TechNet Subscriber Looking for Win2K Pro & Win2K Advanced Server.

As a new TechNet Subscriber, I have not been able to locate Windows 2000
Professional or Windows 2000 Advanced Server for downloading from TechNet.
I've been told by the people at TechNet support that this was due to some
java related settlement that had occurred in the past, and that if I could
find TechNet subscribers who were fortunate enough to have downloaded it from
TechNet prior to the settlement, I could legally obtain it from them. Are
there any TechNet Subscribers in this forum that would be able to provide me
a copy of the Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Advanced Server .iso
files along with their associated product keys? Any help you could provide
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

First of all the answer will be NO. And secondly the keys for any Windows 2000 Pro
or Server or anything to do with 2000 is not valid anymore and will not work since
MS has shut the door on everything that is 2000. That was the agreement with MS\Sun
and the DOJ. You cannot even download SR1a. It will not install

--
Peter

"RD707" <rd707@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> As a new TechNet Subscriber, I have not been able to locate Windows 2000
> Professional or Windows 2000 Advanced Server for downloading from TechNet.
> I've been told by the people at TechNet support that this was due to some
> java related settlement that had occurred in the past, and that if I could
> find TechNet subscribers who were fortunate enough to have downloaded it from
> TechNet prior to the settlement, I could legally obtain it from them. Are
> there any TechNet Subscribers in this forum that would be able to provide me
> a copy of the Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Advanced Server .iso
> files along with their associated product keys? Any help you could provide
> would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

0
Peter
> First of all the answer will be NO. And secondly the keys for any Windows
> 2000 Pro or Server or anything to do with 2000 is not valid anymore and
> will not work since MS has shut the door on everything that is 2000. That
> was the agreement with MS\Sun and the DOJ. You cannot even download SR1a.
> It will not install

The keys will still work. If you have the Keys,...and the Disks (or
ISOs),...it will install. There is no "activation" with 2000 and no part of
the installation process uses the Internet or communicates with MS.

There are still Windows2000 machines in service,...so it is smart for
developers to test if their products work on 2000.  The DoJ is not going to
come into our businesses and take our 2000 boxes away from us.

I don't think I have any Subsrciption Disks or ISO's,...but getting the
disks from another subscriber should not be a problem as long as the person
uses their *own* Key and the "giver" does not give their Key with it.

--
Phillip Windell

Phillip

owa on cluster server loading error.
hello people, got a problem with owa. the problem is that I can logon to owa and see the menu on the left and top of the screen. only the content frame stays empty with "loading...." in the top. this happens in the locale network, on the server as well from remote locations. the system is an active/passive cluster. running 2000 advanced server with all service packs. running exchange 2003 enterprise with service pack 2. already remade the cluster http resource without succes. also checked the microsoft wesite. all without luck. any ideas? .... do you see the same behaviour when...

How can I look in a sharing folder of another computer?
I have a home network of 4 computers - 2 WinXP, Vista, Win7. The network works normally. I can easily look in a sharing folder of another computer by my Total Commander. But I made a bootable BartPE CD. After booting from the CD I can get online and browse any sites around the world, but I cannot look in a nearby computer folder! Every time I get the following message. "Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use... " How do I fix this problem? Thank you Lev "Levlg" <levlg@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:4ba0b9b4$1@d...

dex.ini in Terminal Server environment
Hello: I have read the TK article on setting up GP in a Terminal Server environment, as well as postings on this newsgroup. They speak toward creating a dex.ini file for each user profile. How do you do that? In particular, we need to make sure the individual users have their own printer settings. The postings, also, discuss pointing to the shared dictionaries such as reports.dic through the dex.ini file. But, if this is controlled by the dynamics.set file, what does the dex.ini file have to do with this? childofthe1980s ------=_NextPart_0001_BE47A8A1 Content-Type: text/plain Cont...

Windows 7 upgrade of XP Pro with IE 8 and getting Certificate Erro
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro with Windows 7 Pro and I also had IE running on my machine under XP. now when I browse to many sites I am getting a certificate warning message in IE. I can choose to continue on to the site (even though it says that is not recommended.). But this is VERY ANNOYING! Pleas help! I have tried adjusting many different IE settings, and verified the date-time is correct on my PC. This is happening on valid web sites. So far not very happy with this upgrade! Below is the error message I am seeing in IE: -----------------------------------...

[OT] Jana server mit Symantec Internet Security 2004
Ich habe folgende Rechnerkonstelation zu Hause: 1) WinXP mit Kabelanschluss und zweiter Netzwerkkarte - Symantec Internet Security 2004 (mit NAV 2004 nat�rlich) - Auf diesem Rechner l�uft der Jana Server V 2.4.2 als Mail-Server 2) Win2K �ber ICS �ber den WinXP-Rechner - ebenfalls : Symantec Internet Security 2004 (mit NAV 2004 nat�rlich) Wie konfiguriere ich das Zusammenspiel zwischen Jana Server und NAV, damit alle eingehenden und ausgehenden Mails �berpr�ft werden. Ich kenne mich mit Jana noch nicht so gut aus. Bitte genauere Informationen. Danke Harald And how is this Outlook ...

