Remote Server Question

Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely.

IT is using a generic printer from the server.

At the office the printer is on a network.

Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely.

What needs to be done to get said printer working?
--
Member - Liberal International	This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

Whether "at the office" or "accessing the server remotely", said printer is
on the network, for the server. Make it your default printer.

"The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message ...
Right customer wants to acces his win2k8 server remotely.

IT is using a generic printer from the server.
At the office the printer is on a network.
Terminal Services are being used to access the server remotely.
What needs to be done to get said printer working?

0
Bob

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Multiple Virtual Server Problems
Hi! I have problem with multiple POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003. I have Default Virtual Server POP3/IMAP4 and wanted to create the second secure server with the same IP address. The created second virtual server (POP3 or IMAP4) cannot be startet. There is an eventview warning: Event ID: 1036 Source: POP3Svc Category: General Error-Massage: “An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.” All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. I have the following configurations ...

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Process Server #3
I can't seem to find much documentation on this other than the Online Help. Has anybody used this before? We are running a custom application that can be fairly processer intensive and would like to setup process servers. But from what I can tell of the tool, it only seems to pick up Standard GP functions. Is there any way to get the Process Server to run custom code? Thanks, Dennis. ...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

removing old mail server
We had a mail server die some time ago. I have gone through the KB article to make sure everything was moved to other servers. I also ran the uninstall for Exchange on that box but it still shows up in System Manager. What else do I need to do to remove that server? If everything works and the box doesn't exist any more you can delete the msExchExchangeServer object using ADSIEdit. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote in message news:uTxYA76QGHA.252@TK2M...

Unable to Login to Exchange Server
I recently applied several Windows XP Update, patches and SR's along with one or two Office XP Sr's and updates. Everything worked fine except now I am not able to login to the Mail Exchange Server using Outlook 2002. So far, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP. I've deleted the TCP/IP connection and reinstalled it. I've deleted all cookies but I am still unable to login to the server. The symptoms are; Outlook opens up, a user name and password dialog displays, I enter the information and immediately it reports that my user name or password is invalid. It...

moving users to new cluster server
I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox method? What is the best way to do this? On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:13 -0800, "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote: >I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one >server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 >storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox >method? What is the ...

Questions about outlook client offline mode for 4.0
Does anyone know if importing 30,00 contacts into my outlook is going to increase the size of my mailbox on the exchange sever or are the crm contacts and other information store in a seperate datebase? I guess my underlining question is how does crm work with outlook, where does data get stored, how much can it impact the space on the harddrive if I synconize with crm offline? I can find any documentation on this topic, any help would be great!! Sorry I CAN NOT find any documantation on this topic. Any help would be great! "Rich" wrote: > Does anyone know if importing ...

Remoting
Can I launch with some api an application in a remote pc that is connected to the same lan? If the answer is positive, can I supply also parameters? Regards Mark Overall, the simple answer is "no". In fact, if you can do this, there is a security hole in your network large enough to drive a freight train through. Sideways. However, you can create secure techniques that can allow this; creating the security is a topic well beyond the scope we can discuss here, but what you have to do is create some kind of server process that launches the program with appropriate security cred...

Question on "reply" format
Is there a way from within OE 6 to customize the "reply header"? I'm aware of the plugins, but I would like to do it with OE alone, if that's possible. I'm in the process of weaning myself off AOL ond so don't have a lot of experience with Outlook. Thanks, John Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomste...

Vista and CRM Server
I have tried to install the CRM Server on Vista Ultimate. I get to the point where it asks me to enter the Organizational Unit. I select the Browse button and get the error message "Unable to Browse for Active Directory objects". How can I get past this. CRM Server is not supported on this platform. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "John Sandor" <JohnSandor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:138F3560-5228-4652-8DD9-8E0A06A7EF00@microsoft.com... >I have tried to install the CRM Serv...

Z report question
Is it possible to show the total qty of each of all the items sold from a particular department on the Zreport? ...

