trust relationsship

for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning "The trust
relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."

Dont even know how this comes about.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I
really dont want to take it off the domain just to put it back because of
the profiles.

Thanks,
Raul Rego

0
Raul

Raul wrote:
> for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning
> "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary
> domain failed."
> Dont even know how this comes about.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I
> really dont want to take it off the domain just to put it back
> because of the profiles.
>
> Thanks,
> Raul Rego

The domain profiles will remain intact, unless there has been other
workstation local actions.

--
/kj

0
kj
12/15/2009 5:57:54 PM
Just unjoin and join the workstation.
The profile will remain OK (provided that it is OK now).

"Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning "The
> trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
> failed."
>
> Dont even know how this comes about.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I
> really dont want to take it off the domain just to put it back because of
> the profiles.
>
> Thanks,
> Raul Rego

0
Dusko
12/15/2009 6:36:42 PM
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:36:42 +0100, "Dusko Savatovic"
<savatovic@nospam.gmail.com> wrote:

>Just unjoin and join the workstation.
>The profile will remain OK (provided that it is OK now).

Don't do this. Use the Network ID button in "My Computer/Properties/Computer
Name". This will find the computer account and allow you to re-use it. Leaving
the domain and re-joining with trash the computer's group memberships, OU
location, Managed computer status etc.

--
Dave Mills
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

When I wrote...
<quote myself>
  Just unjoin and join the workstation.
</quote myself>
.... I had in my mind the following.

1. To unjoin computer from the domain
a) Log on to the workstation with local admin rights.
b) Open 'System Properties'. One way to do it is: Start(orb) - right click
on Computer - Properties - Advanced System Properties.
c) Click 'Computer name' tab.
d) Click 'Change' button.
e) In the 'Computer Name/Domain Changes' click 'Workgroup' button. Specify
name for the workgroup, for example WORKGROUP. Click OK
f) Click OK to close all open windows.
g) Reboot your computer.

2. To join computer to the domain
a) Your workstation is now member of the workgroup. Log on to the
workstation with local admin rights.
b) Open 'System Properties'. One way to do it is: Start(orb) - right click
on Computer - Properties - Advanced System Properties.
c) Click 'Computer name' tab.
d) Click 'Change' button.
e) In the 'Computer Name/Domain Changes' click 'Domain' button. Specify name
of your domain. When prompted, specify valid credentials to log on to your
domain and join computer tio the domain.
f) Click OK to close all open windows.
g) Reboot your computer and log on with your domain account.

With the above procedure, the computer account does not get deleted when it
is unjoined from the domain and when rejoined, the workstation is associated
with the existing computer object in Active Directory in whichever OU it may
be located.

Dave, what other procedure for unjoining/joining did you believe I was
refering to in my previous post?

Best regards,
DuskoS

"DaveMills" <DaveMills@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:36:42 +0100, "Dusko Savatovic"
> <savatovic@nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Just unjoin and join the workstation.
>>The profile will remain OK (provided that it is OK now).
>
> Don't do this. Use the Network ID button in "My
> Computer/Properties/Computer
> Name". This will find the computer account and allow you to re-use it.
> Leaving
> the domain and re-joining with trash the computer's group memberships, OU
> location, Managed computer status etc.
>

>>"Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning "The
>>> trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
>>> failed."
>>>
>>> Dont even know how this comes about.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  I
>>> really dont want to take it off the domain just to put it back because
>>> of
>>> the profiles.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Raul Rego
>>>

> --
> Dave Mills
> There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that
> don't.

0
Dusko
12/18/2009 9:37:17 AM
"DaveMills" <DaveMills@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:36:42 +0100, "Dusko Savatovic"
> <savatovic@nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Just unjoin and join the workstation.
>>The profile will remain OK (provided that it is OK now).
>
> Don't do this. Use the Network ID button in "My
> Computer/Properties/Computer
> Name". This will find the computer account and allow you to re-use it.
> Leaving
> the domain and re-joining with trash the computer's group memberships, OU
> location, Managed computer status etc.