Entourage 2004 and Exchange Server
Hi there, We have recently installed an exchange server. We have a public folder with 2 calendars in it. Everyone on PCs can see the calendars except for the 2 Macintosh users (Entourage 2004). The mac users can see Public Folders > Internet News Groups but not the 2 calendars. Any help appreciated? Matt The fact that you can't access calendar entries or contacts stored in Public Folders is a known issue. Your request here should be logged. Alternatively, you can send feedback using the web form. In Entourage X or 2004, go to Help > Send Feedback on Entourage. Otherwise, click...

Removing a crashed Exchange Server 2003 Object
Guys, Please how do I remove a crashed exchange server 2003 object from Systems Manager.I have 2 exchange servers on my systems manager, one of them has crashed and cant be recovered.However I need to remove all the objects of the crashed server from Active Directory and also the server object from Exchange Systems Manager. Thanks for your help. Regards, -- Buchi Hi, > Please how do I remove a crashed exchange server 2003 object from > Systems Manager.I have 2 exchange servers on my systems manager, one > of them has crashed and cant be recovered.However I need to remove >...

Want to convert a server to PC
I want to convert a dell poweredge 840 running win 2003 small business. I believe the way to do this is to reformat the drive. I want to put windows XP back on. Is the best way to this reformat is to reformat the drive and then load XP? Or use the XP CD an reformat when asked and due a new install? Anything at this time would be very helpful.... -- ironik ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ironik's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/172405.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1291555.htm ...

customer look up
Hello, I went to a customers site today and they had a recall on an item and they went to the item and they are trying to see what customers have purchased this item so that they can contact them. Can you please tell me how this can be done? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C91CCE.6B38B910 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="UTF-8"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Close RMS Manager Program if you are using it. Copy the attached report to 'Program Files/Microsoft Retail Management System/Store Op...

exchange server slow after GroupsShield DAT update
Hello We had a problem with several Exchange servers today - store.exe needs 100% of CPU We found the problem at the GroupShield side. DAT version 4367 no longer works with 4.1.60 and earlier Engines. GroupsShield update seems not to update scan engine (also known as super dat). The solution is to install the newest super dat file (http://www.nai.com/us/downloads/updates/default.asp). See also NAI knowledge base: NAI37117 Thomas I would like to thank you for posting this. It basically guaranteed food for my 8 kids for a few more months. God Bless You "Thomas Gusset" wrote: > H...

TechNet Article 883106
Is this article out yet? I think this has to do with the update to IMF. Is there going to be a technet article? I was informed that there wouldn't be one. (KB article # assigned to update is a placeholder.) "Sabo, Eric" <SaboEric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D291B83A-59CE-4BF0-890D-3F64EE918807@microsoft.com... > Is this article out yet? I think this has to do with the update to IMF. > Is there going to be a technet article? ...

Windows 7 Problem Looking for News Group Recommendation
Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news group re Windows 7 Home Premium. "JohnR" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message news:eJsb8nf7KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news group > re Windows 7 Home Premium. If you are looking for an MS newsgroup then you are out of luck. There's an "Alt" group - full of idiots morons trolls and twits, or there's the new MS web-based forums here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 ...

Why i keep on getting same message from mail server?
I'm using Microsoft Outlook, and have been getting message from server. However, i have been keep on getting same message whenever i re-start the p.c... is there any solulation on this matter? Hi Hide, your Outlook version is? Have a look on this sites: "Duplicate e-mail messages are downloaded from a POP3 e-mail server account in Outlook 2003" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885870/en-us "Why does my Outlook keep receiving duplicate messages?" http://www.comentum.com/outlook-issues.html Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Ex...

Looking up a partial filename
Hi all, I'm trying to set up a macro that grabs data from a secondar spreadsheet. Unfortunately this spreadsheet changes the last 2 digit of it's name each day. Is there a simple way to only search for, say, the first 4 letters of filename? The file is called, 'Perf Anaysis 49' or 'Perf Analysis 50' etc. Your help would be great Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Japper, You could loop through the worksheets collection comparing the n left-most characters against the known name part until you find a match. Will work as long as there are two...

Should Exchange server installed in the same domain controller server
Currently exchange server was installed the same File/printer server. But user access e-mail through Web Outlook Access is very slow when open/send e-mail message. Will this help improving the connection speed of openning/send message through out OWA if we installed the exchanger server in new server? Please help.... Thanks. It may. It depends on where the "slowness" is coming from. Generally, it's a good idea to put Exchange on a separate server if you can afford the hardware and licenses. It helps greatly if you separate Domain Controller function from Exchange function. R...

