Security Audit failure - logging on to Guest account

I have been tracking down a security audit logon failure, and I found it
- here is what is going on. In Windows Server 2008 R2,

If I open Devices and Printers, right click on any of the Printers,
click Printer Properties, then click the Sharing tab, I get 2 logon
audit failures - one by explorer.exe trying to logon as Guest, and one
by printui.exe trying to logon as Guest. Guest account is disabled which
is why the audit failure occurs.

Also, if I bring up Windows Explorer and click around in folders, I will
get a logon security audit failure as well on the Guest account.

Why is this happening, why does Devices and printers and Windows
Explorer try to logon as Guest? BTW, this happens even if I am logged in
as a Domain Admin.

(BTW - system is AV/spyware free, I run HijackThis, spybot, and at least
one other).
0
Dominick

As a follow up, I have another Win2K8 R2 box that acts as DC, and it
does not use Guest to logon, so it gets no audit failures or audit
successes for logging on. I can't see what's different between the boxes
w.r.t. network settings, etc. All seems the same!

So why does this one box insist on logging in as Guest for Windows
Explorer and Devices and Printers/Sharing?

Thanks!

On 4/20/2010 8:40 AM, Dominick wrote:
> I have been tracking down a security audit logon failure, and I found it
> - here is what is going on. In Windows Server 2008 R2,
>
> If I open Devices and Printers, right click on any of the Printers,
> click Printer Properties, then click the Sharing tab, I get 2 logon
> audit failures - one by explorer.exe trying to logon as Guest, and one
> by printui.exe trying to logon as Guest. Guest account is disabled which
> is why the audit failure occurs.
>
> Also, if I bring up Windows Explorer and click around in folders, I will
> get a logon security audit failure as well on the Guest account.
>
> Why is this happening, why does Devices and printers and Windows
> Explorer try to logon as Guest? BTW, this happens even if I am logged in
> as a Domain Admin.
>
> (BTW - system is AV/spyware free, I run HijackThis, spybot, and at least
> one other).
0
Dominick
4/20/2010 12:59:49 PM
Does anyone have any ideas, can anyone help?

Thanks!

On 4/20/2010 8:59 AM, Dominick wrote:
> As a follow up, I have another Win2K8 R2 box that acts as DC, and it
> does not use Guest to logon, so it gets no audit failures or audit
> successes for logging on. I can't see what's different between the boxes
> w.r.t. network settings, etc. All seems the same!
>
> So why does this one box insist on logging in as Guest for Windows
> Explorer and Devices and Printers/Sharing?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On 4/20/2010 8:40 AM, Dominick wrote:
>> I have been tracking down a security audit logon failure, and I found it
>> - here is what is going on. In Windows Server 2008 R2,
>>
>> If I open Devices and Printers, right click on any of the Printers,
>> click Printer Properties, then click the Sharing tab, I get 2 logon
>> audit failures - one by explorer.exe trying to logon as Guest, and one
>> by printui.exe trying to logon as Guest. Guest account is disabled which
>> is why the audit failure occurs.
>>
>> Also, if I bring up Windows Explorer and click around in folders, I will
>> get a logon security audit failure as well on the Guest account.
>>
>> Why is this happening, why does Devices and printers and Windows
>> Explorer try to logon as Guest? BTW, this happens even if I am logged in
>> as a Domain Admin.
>>
>> (BTW - system is AV/spyware free, I run HijackThis, spybot, and at least
>> one other).
0
Dominick
4/20/2010 9:44:03 PM
Doesn't anyone have an idea on this? Surely someone knows something
about why Explorer is logging in as Guest?

On 4/20/2010 5:44 PM, Dominick wrote:
> Does anyone have any ideas, can anyone help?
>
> Thanks!
>
> On 4/20/2010 8:59 AM, Dominick wrote:
>> As a follow up, I have another Win2K8 R2 box that acts as DC, and it
>> does not use Guest to logon, so it gets no audit failures or audit
>> successes for logging on. I can't see what's different between the boxes
>> w.r.t. network settings, etc. All seems the same!
>>
>> So why does this one box insist on logging in as Guest for Windows
>> Explorer and Devices and Printers/Sharing?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> On 4/20/2010 8:40 AM, Dominick wrote:
>>> I have been tracking down a security audit logon failure, and I found it
>>> - here is what is going on. In Windows Server 2008 R2,
>>>
>>> If I open Devices and Printers, right click on any of the Printers,
>>> click Printer Properties, then click the Sharing tab, I get 2 logon
>>> audit failures - one by explorer.exe trying to logon as Guest, and one
>>> by printui.exe trying to logon as Guest. Guest account is disabled which
>>> is why the audit failure occurs.
>>>
>>> Also, if I bring up Windows Explorer and click around in folders, I will
>>> get a logon security audit failure as well on the Guest account.
>>>
>>> Why is this happening, why does Devices and printers and Windows
>>> Explorer try to logon as Guest? BTW, this happens even if I am logged in
>>> as a Domain Admin.
>>>
>>> (BTW - system is AV/spyware free, I run HijackThis, spybot, and at least
>>> one other).
0
Dominick