I have to agree with Dusko. I've done this even with Exchange servers, and
it works nicely, machine is still part of the Exchange servers group, etc.
If you've previously moved the computer from the default Computers
container, then it may need to be moved to wherever you;ve previously moved
it to, otherwise, it pretty much works.

--
Ace

confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit among
responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & MCSA
2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer

For urgent issues, please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace

Which SIde of Trust to run SFO Client
Login onto a CRM Active Directory domain, whether or not its joined to domain, and I can go OFFLINE without errors in SFO. Login to the non-CRM domain which is part of a trust, it does not. But I can add the CRM users to my non-CRM local admins etc, so its showing the trust is working. Does anyone know if CRM SFO should ONLY be installed on the CRM side of a trust and then authenticate against that in order to open the SFO? Does this mean the trust talked about in CRM is only to access resources on a pre-ACtive Directory network? And thus it will not work in the way described? Many thanks...

Trust Center
Microsoft office excel security notices pop up is displayed when I start Excel 2007 to either "enable macros" or "disable macros" I enabled the 3 of them I go to "Excel Options" -- "Trust Center" -- "Trust Center Settings" The "Trusted Locations", "add new location", "remove" and "modify" are greyed out Trusted Locations was okay two weeks ago when I updated to 2007 and added the location paths to my startup files with macros embedded in them. Where do I change the policy for this re...

trust relationsship
for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed." Dont even know how this comes about. Any ideas on how to fix this? I really dont want to take it off the domain just to put it back because of the profiles. Thanks, Raul Rego Raul wrote: > for the first time in about 10 years I got a message this morning > "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary > domain failed." > Dont even know how this comes about. Any ideas on ho...

trusts
I would like to set up one way trusts with exchange I have two different sites currently we use rpc over http for our remote site. Currently the remote site has its own domain name. I want to put an exchange server on the remote site and allow it to still see all the contacts of the larger company but I don't want it to be able to add to the global catolog on the main local exchange server. could you point me in the right direction. -- Mark Roshak Are both locations part of different AD Forests (and thereby different Exchange Orgs)? If yes: - to synchronize GALs between the 2 Org...

Trusts?
I have a 2K AD with an Exchange 2k3 server. I also have a remote network with an NT4.0 domain. I'd like the clients on the NT4.0 domain to be able to access the Exchange Server via Outlook. Would I have to setup a trust between the NT4 domain and the 2K AD in order for the NT4 domain users to access their mailboxes? We have a VPN connection between the two networks. ...

Attachments from Trusted Email Address
I need to send *.doc attachments from my work email address to my new laptop's email address, but my security software won't import them. My old computer would run a virus scan on them and let me have them; my new software won't let me see them. How do I make Outlook accept attachments from a trusted email address? help instructions talk about Digital ID's, but I don't know where I can find a Digital ID for my office email address. The only button active is Import, and I don't have any file from which I can import it. I don't want to have top swap out ...

Trust Failed
hi all... two days ago i encountered a trouble... i have two server in my office (ad writable, same domain)... everything was fine since when,two days ago, i get the error " the trust between this workstation and the primary server cannot be established" or something like that, because error is in italian... i cannot log on any pc in my office... the only way is to detach the ethernet and log being disconnected from server, and then plug in the network again.. once i do that i can access the pc and but can access only one of the two server... what does th...

Remove DC running Exchange from Trust
Hi, We are doing some maintenance on our network. Part of this requires use to remove a remote server from a domain trust. However this server is also has Exchange running. What we are unsure of is how removing the trust will affect Exchange, are there any steps we need to take before removing the trust? Mark ...

