4.4.7 smtp error

Hi!

I have a email server running almost perfect, just got this issue with a few
costumers trying to send email to me. They get the nds 4.4.7. One of them are
sending from smtp.varberg.se.

I wonder if someone new if I am on the right track when I look at the
reverse dns for my mailserver? Or can it be the ttl time to answer.

My domain is
bandersson-akeri.se

Would be happy if someone could give me some ideas on this one.

Regards
Surfer

"Surfer" <Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have a email server running almost perfect, just got this issue with a
> few
> costumers trying to send email to me. They get the nds 4.4.7. One of them
> are
> sending from smtp.varberg.se.
>
> I wonder if someone new if I am on the right track when I look at the
> reverse dns for my mailserver? Or can it be the ttl time to answer.
>
> My domain is
> bandersson-akeri.se
>
> Would be happy if someone could give me some ideas on this one.

This might not be the cause of the problem, but certainly something to
double check:

You have two mx records:
    MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mail.bandersson-akeri.se
    MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org

So most mail should be directed to mailbandersson-akeri.se. However if for
any reason that server isn't contactable (and this could be something
local-ish to the sender) then emails will be delivered to
bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org.

At the time of writing there is no SMTP server listening on
bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org, nor can I ping it which suggests that its
off-line. Given that this is a no-ip.org name, implies to me that its not on
a fixed ip and that its therefore either a (domestic) pc which is currently
off or a laptop used for travel purposes. My guess would be that there are
times which this is on, that it does have an SMTP server on it and its that
SMTP server which is rejecting emails and generating the NDRs that you are
seeing. This would be consistent with it only affecting a few customers
since most SMTP traffic would go to mail.bandersson-akeri.se and only a
minority to your bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org one from where it is being
rejected. It wouldn't matter if no SMTP server were listening on
bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org as the sender would just try again later. If the
IP address for bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org were freed and re-used by the ISP
and given to another customer who also happened to thave an SMTP server then
that would be another reason why it would be rejected. So I'd suggest that
you (i.) check the configuration on the SMTP server running on your no-ip
address and (ii.) consider dropping the no-ip one.

Without knowing more about the details of who the email was sent to and the
full nds message, that's about the best I can do.

HTH.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian

0
Brian
12/16/2009 3:41:33 PM
"Brian Cryer" <not.here@localhost> wrote in message
> "Surfer" <Surfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a email server running almost perfect, just got this issue with a
>> few
>> costumers trying to send email to me. They get the nds 4.4.7. One of them
>> are
>> sending from smtp.varberg.se.
>>
>> I wonder if someone new if I am on the right track when I look at the
>> reverse dns for my mailserver? Or can it be the ttl time to answer.
>>
>> My domain is
>> bandersson-akeri.se
>>
>> Would be happy if someone could give me some ideas on this one.
>
> This might not be the cause of the problem, but certainly something to
> double check:
>
> You have two mx records:
>    MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = mail.bandersson-akeri.se
>    MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org
>
> So most mail should be directed to mailbandersson-akeri.se. However if for
> any reason that server isn't contactable (and this could be something
> local-ish to the sender) then emails will be delivered to
> bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org.
>
> At the time of writing there is no SMTP server listening on
> bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org, nor can I ping it which suggests that its
> off-line. Given that this is a no-ip.org name, implies to me that its not
> on a fixed ip and that its therefore either a (domestic) pc which is
> currently off or a laptop used for travel purposes. My guess would be that
> there are times which this is on, that it does have an SMTP server on it
> and its that SMTP server which is rejecting emails and generating the NDRs
> that you are seeing. This would be consistent with it only affecting a few
> customers since most SMTP traffic would go to mail.bandersson-akeri.se and
> only a minority to your bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org one from where it is
> being rejected. It wouldn't matter if no SMTP server were listening on
> bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org as the sender would just try again later. If
> the IP address for bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org were freed and re-used by
> the ISP and given to another customer who also happened to thave an SMTP
> server then that would be another reason why it would be rejected. So I'd
> suggest that you (i.) check the configuration on the SMTP server running
> on your no-ip address and (ii.) consider dropping the no-ip one.
>
> Without knowing more about the details of who the email was sent to and
> the full nds message, that's about the best I can do.
>
> HTH.
> --
> Brian Cryer
> www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Brian,

Actually, I just telnetted to mail.bandersson-akeri.se, and it responds, so
that guy is active, however I agree, bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org does not
respond with telnet and is either down, not configured, or the IP is
incorrect.

