The same HTTPS certificate on different server

Hi

We have two web servers running on Win2003 Standard.One is for production
and the second for testing. The have different IPs, but the public URL is
the same. From time to time we switch public IP (our company web site)to
second private IP server for testing purposes, and then back to the first
web server.
Can we use the same SSL (HTTPS) web certificate (issued by Versign) for both
of the servers for our company domain? If yes, how can this be done on a
second server in IIS?
Regards,Miha

0
Miha

Yes, it can be done.

Using the MMC Certificate snap-in, export the certificate (be sure to get
both the public and private keys) to the hard drive.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779668%28WS.10%29.aspx

If you did this already, and didn't mark the private key "exportable" you
will be unable to copy the certificate in this way.

Just move the file like any other file.

In IIS certificates wizard, choose "import a certificate" (or similar).

The certificates care about the URL matching up, and having the public and
private key.  They don't care about the IP.

Note, the certificate should be considered sensitive information and
protected from ending up "out in the wild"

"Miha" <miha@positiva.si> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> We have two web servers running on Win2003 Standard.One is for production
> and the second for testing. The have different IPs, but the public URL is
> the same. From time to time we switch public IP (our company web site)to
> second private IP server for testing purposes, and then back to the first
> web server.
> Can we use the same SSL (HTTPS) web certificate (issued by Versign) for
> both of the servers for our company domain? If yes, how can this be done
> on a second server in IIS?
> Regards,Miha

0
_
2/22/2010 2:56:54 PM
Thanks!
Regards,Miha
".._.." <testing@jacksoncountybank.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it can be done.
>
> Using the MMC Certificate snap-in, export the certificate (be sure to get
> both the public and private keys) to the hard drive.
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779668%28WS.10%29.aspx
>
> If you did this already, and didn't mark the private key "exportable" you
> will be unable to copy the certificate in this way.
>
> Just move the file like any other file.
>
> In IIS certificates wizard, choose "import a certificate" (or similar).
>
> The certificates care about the URL matching up, and having the public and
> private key.  They don't care about the IP.
>
> Note, the certificate should be considered sensitive information and
> protected from ending up "out in the wild"
>

> "Miha" <miha@positiva.si> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> We have two web servers running on Win2003 Standard.One is for production
>> and the second for testing. The have different IPs, but the public URL is
>> the same. From time to time we switch public IP (our company web site)to
>> second private IP server for testing purposes, and then back to the first
>> web server.
>> Can we use the same SSL (HTTPS) web certificate (issued by Versign) for
>> both of the servers for our company domain? If yes, how can this be done
>> on a second server in IIS?
>> Regards,Miha

0
Miha
2/22/2010 3:38:05 PM
I would also suggest you read the Verisign licensing terms - certificates
are normally specified as only being allowed to be used on a single server,
and to use on additional servers there will be an additional licensing fee.

Dan

> Thanks!
> Regards,Miha
> ".._.." <testing@jacksoncountybank.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, it can be done.
>>
>> Using the MMC Certificate snap-in, export the certificate (be sure to get
>> both the public and private keys) to the hard drive.
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779668%28WS.10%29.aspx
>>
>> If you did this already, and didn't mark the private key "exportable" you
>> will be unable to copy the certificate in this way.
>>
>> Just move the file like any other file.
>>
>> In IIS certificates wizard, choose "import a certificate" (or similar).
>>
>> The certificates care about the URL matching up, and having the public
>> and private key.  They don't care about the IP.
>>
>> Note, the certificate should be considered sensitive information and
>> protected from ending up "out in the wild"
>>

>> "Miha" <miha@positiva.si> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> We have two web servers running on Win2003 Standard.One is for
>>> production and the second for testing. The have different IPs, but the
>>> public URL is the same. From time to time we switch public IP (our
>>> company web site)to second private IP server for testing purposes, and
>>> then back to the first web server.
>>> Can we use the same SSL (HTTPS) web certificate (issued by Versign) for
>>> both of the servers for our company domain? If yes, how can this be done
>>> on a second server in IIS?
>>> Regards,Miha

0
Dan

CRM Application certification
Hi, Can anybody tell me, from where can i find the braindumps for MSCRM Application and MSCRM Customization Exams? I need to clear these exams. Thanks in advance, Ashwani Lets hope any responses to this message will be removed by moderators... The exams are not meant to be 'cleared'. Hard work, understanding and time is what is needed. Sad, but true... >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Can anybody tell me, from where can i find the braindumps for MSCRM >Application and MSCRM Customization Exams? >I need to clear these exams. > >Thanks in advance, >Ashw...

rpc over https #11
I'm having trouble getting this to work on Win2003 server running Exchange 2003 sp1 (for some reason sp2 did not install correctly and need to re-apply). The certificate is not installed on the default web site because we host domains on the server(single server environment). Owa works fine: https://mail.domain.com, I've made the registry changes for single server but Outlook still connects with tcp even internally. Anyone get this working in a hosted environment? ...