Trust relationship between primary and trusted domain failed
Hi, Recently we lost a remote site that was setup as Windows nt 4.0 domain with bi-dir trust relationship to the main site and bunch others. When the only PDC failed in this site, we built a new server with windows 2003 and made it join AD domain. Everything is working fine now as far as cross domain authentication, printing etc. However when I try to change the windows account for their mailbox, I get following error. The trust relationship between the primary and trusted domain failed. Microsoft Windows NT ID No: 0xc00206fc I checked the trust and it's already set to bi-directional. ...

set up trust domain
Dear all, I want to setup trusted domain of Windows 2008 R2 for in Windows 2000 domain. for copy files from servers in the Windows 2000 domain to server in the Windows 2008 R2 domain. How to do so? I added an one-way trust, but it didn't work. I should miss something. BTW, the two domain is in the same IP subnet, should I disable WINS on one of the domain? Let all PC/server use the same WINS? Regards, Terence. ...

VbScript to change Access Trust Center to add a Folder.
Running Access 2007 using the old .mdb from Access 2003 my back end is SQL Server 2008. I will be installing Access 2007 onto my users PC. What I need is a script, preferable VBScript, to run, that will add a folder to the trusted location, this folder contains all my databases from Access 2003 and other files. Anyone have a script like that already running? I am sure it wouldn't be too hard, but I am still learning Access 2007. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conversion/200906/1 You can just set it in the Registr...

Error in creating a mailbox on exchange 5.5 says trust failed between primary and trusted domain
I have Exchange 5.5 setup on Windows 2K in a W2K3 domain. If I try and add a mailbox without a primary account assigned to it I get an Error that says The trust relationship between the primary and trusted domain failed. Now I do have several NT 4.0 domains that have a two-way trust between them and my 2k3 domain. If I create a new account or assign to an existing account I do not get the error. Any Ideas ? Sounds like things are working like they're supposed to. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Darryl Burnette&...

Trust Accounting and a few questions
This is not so much a technical question but I was hoping someone here could answer it. Does GP have the abililty to handle trust accounts. Also, can it bring on black checks...i.e. completely blank checks with no bank numbers or check numbers? Thanks! Dave Tegarding Blank Checks - we use Mekorma to print checks. We start with completely blank check stock and Mekorma prints all the info including the bank MICR. This allows us to have one check stock for lots of accounts. "Dave" wrote: > This is not so much a technical question but I was hoping someone here could &...

Client Trust Bank Reconcilliation + Ledger
Hello I am creating a spreadsheet for users that are not very familiar wit excel. I need to create a list of transactions that will feed into monthly bank reconcilliation form. Also I would need at least tw reports 1. client name 2. total activity. the bank reconcilliation should have an option for cleared checks b the bank and receipts not deposited. Below is the bank reconcilliation Balance in Book of 34,805.18 Balance on Statement 34,373.18 Cash Receipts: Outstanding Checks Formula Outstanding Deposits Formula Deposits Formula E...

Windows Trusts.
Hi, I have a Windows SBS 2003 domain, seperate Exchange 2003 server which is quite flaky and I am in the process of designing and building a new Windows 2008 domain, Exchange 2010. The two will act in the beggining as seperate domains but will have to interact for data transfer and more importantly moving Exchange mailboxes. What is the best way to achieve this with the idea of dissolving the 2003 domain eventually and running only on the 2008 one. Will I have to do an adprep? is a trust relationship the best way of doing it? These are the type of things I need to know. ...

trust help.
Hi all, We are going to create a two-way forest with CompanyB. The companyB has same internal and external public naming b.com. I just create the conditional forwarder for b.com to use their internal DNS server IPs. Now, when I ping b.com, it still routes to the external IP. Is this supposed to be? If I do nslookup b.com and it returns all their internal DNS IPs. Can I build a two-way forest trust or any additiona steps I need to configure? Thank you. If you are getting a different address when pinging and using NSLOOKUP on the same computer it is probably just the ...

Transitive Trust
I would like to know if there are issues that I should be aware of if I change the IP address of a Primary DNS server with a transitive trust to another forest. Thank you in advance. Hello Jonathan, Make sure that DNS on the other site of the trust will be checked after it is operational on your site. After changing the ip address run ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns and restart the netlogon service or reboot. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT em...

