to scoll thru hundreds of addresses each time. -- Ron In WLM, groups are called "Categories" You can create categories, and add your contacts to them. But they a...

Disappearing internet mail
Hi (again) Many of the users in my customer's Exchange 5.5 organisation are complaining of non-receipt of internet e-mail (incoming) or non-delivery of internet mail (outgoing). This is apparently random, some mails from one person will get through, others from the same mailbox won't. Sometimes it's mails with attachments, sometimes not. The destination or sending domain names are many and varied. When I track the outgoing messages they are SMTP Outbound Transferred within the same minute they they are sent out of the mailbox so I'm suspecting the Mailsweeper boxes. Trouble ...

Is it possible to get the size of a formview resource...
Is it possible to determine the size (width and height) of a formview resource before it is actually used in a splitter pane. The idea is to get the size then set the splitter pane to the correct size before it is used in a splitter pane ??? Thanks..... "John Larocca" <larocjj@medicine.ufl.edu> wrote in message news:%23%23oZ06V0DHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to determine the size (width and height) of a formview > resource before it is actually used in a splitter pane. The idea is to get > the size then set the splitter pane to the correct siz...

field service allow setup of cycle charge allowed up to
Field service needs to allow the setup in meter readings to have an amount for each meter reading that is not charged versus just a maximum in the base field. For instance the customer each meter reading gets the first 1000 cycles at no charge and .05 per cycle over the allowance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

OL 2003 locks up when forwarding e-mails
It locks up PC (WinXP Home) requiring reboot. It doesn't do it every time, but VERY often. Any Ideas? Thanks Mark Sorry, I left out that it locks frequently, but not always, only when forwarding e-mails with file attachments. Thanks Mark On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:35:28 -0800, mark.perlstein@verizon.net wrote: >It locks up PC (WinXP Home) requiring reboot. It doesn't do it every >time, but VERY often. Any Ideas? > >Thanks > >Mark ...

read only form allows date to change
I have a form that I open in read only that has a calendar popup for the date fields. When I open the form the calendar pop up allows the date to be changed. The rest of the fields are read only. Any suggestions. Thanks Private Sub ViewActivityNote_Click() On Error GoTo Err_ViewActivityNote_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "FRM - Activity Note" stLinkCriteria = "[activitynoteid]=" & Me![activitynoteid] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, acFormReadOnly Exit_ViewActivityNote_Click: Exi...

Outlook mail attachments
I have just switched to Outlook rather than outlook express and cannot get attachments to e-mails to show on an 'attachment' line in the header. They keep showing as icons in the document. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Switch to HTML or Plain Text format. Outlook Rich Text will place the icons in the body of the message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: sjanmcl <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I hav...

how do I set up e-mails to got out once a month
I need help I need to set up e-mail blasters to go out once a month - How do I set this up? K K <K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need help I need to set up e-mail blasters to go out once a month - > How do I set this up? http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

NUL characters are not allowed
Hi, We have install the exchange 2003 and we are encountering intermitten problem when sending email to internet (only to a certain email domain other are alright). When that happens, we receive a "NUL characters ar not allowed" error. <mail.anonymous.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Requested action not taken: NU characters are not allowed.> This error usually happens when we reply to a certain email domain. When this happens, we would retry 2 or 3 times, it usually i successfully after 2 or 3 tries. It only affects a small number of email domain. Other email domain ha no problem. H...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Import messages from Windows Mail to Outlook 2002?
I need to switch from Windows Mail to Outlook 2002. I have been able to export and import contacts and calendars, but can't see how to export messages or groups from Mail. Do I have to upgrade to a later Outlook? If you want to use a supported version of Outlook, then yes, you'll need to upgrade to either Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007. Outlook 2002 has known compatibility issues with Windows Vista which will not be addressed since Outlook 2002 is out of mainstream support for quite some time now. One of the most notable issues is that Outlook will not remember you passwo...