I believe the MX entry for bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com is incorrect, because
I believe it is a domain FQDN and not a hostname.

Just an FYI, ping is not the best diagnostic tool. Many installations block
ICMP at the edge firewall.

For Surfer:

I notice there is no SPF record for bandersson-akeri.se. I would say that
would be one important record to configure. That must be done at the public
nameserver hosting company, which appears to be at no-ip.com.

Here is more info on the 4.4.7 error:

Delivery status notifications in Exchange Server and in Small ...Numeric
Code: 4.4.7. Possible Cause: The message in the queue has expired. .... (For
example, if a Hotmail account is no longer active, a 550 SMTP error ...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284204

As far as:
>> I wonder if someone new if I am on the right track when I look at the
>> reverse dns for my mailserver? Or can it be the ttl time to answer.

The reverse entry for  is:

> 194.236.110.42
Name:    194-236-110-42.customer.telia.com
Address:  194.236.110.42

So that doesn't match your mail server name, but that's ok, many are
configured that way. You at least do have a reverse entry, what many spam
filters look for.

What did you set your TTL for, and where did you set that? Normally an MTA
will try to send an email to a receiving MTA, and if there are any issues on
the receiving side, the sending MTA will hold it in the queue and go into a
retry state. If it still cannot be sent after 12 hours, the sender gets a
'delivery delayed' notification. If it cannot be sent after 2 days, the
sender will get an NDR, in this case, they are getting the failure that it
expired in the queue. This could be caused by an issue on your end with your
receiving server that if your line goes down and your mail server doesn't
respond, the sending server is going back and trying to use the secondary MX
entry, and since that guy doesn't even respond, it sits at the sender's MTA
until it expires.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA
2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace
12/16/2009 6:33:24 PM
Hi Surfer,

Thanks for your post and Brian & Ace's input.

Just in addition, you may also try Exchange Server Remote Connectivity Analyzer Tool(ExRCA) to test the inbound mail flow. Just now, I tested it with domain name
"bandersson-akeri.se" and got the error "A network error occurred while communicating with remote host
Exception Details:
Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected
host has failed to respond 69.65.19.125:25 "

Connection failures of this type are commonly caused by the following:
"	The server is down.
"	The specified port is not listening for TCP connections.
"	A firewall, proxy server, or hardware device is blocking the connection to your server.
"	The network is congested.

Please try the ExRCA tool yourself for a simple test:

Using the Exchange Server Remote Connectivity Analyzer Tool (Part 2)
<http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/tools/exchange-server-remote-connectivity-analyzer-tool-part2.html>

Here is the tool:
<https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/Default.aspx>

BTW, as Ace indicated, generally speaking, a 4.4.7 NDR is most commonly caused by the following reason:

 	A message in the queue has expired. The sending server tried to deliver the message, but the action was not completed in its message expiry timeframe.

 	A 4.4.7 NDR message usually indicates a problem on the receiving server. Check the validity of the recipient's address, as well as whether the receiving server is
configured to receive messages correctly. If you then resend the message, it is placed in the queue again, and if the receiving server is up, the message is delivered.