3 exchange servers with 1 primary entry point.
we are changing our internet connection in all of our offices. we are setting up an MPLS nextwork. We have 3 exchange servers in 3 offices two of them are at the 2 entry points 1 of them is not. Since they will be going through another entry point they will have the same address as the one at that entry point. So my question is can we have 1 mail server as the primary entry point for the other 2? how do we set this up? Set MX record for your domain to point to IP of the server that is supposed to accept mail for your domain. Configure firewall accordingly. Greg Siegel wrote: > we ...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

SQL Server Back End
I have an Access 2000 Database with 16 Tables 55 Queries 25 Forms and 60 Reports. The Database has been used to handle from 10,000 up to 50,000 records. This is a Constituents Database that is used by elected members of the legislature to keep track of their Constituents. To date the database has been used as a stand-alone desktop or laptop solution. The database has been networked on up to 3 machines in some offices with Microsoft Home Network. There is a growing demand for a system that can be accessed from computers in different locations. I downloaded SQL Server Express 2005 from M...

remote connections
In SS2K , how to enable remote connections ? For example, from my machine, within SEM I'd like to create a "New SQL Server Registration" connection to that machine. This has always worked for me in the past, but today I've encountered an SS2K instance which gives me a "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())" error. Does it matter if the target instance is configured as "Windows Authentication" vs "Mixed Mode" ? I'm attempting the "New SQL Server Registration" via Windows Authentication. I...

Putting Database on Server so other Employees can access it
I just put a database I created on our server. The other 2 people who will be using it arent able to open it up though. Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to fix this so they can use it? Thanks for your help!!! 1. All users of the database must have at least read, write, create, delete (or modify) privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database .mdb file, but the entire folder. 2. Open the database and go to Tools, Options, and Advanced Tab. Set the Default Open mode to Shared and the Default Record Locking to Edited Record. (...

Unknown user authenticating in my Email Server!
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4. I noticed I have been acting as an open relay. While trying to correct the problem, I am getting the follwing Event ID when restarting the IMS: 2010 Connection from xxx.xxx.xxx.xx was authenticated (AUTH LOGIN) as \administrator How do I stop this!?! Change the Administrator password! Make it a complex password. You can also disable the "allow authenticated users to relay" option if you do not need it. -Brad Dinerman Jason wrote: > I have Exchange 5.5 SP4. I noticed I have been acting as > an open relay. While trying to correct the proble...

Need help configurig outlook 2003 client for use wiht exchange server using outlook web access
Hello, Here is my problem. I am trying to configure Outlook 2003 to access an exchange server. The IT person gave me the following information. server: https://email.domain.com/exchange user name: XXXX\xxxxx I entered these two as given to me in the exchange server settings. However when i try to connect or check names I get an error message saying outlook could not log on. I also am not asked for my password or given a place to enter the password. Before you tell me that it can not be done, I have used the server and user name above to connect and access the exchange server wiht Microsof...

changing contents of a sheet remotely
Hi, I have a list of jobs on sheet1 col A contains the job number, Sheet2 is an invoice, i enter job numbers into col A and Vlookups operate in the other cols. When i enter a number into sheet2 i would like the row which contains this job number to have the date entered into col M so i can easily check if a job has been charged out. What is the command for this, will it have to be run as a macro? If i then go on to enter numbers in a list down to cell A38 on sheet 2 is the best way to write code to look at all the numbers at once and adjust sheet1 accordingly? Or input the job numbers via a...

OWA
I am looking to run OWA through ISA 2004 box - connected to a front end exchange 2003. ISA 2004 is running on a Windows 2003 Server SP1 box, front end is Exchange 2003 SP2. Back end server (mail box server) is Windows 2003 box, SP1, and exchange 2003 SP1. (I know SP versions on exchange should be the same - but OWA works fine on the front end when connecting to the back end). ISA 2004 is confirgured and web mail server set up. We are are using forms based authenticication and when inserting the URL of the ISA server into the web browser the connection through to the front end is good (...

What antivirus on Front-End server?
Hi, can somebody recommend me an antivirus software what supports Exchange Front-End server? We use eTrust Antivirus with Exchange option, but it scans only mailbox store. I want to block viruses and some attachments on our FE server first. Tom. On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 06:13:03 -0800, "flyok" <flyok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >can somebody recommend me an antivirus software what supports Exchange >Front-End server? >We use eTrust Antivirus with Exchange option, but it scans only mailbox store. >I want to block viruses and some attachments on our FE se...

Remote Web Workplace / Remote Destop Web
I'm trying to set up remote desktop access for several of my key users . I found / enabled "TSWeb", however as far as I can see - and this is where I need some help - this only allows all users to access a specific computer within the LAN. I did make this work but there's really no advantage to running the web interface if it just connects to 1 computer. I next located the Remote Web Workplace that comes as part of SBS 2003. (I look after several networks, one of which uses SBS2003). This is the functionality I'm looking for however I am unable to make...

Navision 3.7, CRM 3.0 SQL server 2000 on same server
Hello, Can we installed Navision 3.7 and CRM 3.0 and SQL database server 2000 on the one (1) same server for 20 users? if yes then what will be system requirments? regards, Danish ...