Exchange 5.5 and its OWA in Windows 2003 server
Has anyone implemented Exchange 5.5 and OWA in a Windows 2003 server? Is it stable? An article from Microsoft indiated that OWA from 5.5 is not supported in Windows 2003 server. Wingman It wont work. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "wing.szeto@advantek.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5e8a01c474bd$48bc7dd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone implemented Exchange 5.5 and OWA in a Windows > 2003 server? Is it stable? An article from Micr...

https
Hi all, i'm using CHttpSession class object to implement a web browser. I'm able to open all sites with url http://.... but unable to open sites using secure http. Can u help me to solve this problem. My aim is to make an application that can give me html source code of secure sites using http secure protocol. At present i'm able to get code of all sites using simple http protocol. please help You will have to create CHttpConnection object with INTERNET_FLAG_SECURE flag. -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com/Blogs "PARIJAT" <parijat_3000@hotmail.com...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

Why does rpc over https not work?
Hi all, When I configure the rpc over https on the exchange 2003 servers, I still can not make a connection as it pops me for the password. After I entered my domain password, it can not be accepted. We have FE and BE servers and exchange 2003 SP2. I configure s tje FE server to use basic authentication and integrated authentication on the backend serves. I can not figure out why it does not work. Can anyone help me with these? Hi, Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user name and password. If it is giving the certificate warning, install the certific...

different resolutions
Does anyone know of an add-on or other that can be implemented into an MDB front end to allow its forms and reports to look the same at different screen resolutions? Hi, > Does anyone know of an add-on or other that can be implemented into > an MDB front end to allow its forms and reports to look the same at > different screen resolutions? Take a look at the "Form scaling/resizing Tool" here : http://www.developershandbook.com/downloads.htm Regards Jens Thanks. "Jens Schilling" <jensschillingBitteLoeschen@fissership.de> wrote in message news:f7...

Data collecting from different sheets
Hi! I have a workbook where I collect data to "raw data sheets". In theese sheets the average of eath data category is calculated. What I need is a macro that i can run in each new sheet so that theese averages are filled into a presentation sheet. To make things more complicated there will be different amounts of data (rows) in eath sheet. The setup I need to work with is this: Column A: States the type of data (only in the row where the average data is, otherwise blank) Columns C,E,G,I,K,M,O,P: The data I wish to copy. (But only in the average data rows, determ...

Why is date accessed and date modified different?(Excel 2000)
Hi, I am puzzled by the fact that one of my excel documents shows a different modified time than the the accessed time. I do not remember saving(i wrote down the last time I saved and the time modified) and this time is changed. I don't share computers with anyone. Does the system modify these files sometimes? Thanks, Ed Some functions such as NOW and TODAY are "volatile" meaning that they will cause a calculation of those cells when any calculation is mode, including updating those values when the workbook is open. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Profe...

how do i open documents in different excel windows??
Hi, I work usually with the same 4 excel documents (I have them on my desktop). I open right one of them, my problem is: when I open the second document, it appears in the SAME excel window than the first one, and then the third, and the fourth.... How can i make to open each document in a different Excel window? Different windows of the same instance of excel? If you're using xl2k or higher: tools|options|view tab|check windows in taskbar tirengarfio wrote: > > Hi, > > I work usually with the same 4 excel documents (I have them on my desktop). > > I open ...

owa http to https
as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839357/en-us So when attempt to redirect http://server to http://server/exchange I get a 403 forbidden- You are not authorized to view this page I have repleaced the 403.4 with /owaasp/owahttps.asp for /exchange and have place owahttp.asp in the top of the doc list on Default Web Site. What am I missing ? SSL setup on default website or wherever OWA runs from ? "Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2999E1A6-8784-4054-BB61-2CE6F78E9CC3@microsoft.com... > as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839357/en-us >...

How to format the date in different cells
I work in a doctor´┐Żs office in a hospital, and the Chief Physiotherapist asked me to redo their yearly schedules. I based myself on their previous schedule, but added color and style to it. We use at the hospital the software Excel 2000. So, in cell B1, from the Menu, I clicked: Format, Cells, Number, Date, and in Type, I chose the format **Wednesday, March 14, 2001*. I had to repeat the same process to cell B9, B17, B25, up to B97, changing the date accordingly in each cell. The Physiotherapist was impressed by my work, but had a concern regarding the individual dating of the cells. H...

resource editing different from IE?
Hi, I tried to open a JPG file from resource editor, it seems like 256 colors, but from IE, it is perfect, at least 16K. why? thanks ...

different address list when delegating
When delegating the address list shown is a subset of the Global Address List even though the rest of Outlook has the Global address list and I am not on this subset of the GAL. ...

