TCP/IP printing

Hello, I have a networking question.  I have a print device with a
static IP address on one network.  A computer on another network can
connect to the printer (NBT is enabled and so is LPR) and the drivers
are installed but cannot print.  I know this is correct behavior but
want to know in detail why it seems to half work.  I am guessing it
has to do with port 138,139 and 515 but not positive.  Probably a
better question to ask a networking forum but hey.

Thanks
0
wuzzle

can you access the printer through the printer IP address?

--
ashvin

:D Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
0
ashvin
1/28/2010 2:57:02 AM
It depends. I have just similar configuration.
1. I have searched what ports are pertinent
    for my case.
2. I have created appropriate rules for ports
3. There should not be ports 137-139 in your
     settings
4. Very often the needed ports are 9100,
     3910, 161 but it depents on your system
     (My setting works for Hewlett-Packard
      laser printers series 4000 and 3015)

The simlest test by netstat -an will give you
required results. Better method is based on
Network Monitor.

Regards
Milos

0
Milos
1/28/2010 11:11:41 AM
On Jan 27, 6:57=A0pm, ashvin <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> can you access the printer through the printer IP address?
>
> --
> ashvin
>
> :D Just chill
> -pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
> fine tune and provide better support..-

No, when I try to add the printer through add printers (local printer
- create new port, type of port =3D Standard TCP/IP) it does not
connect. I enter both the IP address and port name of the printer.  I
expect this behavior but I am just trying to document the underlying
root cause.
0
wuzzle
1/28/2010 3:53:49 PM
On Jan 28, 3:11=A0am, "Milos Puchta" <puc...@fel.cvut.cz> wrote:
> It depends. I have just similar configuration.
> 1. I have searched what ports are pertinent
> =A0 =A0 for my case.
> 2. I have created appropriate rules for ports
> 3. There should not be ports 137-139 in your
> =A0 =A0 =A0settings
> 4. Very often the needed ports are 9100,
> =A0 =A0 =A03910, 161 but it depents on your system
> =A0 =A0 =A0(My setting works for Hewlett-Packard
> =A0 =A0 =A0 laser printers series 4000 and 3015)
>
> The simlest test by netstat -an will give you
> required results. Better method is based on
> Network Monitor.
>
> Regards
> Milos

Port 137-139 allow NBT access for file sharing which I have setup as
well.  I too have HP laser printer series 4100.  When you say similiar
configuration can you describe it in more detail?  Thanks
0
wuzzle

Printing recurring appointments on Calendar Printing Assistant
I wanted to "overlay" my calendars from Outlook into one calendar and print it out using Calendar Printing Assistant (CPA). But, the CPA does not print the recurring appointments from my calendars. Does anyone know how to print the recurring appointments on CPA? Does CPA even have this feature? Thank you! The issue might be fixed by having all the latest free Microsoft updates for your version of Outlook... see: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx If this doesnt fix the issue, then consider using Wincalendar instead of CPA. It converts your Outlook...

printing #9
I would like to print two different pages in only one. Is it possible? Thanks. Al. Not easily. Would be easier to get them printed at a reduced scale and copied on a single sheet. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ag" <pag64@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:cguv8b$1br$1@news-reader3.wanadoo.fr... >I would like to print two different pages in only one. > Is it possible? > Thanks. > Al. > > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.745 / Virus Database: 497 - Release D...

Printing reconciliation
Is there a way to print a reconciliation report wich shows outstanding checks and deposits in transit, etc? Thanks, Craig In microsoft.public.money, Craig wrote: >Is there a way to print a reconciliation report wich shows outstanding >checks and deposits in transit, etc? > You can customize a report similar to the way described in how to make a report like bank statement/reconciliation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 You would customize to show transactions that had not been cleared. Check the other tabs for more things you can customize. Then...

Textbox printing all black on Ricoh printer
I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version. I use a RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous version of publisher. Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to. If I remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh. I also get the same effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer. This Ricoh printer is the one that I have to use for publisher an...

How to print list of messages?
In Outlook 2000, I have put messages on a particular topic in their own folder. I now want to print, not the messages themselves, but the list which appears in the box above the preview pane. How can I do that? If there is a way of doing it, will that also work in Outlook 2003? Hello Brian, Click File | Print while viewing that folder and on the left side of the print dialog make sure "Table View" is selected instead of Memo. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > In Out...

Named Piped and TCP/IP Protocols
Why are the SQL Server Client Network Utility Named Piped and TCP/IP Protocols supposed to be enabled? I need to know specifically and not generally speaking. I cannot find any supporting KB articles providing this information only on how to setup a ODBC connection which we are already versed on. Thank you! Kerri Kerri, In the installation manual for GP (page 13 for GP 10.0) the recommendation is to limit your network to one protocol. Since TCP/IP is required for GP, that's typically all you need. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://...