 	A 4.4.7 NDR message can also indicate that a message header limit has been reached on a remote server or that some other protocol timeout has occurred while
communicating with the remote server. It may be necessary to reduce the number of recipients in the header of the message for the host to which you are receiving this error.
If you then resend the message, it is placed in the queue again, and if the receiving server is up, the message is delivered.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Robbin Meng(MSFT)
Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support

Please post your SBS 2008 related questions to the SBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Please post your EBS related questions to the EBS newsgroup on Connect website:
https://connect.microsoft.com/ebs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

If you want to use a newsreader other than a web forum to access these newsgroups,
please refer to the following blog to apply NNTP password and configure a newsreader:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2008/11/02/signing-up-for-the-sbs-2008-newsgroups.aspx

"Ace Fekay [MCT]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org> wrote in message
> [...]
>> the ISP and given to another customer who also happened to thave an SMTP
>> server then that would be another reason why it would be rejected. So I'd
>> suggest that you (i.) check the configuration on the SMTP server running
>> on your no-ip address and (ii.) consider dropping the no-ip one.
>>
>> Without knowing more about the details of who the email was sent to and
>> the full nds message, that's about the best I can do.
>>
>> HTH.
>> --
>> Brian Cryer
>> www.cryer.co.uk/brian
>>

> Brian,
>
> Actually, I just telnetted to mail.bandersson-akeri.se, and it responds,
> so that guy is active, however I agree, bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org does
> not respond with telnet and is either down, not configured, or the IP is

Sorry, it was the bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org that I couldn't connect to. I
agree that mail.bandersson-akeri.se is live.

> I believe the MX entry for bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com is incorrect,
> because I believe it is a domain FQDN and not a hostname.

Not sure on that. Whilst I agree that bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com is possibly
the problem. bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com  is just as valid as
mail.bandersson-akeri.se.

> Just an FYI, ping is not the best diagnostic tool. Many installations
> block ICMP at the edge firewall.

Agreed (shame though as ping is so useful). I did mention that there wasn't
an SMTP server listening, as I checked both (icmp-ping and port 25).

I typically use cryping rather than ping because it lets me check an
individual port - not a true ping in that sense, but it does try to open a
connection on a port and reports back (in the same style as ping) whether it
could make a connection. Useful free tool.

<snip>

> What did you set your TTL for, and where did you set that? Normally an MTA
> will try to send an email to a receiving MTA, and if there are any issues
> on the receiving side, the sending MTA will hold it in the queue and go
> into a retry state. If it still cannot be sent after 12 hours, the sender
> gets a 'delivery delayed' notification. If it cannot be sent after 2 days,
> the sender will get an NDR, in this case, they are getting the failure
> that it expired in the queue. This could be caused by an issue on your end
> with your receiving server that if your line goes down and your mail
> server doesn't respond, the sending server is going back and trying to use
> the secondary MX entry, and since that guy doesn't even respond, it sits
> at the sender's MTA until it expires.

But that would be configuration on the sender's server, and the OP wouldn't
have any control over that. It might still be a factor, but is outside the
control of the OP.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian

0
Brian
12/17/2009 12:19:30 PM

>> Brian,
>>
>> Actually, I just telnetted to mail.bandersson-akeri.se, and it responds,
>> so that guy is active, however I agree, bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org does
>> not respond with telnet and is either down, not configured, or the IP is
>> incorrect.
>
> Sorry, it was the bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org that I couldn't connect to. I
> agree that mail.bandersson-akeri.se is live.

Ok, I figured it was a typo. :-)

>> I believe the MX entry for bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com is incorrect,
>> because I believe it is a domain FQDN and not a hostname.
>
> Not sure on that. Whilst I agree that bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com is
> possibly the problem. bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com  is just as valid as
> mail.bandersson-akeri.se.

Yes, for the most part, I agree, as well. However, in some cases, some
entities may use sub-domains for email systems, and what I was assuming,
since no-ip hosts multiple customers, they assign the customer name to it,
such as the "bandersson-akeri" as a sub-domain, therefore I was looking for
a host entry on top of that. Make sense?

>> Just an FYI, ping is not the best diagnostic tool. Many installations
>> block ICMP at the edge firewall.
>
> Agreed (shame though as ping is so useful). I did mention that there
> wasn't an SMTP server listening, as I checked both (icmp-ping and port
> 25).
>
> I typically use cryping rather than ping because it lets me check an
> individual port - not a true ping in that sense, but it does try to open a
> connection on a port and reports back (in the same style as ping) whether
> it could make a connection. Useful free tool.

