Server 2008 start program on connection

Server 2008 R2 64 bit.

I want to open Outlook automatically when RDP clients connect.  I have
checked "Allow any program to run on clients startup" (?) in
remoteprograms.msc on the server and check the "Start the following program
on connection:" and listed Outlook in the Program path.

Outlook does start, however the Start menu is not available and closing
Outlook closes the RDP session.

How can I get Outlook to start on connection and still allow the client to
open other programs?

Rick

0
Rick

Undo everything you did and put it back to normal

Add a Shortcut to Outlook in the "Startup" folder of the Start Menu in that
particular user's profile.

You'll eventually regret this.  The first time you start having Outlook
startup problems and have no way to keep Outlook from starting up before you
have a chance to fix it.   As a rule nothing should ever start up
automatically that is not supposed to already work that way.   There is
really no reason for a user to be so lazy that they won't start Outlook
themselves manually after they log in.

--
Phillip Windell

"Rick" <Rick@LakeValleySeed.com> wrote in message
> Server 2008 R2 64 bit.
>
> I want to open Outlook automatically when RDP clients connect.  I have
> checked "Allow any program to run on clients startup" (?) in
> remoteprograms.msc on the server and check the "Start the following
> program on connection:" and listed Outlook in the Program path.
>
> Outlook does start, however the Start menu is not available and closing
> Outlook closes the RDP session.
>
> How can I get Outlook to start on connection and still allow the client to
> open other programs?
>
> Rick

0
Phillip

NO DEFAULT SMTP SERVER..
Hello, I had a problem with exadmin.dll, unregistered it, copied new one and registered it and now the default smtp server is gone under SMTP in my systems manager but everything still works.... HELP where is it ? and how can i get it back ? tnnx. Philippe ...

Export to Excel from MFC program
Hi all, I have an Excel import function working for an MFC application but now wish to get an export-to-Excel function working as well. My code is posted below. After creating a blank spreadsheet, and running the function, I get error message "database engine could not find the object InputSet", from the CRecordSet "Open()" function. "InputSet" is the name of the database defined when the project was started, and resides in GetDefaultSQL(). Any ideas ? Gerry ================================================== void CGPI5Doc::OnNamesExport() { // TODO: Add you...

Upgrading from server 2000 to server 2008R2?
We would like to upgrade our servers to Windows server 2008 R2. Currently we have two Windows 2000 (SP 4) domain controllers, we want to replace the Forest Root Domain box with new hardware & upgrade the other DC to server 2008 R2. I understand it's not possible to upgrade from 2000 straight to 2008 but is server 2003 still available to ugrade to in between? I'm also not sure of what the implications of retiring the Forest Root Domain box would be? Would the best plan be to add the new 2008 server (domain function & forest function level: 2000); upgrade the se...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

MS Project Server Admin // Denver, CO
MS Project Server Admin Location: Denver, CO Duration: 6 months Pay Rate: DOE =95 MSProject Server ver 2010, SQL database and Sharepoint 2010 =95 Ongoing support and maintenance involving activities such as =96 Monitoring logs, Patches, resolving support tickets, Dev/Test/Prod support =95 Routine troubleshooting =95 Technical APS maintenance (Project Server & SharePoint 2010) =95 User administration / Password resets etc. =95 Work with Microsoft for any critical issues that might need intervention from Microsoft =95 Application of Patches & migration to Production =95 SQL services mo...

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

"On Slow Connections Download Only Headers" Doesn't works
Server: Win2003 + Exchange2003 + RAS (VPN Acces) Client: WinXP SP2 + Outlook2003 Usually when I connect to the LAN status bar shows "Connected". When I use GPRS or Dial-up + VPN and I have checked in Outlook "On Slow Connections Download Only Headers" than the connection status been rightly detected slow connections speed (less than 128Kbs) and shows "Connected (Headers)". It is one month ago when this function last works. Now I must select manually "Download Headers". I don't really know what was happened with this function. I have installed ...

Tracking down crashing during program quitting
I have recently added a significant subsystem to a commercial program we are working on. I find that after running one particular operation (lengthy, complex, and hard to debug), if I quit the program, there is always a crash on the way down. The crash always occurs in the destructor for CArray, which leads me to believe that one of my CArrays is not being handled right in some destructor somehwere. The trick is finding out which. Are there any techniques, or even 3rd party libraries that can be used to help track down problems like this? I've spent the last 7 years writing Java, and ...

Removed server, exchange still looking for it?
Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it. Why is it doing that? I had the same problem after a 5.5 to 2000 migration. Rebooting the Exchange server that was trying to connect resolved the problem. MTA must keep the information cached. Tim "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C431500C-F78D-47E5-AAC5-B8C611592E97@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and > now > am getting event 9318, saying MTA can...

Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment
I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users. The existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers. Is it possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing CRM for such a low User count? ...

windows 2008 server cord and windows 2008 std
we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose. still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone advise what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install std edition ? DD, There is: Server Standard Server Standard Core Server Enterprise Server Enterprise Core Core is (not quite correctly called) 'Server without Graphical User Interface (GUI)'. There are several reasons why Core was introduced: - *Nix purists were saying that there's no real need/use for GUI on a server and *real* sysadmins ar...

Outlook won't leave messages on the server
I have tried and tried to keep Outlook 2003 from deleting my email off my server. I have found the check box under advanced send\receive setting in "options" and I have tried variations of the 3 check boxes in this window and they work until I close Outlook and reopen it, then all of my settings return to the default of deleting my email off the server. Wasn't MS suppose to stop doing things like this? Any help in steering me to the answer (which i am sure is here) to this question is appreciated. Regards Paul A. Walters Hi, Goto Tools --> Email Accounts --> V...

Project Server Provisioned
Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted zone, but it still comes up unresolved. Hello, You mean PWA home page is not loading or issue with connecting from MS Project Professional? Also mention the version of Project Server. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcentral.com On Apr 16, 11:04=A0am, me <mtyso...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted > zone, but it still comes up unresolved. On Apr 16, 12:20=A0pm, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com>...

OT: SVN server
Hi, Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. > > I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. > Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? > (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). > > Thanks > > Simon ...

Windows Server 2008 RC2 in Windows Server 2003 Domain
I'm having trouble with one domain controller that has all of the FSMO roles (I have 6 Domain controllers in total running server 2003) I updated my schema to version 47 (Windows server 2008 RC2) and would like to add a new physical server with W2K8 R2 on it and transfer all of the FSMO roles on it. I don't want to upgrade all DC's yet to 2008 R2 yet, so the domain functional level will stay the same for a while (Windows Server 2003). Is there anything I should watch out for with this scenario? Or by just adding a W2k8 R2 box with all the FSMO roles and then decomm...

Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?
Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on Exchange to figure if its capable. Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use companynamecrm.com or something. Would I still want to setu...

pop3 server response
When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3 server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would like to wait longer for the server to respond. but sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated. J.H. Try removing and reinstalling your mail account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...

Need "Jump Start" example of Using ForumService
I'm adding a web reference http://services.social.microsoft.com/ForumsServicePreview/ForumsService.svc and the IDE proceeds to create a reference.cs file with the interface. I need to a small example of how to use this. I already installed the Live ID SDK and was able to get that to run, i.e. login and logout. I need to basically see how to use at least one of the service functions and from there I am good to go. For example, in my test program, I have a button to login and logout and I am able to to authenticate with the LiveID IdentityManager and Identify class int...

web server and exchange server on 2 different servers.
Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate license? What version of Exchange? If E2k/2003, you have to use FE/BE....and for E2k, the FE server has to be Enterprise. Gonzosez wrote: > Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail > server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? > > If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate > license? You can install OWA on the w...

Importing XML data into SQL Server 2005
Hi, We have an app in .NET with sql server 2005 backend and would need to import relatively huge amount of data from disparate providers on a nightly basis. What is the file format that is preferred and please help me understand why we need to go with a specific format? Is it XML, CSV, or anything else? We have been leaning towards using XML If it is XML, how can we a template for the XML file (is it the XSD schema file?) and pass it to the providers so that we can get formatted data without much discrepancies? Thanks in advance! ...

MultiFunctional Printers and Server 2008
Hello is there are a way without using TS Server to use a printer that is off location? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance Yes, there are many ways. You can use print server device, like HP JetDirect. You can attach printer to any networked computer. "The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message ...

If NIC teaming good or bad for Exch2003 server?
Hi there, For exchange2003 server running on branded server hardware such as HP, if network card teaming (of 2 nics) a good option for exchange2003 or not? How do you guys doing? Just using 1 nic or what? Many thanks! Leemutpo - The good thing about HP is that it will present one virtual NIC to the OS. Generally, unless my client has good network hardware with relatively current IOS levels and good network and server support teams, I will try to steer them clear of NIC teaming. Granted, it is good for redundancy. However, it does have the occasional problem, depe...

auto copy of emails to server folders
Hello, It would be highly useful if every time an email associated with a certain client arrives, a copy of the email automatically is saved in the client's folder on the server. I find it quite cumbersome to choose the "File, Save as" function, then locate the client folder on the server, then choose "save as .msg" everytime an email arrives. This raises the issue of how to automatically associate the email with a particular client. Simply identifying a certain email address wouldn't be very useful, because, for example, some email addresses are associated with m...