RRAS problems

Hi
This is a problem that occured after I installed a new Windwos Server 2008 R2 RRAS server, so the problem do didn´t exist when connecting agains RAS on a Windows Server 2003....
Background data: This is a NAP installation where I use Computer and user certificates för L2TP connection and authentication (via Radius).
This works fine, until I try to connect with more than one computer from  same external IP-adress. Then I get Error code 678 and after a while Error Code 756. As I said before, when I connect to the Windows Server 2003 RAS Server there is no problem when connecting with
the same kind of credentials, whit one or more computers.
Is there some kind of change of default security settings between server 2003 and server 2008 R2 that explains this behaviour?
Appreciate all efforts to help me salve this problem.
/Devin

0
Devin

software installation problem?
hi, as of yesterday, i am the happy user of an ibook after my dell 'ate' my research papers and i was less than happy with windows recovery options... but in attempting to install the office mac 2004 student and teacher edition (the one with word, powerpoint, excel and msn) it is reported that athough the program has superficially installed itself - ie on the hard drive i am able to see the folder and open it to view all of the individual icons, i cannot open them because it tells me to put them back in the folder they were installed in (i havent moved them) or to reinstall the progra...

Wierd problem
I am receiving some e-mails that are just blank in the message body. When I go to my webmail I can view the message but for some reason the message content is not downloading to Outlook. This is only for a few message and I cannot tell if there is a common thing with the e-mails that are not coming through. Also when I send a message from my Outlook to my office the message shows sent but it is not received at the office. I check the webmail for the office but it is not there. I can forward an e-mail from home and it arrives at the office but not an original message. I thought ...

GDI Problem with Excel and two colour fill effect charting
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into powerpoint all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moviw below shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf...

Problem Please help me #2
Dear Friends I am putting the same question back. I had a problem in my Store which was currupted and hence it was not doing the backup correctly due to the same my stm file started growing. So to solve the problem we have use the repair tool on the Store and Deleted the STM file and created new file. NOw the problem i am facing is in the mailboxes of users they have some emails which they can not open, Delete it gives the error message Object access failuer. I have deleted and purge one of mailbox and It is showing the correct mails when logged on to the new computer but if i log on...

RRAS Dial-In Attribute
guys, I'm trying to identify whether a user have "dial-in" permission set and if so what is the current value "Allowed" "Denied" or "Control access through Remote Access Policy". I can check AD attributes, such as mail, givenName, sn, etc, however, I can't seem to find the attributes to look for that relates to this. Can somone guide me here. #This script connects to AD to find objects $objADSI = [adsi]"" $domain = $objADSI.distinguishedName $domainUsers = [adsi]("LDAP://" + $domain) $search = New-Object Syst...

problem...
When I am sending an email with an attachment of size 11mb for instance, I can not cancel the transmission. When I try to open the concerning message in the outbox, outlook says you can not open the item, it is being transmitted... Nor can I delete it. I hate this problem and cant solve it. Please guide me. Running against Exchange server or with a local data file? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23FeC9c8hGHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I am sending an email with an attachment of size 11mb for instance, >...

Query problem
We have a contract with one of our customers. As part of the contract we need to report to them every month on what we have sold them on the contract. However the contract has 60 different part numbers on it. How can I create a query to pull out only the 60 part numbers from our thousands of products? I know how to write queries normally but not with this many or statements. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You se...

M2006: Reports problem after receiving Critical Update warning
I received the Critical Update warning. It stated that if you have passwords for all your accounts when you go to the account update page that you don't need to do anything further. Now all but one of my favorite reports and some of the standard reports do not come up - they simply hang with a "Loading" message displayed. What's up? One further note: Online account updating does still work for me. On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:05:30 -0700, falsedawn2@hotmail.com wrote: >I received the Critical Update warning. It stated that if you have >passwords for all your accounts when...

