Safe to Move?

Hello,

I remember seeing an article about moving $NtServicePackUninstall$ files to
free up space.  I think it was for Windows 2000 Server.  Is it possible to do
this for Windows 2003 server?

--
Thank you for your help!
JYC

Hello Mr. JYC,

Yes, you can do it and if are sure that there is no need to uninstall it
you can delete it.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

> Hello,
>
> I remember seeing an article about moving $NtServicePackUninstall$
> files to free up space.  I think it was for Windows 2000 Server.  Is
> it possible to do this for Windows 2003 server?

0
Meinolf
1/6/2010 7:04:39 PM
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:57:02 -0800, Mr. JYC
<MrJYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I remember seeing an article about moving $NtServicePackUninstall$ files to
>free up space.  I think it was for Windows 2000 Server.  Is it possible to do
>this for Windows 2003 server?

See
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/can_i_delete_the_contents_of_windows_ntuninstall.html
0
Lanwench

How do I move office 2003 from my old PC to a new imac
I bought a new imac and have installed the fusion windows emulator and XP. It works beautifully but I cannot figure out how to transfer software from my old PC. Actually my old PC died and I am trying to transfer from the hard drive that I salvaged. How do I install Office on the new machine? I dragged the program file over, but I cannot get the program to open on the new machine. Help John at Canegarden wrote: > I bought a new imac and have installed the fusion windows emulator > and XP. > It works beautifully but I cannot figure out how to transfer software > from my ol...

moving around cell
hi, using code how do you move up down, left, right? activecell.moveleft 1 or something like that Thnks Look at offset -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bre-x" <cholotron@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23$4HwFYEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > hi, > using code how do you move up down, left, right? > > activecell.moveleft 1 > > or something like that > > Thnks > > Bre-x ActiveCell.Offset(0,-1).Select will move left one cell ActiveCell.Offset(2, 1).Select move down two, right one ActiveCell.Cells(3, 2).Select move down...

SBS 2003 Server Reinstall/Move
I have a client who has an SBS2003 server that (1) has an inappropriate server name (EAT-ME) and is (2) running out of disk space. Is there a way to do a clean install of SBS and move over the user accounts and email store to the new server of a different name (SRV-SBS). I want a clean server for the client because I doubt the integrity of the server. John, You asked this question once and you have answers in that thread. Starting a new thread with the same question won't change the answer.. If the answers provided were unclear or if you want to reply to them to add c...

Conditional Sum - Moving Average
Dear Expert, Want to calculate Moving Average in this format. But Sum is conditional Say B2 to G2 are dates like this. Say B3 to G3 are the prices. A3 is Stock name A2 is empty Can you advise how to make it ...? If I put a 3 in B1 ... Then it can calculate the 3-day moving average in C1. If I put a 7 in D1 ... then it can calculate the 7-day moving average in E1 Moving average is dependent on the cell address to work out. I have asked similar question before ... but the date is in vertical format. This time .... If I present in horizontal format ... hope expert can still ...

is it safe
is it safe to delete $NtUninstallKB....$ folders? "mjurado" wrote: > is it safe to delete $NtUninstallKB....$ folders? Hi, It is safe, but these uninstallers for the KBs are merely your problem or the HDD/CPU usage hogs. Did you cleaned up other unwanted Applications/Programs to gain Space on your HDD? The downside of removing/deleting these unisntallers folder, you will not be able to uninstall any updates/hotfixes from your computer. HTH nass --- http://www.nasstec.co.uk .. mjurado wrote: > is it safe to delete $NtUninstallKB....$ fol...

XP When is Safe Mode not Safe Mode?
My apologies if this has been posted. I am not an MS expert, though I have worked with it a long time. I am running XP SP2. I had some services trying to start for which I had deleted the software. Via regedit, I did an export to make a backup of the registry. I then went into the registry to delete some of the service entries. Something went wrong so I ran the regedit import to restore my registry. Ever since then, my XP boots "just fine" except it boots, by default, in a version of Safe Mode. I have my graphical settings. Apache starts. Norton starts and a few others....

