VPN can't connect to workstations

I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/
Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server
shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the
workstations .

Would appreciate any input on that.
0
john

"john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item
> I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/
> Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server
> shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the
> workstations .
>
> Would appreciate any input on that.

Hard to say - you need to post full details about your setup and how you're
addressing your workstations.

0
Pegasus

remote connections
In SS2K , how to enable remote connections ? For example, from my machine, within SEM I'd like to create a "New SQL Server Registration" connection to that machine. This has always worked for me in the past, but today I've encountered an SS2K instance which gives me a "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())" error. Does it matter if the target instance is configured as "Windows Authentication" vs "Mixed Mode" ? I'm attempting the "New SQL Server Registration" via Windows Authentication. I...

OLEDB connection from Access to RMS
I am well-versed in the design and development of database applications, and want to connect to the RMS store operations database via MS Access. I need help configuring the OLEDB settings in Access to connect to the RMS store operations database. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me the settings that need to be selected to make the connection. -- FRB hi FRB, here are the settings: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=sa;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=RMSSample;Data Source=RMSServer the Catalog is your database name and Data Source is Name of RMS Server. Ra...

Outlook Express disconnects internet connection.
Any one help please. When I start OE it automatically disconnects my dial-up DSL connection! Tried all of the fixes in Knowledge Base but no luck yet.IE6 does not do this when I open that so whats up? Cheers. Steve B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Any one help please. > When I start OE it automatically disconnects my dial-up > DSL connection! Tried all of the fixes in Knowledge Base > but no luck yet.IE6 does not do this when I open that so > whats up? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 over VPN #3
Here is our setup: Windows XP / 2000 Pro Users with Outlook 2003 Remote Connection: Microsoft builtin PPTP VPN w/ Broadband Connection Corporate Env: Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Server. Problem: Many users complain that their Outlook does not work after connecting over VPN. Offline is opening fine. Outlook just hangs and becomes unresponsive. Tried all tricks - recreating profile, repairing, reinstalling etc. Also when tested using Dialup connection - Outlook Opens fine. Checked all settings and all looks okay. VPN connecting alright and client able to ping Exchange serv...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

Connection retries
How do I limit the number of connection retries in Exchange on SBS2003. I've checked in the online help, but it refers to Override tabs that do not appear to me on the SMTP Connector. Is their perhaps a registry setting I need to manually modify? Can you explain what you mean by connection retries? Are you talking about outbound connections? If so, there isn't a per-se limit on the number of times the connection is retried, rather it is a time limit. The default timeout setting is 2 days, after which a message is NDR'd back to the sender. If this isn't what you are ...

VPN to recognize dongle
Hi Documentation 835953 says that Store Operations and QuickSell 2000 ar not compatible with WAN, VPN, Windows Terminal Services, or Citri environments. We were able to do some workaround for Windows Termina Services for the system to recognize the dongle. However, we'r wondering if anybody has a workaround for VPN connectivity t recognize the dongle Any help is appreciated. Thanks Rizza, Setup RMS as you normally would pointing the pos machine to the server as if it were a LAN. Setup up your VPN and connect, once connected open POS it will recognize the dongle. If you leave the PO...

Using Excel OS 9 to connect to a WAN data source
Hi All Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm in a real pickle. Basically I have Excel/Query 98 running on a Mac OS 9 machine with Microsoft's Merant ODBC 3.5.1 software patch as the ODBC connectivity software. If I try to connect the above locally (ie using the LAN) to an SQL 2000 DB on my Win2000/SQL 2000 server, Excel/Query connects in seconds after I enter the password and shows me the Query layout from which I can pick my tables. However if I go into my ODBC DSN and change the Server Name and Server Address to the WAN ip of my Win2000/SQL 2000 server, Excel/Query seems to freeze fo...

Stop asking me to connect
I am using Outlook 2003. I exported my calendar content from my desktop to my laptop via a pst file. I want to use outlook on the laptop for the calendar only (at this time). When I fire up outlook, it asks 3 times for my user info to connect to a mail server; I cancel them all. I then banish away the warning message window which complains about being unable to complete the tasks of connecting to the server. Needless to say, this is a royal PITA. I hunted around the options for a good long time, but the only ones that seemed to lessen the problem is Tools->Options->MailSetup->Se...

Connect the dots?
Is there a way to connect the plot points in a line chart when the plot points are a calculated point? In the pregnancy weight gain chart that I am working on there is an upper and lower line chart for the acceptable limits of weight gain. On the spreadsheet I added a place to plot current weight from which the prepregnant weight is subtracted and that weight gain is plotted on the chart. Unfortunately, the lines do not all connect. The line climbs from the baseline up to the plotting point and then back down to the baseline for each plotting. The plottings look like a series of mountain ...

Excel runs slowly, but only when connected to a network
I have an excel program that runs very slowly when connected to a network. When I physically disconnect the lan, the program runs fine. Other excel programs I have run fine when my computer is attached to the network. The program in question has about 10 macros (nothing unusual, I have other programs more complex that work fine). Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thanks for your help in advance. Does your file maybe look for other data outside itself?............if its trying to find that data in your C drive directory maybe it finds it fast, but if trying while on the ne...

Laptop VPN User
I've been having troubles with one of our laptop clients. After putting CRM into online mode after some time it disconnects and presents below error messages: An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? -or- An unknown error as occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator When CRM functionality is lost all other SBS functionality and connectivity continues to to work (including exchange...

