windows 2008 server cord and windows 2008 std

we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose.

still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone advise
what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install std
edition ?

DD,
There is:
Server Standard
Server Standard Core

Server Enterprise
Server Enterprise Core

Core is (not quite correctly called) 'Server without Graphical User
Interface (GUI)'.

There are several reasons why Core was introduced:
- *Nix purists were saying that there's no real need/use for GUI on a server
and *real* sysadmins are not shy of using text based commands.

- Less footprint exposed to attacks. Majority of hotfixes are in some way
related to GUI subsystem.

- Repelling attackers/users away from the server systems. Server system is
not a workplace and should not be used for web surfing and installing all
sorts of software that comes under attention of users while they surf the
web.

- Core servers can be controlled using GUI tools from remote computers
equipped with Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT).

- Performance. For example a domain controller, file server, DNS server use
less resources and require less memory when they run on core than when they
run on full (GUI) server edition.

There's probably more.
The choice is yours.

"DD" <DD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose.
>
> still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone
> advise
> what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install
> std
> edition ?

0
Dusko

OWA Issues on Macs With New Server
We recently replaced our Exchange server with an upgraded, new one. We went from Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 Server for the OS, but Exchange has always been 2003. Outlook on PCs and Entourage on Macs work fine. OWA on PCs works fine. However, when users login to OWA on Macs (And, they can login to it fine...) the following two things happen: 1.) They have to click on everything twice (not a double click but two single clicks) for it to open. If just one click, it will go about 10-15 minutes and then open, but 2 clicks makes whatever it is open right away. (For anything, ...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

Slow server
I have two questions. Our email server is running win2k and exchange 2k3. We have a dual processor P3 650mhz with 1gb ram 210gb raid data drive. This is all for 100 users. Our email is taking up to 1 hour to send or recieve. Is our server underpowered? Also I am getting alot of application log errors saying a non-delivery report with status code of 4.0.0 (or sometimes 5.0.0 or 5.4.0) has been gererated. What does this mean and how do I fix it. I have the mircosoft press exchange server books and I can't seem to get this taken care of. Any help would be great. Thanks, Da...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Hi, I setup CRM Router on Exchange 2007 server. We are using email forwarding rule for incoming email. For all users and CRM mailbox I am getting this error when I am running test after “Load Data”: Name: CRMSystemMailbox-CRMRouter Incoming Status: Failure - The remote Microsoft Exchange e-mail server returned the error "(401) Unauthorized". Verify that you have permission to connect to the mailbox. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. What I'm doing wrong? Thanks! This may not apply but it worked for me with Exchange 2003. I had the same error unt...

exchange 2000 server help
Hello all, I am hoping someone out there can help me out. I am going to use the domain xyz.com as an example. Our problem is that our mail is sometimes being rejected from some smtp servers because of our fully qualified smtp hostname, which is showing up as hostname-exch.xyz.local. To remove the ".local" part, do I need to go through the trouble of changing our domain name or is there a simple change I can make on the server which will change the name from hostname-exch.xyz.local to hostname-exch.xyz.com. When we send out email to an internet address, the users email address sh...

Retire old Exchange Servers
Hi All I have a Windows 2003 w/sp1 and Exchange 2003 w/sp enviornment and on my exhange tree there is my ORG which i will call ABC in the org there are two administrive groups which i will call A and B. In the administrative group B i have two exchange servers that belongs to a different domain from the servers in administrative group A. I would like to retire both of the servers in administrative group B. All mailboxes have been removed from both servers in administrative group B to a server in administrative group A. There is a routing group connector in both administative groups for...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...