Is that your own tool? I haven't heard of it until now. I will check into
it. Thanks for the heads-up!

> <snip>
>
>> What did you set your TTL for, and where did you set that? Normally an
>> MTA will try to send an email to a receiving MTA, and if there are any
>> issues on the receiving side, the sending MTA will hold it in the queue
>> and go into a retry state. If it still cannot be sent after 12 hours, the
>> sender gets a 'delivery delayed' notification. If it cannot be sent after
>> 2 days, the sender will get an NDR, in this case, they are getting the
>> failure that it expired in the queue. This could be caused by an issue on
>> your end with your receiving server that if your line goes down and your
>> mail server doesn't respond, the sending server is going back and trying
>> to use the secondary MX entry, and since that guy doesn't even respond,
>> it sits at the sender's MTA until it expires.
>
> But that would be configuration on the sender's server, and the OP
> wouldn't have any control over that. It might still be a factor, but is
> outside the control of the OP.

I agree. If the first priority MX doesn't respond, which I assume there is a
possible network issue at the OP's location, then the sending MTA will
choose the next MX priority record. So if the no-ip is the next one, and
doesn't respond, then it will sit in the sender's MTA queue. Not much the OP
can do about that, other than contact no-ip to see what's going on at their
end or correct the record.

> --
> Brian Cryer
> www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Ace

0
Ace
12/17/2009 4:16:28 PM
> "Brian Cryer" <not.here@localhost> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Brian,
>>>
>>> Actually, I just telnetted to mail.bandersson-akeri.se, and it responds,
>>> so that guy is active, however I agree, bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org does
>>> not respond with telnet and is either down, not configured, or the IP is
>>> incorrect.
>>
>> Sorry, it was the bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org that I couldn't connect to.
>> I agree that mail.bandersson-akeri.se is live.
>
> Ok, I figured it was a typo. :-)
>
>>> I believe the MX entry for bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com is incorrect,
>>> because I believe it is a domain FQDN and not a hostname.
>>
>> Not sure on that. Whilst I agree that bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com is
>> possibly the problem. bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com  is just as valid as
>> mail.bandersson-akeri.se.
>
> Yes, for the most part, I agree, as well. However, in some cases, some
> entities may use sub-domains for email systems, and what I was assuming,
> since no-ip hosts multiple customers, they assign the customer name to it,
> such as the "bandersson-akeri" as a sub-domain, therefore I was looking
> for a host entry on top of that. Make sense?

Okay, I see what you mean.

>>> Just an FYI, ping is not the best diagnostic tool. Many installations
>>> block ICMP at the edge firewall.
>>
>> Agreed (shame though as ping is so useful). I did mention that there
>> wasn't an SMTP server listening, as I checked both (icmp-ping and port
>> 25).
>>
>> I typically use cryping rather than ping because it lets me check an
>> individual port - not a true ping in that sense, but it does try to open
>> a connection on a port and reports back (in the same style as ping)
>> whether it could make a connection. Useful free tool.
>
> Is that your own tool? I haven't heard of it until now. I will check into
> it. Thanks for the heads-up!

Er, yes, guilty as charged. I use the command line ping quite frequently and
by writing my own I could extend it in ways I wanted - such as being able to
test other protocols or ports from the command line.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian

0
Brian
12/18/2009 9:16:42 AM
> "Ace Fekay [MCT]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org> wrote in message
>> "Brian Cryer" <not.here@localhost> wrote in message

>>> Sorry, it was the bandersson-akeri.no-ip.org that I couldn't connect to.
>>> I agree that mail.bandersson-akeri.se is live.
>>
>> Ok, I figured it was a typo. :-)

>>> Not sure on that. Whilst I agree that bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com is
>>> possibly the problem. bandersson-akeri.no-ip.com  is just as valid as
>>> mail.bandersson-akeri.se.
>>
>> Yes, for the most part, I agree, as well. However, in some cases, some
>> entities may use sub-domains for email systems, and what I was assuming,
>> since no-ip hosts multiple customers, they assign the customer name to
>> it, such as the "bandersson-akeri" as a sub-domain, therefore I was
>> looking for a host entry on top of that. Make sense?
>
> Okay, I see what you mean.