Account list balance does not match register balance...help...please???
I am having an issue in which my account register balance (which is correct and matches my bank balance) does not match the balance displayed in my account list page. Here are the symptoms: 1) All withdrawals and deposits are reconciled (I download all transactions daily). 2) The account register w/ the detailed transaction data is correct and matches the bank as well as my manual calculations. 3) The account list page displays is always $0.27 less than the account register page. 4) Only happens for one account (my checking account). I have tried the following as troubleshooting: 1...

User Clss Security
I am new to Microsoft Dynamics, and performing an evaulation using Rel.9. I am attempting to set up user class security to assign to usrs when I add them. When I set up a class for purchaing for example, selecting Windows and a series of Purchasing to allow access to the purchaing screens and save this. Then create a user and assign the class to the user I am creating, the end result when I print a security report for this user, the user has far more authorizations than the windows I granted to the Purchaning class. Authorizations include advanced security, Financials and many others. W...

Advanced Security Error
When I am in the Advanced Security form, I will select a user class (or user) and then select the "by menu" option on right of the form, I get the following error; The stored procedure WDC_Security_CloneClassEntity returned the following results: DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 50403. I have search the knowledgebase and googled it and I can't find anything about how to fix this error. This error code means that it was trying to clone from an entity that did not exist in the Accelerator tables. I suggest that you Reset the Accelerator from the Advanced Security Options w...

Desktop Administrator Accounts
I need to start creating individual accounts for our help desk personnel. I believe I have the AD Delegation working, but how do I control or give these users the ability to logon remotely using RDP and log on deskside with admin rights? Hi tkutil, create an security group called a.e. "Desktop-Admins-RDP" and assign persmissions at clients for RDP logon permissions to this group. You should use GPO to configure these settings on the desktops - see article below. More details around configuration options for RDP can you find here -> Configure Remote Desktop htt...

Vendor statement of account #2
Hi community, I need to make a vendor statement of account like customer statement of account. (ofcourse Multicurrency). I would appreciate your help The only thing that I have found that you can do (for reconciling misapplied payments and such). You can go into Inquiry by vendor pull what information that you need and push the print button in the right hand corner. You can then save this to a file in excel. As far as a statement like the customer.... nope. "Ragu" wrote: > Hi community, > I need to make a vendor statement of account like customer statement of > acc...

Outlook2K7/Vista & Security Certificates??
I'm using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. My AOL IMAP mail worked fine until a about a week ago. Now I get this error message: "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate cannot be verified. Do want to continue using this server" I click "Yes" and it downloads the new email, but I have to do this each time I open Outlook 2007. Anyone have any clues how to fix this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx can you download the certificate and add it to your trusted certs? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Security
Now with Money 2005 it seems you are pretty much required to use an MSN Passport to take advantage of its features. This means all your financial information is somewhere on some Microsoft server. Not only some statements from a certain bank, but ALL of your info. Your checking and savings accounts, your investment and retirement accounts and all the necessary passwords to access these accounts at each particular bank. Together with individual notes you may have added to each transaction (and with the combined information of all of your accounts) anyone accessing your data gets a pr...

Proper Security Settings on Exchange Install Folder?
I am trying to nail down the security of our Exchange 2003 servers before we start a mass migration off 5.5. One issue I am dealing with is securing the Exchange install directory, in my case c:\program files\exchsrvr I have a Microsoft Press Book "Secure Messaging with MS Exchange Server 2003" that talks about doing this on page 144, but the details aren't as clear as I would like them. For example, they say to remove the everyone inheritance. I don't have that. (thats not my question - but right away I'm seeing the book completely different from what I have) Th...

security setup
is there anyway to change security level of cashier by time. for example from 9am to 1 pm they have different security level and from 1 to 5 they have different. Also is there anyway to disable "tender" button on POS for all cashiers. i want to dedicate one of my machines just to make work orders so knowbody can tender amount on it. thank you Shoby, Not that I'm aware of. If you can't press the F12 Tender button, you can't save the workorder. But you can disable the Amount column in the Tender screen. When in POS, click on the bottom blank button on the le...

Copying A Chart of Accounts
I want to create a new company in GP and copy the COA from another existing company. I was thinking this was possible? Thanks It is possible! Follow the instructions outlined in KB article 866332. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Todd" wrote: > I want to create a new company in GP and copy the COA from another existing > company. I was thinking this was possible? > > Thanks ...

Routing Recepient mail failure
My routing work okay with the first person but then next person couldn't send it to the next person because he got this mail failure error. What is going on with it? ...

