TCP/IP printing

Hello, I have a networking question.  I have a print device with a
static IP address on one network.  A computer on another network can
connect to the printer (NBT is enabled and so is LPR) and the drivers
are installed but cannot print.  I know this is correct behavior but
want to know in detail why it seems to half work.  I am guessing it
has to do with port 138,139 and 515 but not positive.  Probably a
better question to ask a networking forum but hey.

Thanks
0
wuzzle

can you access the printer through the printer IP address?

--
ashvin

:D Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
fine tune and provide better support..-
0
ashvin
1/28/2010 2:57:02 AM
It depends. I have just similar configuration.
1. I have searched what ports are pertinent
    for my case.
2. I have created appropriate rules for ports
3. There should not be ports 137-139 in your
     settings
4. Very often the needed ports are 9100,
     3910, 161 but it depents on your system
     (My setting works for Hewlett-Packard
      laser printers series 4000 and 3015)

The simlest test by netstat -an will give you
required results. Better method is based on
Network Monitor.

Regards
Milos

0
Milos
1/28/2010 11:11:41 AM
On Jan 27, 6:57=A0pm, ashvin <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> can you access the printer through the printer IP address?
>
> --
> ashvin
>
> :D Just chill
> -pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to
> fine tune and provide better support..-

No, when I try to add the printer through add printers (local printer
- create new port, type of port =3D Standard TCP/IP) it does not
connect. I enter both the IP address and port name of the printer.  I
expect this behavior but I am just trying to document the underlying
root cause.
0
wuzzle
1/28/2010 3:53:49 PM
On Jan 28, 3:11=A0am, "Milos Puchta" <puc...@fel.cvut.cz> wrote:
> It depends. I have just similar configuration.
> 1. I have searched what ports are pertinent
> =A0 =A0 for my case.
> 2. I have created appropriate rules for ports
> 3. There should not be ports 137-139 in your
> =A0 =A0 =A0settings
> 4. Very often the needed ports are 9100,
> =A0 =A0 =A03910, 161 but it depents on your system
> =A0 =A0 =A0(My setting works for Hewlett-Packard
> =A0 =A0 =A0 laser printers series 4000 and 3015)
>
> The simlest test by netstat -an will give you
> required results. Better method is based on
> Network Monitor.
>
> Regards
> Milos

Port 137-139 allow NBT access for file sharing which I have setup as
well.  I too have HP laser printer series 4100.  When you say similiar
configuration can you describe it in more detail?  Thanks
0
wuzzle

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

Print report when data changes
I have a form with a subform. If the data in the subform changes, I want to print a report when the form is closed. If there is no change in data in the subform, I don't want the report to print. How can I accomplish this? Ivor You could have a command button on the main form that runs the report. On open, set enabled to false. then in the subform, If Me.Dirty Then Me.Parent!YourCommandbutton.Enabled = True End If HTH Damon "Ivor Williams" <ivor@caresystems.ca> wrote in message news:T2l2i.186685$aG1.74020@pd7urf3no... >I have a form with a subform. If the da...

Print Range Doesn't Display
I have a multi worksheet file which Vie used without incident for five years. Today, I inserted a page break and also selected a print area. I found that, although the area and page break shows correctly in Print Preview, neither the page break nor the print area outline box appear on the worksheet. The tools | Options | General shows "Display All".. Even more curious, if I do the same on one of the other worksheets in the file, the area displays correctly. -- PT >>The tools | Options | General shows "Display All".. But more on point, is Tools, Options...

Printing header in EXCEL2007
I have a large EXCEL sheet that will print in many pages. At the top of the entire worksheet I have a line that says " Address Names phone number " How do I get EXCEL 2007 to reprint this heading on each page it prints Thanks "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42130835-8240-4DAB-B7DC-73C824DAAD50@microsoft.com... >I have a large EXCEL sheet that will print in many pages. At the top of the > entire worksheet I have a line that says " Address Names phone > number " > How do I get EXCEL 2007 to reprint this...