RPC over HTTPs
With SP1 for exchange do i still need t oedit the registry on exchange and on the DC to get RCP over HTTPS to work? Thanks Skip While I have applied SP1 to Exchange 2003 and noticed a new tab on the server object in Exchange System Manager concerning RPC-HTTP, I have no clue what this new tab does. (My system was configured for RPC/HTTP before SP1, so I haven't tried any options on this tab to see what it does. Might be worth a peek to see what each does or ask in the m.p.exchange group.) "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3933A6-FC93-4A9...

Exchange Server error message
I'm getting this error message from our exchange server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any ideas would be appreciated. "techman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting this error message from our exchange >server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk >space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any >ideas would be appreciated. Does this happen for ALL messages, or just some? It may be that the message contains a line ...

HTTPS !
I am trying OWA to use HTTPS. I am following: http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004owafba.html BUT.... before I even try to set ISA, OWA internally cannot see https. If I do https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange internally I first get message "Cannot find server or DNS error"... on refresh the page becomes white and looks downloading for ever. mail is in my DNS; http works! Evan On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:39:54 +0200, "Evan Camilleri" <e70mt@yahoo.co.uk.nospam> wrote: >I am trying OWA to use HTTPS. I am following: >http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2...

Charts based on Different Dates
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to (if possible) create a series of charts that involve certain dates throughout the year. The data will be the same for all charts but I want it to be between dates. I might want to see charts for 01/01/10 to 31/03/10 or I might want to see the same Charts but for different dates like 01/04/10 to 30/06/10 or from 01/01/10 to 30/06/10 Is it possible to be able to enter the "from" date into say A1 and the "to" date into B1 and then the charts will automatically show the corresponding data. I have something fixed already using sumproduc...

using old Gift certificates on our new RMS
Ok, I have just transfered to RMS from another POS system. We couldn't export our old gift certificates to the new RMS, but they are still out there and being redeemed. The problem is they have already been sold and we need them in our system. We have tried a discount on a sale, but that only takes money off the sub total and shorts the taxes owed on the total. How do we get our old gift certificates in our new system without taking in money and effecting our bookkeeping, and having allowing our customers to use them. We also tried to enter them as vouchers and in a payment optio...

too many different cell formats #4
i'm trying to open a wq3 file with excel 2000 and i get the error message "too many different cell formats". please help be open this. i do not have qpro. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi for dealing with too many cell formats have a look at the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i'm trying to open a wq3 file with excel 2000 and i get the error > message "too many different cell formats". please help be open this. > > i do not have ...

Error"cant contact LDAP directory server(81)when clicking"To"
I followed the the directions of the "help" file to export my outlook express addresses to outlook.( Numerous times, with the same following result. However when I click "to" to send a message I receive the eroor message"Cant contact the LDAP directory server(81).Then the select names window opens and I have to use the drop down to change from active directory to contacts, then the addresses appear. Where did I go wrong and how do i resolve the situation Hi John Open Outlook Go to tools > email accounts > "view or change existing directories or add b...

Calculatting Time difference
I have a form where I am entering all issues. On this form I placed subform where I am displaying issues that are still open and not resolved. I want to display time difference between current time and the last update. Here is the code I am using: Private Sub Form_Timer() Dim sngElapsedTime As Date Dim Last_Update As Date 'determine the amount of time that has elapse between last update ' and now. sngElapsedTime = Now() - [Last Update] 'Update the timer txtTimeDiff = Format(sngElapsedTime, "hh:mm:ss") End Sub Timer interval is set to ...

Reading text strings from a listbox in a different process
Does anyone have any ideas how to extract text strings from a listbox in different process? I've tried the following code, but had no success: HWND hWnd = ::FindWindow(NULL, m_window_caption); HWND hCtrl = ::FindWindowEx(hWnd, NULL, NULL, (LPCTSTR) m_controlname); long cId = ::GetWindowLong(hCtrl, GWL_ID); char buffer[2048]; int y = ::SendDlgItemMessage(hWnd, cId, LB_GETCOUNT, 0, 0); ::SendDlgItemMessage(hWnd, cId, LB_GETTEXT, y -1, (LPARAM) buffer); First, are you sure you have the right handle? You seem to be going through a fairly convoluted set of calls to solve a simple probl...

RPC over HTTPS #3
If I setup our exchange 2003 server to use RPC over https for our remote clients who will all be outlook 2003 clients will this break our Outlook clients internally which range from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2003. Keep in mind we have one exchange 2003 server and one Organization. It will have no effect on the non outlook 2003 clients. It is simply another means of connecting to the exchange server. "Chris Tatro" <k0rnshell@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23nABy$VIEHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I setup our exchange 2003 server to use RPC over https for our remo...

"SOAP Server Application Faulted" Error Message
Has anyone seen this message: "ErrorMessage: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Access Denied.Source: System.Web.Services" I am trying to create an account using ASP.Net with the following code: Dim myCred As New NetworkCredential("xxxx", "yyyy", "domain") 'strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server Dim strServer As String = "crm01" 'strVirtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM 'virtual directory on the platform Web server Dim strVirtualDirectory As String = "mscrmserv...