>>> Agreed (shame though as ping is so useful). I did mention that there
>>> wasn't an SMTP server listening, as I checked both (icmp-ping and port
>>> 25).
>>>
>>> I typically use cryping rather than ping because it lets me check an
>>> individual port - not a true ping in that sense, but it does try to open
>>> a connection on a port and reports back (in the same style as ping)
>>> whether it could make a connection. Useful free tool.
>>
>> Is that your own tool? I haven't heard of it until now. I will check into
>> it. Thanks for the heads-up!
>
> Er, yes, guilty as charged. I use the command line ping quite frequently
> and by writing my own I could extend it in ways I wanted - such as being
> able to test other protocols or ports from the command line.
> --
> Brian Cryer
> www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Guilty! LOL! I'll have to try it a few times and check it out. Thanks!

Ace

0
Ace

Referring to cells by range names #7
no change. but i appreciate the continued interest -- rllane4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rllane47's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1647 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27830 It is not clear to me what you tried, what did work and what didn't. I tested my answer: ---------- =INDIRECT(Q5) INDIRECT(T3) Space after (Q5) ----------- Did you? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "rllane47" <rllane47.1ftply@excelforum-nospam.com> w...

503 Error, No Recipient
I'm the IT Guy for a small company with about 50 computers. One computer is having Outlook Problems. The user can receive emails fine, but is unable to send, getting the message 503, No Recipient, even though it's a valid address. I've tried doing several things to fix, but haven't been successful. Here's what I tried in various combinations. -Set the Outgoing Server to Require Authentication while using the same settings as the incoming mail server -Changed the Outgoing Server from 25 to 465 -Cleared internet settings and reset web/sercurity settings back to default I ...

AVERAGE function returns #DIV/0! error
I used AVERAGE function in my spreasheet and received #DIV/0! error from it. Is there a safe proof way to omit the invalid values out of the average calculation. Try this. I assumed your range was A1:A10, change this to fit your data. Enter this formula by using CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER as it is an array formula: =AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A10),A1:A10,"")) -- Regards, Dave "KhaVu" wrote: > I used AVERAGE function in my spreasheet and received #DIV/0! error from it. > Is there a safe proof way to omit the invalid values out of the average > calculation. =IF(COU...

CRM 4 and SQL upgrade
I have a CRM 3 installation on a SQL 2000 box which is also the CRM app server. Planning for the CRM 4 upgrade, I have a new physical server with SQL 2005 installed. What is my most efficient upgrade path? Hi, I think you can do the following: 1. Move the CRM 3.0 database to SQL 2005. 2. Point the CRM 3.0 application to the new database server. (There's documentations on how to move database to a new server on the microsoft website) 3. Install/Upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 on the CRM 3.0 application server. I think this is the fastest and easiest in my opinion. Darren Liu, Microsof...

Pivot Tables #4
When I double click to drill down to the supporting data in a pivot table, the data is displayed on a new tab within the workbook. Then to close that data, I have to delete the tab. Two questions.... 1) Is there a faster way to view then close the data without having to delete a tab every time? 2) If I leave the new sheet open, is it linked to the pivot table? In other words, if I refresh the pivot table, will the data on the new sheet be automatically refreshed as well? Thanx .. #1. I don't think so. But maybe you could apply Data|filter|autofilter to the original da...

Error message #17
Hi Been using Money for years currently have Money 2004 Financial Suite. For no reason today when signing on it opens up but dispalys a "Cannot perform this operation" this pops up several times. Money does eventually open but when you try to move about in it it comes up again with same error message enen when i try to shut down. I have tried reinstslling and repairing but get the same message. ANy ideas please See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. "Dale Holden" <daleholden@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gqxod.53961$Y7.18250@fe1.news.blueyonder.co...