Reminders keep appearing in Outlook 2007 Windows 7 Outlook Connect
Hi all, I'm currently using Outlook Connector with Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 and the problem I keep experiencing is that reminders from my Hotmail account keep appearing every time Outlook synchronizes with Hotmail. I repeatedly dismiss the reminders, yet they reappear until the event passes. I've tried setting the reminder interval on Hotmail to a shorter period of time compared with Outlook's, but this hasn't worked (it was a suggestion posted elsewhere). I don't need to 'clean' the reminders when I open Outlook because I'm not experiencing th...

Outlook client cant connect to server
Laptop member of domain. The installation went without error. The CRM tray icon says online but as soon as I open outlook it goes disabled and Outlook give me 2 errors " “cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down” "an error occured loading microsoft crm functionality, try restarting microsoft outlook. contact your system administrator if errors persist.” I have no problem with starting CRM from the same PC/User in IE. I dont know - but might the problem could bee in the serverurl in registry. The CRM are installede on Default web o...

Exchange ports for a VPN to VPN
What are the minimum TCP/IP Ports needed to be opened on my VPN-to-VPN tunnel in order to have outlook talk to my Exchange 5.5 server? I have multiple offices using a hardware VPN/Firewall (Netscreen). Right now all ports are open on the VPNs but I would like to close off all unnecessary ports to and from the VPNs. *I have one Exchange 5.5 sp4 on W2k Serve *Some users using Outlook Pop/SMTP over the VPN (on different subnet) *Some users using Outlook in Exchange only mode over the VPN (on different subnet *Some users using Outlook in Exchange mode locally on same subnet (nothing needed here...

Uable to connect to the home page metrics URL
I have GP2010 installed with SQL 2008. When I am in Report Manager I can see the SQL reports for the different modules. I do not have a folder for Charts and KPI for the company. When I go to select the metrics I am receiving the following error "Unable to connect to the home page metrics URL" How do I create these Charts and KPIs to be seen on the home page metrics? Thanks, Amy Amy, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What version of SQL is your reporting services instance? To use the new GP 2010 charts and kpis, you'll need SQL 2008. (The Dynamics GP da...

VPN
I am writing an MFC application that needs to send data over the internet to a server. I have that working with CAsyncSocket. Now i would like to have the data encrypted. I can think of two ways. 1. establish a VPN first then send the data through the tunnel. 2. encrypt the data myself and the server can decrypt it. Any comments about which way is preferred? How can I establish a VPN connection from my MFC program? Assuming that I already setup a network connection I just need to trigger that and know when it is ready and be able to close it when finished. Thanks VPN certainly sav...

Prompt: Connecting to crm.
I am having some issues when moving to the setting area in CRM. OFTEN I am asked to authenticate again to the the CRM server despite my credentials not being accepted. I have: IE popup blocker off I have //crm in my Trusted sites Once again it only appears to happen from the Settings area. ...

VPN issue
Hi there. I have a vpn between two pc, one as server, the other as client. Router, as well as windows firewall of the server are configured to let the vpn work (port 1723 and GRE protocol). In fact, when the client calls the server, the vpn is well established and the client is well authenticated. Now, the point is, the client can't access the shared folders of the server. But if i disable the server windows firewall, then the client gets access to the shared folders perfectly. How come? What do i need to open/enable/disable in server windows firewall in orther to let vpn ful...

the outlook cannot connect the exchange server by spcific workstat
Hi i have win 2000 domain , the exchange 2000 installed on it , the problem is when i try to connect the outlook to the exchange server from the work station N it refuse and gives me message say that the exchange server is not available , but this is wron because the other workstation working without any problem so how can i fix that problem and make the outlook connect to the exchange server again any help will be appreciated Maged ...

VPN
We can connect several Windows Mobile 5.0 devices such as the Treo 700w or a Motorola Q to our exchange sever without using a VPN is there a way to do the same in Outlook without using a VPN connection? -- Regards, Dan Nelson dmnelson77@verizon.net Cell # 412-559-8646 In news:uGUJwsW5GHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, DM Nelson <dmnelson77@verizon.net> typed: > We can connect several Windows Mobile 5.0 devices such as the Treo > 700w or a Motorola Q to our exchange sever without using a VPN is > there a way to do the same > in Outlook without using a VPN connection? I'...

Connection time TransmitFile
Hello, I'm not sure where to post this question so I posted it in two groups. I've searched the discussion groups thoroughly for an answer on this question but haven't found a satisfactory answer. We're using an ISAPI dll to handle requests from mobile phones in a WAP session and deliver content to the phone when needed. To send the content we use a asynchronous call to TransmitFile. We would like to know the connection time of the client for our stats and to see if there's a relation between clients failing to pick up the content and this connection time. We already stor...

frame connect
I am running Publisher 2000 on XP, my frame connect tool will not work. I have done the repair on the program, downloaded all updates up to Service pack 3, yet it still will not function. The odd thing is it worked when I first started using Publisher, now it won't. Any ideas? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from sharon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am running Publisher 2000 on XP, my frame connect tool > will not work. I have done the repair on the program, > downloaded all updates up to Service pack 3, yet it s...

vpn
hei, i am not able to go online on my outlook client when i am connected via VPN to my office network. i get error that crm server cannot be found. if i open internet explorer and connect to crm, i am able to . can somebody help me. thanks rg ...

Officially support web service/excel 2003 connectivity by Microsof
I'm getting more than a little confused now and here is my dilemma. I want to use web services as part of building a SOA environment, but I keep hearing rumours that I can’t use the SOAP Took Kit after April 2005, or connect using VBA code, or it’s not recommended to use web service with .Net ‘code behind’. So what I would like to know is, what is the officially recommended method of sending and retrieving data to and from a web service in Excel 2003? ...