Outlook 2000 security update
Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security update? which one/why ? N "Jeremy" <jeremylee1975@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01dc01c3ce3e$3509e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to disable the Outlook 2000 security > update? ...

Default Security Roles for Canadian Payroll
It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. Fliehigh You could probably "mimic" the same security roles for Canadian payroll, no? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Fliehigh" wrote: > It would be nice to have the same type of security roles in Version 10 when > you install Canadian Payroll as you do with US payroll. > > Fliehigh No because the tasks do not mimic or relate to the US P...

Outlook 2003 Security
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with outlook 2003 when i am trying to synchronise my nokia 8210i phone to my addresses and calendar. When i try and do this i get the box popup that says that i have to allow access, so i press 10 minutes and allow. The only problem is that i have too much stuff i think and it takes longer then 10 minutes to sync. Its also through a serial cable, so it doesnt help. But when the 10 mins is up, then it wont allow the sync to finish and so it drops the connection with the nokia without finishing what needs to be done. I have tried the little install of click ye...

Apply that security package
--yuockqlvko Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkoqpquddlxw"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkoqpquddlxw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="erudxjyh" --erudxjyh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Secure Site Security Emblem
Windows XP(Home) SP3, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous checks for Virus/Malware 1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, Windows XP (Home) SP3, 2 External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board: P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.0...

Partition Accounts
Is it possible to partition accounts? For example a typical computer can have 3 physical drives of 10 GB each and then have say 5 logical drives each have say 6 GB. I want to do the same thing with 3 savings accounts allocated over 5 savings categories. Right now I have 5 seperate accounts and then a 6th account which is the negative of the sum of the 5. In this way my net worth is not over stated since the same savings is listed twice. This works but requires two sets of transactions. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how to set it up? I think you are asking about ...

Intercompany transaction for Project Accounting
Hi, How can I do a Intercompany transaction related to Project Accounting? Regards ...

Delete accounts numbers ftom the chart of accounts
I would like to know how to delete or reset my accounts number in the chart of accounts in once in Microsoft Accounting profesional 2008 MA, this is a GP forum. You might want to try a MAP forum. Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

rules for 2 accounts #2
We're running Outlook 2002 on Exchange 2003. I need to check both my and webmster's email. Ideally, I want to create 2 server-side filters (so they are filtered when i open outlook): 1. Filter all email if the sender is not on my address book. 2. Filter email if it's BCC'd (since a lot of email comes that way. Then I want the rules to apply both my and webmaster's inboxes, and put the email in their respective Junk mail folders. However, this is what it's doing: Makes the rules client-side, so when I open outlook, my emails are not filtered (incoming email is,...

Security Service Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3F55C.A5DEBC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, I have a problem... my CRM Security Service fails to start and this = is the error I get: Source: MSCRMSecurityService Event ID: 5920 Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active = Directory update). -2147016656 (0x80072030) Description: There is no = such object on the server. I used to work then i rebooted and now this... Any Ideas, everything = else seems to be running ...

Security
I need to be able to prevent certain users from changing a single text box in our Customer Maintenance window. My understanding is that we shoudl be able to do this with Field Level Security. I am relatively new to Great Plains and would like some advice as to whether I am on the right track, and any recomendations on good references for this. ----- Thanks in Advance Chris Hornung Chris - yes, you could do that with Field Level Security. This would be a good option of you need to lock the field on a conditional basis--such as with a password. If you have Modifier, you can also just...

Hyperlink failure
I'm using Outlook 2007 and have a problem when I click on a link in an email. I get a message which says 'General Failure, the URL was .........http etc'. I still get the link in my browser no problem (Mozilla Firefox). Don't have this problem when I use Outlook Express but I still prefer Outlook for some things. Any ideas anyone please. Dale <tutut@nowhere.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2007 and have a problem when I click on a link in an > email. > > I get a message which says 'General Failure, the URL was > .........http etc'. W...

Unable to install security program/referenced memory issue
Bear with me, this is the first time I have had to post. I am having an issue installing McAfee antivirus on my mom's system. She is using Windows XP (with no original program info or discs) and I recently uninstalled Symantec due to an issue of letting a virus in. When I uninstalled, it asked if I wanted to permanently the program and it's files. I inadvertently clicked yes and voila, I messed up. I now can't get McAfee from Comcast to install due to multiple, different "referenced memory" errors. Will Chkdsk correct this? How can I correct this? An...

Retrieve Account By Contact
Hello. I'm using Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy to integrate a custom application to the CRM. Can anyone tell me how I might retrieve an Account based on the ContactID of a given Contact? Thanks, Dave Dave In cases like this i always fire up SQL enterprise manager and create a new database diagram so i can see the links between accounts and contacts (if any). You may have to do multiple queries to get the result you want. "Dave Smith" <phillipdavidsmith@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%236jChfTGEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello. I'm using Microsoft.Crm.Pl...