Safe Senders going to the Junk Mail folder
This just started a couple of days ago. All of my messages from the safe sender list are going to the junk mail folder. I've checked Windows Live Mail and Hotmail to see if any settings have changed there and they all look correct. Any ideas? Thanks! Are the safe senders in your contacts ?(they should only be one or the other but not both). Have you looked in the blocked senders to determine if senders addresses are not being blocked(blocked email addresses are treated as junk) You might clear out all safe and blocked senders and rebuild them accordingly for future inco...

Outlook in safe mode
I purchased Outlook 2003 and installed. It will only boot in the safe mode, does not shut down properly and is never online, always offline. I must hit send/receive to access email. I am running Windows XP Home, Outlook took over from Express 6.0 and should have been seamless. I have a cable modem on Brighthouse network (Roadrunner). I have run detect & repair from Outlook and reinstalled in the repair mode. I can send and receive emails only manually, not automatically, which tells me it connects to the cable modem. ...

Moving license to a new computer
I want to move Office Publisher 2007 to a new computer. Also new computer has Office home and student 2007. Any conflict? -- Spent $300 and this is my support? Nope. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Dr K" <DrK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:086AD55A-5358-4CE3-B35A-8B3F035A59E9@microsoft.com... >I want to move Office Publisher 2007 to a new computer. Also new computer >has > Office home and student 2007. Any conflict? > -- > Spent $300 and this is my support? ...

Move Mailbox option is 'greyed out'
We recently did an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 and running on Windows 2000 Server. There are two servers running Exchange and they both were successfully upgraded. Propblem: After the upgrade, one of the 'contact' sheets for a particular user was inadvertantly deleted. Now, when we want to move the mailbox to the other Exchange server, the option to move it, is 'greyed out', not available. What can be done with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Michael R. "Michael R." <emmertmr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ulz3JYKXEHA...

move MS CRM 1.2 on other server (maschine)
hallo, ich want to move MS CRM 1.2 (only the webfrontend) on other maschin in the same domain. can someone help me. Thanks Moving the front-end server is fairly easy. Just install on the new server, connect to the exitsting DB and then uninstall from the original server. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Move MS CRM 1.2 in other maschine" <Move MS CRM 1.2 in other maschine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB6269CD-6068-47C9-933F-26FA91185989@microsoft.com... hallo, ich want to move MS CRM 1.2 (only the webfrontend) on other maschin in the same doma...

can dbx files be deleted safely
trying free up some space can i safely delete all dbx files ..DBX files are used by Outlook Express. If you're absolutely sure you don't need any of your old OE information (mail and news), you can probably delete those files. You might want to send them to the Recycle Bin for a few days first to make sure you don't need them before you permanently delete them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:74d401c3eb38$df443130$7d02280a@phx.gbl, ...

Move Payee History
I have a credit card account that recently had the account number changed. This account was setup for electronic transfer. On the last download a new payee account, due to the account number change, was setup automatic by MS Money. How do I transfer the history from the old account to the new account? MikeMc In microsoft.public.money, MikeMc wrote: >I have a credit card account that recently had the account number changed. >This account was setup for electronic transfer. On the last download a new >payee account, due to the account number change, was setup automatic by MS ...

moving and Enterprise CA from one DC to another
I need to rebuild a Windows 2003 DC which has an Entreprise CA. In order to reduce the amount or work involved on the day I rebuild it, I had hoped to move the Enterprise CA to another almost identical DC before hand. However I can't demote the first one because it is a target for IIFP. Can I move my CA from one DC to another without demoting one or the other DC? (I know that I need to review the whole PKI structure.) -- Carol Hello CarolChi, Start with: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298138 Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided &...

SAFE MODE
Publisher is giving a fatal error and says it can go into safe mode to continue working. The user goes into it and seems to be able to continue but I still can't figure out why this is happening. Same user/same computer. Gets WINGDINGS when filling out an online form. It used to be just this one user on the same computer but now I am starting to see the same thing happen on another computer in the network. (Don't think its a virus since everything is very well protected by Inoculate) Any ideas???? This sometimes happen when your OCR-A font is missing or damaged or some o...

Moving between accounts
HI Folks, In outlook 03 I used to be able to click on file then either change email account or move between email accounts i.e I have 3 different accounts set up wtihin outlook and I can only see one - the default at present. I have had a look on the site etc and can't seem to find how to do this one easily with new outlook. can anyone please suggest how to do this? Thanks HEAPS. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Cath" <cathjamo[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message news:eXXFM5CzKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In outlook 03 I used to be able to...