MODI printing and combining files
I am working on a large project. I need to be able to run a program that prints every file in a specific folder to TIF's using MODI, then all documents just printed as TIF's need to be consolidated into one single TIF file. Is this possible? If so, can someone please give me a clue on where to start and/or provide me with some sample code on how to leverage MODI? Thanks! ...

Delivering mail to wrong ip, despite correct mx
Mailing to *@1 specific domain, results in #5.3.5 SMTP; 553 5.3.5 system config error in a NDR. Headers of NDR reveil that mail is being delivered at the www-server of that domain, while the mx points elsewhere. Tried solutions here: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Email_Groupware/Exchange_Server/Q_21088994.html -> Same result. Exchange-server on KPN-SDSL van KPN. Afaik uses ns1 en 2.kpn.net to resolve. When I do an nslookup of that mx from our SBS-server, it shows the right servername and ip. Still it tries to deliver to the wrong ip and servername. I did a flushdns on the ...

Question about printing
For some reason my printer prints three copies of everything in a specific Excel spreadsheet. I reduce the number in the print screen to one, but if I close and reopen the file it returns to three. How can I set up one copy as the default? OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too. But for future reference this is an Access Forum. Anyway, Go To Start | Printers and Faxes. Right click the printer that you are using go to Properties. In the General Tab Click on Printing Preferences. Then click on Advanced. There's an option that says Copy Count. Make sure that&#...

Print preview w/o doc/view architecture
Hi all, I have a project where the main interface is a dialog of property pages. I want to be able to produce a print preview from a button click where the preview contains printed output that is not on the dialog. More specifically, I have a chart on the page but the data that produces the chart is not on the page. The printout contains the chart and the data. I can print the reports just fine but I am having trouble getting the print preview to work. I have tried to implement the PrinterJob class as described by Kah Hoe on CodeProject but it does not work correctly. The example proj...

TCP connections from a listening port
Hi, I would like to know the active TCP connections established from a listening port. How can I get that? I got the active TCP connectionss using IPGlobalProperties.GetActiveTcpConnections. I got the active TCP listeners using IPGlobalProperties.GetActiveTcpListeners But I cannot link the two items Thanks! ...

how do i get rid of all the boxes when i print the flyer
All what boxes? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5885EFAF-0F11-4C1C-8D20-2DCEBCF89013@microsoft.com... > Are you asking about the pre-designed templates? Select the object, click the ungroup icon, when the objects are ungrouped you can delete them one by one. If by chance something is on the Master Page (Ctrl+m) you will have to go to the Master Page and delete the objects. If the flyer is a Paper Direct special paper templat...

One IP-address
Our exchange 2003-server hosts two domains A.com and B.com. So, the mx-record for BOTH domains point to the same host (mailhost.A.com) and resolves the corresponding IP-addres. The PTR-record for this IP-address obviously points back to the host mailhost.A.com. All seems to work fine for both domains for the moment, but will this not present a problem in the future for mail from the B.com domain when more and more receiving hosts do reverse lookup ? Or is reverse lookup just verifying the FQDN in the mail-header, and not the senders domain ? Regards Rudy Steyaert It is verifying the F...

printing in YELLOW??? Yikes!
Ok who invented this #@#$% program? I want names and addresses. Mercy me! This is 2003 excel and the spreadsheet is supposed to sho the debit's in red. Or that's what I thought. It shows the red on th screen but prints up in yellow. Tried changing it but to no avail. Also I want it printed up without the outside dark outline but *with the inside grid lines. Is that possible? Could someone please help thi new user? Thank you. :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sounds like the colour cartridge on your printer needs replacing Regards Trevor "lil'b...

IP Address
I am using privat IP address on my network and I am about to run out. I would like to change to a class A address range but I am not sure how it will affect my Exchange 2000 server. The task seems easy enough, I just cannot find any information on it will do to Exchange. "jbushon" <jbushon@childrensctr.net> wrote: >I am using privat IP address on my network and I am about to run out. I would like to change to a class A address range but I am not sure how it will affect my Exchange 2000 server. The task seems easy enough, I just cannot find any information on it will do to ...

How can TCP host get the IP of TCP client?
i make a TCP host program. It can work well. some of my program is as follows void CListen::OnAccept(int nErrorCode) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class CSevenSimuView* pLView; CListView4* pRViewK; CMainFrame* pMainFrame; SOCKADDR SockAddr; int lpSockAddrLen; pMainFrame = (CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd(); CClient *pSocket=new CClient(); pMainFrame->m_pListening->Accept(*pSocket, (SOCKADDR*)&SockAddr, &lpSockAddrLen); pRViewK->ShowInfo("TCP connected"); CSocket::OnAccept(nErrorCode); } my qu...