Digital Imaging Pro
I have Office 2003 Professional. Is Digital Imaging Pro included in Publisher 2003...or anwhere else in this suite? PBailey wrote: > I have Office 2003 Professional. Is Digital Imaging Pro included in > Publisher 2003...or anwhere else in this suite? Nope - DIP is an entirely separate application. No version of PI has *ever* been included in Office. Thanks for the quick response! Hi PBailey (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I have Office 2003 Professional. Is Digital Imaging Pro included in || Publisher 2003...or anwhere else in ...

Looking for reseller in long island, ny
I am not sure if i should be posting this here, but I have a colleague that may be interested in a single lane rms setup. I had offered to help set it up, but I neither have the time or experience to help support it. If there is anyone local (nassau county) that may be able to set up a reasonably priced solution and support it, please post your info. Thanks. We have a lot of customers in Long Island from Single stores to groups. Contact me Isaac Rosenblum Retail Realm 310 3rd Street Second Floor Lakewood, NJ 08701 Tel: 732-730-8239 Fax: 732-730-8312 Email: sales@retailrealm.us...

Order by ignored after upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to 2005
We have several Access 2003 projects (.adp) with data, queries, stored procedures etc. in SQL Server. After upgrading SQL Server from 2000 to 2005 all queries do no longer sort their results according to the "order by" clauses. Example: SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT dbo.t_PERSONEN.PersID, dbo.t_FIRMA.FIRMA_NAME_KURZ, dbo.t_PERSONEN.NACHNAME, dbo.t_FIRMA.FIRMA_ID FROM dbo.t_FIRMA INNER JOIN dbo.t_PERSONEN ON dbo.t_FIRMA.FIRMA_ID = dbo.t_PERSONEN.FIRMA_ID ORDER BY dbo.t_FIRMA.FIRMA_NAME_KURZ, dbo.t_PERSONEN.NACHNAME I also opened the projects and tried the queries in ...

Make form look the same as when opened
I have SubForm where I am moving controls using "Left" and "Visible" properties depending on the value of a control on the Main Form. I want to reset the form so all of the controls will have their default values, as they were when the SubForm was opened. Is there a way to do this? And if so, where would this code go? iamnu, You'll have to reverse your Left and Visible code in order to get your controls back to where you started... during that form session. If something about the value of a "control on the main form" caused you to move t...

Testing Technet Subscription postalias
MS staff please respond if my postalias appears to be setup for my subscription Thanks This is a Public News Group,...not a subscription based newsgroup. Sometimes there are prople from MS here,...but most of the time not. -- Phillip Windell The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft, or anyone else associated with me, including my cats. ----------------------------------------------------- <outriderx@news.postalias> wrote in message news:e520s4fmKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > MS staff please respond if my postali...

install new exchane server...
We are already having 1 domain controller (domain.com) in our premises which we are using for user logon, file servers, data storage, respository etc., Now we have planning to install another new Windows 2003 Server and Microsft Exhcange 2003 Server on the this new server. I would like to register new domain name (proven.com) for exchange server instead of using old(domain.com). Can anybody guide me about how to setup this environment? Shall I run Forestprep and Domainprep on new domain? Note1 :- I do not want to join & upgrade new server to our existing domain as we have planning to r...

Look at these corrective pack from the Microsoft
--yrbmpuiagjroohkvh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ksvjhtosvmsgrdvmc"; type="multipart/alternative" --ksvjhtosvmsgrdvmc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="aoerbjpxvap" --aoerbjpxvap Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from th...

Users have permission to look at other mailboxes
I can't find where to limit the access to user mailboxes. I thought I was the only one (Administrator) that had access to other mailboxes (Outlook Open other users mailbox) though I found out everyone does and I can't find the permission to change...Any thoughts? -- Striving to know more... Check permissions on the mailbox Store and trace it up each level if the permissions are inherited from a parent. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "TechMan" <TechMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

KB911280 breaks Exchange on 2K server (failure to mount public store)
Ever since the July 11 updates we've been trying to fix Exchange server running on a 2K server. Specifically the public store fails to mount ever since the update. (We don't use exchange for anything other than the public folders which are accessed by a bunch of 2K/Win-98 machines running outlook 2000 - we run an SMTP pop-server and MSMail on another machine). We rolled back the server's hard drive to a previous backup (about 1 year ago) and brought back the server to the point where we could mount the current public message store. We then began to apply the July-11 updates an...

IMAP Subscribing to folders
How does the subscription information work on IMAP folders? Is the information stored locally in the client or is it stored on the imap server? I ask because I have two instances of Outlook connecting to the same imap server. One change in the subscribed folders on one outlook, will eventually propogate to the second outlook client. Should this be happening? If so, Is it an outlook issue or is it a server issue? Thanks. its stored on the server with every IMAP acct I've ever used. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/begi...