changing default view on print preview of report
How do you change the default zoom level when you click on print preview button for a report? 100% does not give me enough detail, and when I click on the magnifying glass icon, it only takes me up to about %125. I would like it to show me the report at 200% by default. Also, is there a way to zoom in on the report design view? I am trying to micro adjust a report that needs to use pretty small font (like 6 points) and it's a real pain. Thanks, --b Hi If you are going to be using the zoom for a while you could just alter the screen resolution to show more. Or With report in previe...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

Printing Option Buttons
I am using options buttons inserted from the Control Toolbar (Excel 2003). They function correctly and appear fine in the worksheet. When printed, the button graphic always is displayed in a black square. I have tried changing the backstyle and backcolor properties to no avail. What am I missing? -- terri If you don't want the button printed, in Properties uncheck "Orint Object" If you do want it printed, fiddle about with printer settings for color and black and white. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:22:03 -0800, terri <terri@disc...

Print Titles
Hi, I need some help please. I have a sheet with lists of peoples names and other specific data. I'm able to sort these and sub-total them into groups of the same name and print these on separate pages. I've set up a header so it prints at the top of every page through "print titles". This is fine and I'm happy with this. What I'm trying to do is to have the name of the person in the "header" that appears at the top every page. But how? Many thanks MM Are all these groups on the same worksheet? If so, you are allowed only one &qu...

Printing 1/2 page postcards
I am trying to print two similarly designed postcards on one page but with different addresses. I am using MS Publisher 2003. Is there any way to do this? thank you Select custom in page setup, type 5.5 in the height box, Publisher will print two per sheet. This is the setup you will use for mail merge and two cards per sheet. If each card is an individual piece, you will have to setup a custom size in your printer. You can use a mail merge or print one card at a time, manually changing the data each time. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

printed P.O.s have several blank lines
Why do my printed/exported purchase orders have several blank lines between the items and the subtotal? Is there a way to get rid of them? PLEASE Cc me your anser directly. Thanks! -- ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes, Parts, Repairs & GREAT Customer Service! 124 State Avenue NE Olympia, WA 98501 P: 360-753-7525 F: 360-528-7526 info@olybikes.com www.olybikes.com Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials! ...

Z report not printing
All other receipts are printing and I can print a X report but cannot print a Z report. Have I missed something? Thanks guys. ...

Book fold won't makes print small to print 4 pages on 1.
I am using 8.5 x 14 paper. I would like to know how to get the print standard size to fill an 8.5 x 7 page. Using book fold and landscape and enlarging paper size will not change size of print. I have checked everything in page setup. Please help! >-----Original Message----- >I am using 8.5 x 14 paper. I would like to know how to get the print >standard size to fill an 8.5 x 7 page. Using book fold and landscape and >enlarging paper size will not change size of print. I have checked >everything in page setup. Please help! >. > Select the text in question an...

Booklet Printing in Publisher
I am trying to print a 12 page booklet in publisher on a printer that is set-up on signle side printing only? How do I accompish this? View, clear two-page spread. Starting with page one, in the print dialog tick print current page, click "no".(This will print 1 and 12) Turn the printed page over, go to page 2, print current page, click "no". (page 2 and 11) And so on... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "debbiev" <debbiev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F3294C0-812...

Printing all of the gridlines
How can I print a spreadsheet with the grid lines appearing where there is no test. For instance, if there were only a few colums used, how can I print so that the grid lines are on the rest of the page? I went into the page setup and checked the box that says gridlines. I also went in and checked the box that said whole workbook. Any suggestions? Thank you... Griz, I don't know of an option to print gridlines beyond the used range of a worksheet. You could put in borders, either with the border button on the Formatting Toolbar, or (better) with Format - Cells - Borders. Mak...

E-mail Print Orientation
I can only print e-mails in memo (landscape) format in Outlook 2007. Is there a way to change this to table (portrait) as a default? I have checked my printer settings and the default is portrait. "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B9719F2-784D-4D6A-B89E-71DE3F49B983@microsoft.com... >I can only print e-mails in memo (landscape) format in Outlook 2007. Is > there a way to change this to table (portrait) as a default? I have checked > my printer settings and the default is portrait. Memo is not the equivalent of landscape ...

