Unexpected reboot - Probably caused by : srv.sys

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 x64
srv.sys file version: 5.2.3790.4425

Unable to find anything from the web or Microsoft's website in reference to
a hotfix for this issue. Bugcheck Analysis is as follows:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86

Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is available

Symbol search path is:
SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2003 Kernel Version 3790 (Service Pack 2) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: Server, suite: Enterprise TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 3790.srv03_sp2_gdr.090319-1204
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`01000000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`011d4140
Debug session time: Mon Feb 15 09:26:46.079 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 104 days 19:58:46.244
..

*
 *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis
 *
*
 *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 93, {7984, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : srv.sys ( srv!UnlinkRfcbFromLfcb+9c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
*
 *
*                        Bugcheck Analysis
 *
*
 *

INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE (93)
This message occurs if kernel code (server, redirector, other driver, etc.)
attempts to close a handle that is not a valid handle.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000007984, The handle that NtClose was called with.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, means a protected handle was closed.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x93

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff800012b7c32 to fffff8000102e890

STACK_TEXT:
fffffadc`b92f9958 fffff800`012b7c32 : 00000000`00000093 00000000`00007984
00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffffadc`b92f9960 fffff800`01284ad4 : fffffadc`dd6eed20 00000000`00007984
fffffadc`e08e75a0 fffffadc`ddd4abf0 : nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+0x15d
fffffadc`b92f9a00 fffffadc`b8fe6670 : fffffadc`df05bc70 00000000`00007984
00000000`00000000 fffffa80`3a6b46a0 : nt!ObpCloseHandle+0xb0
fffffadc`b92f9a80 fffffadc`b9043505 : fffffadc`df05bc70 00000000`00000000
00000000`00000000 fffffadc`dcd38020 : srv!UnlinkRfcbFromLfcb+0x9c
fffffadc`b92f9b20 fffffadc`b904336e : fffffadc`df05bc70 fffffadc`dd651b60
00000000`00000000 fffffadc`df05bc70 : srv!SrvCompleteRfcbClose+0x229
fffffadc`b92f9b80 fffffadc`b8fe4510 : fffffadc`dd7185e0 fffffadc`dd7185e0
00000000`00000000 fffffadc`df05bc70 : srv!CloseRfcbInternal+0xfc
fffffadc`b92f9bd0 fffffadc`b8f898f7 : fffffadc`dd7185e0 fffffadc`dd7185f0
fffffadc`b8f88000 00000000`00000000 : srv!SrvSmbClose+0x26f
fffffadc`b92f9c40 fffffadc`b8f89853 : fffffadc`dd7185e0 fffffadc`dd7185e0
fffffadc`dcd38020 fffffadc`dd651b40 : srv!SrvProcessSmb+0x19f
fffffadc`b92f9ca0 fffffadc`b8fe30f2 : 00000000`00000000 fffffadc`ddd479e0
00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : srv!SrvRestartReceive+0xca
fffffadc`b92f9d10 fffff800`0124a972 : fffffadc`ddd4abf0 00000000`00000080
fffffadc`ddd4abf0 fffff800`011b4500 : srv!WorkerThread+0x144
fffffadc`b92f9d70 fffff800`01020226 : fffff800`011b0180 fffffadc`ddd4abf0
fffff800`011b4500 fffff800`011b4dc0 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x3e
fffffadc`b92f9dd0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000
00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
srv!UnlinkRfcbFromLfcb+9c
fffffadc`b8fe6670 4c3b25190ffdff  cmp     r12,qword ptr
[srv!SrvServerProcess (fffffadc`b8fb7590)]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  3

SYMBOL_NAME:  srv!UnlinkRfcbFromLfcb+9c

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: srv

IMAGE_NAME:  srv.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4940fd67

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x93_srv!UnlinkRfcbFromLfcb+9c

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x93_srv!UnlinkRfcbFromLfcb+9c

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

SFO: security popup causes multiple contact creation
Hi! Scenario: Creating Account via SFO -> Save Creating Contact for new account via SFO -> Save -> Security PopUp (~ allow Access to Outlook addressbook for 1-10 minutes). After OKing those warnings the contact is created twice. Which security settings do I have to change to get rid of this failure? TIA Stefan ...

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

PLEASE HELP!! Project Tasks are Causing My Tasks to appear Blank
Happy New Year, everyone. Perhaps you all can assist me with an issue that no one seems to know to fix. Recently, we have seen that some submitted tasks are causing the status managers issues when trying to approve the tasks in My Tasks. What I mean is this: - Resource adds time to a task in My Tasks - Resource submits the time to the Status Manager - Status Manager goes into PWA and navigates to Task Approvals - The Status Manager’s Task Approvals screen freezes and after a short while, they are brought to a blank My Tasks page which shows ever...