Moving 2007 to a different hard drive
To free up space on my older laptop, I moved Office 2007 to a portable hard drive. I don't know how to access the programs now. Any help out there? You would have needed to uninstall Office 2007 then custom install to the new location. So how did you move office? "Weepski" <Weepski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A6353FD-C363-496A-95F8-E9C7524978EA@microsoft.com... > To free up space on my older laptop, I moved Office 2007 to a portable > hard > drive. I don't know how to access the programs now. Any help out there? $1...

moving everything from OL2000 to OL2002
I'd like complete instructions for moving all settings from OL2000 to OL2002: includes e-mail and sub-folders, rules and filters; e-mail accounts, newsgroups, address lists, for starters. The closest thing in the KB is that *.iaf files are not used by OL2002 anymore, so use the "import" under the 'file' menu, but when I run this, I get a message that it cannot find any accounts to import. Please re-assure me that the engineers maintained import/export ability from OL2000 to OL2002, or not. The simple truth is all I want. -L Yes, pretty simple. Thanks for th...

XML files on local profile, usage? possible to move to differnt path?
Hi there, we have found some XML files on desktops running online/offline outlook client, we want to know what they are being used for and whether we can change the path for storing these files. The size of these files varies depending on the size of data base and the issue is that some of our client have strict profile limit for the user. Having these files by default in the user profile is not idea for us and if possible want to change the location of these files. The location of these files are as shown below. Does anyone know what they are being used for and how to change the loca...

Moving around in spreadsheet
OK this should be an easy one. For some reason I cant arrow right an move to the next column anymore. I can enter and move down but th arrows arent moving me to the next or previous columns. Did I mess u my settings somehow? Please help Thanks, Ji -- jsess443 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jsess4431's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3716 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56882 It sound link you have the Scroll Lock on. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of...

If you had to move from VB6...
In another thread, someone said that compared to VB Fred, VB6 was pathetic. This low attempt to turn me from my private choice of language slid off my back like water on a duck. However, it did pique my curiosity. If I had to move from VB6, which language would I choose. Which language would most resemble it in IDE, ease of coding and, yes, RAD quality. I would accept a learning curve about the same I had to go through with VB6. About a hundred hours to get a simple database program running (from picking up the course book) and about a year or two to get moderatly proficient...

Safe Pay
I have clients that utilize both US$ and CAD$ bank accounts/checkbooks. It appears that when generating a Safe Pay file it will only use the check amount in the functional currency. It would be helpful if Safe Pay could generate the file using the originating currency. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

After I've moved a note from Inbox to folder A, I can't move it to Folder B.
This just doesn't seem very user-friendly at all. After I've read some mail in my Inbox, I'll move it to one of the personal folders I've set up. Being *extremely* fallible, I sometimes move it to the wrong folder. When I discover such an error, I'd like to move it from the incorrect location to the correct one. When I attempt the move, it whines that it cannot do the move because the item has already been moved oir deleted. I *know* that - I just want to move it again! Why is Outlook treating me so shabbily, and what can I do to move stuff around, even after it's...

my inbox seems to have deleted or moved all old emails. where ?
I was keeping all my old messages in inbox for ref purposes. all mails (in inbox) from before last week seem to removed. Would it have been to full and deleted all, if so is there a way of retrieving them. All the other folders were untouched Check your View "peggy nugent" <peggy nugent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69C12943-975C-4286-90C9-14524FECA0AC@microsoft.com... >I was keeping all my old messages in inbox for ref purposes. all mails (in > inbox) from before last week seem to removed. Would it have been to full > and > dele...

Moving outlook 97 Emails to Outlook XP
I upgraded to XP Home and XP Outlook on a new harddrive. Now I can't get access to all the emails I had in Outlook '97 with Win98SE. I have the .pst file but none of the emails. All I want to do is move all the emails I had in Outlook '97 to Outlook XP, but I can no longer open Outlook 97. How do I move all the Outlook '97 emails into Outlook XP without accessing to Outlook '97? Have you tried simply opening your old .PST file in Outlook 2002? use File | Open | Outlook Data File, browse to the file and click Open. It will open in your Folder List (View | Folder Lis...