Another Printing Question
Hi Everyone, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this printing thing. What I am doing is creating a report that displays text, graphs (using a third party graph control), list of items and expandable list control / tree control hybrids. The problem I am facing is number of pages. I can't find a clean way to find the places where I would need to start a new page. Since what I am printing is not uniform data, I can't simply find the number of lines of text , multiply it by the line height, and divide by page height to find the number of pages. (a graph has no lines of text, a...

Printing a selected part of worksheet
I know it's possible to highlight a portion of a worksheet and print just that part. That works fine, but I have a super big spreadsheet that has to be broken into several pieces before I can print it. I'd like to make the process more efficient by assigning names to various portions of the spreadsheet. Then, when I would want to print, I could simply tell Excel to print those predesignated portions. But how do I do that? Any help is much appreciated. Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MB wrote: > I ...

Printing issue for Publisher Newsletter
I am trying to print a newsletter. When I view the printer setup it says that the newsletter is larger than the paper. When I click on print preview it has inserted extra blank pages. When I print, it inserts 4 blank pages in between each page I am trying to print. I am new to Publisher, so I am not sure how to fix this. HELP!!!! Are you using a Publisher template? Have you inserted a page? Is the newsletter letter size or tabloid (11 x 17)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECBA1353-7B7A-461C-A6...

Printing Structures
Does Anyone Have A Solution For Printing The Structure Of A Table To The Printer Or Even Text File...dbase used to just let you list structure to print... On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 07:41:01 -0700, dmills <dmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Check out Database Documenter in the menu. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Does Anyone Have A Solution For Printing The Structure Of A Table To The >Printer Or Even Text File...dbase used to just let you list structure to >print... ...

printing a metafile file
Does someone know a link to somemore inforamtion on printing a metafile for print preview and a printer? -- Just Al I did some work with emf files some years ago. Are you talking about bring in a .wmf or ..emf file and then displaying/printing it? As far as I know, you just have to play the metafile in the OnDraw handler to make it work (assuming OnPrepareDC for the printer has done the right scaling). I probably have some old code I could send you, for whatever good it might be. joe On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:17:00 -0800, Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does someon...

Half of flowchart printing at top of page
I just recently got Visio. I created a flowchart. I've printed it in the past and it printed fine. Now each time I try and print it, no matter what I set the print setup, it always prints the bottom half of the flowchart at the top of the page. Can anyone help? P.S. I'm not really proficient at computers so please give detailed instructions. Thanks so much!!! That is a symptom of a printing problem in Visio 2003. If you install the latest service packs, that should correct the problem. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided &q...

printing to XPS and saving XPS "as"
Hi - I have a "save as" macro that I would like to incorporate with my "print to XPS" macro. Can anybody help? I have this code: '' Save to XPS '''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Application.ActivePrinter = "Microsoft XPS Document Writer on Ne01:" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1 Sheets("Credit History").PrintOut Copies:=1 Application.ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet P1505n on Ne02:" '''''''...

Printing in Publisher 2003
I just upgraded to Publisher 2003 and have opened a document that was created in an earlier version of Publisher - 97 or 98. The document looks fine both on the screen and under print preview, however, when the document prints the text in a text box down the left hand side of the page is printing incorrectly. Almost all of the first letter of each line down the left hand side is move across to the other side of the text box somewhere on the same line. I can't seem to get this to correct itself. I have tried creating new text boxes and coping the text across but still the sa...

Printing Labels from Marketing List
It is possible to create Mail Merge documents for the members of a Marketing List through Quick Campaign or Main Campaign. But how about creating labels for all the members in the Marketing List? It seems that labels can be created only from the main contact list and not from the Marketing list. Any pointer?? Don an Advanced find to look for all contacts (or account depending on the marketing list) who are on a particular marketing list. From the find results do a mail-merge to labels. HTH Roger "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166056772.911550.14100@8...

Print all records on Form
I am having a problem. I created a main form that filters many different options and then opens another form. From there the user can double click any record to get more detail, but I would like to also give them the option to print only the records on the form as well in a report. But everytime I click the button to print the report all the records from the query print. Not just my filtered records. Can anyone help me? Thanks! You can apply the form's filter to the report by putting code like this in the Click event procedure of a command button on your form: Dim strW...