Forest trust
Good morning. We have created a trust between two domains in different forests, enabled sid history and successfully migrated test users. It has now come to light that we need to create a forest trust because we have an app which requires Kerberos authenication and I've read that domain trusts don't support kerberos. I can't imagine there will be an issue, but if someone can agree that it will be fine that would be great. I guess the existing trust will theoretically become a shortcut trust. Cheers, Dylan. Not sure what your specific question is? There shouldn'...

Trusted Site
My company puts .xlsm/.xlsx/.xls files up on a WSS 3.0 server. When I go to open them, I always get a warning that the files are not on a trusted site. How do I configure a sharepoint site as a trusted site in Excel? You have to tell Excel, not SharePoint, that the SharePoint site is "trusted". In Excel 2007, see the "Trust Centre". --rms www.rmschneider.com Mike H. wrote: > My company puts .xlsm/.xlsx/.xls files up on a WSS 3.0 server. When I go to > open them, I always get a warning that the files are not on a trusted site. > ...

Exchange users across domain trust
A little topology explanation first........We have 2 separate forests......DomainA and DomainB Owners of DomainA (littleco.local) have acquired DomainB (bigco.com) Goal is to have all users that exist on DomainA have an exchange account on DomainB and be able to authenticate and connect with there DomainA credentials DomainA we will call LittleCo.local and is a Server2003 single domain forest DomainB we will call BigCo.com and is a Server2000 single domain with 4 DC's and an Exchange2003 on top of a Server 2000 platform I have successfully built a Domain Two-Way trust between the 2 doma...

Thanks for your trust.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A6_01C56EC7.DB77B590 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Thanks for your trust. -------------------------------------------------------- INTERNATIONAL / WorldWide MONEY an MORE America / Europa / Asia / Africa / Australia and others=20 DIE 5 Geldmaschinen / THE 5 Moneymachines for YOU 2 ? zu 15.160 ? AND 10 ? to 78.520 ?=20 Best Real and easiest e-Commmerce / homebusiness Bestes einfachstes E-commerce / homebusiness www.froogle-24.de.vu...

Network Drive Not Being Added To Trusted Location
I have an access database on a network drive which I want 2 be accessible to all the official users. However, after designing the moment I have placed it on a Network drive I have found it not to be added to trusted locations for the VBA code 2 b working. Any particular reason? and way out? -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! Faraz, The database should be split and front ends placed on the Users local drive. That is what should be added to the Trusted Location. I have never added a network drive to the Trusted Location and never found it necessary to do so. Your Us...

Anyone here use Trusted Keywords?
I tell you our department got 100-300 spam emails a day, and this was being sent to nonpublished addresses! I don't know how they got our addresses, but they did. Our IT guy who is a smart fellow, spent some time on the internet to come up with something tht would work for us, and he found Spam CSI - Crime Scene Investigator. I don't know where he got it from but he says its all over google. Anyway, this thing does a million tricks, but the one we like the most is that we can set it up to look for a special keyword in the email, and if it finds it, it lets it go through. If it d...

XL 2003 Trust Access to Visual Basic Project greyed out
I have just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I have some programs that use Excel and require the Macro security level to be set to Low and the 'Trust Access to Visual Basic Project' option to be selected. After installing my security level was set to high. I was able to reset this back to low but the 'Trust Access to Visual Basic Project' option is greyed out, and some of my programs don't work properly. How do I enable this option in Excel 2003? TIA Phil. Hi all I am having the same problem..................... and i am tring to find out what has been the proble...

Unit Trust
Does MS Money 2004 (US Edition) support Unit Trusts? When I attempt to enter a new investment the only options are: Bond CD or US Savings Bond Employee Stock Option Equity or Index Option Money Market Mutual Fund Stock In microsoft.public.money, Howard wrote: >Does MS Money 2004 (US Edition) support Unit Trusts? I would call it a Mutual Fund. ...