Bulk E-mail
15/Mar/2007 0:54 I send bulk e-mail messages to members of my organization: 1. E-mail program: Microsoft Outlook. 2. There are � 350 members 3. I send the same message to all members, but I send five bulk e-mail messages to � 70 members. 4. I get bounces for incorrect e-mail addresses. E-mail addresses are not like postal addresses in that they do not have to be in the recipients names. But I recognize � 85% of them. 5. I call or otherwise contact the members I recognize - notify them of the event and then get their correct e-mail addresses. 6....

what does whitespace not allowed in this location mean and how do.
i am importing data in csv to excel but it says 'file not loaded- whitespace not allowed in this location' what does that mean? and how do i cahnge it? ...

Mail Merge Using Publisher & Excel 2002
How do I merge labels using PUBLISHER (2002) and EXCEL - I can only get it to show one sheet of the SAME label? I'm looking into my crystal ball (comes with our MVP kits) and I can see that you are only looking at the Print Preview screen. I can also see that you didn't check the archives before posting because this is a common question. ;-) Try printing a page and you will see that you get a sheet of different addresses. -- JoAnn Paules aka Gypsy Woman MVP Microsoft [Publisher] (Sorry - feeling like having some fun today. The sun has finally made its appearance after sev...

Allowing pictures to download in Outlook 2002
My boss is using Outlook 2002 and I can't find this setting: Pictures don't download in his emails In 2003 it's under Tools - Options - Security - Change Automatic Download settings. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

send outside e-mail address
when I send outside e-mail address, the mail goes to administrator account when the address is not a contact or other objects in AD. How this could be solve? Thx. see other post of yours "lamlam" <lamlam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA46EB16-18E4-42A5-AD98-3C9472D05FC0@microsoft.com... > when I send outside e-mail address, the mail goes to administrator account > when the address is not a contact or other objects in AD. How this could be > solve? > > Thx. > ...

Is it possible to run an Oracle PL\Sql procedure within Excel?
Is it possible to run an Oracle PL\Sql procedure within Excel? Yes, but you would need to use ADO to setup the commandtext to issue to the database, and process the results. Do a Googl on 'ADO Oracle Stored Procedure'. Top result is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176086 HTH Bob "mowee" <mowee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8238C7BE-5E65-429C-8BA6-E9588C6B7177@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to run an Oracle PL\Sql procedure within Excel? ...

Mac Mail Import
I've just installed Home and Student 2008 on Leopard. Entourage imported my connection settings from Mac Mail but hasn't imported the messages. Are there any suggestions on how to bring my messages across. An alternative is to download all messages from my server but this doesn't seem to be available. Thanks. I solved the problem by changing a setting on my POP account to allow me to download messages. I was unable, however, to import into Entourage any Mac Mail messages that were "Saved As" to a folder as an mbox file. Interesting lack of compatibility. On 17...

e-mail #24
receiving mail i cannot read. it comes from yahoo and charles swab. no problem with other senders. win98 and office 2000. ...

Mails delivered multiple times a day
Hi I�ve got the following problem hoping somebody here knows what can be done about it. There are two users on our exchange server (exchange 2000,service pack3) that get each one email multiple times a day. One email is a "deleted without being read" status notification to the user, the other one is a meeting request Let�s concentrate on the status notification. I paste a copy below (Please note the "xyz" I habe put in) -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht----- Von: /O=XYZ/OU=GERMANY/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=NKHELIFA Gesendet: Freitag, 3. September 2004 10:52 An: Schaika Volker Bet...

Outlook express mail
Is there a way to channel incoming mail for 3 different users into their respective mail folders with their name on them in the left column under "Folders. As it is all mail comes in mixed together in the "In box" and I have to separate and move them to the right folder. George Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideo...

how can i read e mail attachmment
My friend is on fsworld and views throught outlook.I am AOL and he can't read any attachments he says there is a block on. can you help please old woman <old woman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My friend is on fsworld and views throught outlook.I am AOL and he > can't read any attachments he says there is a block on. can you help > please Refer him to http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#attsec -- Brian Tillman ...