Unexpected price changes in orders
Sometime back we had a problem with price changes on back orders. What would happen is this, we would be out of an item so the order was placed in the WAIT batch. Then, when the item was made, the batch number would be changed to move it to a daily batch, then released. On some items - not all - when the batch number was changed, the price would change from the customer's price level price to the LIST price. When checking the Price List, the customer's price level price is still there, but that is not what is now on the order. The odd thing is that it doesn't occur on a...

unexpected conversion trouble

Moving within the dialogue causes assertion failure!!!
Can anybody tell me the steps how should i modify the Dialogues in the working project?The moment i just change the places of the controls in the same dialogue i get assertion failure(i do not touch any code). or Is there any sample project in msdn? Thanks Its too vague to figure out whats going on. You should debug it and see what the offending assert says. Step in the code from the point where the assert is fired. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "sameer" <sameermanagoli@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:03e401c35215$f1e05e70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > C...

2 VS_VERSION_INFO blocks in rdpwd.sys
Hello and Happy Holidays to all... I need to read information from the VS_VERSION_INFO block without the use of Windows APIs (such as GetFileVersionInfo()). I've had this working for quite some time now, but I've recently run into a case where my results do not agree with the Windows Explorer Version Dialog. I get a miss on C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rdpwd.sys from a fully-patched S03,SP1. In reading the file in a hexeditor, the file contains (at least) 2 VS_VERSION_INFO blocks. My results reflect one block while WinExplorer pulls information from the other. What are the rules r...

IE8 says 'last session closed unexpectedly' and offers to restore
I never close down with IE open, so why does it keep asking to restore my last session? I have Windows 7, recently purchased, so no control over IE8. If I delete browsing history, I can use it, and open it over and over, but when I boot the machine, it won't allow me to open IE8 to my home page. Closing it with the task bar doesn't help - it just goes into a wait state the next time I try to open it. (p.s. signing up just to ask this question was a nightmare of unclear directions) "measurement" <measurement@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

FRX 6.0 "unexpected error; quitting"
When i create a new windows profile on a PC that already has FRX 6.0, login as that new user and try to run FRx, I get the follwoing error, "unexpected error; quitting". It doesn't matter who I attempt to logon to FRX as. Does anyone know how to fix this...? Thanks, Tom... ------=_NextPart_0001_31854365 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Tom K, Thanks for your FRx question. FRx 6.0 is no longer supported. I recommend upgrading to FRx 6.5 or FRx 6.7. However, the unexpected error quitting message can usually be resolved with registering the .dll...

Will i have to reboot after editing boot.ini
Hi I have exc2003 sp2 and want to edit the boot.ini because i have 3GB ram. Can i do this during business hours or will i have to reboot the box. Thanks for the /3GB switch you will need to reboot your server. Oliver "Express" <no-mail@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:eGo7O9y$GHA.5060@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have exc2003 sp2 and want to edit the boot.ini because i have 3GB ram. > Can i do this during business hours or will i have to reboot the box. > > Thanks > "Express" <no-mail@newsgroups.com> wrote in messa...

Unexpected state
Does anyone know what could have caused this error? ********* The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. The database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of Convert Database command of the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially coverted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command of the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) to convert it. If the original database is no longer ava...

Rules causing outlook to shutdown??? #2
For whatver reason I have narrowed down my problem with MS Outlook 2002 to the use of rules. For some reason when I have a rules setup to forward emails out to people on my work team it will automatically shutdown my Outlook and restart itself. Over and over again. It is very strange, almost like a memory issue, but I do not see how that could be the case. The messages usually get stuck in the outbox and appear to have never been sent but the recipeints receive the messages over an over again, ewach time Outlook shutsdown and restarts??? NEED HELP SO OUTLOOK WILL NOT SHUT ITSELF D...

Unexpected results
We have some code like this With X AS ( SELECT * FROM SomeData WHERE BadData != 1 ) SELECT * FROM X JOIN Y ON CAST(X.ColumnA AS INT) = Y.ColumnA The WITH statement should remove the data that cannot be converted to int before the join is done but this isn't what happens. Instead SQL Server decided to do the join first and then remove the bad data. The problem with this is that we get an error when casting to int. The really silly thing is that if we do this: SELECT CAST(ColumnA AS Int) FROM X then we get no problems. The other really silly thing is that this h...

CFileFind::Isdirectory() causes assertion
Hello, thanks for trying to help, I'm trying to use CFileFind::IsDirectory() in a simple wrapper.function. I think this used to work up until maybe the last build but not sure. The exception occured definitely when the parameter was a file, and maybe also when the parameter was a directory. Whatever. This is the code: BOOL ExistDirectory(CString strDirectory) { CFileFind FileFind; BOOL bWorking; bWorking = FileFind.FindFile(strDirectory); if (bWorking == TRUE) { //bWorking = FileFind.FindNextFile(); if (FileFind.IsDirectory() == TRUE) { // xxxxxxxx error! CFileFind::IsDirecto...

