Win 2008 R2 backup

I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using
Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run
manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I am
overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008?

0
Steve

In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork
says...

> I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using
> Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run
> manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I am
> overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008?

Did you use the full UNC path \\somelocation\share\ or did you use a
mapped drive letter?

Trust yourself.
Leythos
4/6/2010 4:47:53 PM
I used UNC in both cases.

"Leythos" <spam999free@rrohio.com> wrote in message
> In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork
> says...
>>
>> I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using
>> Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run
>> manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I
>> am
>> overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008?
>
> Did you use the full UNC path \\somelocation\share\ or did you use a
> mapped drive letter?
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Steve
4/6/2010 5:24:20 PM
Hi Steve,

can you pls post your wbadmin command string ?
In your case it should be something like :
wbadmin start backup -allcritical -backuptarget:\\yourbackuptarget (-quiet)

An scheduled backup can also be created with wbadmin and should then look
like this :
wbadmin enable
backup -addtarget:DiskID -schedule:09:00,18:00 -include:e:,d:\mountpoint,\\?\Volume{cc566d14-44a0-11d9-9d93-806e6f6e6963}\
Reference from Technet ->
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742130(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_examples

Hope that helps

Regards
Ramazan

"Steve" <steve@nothing.ork> wrote in message
> I used UNC in both cases.
>
> "Leythos" <spam999free@rrohio.com> wrote in message
>> In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork
>> says...
>>>
>>> I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using
>>> Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run
>>> manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I
>>> am
>>> overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008?
>>
>> Did you use the full UNC path \\somelocation\share\ or did you use a
>> mapped drive letter?
>>
>> --
>> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
>> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
>> Trust yourself.
>> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
RCan
4/6/2010 6:45:55 PM
I am not using any commands. I used the GUI provided with under admin tools.

"RCan" <noospam@arcor.de> wrote in message
> Hi Steve,
>
> can you pls post your wbadmin command string ?
> In your case it should be something like :
> wbadmin start backup -allcritical -backuptarget:\\yourbackuptarget
> (-quiet)
>
> An scheduled backup can also be created with wbadmin and should then look
> like this :
> wbadmin enable
> backup -addtarget:DiskID -schedule:09:00,18:00 -include:e:,d:\mountpoint,\\?\Volume{cc566d14-44a0-11d9-9d93-806e6f6e6963}\
> Reference from Technet ->
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742130(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_examples
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Regards
> Ramazan
>
> "Steve" <steve@nothing.ork> wrote in message
>> I used UNC in both cases.
>>
>> "Leythos" <spam999free@rrohio.com> wrote in message
>>> In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork
>>> says...

>>> Did you use the full UNC path \\somelocation\share\ or did you use a
>>> mapped drive letter?
>>>
>>> --
>>> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
>>> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
>>> Trust yourself.
>>> spam999free@rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

0
Steve
4/7/2010 2:55:55 PM
Hi Steve,

can u try to setup a task and use the wbadmin CLI ?
Just want to know if this is something with securtiy context. Haven't
configured this before with the GUI but is the assistent asking you for an
username which can be used for backup purpose ?

> I am not using any commands. I used the GUI provided with under admin
> tools.
>

> "RCan" <noospam@arcor.de> wrote in message
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> can you pls post your wbadmin command string ?
>> In your case it should be something like :
>> wbadmin start backup -allcritical -backuptarget:\\yourbackuptarget
>> (-quiet)
>>
>> An scheduled backup can also be created with wbadmin and should then look
>> like this :
>> wbadmin enable
>> backup -addtarget:DiskID -schedule:09:00,18:00 -include:e:,d:\mountpoint,\\?\Volume{cc566d14-44a0-11d9-9d93-806e6f6e6963}\
>> Reference from Technet ->
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742130(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_examples
>>
>> Hope that helps
>>
>> Regards
>> Ramazan
>>
>> "Steve" <steve@nothing.ork> wrote in message
>>> I used UNC in both cases.
>>>
>>> "Leythos" <spam999free@rrohio.com> wrote in message

0
RCan

Win 7...to..... Win XP??
Blank Is it possible to install Win XP over Win 7 in a laptop w/o causing any problems?? Thanxxxxx...Rudy//////// Rudy wrote: > Blank Is it possible to install Win XP over Win 7 in a laptop > w/o causing any problems?? Thanxxxxx...Rudy//////// "w/o causing any problems" is ill-defined. It's no problem for me to do a clean installation of Windows 7 over a Windows XP system and continue using it... Is it a problem for you to do a clean installation of Windows 7 over Windows XP, install your applications and restore your data so you can us...

Viewing backup copy of Outlook Pers. files
Hi, Each time I insert my CD backup, the system tells me it does not know which program was used to make the backup. It asks me to choose from a list which does not contain the Outlook program, although I work with Outlook 98% of the time. How come ? Does it mean that the backups I made over the last year are all unusable ? How can I view my back ups ? HELP ! PS My system is in English, but I am French speaking, so please help in either langage. Thanks, D. The pst cannot be read directly from a cd. Copy pst to cd, then to hd, ensure read only flag is off before, File/Open/Personal Fo...