Problem with reading Reminders in Outlook 2003
Every time I start Outlook 2003 a pop-up message appears: "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment." How do I get rid of this annoying pop- up message? I have tried to take all my reminders that I could find out of my calendar, the message still appears. What do I need to do? Has anyone experience similar problem. How do I get rid off this pop-up message. Many thanks for your help. Martin. Martin <martin@kellyville.org.au> wrote: > Every time I start Outlook 2003 a...

XSD /element problem
I am trying to generate C# classes for a specific element in a= schema using the XSD=2EEXE tool=2E Assume an XSD file that defines= an element, Foo, containing an element, Bar=2E The Bar element= contains a singe attribute, width=2E I want to generate a schema= for the Bar element=2E XSD=2EEXE offers the following command option: /element:<element> Element from schema to process=2E Short From [sic] is '/e:'=2E When I run this: XSD=2EEXE /c /e:Foo/Bar I get this error: Warning: cannot generate classes because no top-level= elements with complex type were ...

Validation problem
I tried to download the holiday update for Outlook 2002 (KB910619) and was prompted to validate my Office XP Pro installation. However, the validation failed. The failure message is: Microsoft Office XP Professional: Validation Incomplete: Office Must Be Activated. I bought Office legitimately and each product (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) says it has been activated when I try to activate it from within those programs. I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2 and all updates and Office SP3. Thanks for any help If you go to the option under the STart menu->program files, is there an ...

trafficmanagement / logging with RRAS
Hello, I plan to use RRAS with windows2003. My idea is to connect some users using NAT to the internet. But I would like to have some kind of logging and trafficmanagement, so for example a logfile that shows what User (IP-Nr, Hostname) has connected to what website (URL). Also how much traffic a user (IP-Nr, Hostname) has generated. And: "disconnect" a user (IP-Nr) from the internet.... I think that all or some of these features I can find in a proxyserver (ISA..) - but a proxyserver would required that I set the proxy settings in the users' intenetbrowser - ...

Chart problem
I have a chart that is based on SubTotals from data that is advanced filtered. When I filter data the the subtotals change but the chart dose not. What do i have to do to get chart to refesh when ever i run my filter. Thanks Simon Your chart should automatically update if the source data changes. The following thread discusses a similar problem and offers a few suggestions for fixing it: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=u6nNSDwmCHA.212%40TK2MSFTNGP09 sidata wrote: > I have a chart that is based on SubTotals from data that is advanced > filtered. > When I filter ...

Find replace problem
Hi I have some numbers denoted thus:- 02:34:56 (they can be any numbers at all separated by Colons and I want to replace the last Colon with a dot/period so it is 02:34.56 I tried to replace using **:**:** to **:**.** but it fills in with the latter How can I achieve please Neil Here is a way to achieve this effect without using Find/Replace: 1. Highlight your column, then Forman-> Cells-> Custom 2. the format your cells should be in is hh:mm:ss. In the Type: text box, change this format to hh:mm.ss Now, your column should be fixed. -- Anne Murray "neil40@btinternet.c...

Intriguing problem with public folders as resources
Hello, Is there a way to have public folders operating as resource mailboxes? On an old server (Exchange 5.5) a client had it setup that they could book a meeting in a master calendar (public folder) and then schedule individual rooms (also public folders) as resources. The time would get booked in the master calendar and the individual rooms automatically. This is obviously different from the standard way it is done using resource mailboxes with scripts or the auto- acceptance in Oulook 2000 and higher. Does anyone know how to do this with public folders in Exchange 2003? Than...

Reading Layout problem, and labels problem.
I am running XP Home Edition. I have Office 2003, Student and Teacher Edition, which has developed two Word problems. - The Reading Layout mode shows only one page instead of two. - When I define labels, there is no border around the labels on the screen. I only recently began creating labels, so I don't know when this came about. I have disabled System Restore, so that isn't an option. I reinstalled Office, but that didn't fix either of the Word problems. I used the Save My Settings Wizard for the reinstallation, and I wonder that that mi...