Change machine name/IP address
Quick question: I need to change the machine name programmatically. I wasn't able to spot the API call quickly, and hoped that someone might have the answer. Why? We're ghosting 20-30 machines at once from the same master, and need to run a program that will (a) Set the machine name (it will prompt, and the names are of the form XXXXnnnn where nnnn is a 4-digit number) (b) Set the IP address to 10.0.nn.nn (we have no DHCP server) (c) Enable the C drive to be shared by everyone (I think I can figure this out, but if someone has a code snippet it will save me some time) The point her...

Relocating storage to a Stdby server or IP replication for DR
Hi. I really hope I can find someone who can help me or give me a clue on how to perform this I'm trying to setup an environment to test Exchange replication using 3rd party. The scope of the test is to provide a stdby Exchange server offsite without relying on backup/restore. I've setup the following environment in VMware W2003B (AD + DNS) W2003C (E2K3+SP1. IS and logs have been relocated and stored on E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA) Source W2003D (Nothing installed. Hasn't joined the domain). This is a clone of W2003C before Exchange was installed and before it joined the domain but a...

URGENT
Hi All, I have a table created in excel 2000. Even though it fits in the page (indicated by segmented lines below and to the right of the table) it is printed out truncated. Several rows in the bottom are not printed. It contains the footer. Why? Thank you, Rola One of the possibilities is that your printer is set to print foolscap paper but you have a4 paper in the tray. regards Bill K "Rola" <rlabanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u4HkRJqSDHA.1588@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have a table created in excel 2000. Even though it fits in the page &g...

Multiple SMTP Virtual Servers on a single public IP
I am trying to run two seperate SMTP Virtual servers to block relay attempts and secure my clients email with encryption. VS1 allows anonymous access, but is running a smart host so other mail servers can deliver email to my exchange users only. This runs on the standard port 25. VS2 allows authenticated access only, ontop of that it forces the client to use SSL for encryption so my exchange users can send mail to other domains after authenticated without worry. At this time, this runs on non-standard port 465. It is my understanding that Outlook 2003 will not support SSL traffic on any ot...

Printing without white borders
I am trying to print from Power Point. Slide has a Blue backround. When ever I print it on a white page, preview/print shows a white boarder. I have tried selecting scale to fit paper, it reduces that white boarder but still there. How can I print whole page with Blue backround? Thanks its a printer issue, not a powerpoint issue. You need a printer capable of bleed 4 sides, or print on larger paper and trim! Randy Munish wrote: > I am trying to print from Power Point. Slide has a Blue backround. When ever > I print it on a white page, preview/print shows a white board...

Save print settings
How do I save print settings in an excel file. I have created a form for co-workers to use and want it to automatically print to a particular printer and to print two-sided. Unfortunately I can't count on most of them to know how to do that, so I would like the file to have those print settings saved. -- Julie Print settings are generally saved with the workbook. Are you sure this is not occuring? Perhaps you could create a Custom View which includes your specific print settings? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:55:01 -0700, Julie <Julie@discu...

Unable to print document.
Hi, I have a user that is trying to print this word document. She is able to print the document if she decides to print the whole document. However, when she only some pages. I.E. 2-9. She is unable to do so. MS word however shows no error. There are no print outs either. I tested it with another document and was able to do the above. Is there any settings that could be changed to enable her to print the range of pages she wanted? -- X See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826218 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <&...

TCP, CAsyncSocket
I am using CAsyncSocket with SOCK_STREAM option (using TCP). I noticed that in most cases the messages I received from the other end were ok, but sometimes two messages were appended together, and sometimes a message was chopped into two separate messages. Is that a problem of using CAsyncSocket? Anyway I can fix it? Do I get the same problem if I don't use CAsyncSocket? Any suggestions? Thanks! dev wrote: > I am using CAsyncSocket with SOCK_STREAM option (using > TCP). I noticed that in most cases the messages I received > from the other end were ok, but sometimes t...

printing an image in a report from a hyperlink
I would like to know if there is a way to print an image from a hyperlink in a report? I know you can add the photo directly to the table and have it show up on the report, but I would like to have the option of just showing the hyperlink or actually print out the image(photo) when it comes time to print a hard copy of the report. I would like to do this without having to follow the link back to the photo, as I may have a number of photos to print out at any given time. (under 100 photos) I am using Access 2000' ...