Install WIN 98 after WIN XP
On my notebook i have installed WIN XPSP2 on partotion C(NTFS). Then I have created partition E on the same hard disk(D is CD drive), and format it to FAT32 situable for instalation of WIN 98. The problem for me is how to install WIN 98 to E drive, without deleting WIN XP, and with boot menu to choose which operating system want to use. I need to install WIN 98 for diagnostic software of some old devices that won´t work on WIN XP. I was thinking to solve this problem in next steps: - create an image of operating system(image of WIN XP) on NTFS file system with some backup a...

Win 7 x64 and problems with ERUNT
I have, since loading Win 7 x64, not been able to use ERUNT to automatically backup the Registry at startup. It appears that if you elect for the ERUNT default configuration to save the 'backup' to %systemroot%\ERDNT the backup will fail. However, I have since learned, (Google where else?) that if you elect to save the backup to another folder it will succeed. In my case I save the backup to a USB drive (P:\ERDNT) and 'autobackup' runs as it should at startup. ...

error encountered installing office pro plus 2010 Win 7 ultimate 3
Trying to install Office Pro Plus 2010 in Win 7 unltimate 32bit downloaded from technet as the installer was starting to run got this error "Error 2203. An internal error has occurred. (C:windows\installer\546ca7b.ipi -2147287035) ???? -- Thanks for the help Since Pro Plus is a volume license you would need to seek support from your Home IT dept, or via the phone numbers given with your 'purchase' of Pro Plus "pauldemo" <pauldemo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:226448E2-498C-4D1B-A798-0D92E04D839A@microsoft.com... > Try...

Image Compression in Powerpoint 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, I am not sure if I am repeating the question (I apologize if this question is already answered!), but I was wondering if I could compress images within Powerpoint 2008. I could do this in Powerpoint 2007 and 2003 for windows. I would be grateful if someone could give me some guidance. Thanks, Kuldeep <kprana@officeformac.com> wrote: Hi, > Hi, I am not sure if I am repeating the question (I apologize if this > question is already answered!), but I was wondering if I could compress > images wi...

Outlook Express 6.0 Win XP #2
How do I make a back-up of my messages on outlook express to burn on a CD ? Thanks ...

Entourage 2008 is not default mail sender
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I open up a file and then want to send it, i go to FILE- Send as mail- and the other Mac mail program comes up (imail i think). I have changed the settings in that program to make Entourage my default mail but, I can't figure out how to fix this glitch..... I'm ready to toss this thing!!!!! I am missing my Dell so so bad. Once you have made this change, you may have to quit the application you are currently running before this change is registered. In other words, if Mail was set as the default a...

Office 2008 #4
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I would like to know if Office 2008 is available for Powerbook G4 1.67GHz versions? I am new to these Macs and can't differentiate the difference between G4,G5, intel based and blah, blah blah. please advise. There's no doubt that Office 2008 will run on your Mac as long as your system meets the other requirements you'll find on this page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/Office2008/system-requirements.mspx Also, in the future post your questions as NEW messages rather than "hijacking" other threads. Yo...

MFC 2008: Vi$ta gadget
Why isn't there a project type called "Gadget" when creating a MFC-2008 Project ? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.5 ^ ^ 17:00:01 up 7 days 1:50 3 users load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 ? ? (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/ ...

Printing in Win NT vs Win 2000
When printing a document in NT, it is coming out differently than from 2000. It doesn't matter what printer you print to. I've tried 4 different printers so far. The option in Excel is fit to 1x1 page. Any ideas? Thank you. Kathy I'm afraid it is difficult to get prints the same from different printers and operating systems as the drivers will be different all round. Excel uses setting from the drivers. You could try and ensure that all same printers have all same version of drivers for each operating system. (Normally manufacturers release them all together for Winx) ...

Muiltiple Server 2008 Connections
I am trying to rename a workstation that is attached to a Server 2008 Domain. When i try this i get the following message: "Multiple Connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again" Can anyone tell me how to get round this please? Thanks in advance. Try from a command prompt; net use * /delete -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft...

System backups a la SBS 2003
Any recommendations for a full system backup application for XP. Something akin to the backup facility in SBS 2003. Thanks, Bill Acronis True Image. Would advise that any backups made use the optional "Validate" pass to ensure integrity of the backup set. http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/ "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message news:ugHdDXGbKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Any recommendations for a full system > backup application for XP. Something > akin to the backup facility in SBS 2003. > > Thanks, > Bill &...

Question about Win 2003 R2 OEM license key
I installed Win 2003 R2 with a used OEM license key and media. Obvious it cannot be activated with this key. I asked the vendor to get a new license key. What the vendor told me is even I get the new license key, I will need to re-install Win 2003 with the media it shippes! Is this true? My believe is as long as it is unused new OEM license, I can just put the key in, even the Win 2003 is installed with a media that tagged with a different license key. Am I right here? Sorry--you have landed in a MacWord newsgroup. You'll need to find a Windows newsgroup to ask your question. http:...