Problems With SQL Server
i'm having a problem with my sql server. i keep getting a messages that my server no longer exists .Native error 17 and SQL State 08001 Does anyone know what in the world is this. Please email me cifbartlett@aol.com or kishburks@hotmail.com. Jessie wrote: > i'm having a problem with my sql server. i keep getting a messages that my > server no longer exists .Native error 17 and SQL State 08001 Does anyone know > what in the world is this. Please email me cifbartlett@aol.com or > kishburks@hotmail.com. Connect to your server with IP, and verify in sql tool configurat...

Problem using MsgHook to send msg to running app
Hi, I am having a problem that I do not understand at all. :D I am trying to send a message to a running app called FileClean. This is a new version and the message hook is not able to obtain a hwnd for the running app. It does work with the older version, but I have not been able to find any difference's in the properties of either version and the app name is listed the same when running, in the task manager. Where else should I be looking for something different. Here is the code, this is from Karl's example, the FindWindow(FormClass, App.Title) returns 0 with th...

Links Problem
I have a spreadsheet which contains links to other spreadsheets on m PC. When I send the spreadsheet to a friend and they open it and clic "Don't Update" they get errors where the linked formulas are. I thought that as long as you didn't try to update the links th spreadsheet should be OK and look the same as when it left m computer. HELP !!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad -- Hibbste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hibbster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3016 View this thre...

profile problems
we hava a secretary who takes care of 4 (different users) mailboxes, we setup outlook 4 profiles (exchange, all on the same exchange server) for each of them. The problem is when switching profiles it allways asks the username and password, even if we check that it remembers it. In news:ejXXLraAHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, filip <fmatosic@inet.hr> typed: > we hava a secretary who takes care of 4 (different users) mailboxes, > we setup outlook 4 profiles (exchange, all on the same exchange > server) for each of them. The problem is when switching profiles it > allwa...

Printing Colour Gradient problems
Hello everybody XP SP3 latest updates, MS Word 2007 document saved as .doc. Have numerous text boxes that i have used gradient fills . Single colour from the standard colour palette at around 80% transparency at the top fading to 100% transparent at the bottom, so that black text is still perfectly readable. When printing the colours are showing as if there is no transparency ie the full colour. any body have any ideas, i have checked every setting I can find but cant see anything remotely relevant. Here is a screenshot of what I mean, used a pdf as my printer is running...

Address book problem #6
The addresses of people I write to are for some reason no longer automatically being added to my address book (Outlook 2007). How can I start this happening again? They never were, perhaps you mean they are not added to the autocomplete list? "wapanap" <me@universe.com> wrote in message news:%23WTWE9y6JHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > The addresses of people I write to are for some reason no longer > automatically being added to my address book (Outlook 2007). How can I > start this happening again? Yes, that's what I mean! What can I do? "DL&qu...

Problem with Connection String in MS office Chart 11.0
I am trying to add a chart on a form in MS Access. (.mdb) I am using Access 2003. Adding MS office chart to my form, I need to define the connection string. The data I want to use in the chart is stored in the same access database. What should be the value of the connection string.. If "XX" is the name of the table containing the data I need to use to plot the chart, what I should input as value for connection string property and what I should input as value for commandtext property. Thanks a lot for your help... ...

A problem using PrintForm
Trying to do something kind of fundamental here: Print some stuff that's displayed on a form. Just for testing purposes, I've created a form and from a menu click event, I'm showing it (MyForm.Show vbModal) In the form's Activate event there are these statements: Print "gobledygook" Print "Some stuff" Print "92oijwleijd0892uo9ij" PrintForm When I execute this, a page is printed out (on the "default" printer) but the strings shown above are NOT printed. Just for testing, I added a Label and a command button to the...

Problem with first launching of MS Outlook
I have had a problem with first launching of MS Outlook. I already currently use MS Outlook Express. It suggested that I try and use Safe Mode. This didn't work either. Nick "Nick" <tulse04-news@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:l6SdnXnAYPkyo0_ZnZ2dnUVZ8qudnZ2d@bt.com... >I have had a problem with first launching of MS Outlook. I already >currently use MS Outlook Express. > > It suggested that I try and use Safe Mode. This didn't work either. I have now managed to install it - not using the Business Contact Manager. Nick ...