Deleting causes illegal operation error
Suddenly and as far as I am aware without any input over the weekend, outlook express on my pc has decided that to delete email from my inbox is an illegal operation and I recieve the following message: MSIMN caused an exception c0000006H in module DIRECTDB.DLL at 0177:01bf5549. Registers: EAX=9a7a4820 CS=0177 EIP=01bf5549 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=024601b0 SS=017f ESP=0056e284 EBP=0056e29c ECX=0056e2d0 DS=017f ESI=024601a8 FS=67cf EDX=0fc14820 ES=017f EDI=01c16348 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 89 10 8b 19 8b 4d 08 0f b7 0c 4d c8 14 bf 01 8b Stack dump: 01c16348 000018c0 00000005 00000019 00000000 0...

Access Closes Unexpectantly
I have a database that is on a Citrix server. There is only one user for the database. There is one main form that has three subforms on it and is the main form for entering data. When the user tries to enter data into the fields on the form, Access will just close unexpectantly. There is no error message, no "Access needs to shut down", no nothing. I've put error trapping code on the form, but it doesn't even hit that. With it being on a server I have split the BE and FE and I have just had the tables in the database itself, I've done all the usual things th...

sys.conversation_endpoints not purged
I desperately need help with service broker. I have created a simple application (code below), which uses a message queue to send messages from the initiator to the target. No response is required (I need a fire and forget strategy here). Although both sides of the conversation call END CONVERSATION, the table sys.conversation_endpoints is not purged and keeps filling up forever. SQL Server books online recommend using END CONVERSATION WITH CLEANUP for administrative purposes only. Can anyone please show me a way to properly end conversations in a "normal" way? I ha...

Opening Visio 2002 documents in Visio 2003 gives error "unexpected end of file"
Hi, I recently upgraded from Visio 2002 to Visio 2003, and now I no longer can open my visio documents I each time get the error message unable to open file : "unexpected end of file" while they still open fine in Visio 2002 Did anyone else came across this and if so... anyone has a solution??? Regards Olivier ...

Unexpected behavior #2
I am having a unique intermittent problem I am hoping someone can hel me with. I have a large Excel VPA application that has several button on the "Config" sheet that execute different VBA scripts. There ar also a large number of drop down list boxes. On a fairly regular basi an unusual behavior occurs, when you click on a drop down box one o the buttons (always the same button) magically moves to the drop dow box that was clicked. Once this happens the first time, every time yo click on a drop down box the button moves to that box. You can clos and reopen the file and it will conti...

Auto Reboot Windows 2000 Server
Is there a way to have your Windows 2000 Server to auto reboot? I can do this with a Terminal Server using ts???.exe as a scheduled task but I havn't found anything for a standard server. Thanks "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61ed01c40138$7ecd0be0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have your Windows 2000 Server to auto > reboot? I can do this with a Terminal Server using > ts???.exe as a scheduled task but I havn't found anything > for a standard server. Thanks Have someone wrap the following Delphi code.......

CRM addin causing outlook messages to hang in outbox
I have about 20 different CRM SFO clients installed. Three of these experienced an issue with sending mail. It was not consitant, but it was frequent. When you would send an email it would go the the outbox and would not send out. The email would not be in italic and it had a date of none. No matter what you would do to this email (open it back up and resend, etc.) it would sit in the outbox. If you set your mail to send immediatly it would work, but for my users this was impratical since they are not connected at all times. I had the issue on my laptop and eventually modified the regis...

The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error.
Hello people, After I haven�t used my PC(vista) for two weeks I started it and anything looked normal but when the vista green background appears(where you normally choose the user) suddenly this error pops up: �The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your computer and then restart installation.� The only thing I can do is press Ok, if I do so my computer restarts and the same error appears. Some things I can and can�t do: I can�t reach my desktop. I can�t choo...

Information Store and MTA fail to start after reboot
When I reboot our Exchange 2003 SP2 server the Information Store and MTA fails to start. I am able to start both of them manually (they are both set to start automatically). The server has GFI mail essentials, Microsoft Live Communication Server and Computer Associates eTrust Anti-virus installed on it. The problem had not occurred until recently (probably after an install of some Microsoft patches). I have listed all of the error messages we are getting below after a reboot. I have searched the Microsoft forums and googled the problem but have been unable to find a solution (I f...

Outlook closes unexpectedly after receiving or sending messages
Hi, When i receive e-mail or send one outlook closes on it's own... Where only a few person in the compagny having this problem... Does anyone has any ideas...? Thanks, Chris. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Chris Krummen" <christophe_krummen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99d1eb2a.0312040749.1b17db2c@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > When i receive e-mail or send one outlook closes on it's ...

unexpected errors
Recently I tried to forward a couple of emails which failed with a pop up message of unexpected errors. Anyone know what that means or how to correct? I get a similar message when I try to remove messages from a "Recovered" folder in the personal folder area of outlook. In that case I can't delete the messages. You will be more likely to get a response if you post to one of the Outlook newsgroups. This one is for Word. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Rob...