Win a limited edition Google Water-Bottle!
Hi all, Did you know that Google Docs makes it easy to create forms and surveys? One of the least known, but most useful features of Google Docs is forms and we want your help in spreading the word. Now we want to do raffle among the participators of Google Doc survey after you come back to campus from the Thanksgiving! Please take seconds to fill out the Google Doc survey ( the link below) and you could win a limited edition Google water-bottle or a Google Wave account! Survey Link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGsyVUdYSjhqUmF5dm9ZYjk3RVZoUVE6MA...

can not import Excel worksheet in accounting express 2008
error message reads as follows; The following error was found trying to read import source file: Format of the initial String Does Not conform to specification Starting at index 34 any ideas? need help badly.....please & thank you Hi Dave, Only guessing but I would look for invalid data in line 34 or 35. (Index 34 might or might not include a header row so look in rows 34 and 35). Particularly look for invalid dates etc or even missing data. Compare each cell to data in previous row and see what is different. Also does accounting express allow you to import .csv files. If so then...

Backup problems #2
Our exchange server is having a problem. I have set up scheduled tasks to each day back up the database. We have 3 stores. Once the backup is complete, 2 of the 3 stores delete the log files. The other store does not. This leads me to believe there is a problem with the checkpoint file. However, I cannot figure out how to fix it. It keeps causing the server to fill up. Any help would be appreciated. dismount the store, check for a clean shutdown then delete the logs manually. remount the store and try a backup "tlc" <tlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Remote controlling WMP over a Win 7 office network
Hi All, We have one machine in our office with Windows Media Player (latest version under Win7 Pro x64) with a massive music library and speakers distributed through the office. I'd like each computer in the office to be able to remote control that Windows Media Player - is that possible? If so, how? Thanks, Thomas. ...

Windows 2008 Schedules task problem
Everyone, I am using excel macro to extract the data from web query. To automate this, I have created one vb.net windows application to execute the macro. And I have created in a schedules task to execute in hourly basis. This is working fine in windows 2003 with Excel 2003. After upgrading to Windows 2008 Enterprise SP2 with Excel 2010, I have some problems. 1) The scheduled task is started and not fired the excel macro when I choose the option 'Run whether the user is logged on or not' 2) The user has the Administrator privileges 3) The excel macro, VB.Net EXE has the...

Win XP and Win 7
I apollogize if someone feels this it OT but I can't find an NG for Win 7. Regarding an "up-grade" from XP to 7. I OWN a stand alone ( not upgrade) retail copy of XP . I am going to build a new PC and retire my present one. I will be slaving my current hard drive to the new one so I can keep some of my files and have some extra storage. I want to install Win 7 on the new hard drive. Win XP will not be the bootable HD. I want to use Win 7 Pro Upgrade for my new OS and do a "clean" install. Does Win 7 verify the presence of Win XP by the ORIGINAL Win XP disc? (...

Add-In Initialization Error after installing 2008 Year-End Update
I am running GP 10 and today I installed the 2008 Year-End Update. I had been running SP2 before installing this update. The update process itself went smoothly, but now when I attempt to run GP I get the following error message: --------------------------- Add-In Initialization Error --------------------------- eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.Engine.dll: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. InnerException: The type initializer for 'eOne.Dynamics.GP.ExcelBuilder.GPAddIn' threw an exception. --------------------------- This happens from the server and also fro...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

PS on Win Vista vs Win 2003
Hi Guys. If i run the following command on win Vista Get-ChildItem 'D:\FTP\public' -recurse | Where-Object {$_.PSIsContainer -eq $True} | Where-Object {$_.GetFiles().Count -eq 0} Everything works 100% and it list about 10 empty folders If i run the same command on windows 2003 it does not work, is there a difference? and it list every single folder. Why is that? GetFiles doesn't seem to have a dependency on a particular .NET version, but try this on your Windows 2003 Server in a few empty directories: PS>(get-item .).GetFiles().count Maybe there'...

Significant issues with Office 2008 and Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel Hello, Australian user, purchased and installed Snow Leopard this morning (it's 1pm on the 28th). I've got a few major issues with Office 2008: - Installs fine from the media (Office 2008 SP0 / 12.0.0) - Upon launching any Office app, I'm told the database is corrupted. The Database Assistant is unable to repair the issue (or more to the point, it rebuilds 'successfully' but does not remedy the issue). - SP2 will *not* install. It appears to not recognize any OS beyond 10.5, which would be an unusual and poorly designed aspect of the upd...

Win 2008 R2 File Server has "automatic" defrag every afternoon? NOT scheduled...
Hi all, I am getting an event log event 258 every afternoon at 2pm "Defrag analysis" on every drive on this W2K8 R2 box. The event is: "event 258" "The disk defragmenter successfully completed analysis on drivename (X:)" This is not the regular Defrag scheduled task, which I have set up to run on the weekends... This is a File Server and the time that this runs is in the afternoon when most users are runnig open files. I cannot find where to disable or reschedule this event. Does Anyone know about this? Thanks in advance! Hello ...