Outlook memory error: 0x3ff6343a
I keep having an error message pop up that states the following: Instruction at 0x3ff6343a referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug. Both options end with having to close out the program. I've looked for updates, I've used my original CDs to "repair" the problem, rebooted, etc. and nothing seems to work. Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Out of Memory #4
I have an application that is used by over 8000 users worldwide. There are several that are reporting an "out of memory" problem using one of the functions in the tool. One user just received a brand new laptop (T41) and is now encountering this error. It was working on their old laptop. The function that they are trying to run when they get this problem opens up another excel spreadsheet and then selects sheets from the first spreadsheet and then copies it into the second spreadsheet. It goes through a loop and does this for each sheet. It is only copying the values and forma...

MSIMN causing MSOE.dll error
When I access View/Go To/News I get an error window saying that MSIMN.exe has caused an invalid page error in MSOE.dll and so I can no longer access my newsgroups. I've reinstalled Outlook 2000 (via reinstall of Office 2000 Premium) but it is still happening. A search of the Knowledgebase turned up this issue only with XP; I'm running Win98, Second Edition OEM. Had so many problems with OE 5 I upgraded to Outlook and life has been good...until now. Advice, suggestions, all welcome. Thanks, PJ. ...

spreadsheet #4
having trouble finding the proper spreadsheet for windowsXP...I HAVE A XLS FILE TO OPEN, anyone used a spreadsheet, that could direct me? Thank you Hi Rick! Windows XP is an operating system. You also need to have a version of Excel as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AC52D37-46EF-4B67-89CB-F233D824560A@microsoft.com... > having trouble finding the prop...

error creating an If simple statement
I am getting the following error, and I dont know why "The expression you entered has a function containing the wrong number of arguments." Past 0-30 days: IIf([proj_ship_date]-[request_date]>=0 and IIf([proj_ship_date]-[request_date]<30,[Days Diffe],0)) Any ideas??? I am sure I am missing something... Thanks in advance! Thank you very much to both of u. That did it :-) ...

2007 print merge 4 postcards/4 different addresses per page
I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my problem. I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and successfully merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and as I scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge. I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 1/2x11 piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second pi...

Why is it called Windows 7
Just curious. Why was Windows 7 called "7"? The year is not ending in a 7. They already used 95 and 98. I would have expected Windows 10 or 2010 (as in the year 2010) Why the "7" ???? Or is it like this Win3.x = 1 Win 95 = 2 Win 98 = 3 Win ME = 4 Win XP = 5 Vista = 6 Win 7 = 7 Curious minds want to know !!!! In news:5lpdr51gtr2tbk8ujdphjdoh6vbihu4t5v@4ax.com, mister_friendly@the-newzgroups.com <mister_friendly@the-newzgroups.com> typed: > Just curious. Why was Windows 7 called "7"? .... > Why the "7"...

delivery restrictions #4
I have a mailbox that is used only to receive fax attachemnts emails from a service that a phone company provides us. I want to allow only emails coming from this domain (*@voicemail.telepacific.net) to be allowed in this mailbox. How can I chieve this? The delivery restrictions area allows only specifying internal addresses but the address I want to allow is external. Thanks Perry On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:28:32 -0700, "Perecli Manole" <Perecli@dslextreme.com> wrote: >I have a mailbox that is used only to receive fax attachemnts emails from a >service that a phone...

server Error in '/' Application #6
Hi I am using a server farm with a 2 server scenario---1 is the CRM server 3.0 and the other is the SQL ---I got this error when i logged onto the website on my crm server " server Error in '/' Application: An errir has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQK server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error:40 - could not open connection to SQL server " Stack Trace: [SqlException (0x80131904): An error has oc...

Error cannot access file?!?
Network connection lost? AHHHHH! I've been getting this error in my Access project and now none of my VBA code will work on any of my forms! It started when I closed my project down on my computer and went over to another computer to keep working on it. Now whenever I try to do anything in my project that uses VBA code (for example, click a button), I get an error that says "Error cannot access file. Network connection may be lost." My code is still there, but it just won't run! I even tried cutting the code out and repasting it to no avail. Any help here is sincerely apprec...

Error 4.4.7 -
We are not able to deliver mail from our Exchange 2003 server (part of SBS) to certain domain names including hotmail.com, microsoft.com and msn.com. Here is the messages that we get. First message from Exchange.. Email message. This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. George.Roberts@us.randstad.com Contents of attached text message (ATT04044.txt.) sample. Reporting-MTA: dns;rapidld.com Final-Recipient: rfc822;Gary.Megson@fds...

please help #4
Please guys I really need some help with this, I'm at my witts end. We are using sbs server 2000 with exchange. If and email is sent to one of our users say me@somedomain.com with an other address in either the to/ cc/bbc fields, say otheruser@anotherdoamin.co.uk. Exchange is routing the same email from the orgianator (spoofed) to the second address. so that the other address recieves two copies as if from the original sender, but it your servers that are send it out. Now I'm asssuming this is a relay problem, but can not find any why of combatting it. Your help would be greatly ap...

"already logged in" error
Hello: A valid user ID gets the message saying "Your attempt to login to the server failed because the user ID you entered is already logged in. Remove the login record from the server and attempt to login again". The ACTIVITY table is empty, and we have run the DELETE SY00800, DEX_LOCK, etc. scripts. Any other suggestions? Could it be the different VM environment we’re running now, SQL 2000 on Windows 2000, instead of SQL 7 under Windows NT 4.0? Thanks! childofthe1980s Child, It always comes down to your ODBC. Check your ODBC settings to see where it's currently...

Windows 7 problem
I have a block of code in VB 2008 application which works fine on XP and doesn't work on Windows 7 Ultimate: 'strSourse contains the full path to the file located on the server If Not (System.IO.File.Exists(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt")) = True Then MsgBox("InitialData file on the Server was not found. Report to your Administrator", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "File not found") End Else file_reader = New System.IO.StreamReader(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt") tmpstr = file_reader.ReadToEnd() array...

NDR 4.4.6?
I get the following error when attempting to send to a particular DL. A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <SERVER #4.4.6> How do I check the possibility of looping? Do the users in the DL have forwarding turned on within their mail properties in AD? "pscottlee" <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:196F18E2-895E-4AB9-A40E-8D2A6F2E0378@microsoft.com... >I get the following error when attempting to send to a particu...

Button Error
I have copied the code for this button. The purpose of the button is to save the excel sheet at a specific location, and to save it. I want a prompt box to appear, which asks what name the user wants to save it as. Usually this name will be the date. I am getting this message: Message: Run time error: '424' Debug = MyFileName = "MyName" & UserForm1.TextBox1 & ".xls" 'Create the File Name ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub CommandButton1_C...

10.1.4 can't find an installation???
I have Office X SR-1 installed, and whenever I try to upgrade to the 10.1.4 (Exchange update), the installer fails telling me it can't find a valid installation to upgrade. Office is located in the Applications folder of my hard drive and is a legal copy, so I don't know why it won't install? Anyone? Thanks in advance! On 10/3/03 8:35 PM, in article BBA3B855.28E%mailinglists@covad.net, "Mailinglists" <mailinglists@covad.net> wrote: > I have Office X SR-1 installed, and whenever I try to upgrade to the 10.1.4 > (Exchange update), the installer fails tel...

column width #4
Hi I thought it would be much easier but I can't set column widths from VB After lot of trouble I find out that ColumnWidth is not what I need, i sets width in characters not in pixels. How can I set width in pixels I need full synta Than alekm Hi AFAIK the width property is read-only. So you can only use ColumnWidth for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alekm wrote: > Hi, > I thought it would be much easier but I can't set column widths from > VB. After lot of trouble I find out that ColumnWidth is not what I > need, it sets width in characters not in pix...

templates #4
template won't come up after download, a validation succuessful screen appears and I can't find downloads>? Hi, Why don't you give us more details, what template are you downloading and from where, exactly - give us the entire url. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "duckie55" wrote: > template won't come up after download, a validation succuessful screen > appears and I can't find downloads>? ...