Remote Desktop Client 7.0 for Windows Server 2003

The latest Remote Desktop Client was released only for XP and Vista, but I'm
using it on Server 2003 with no issues (I've extracted and copied files
manually, as update.inf and catalog doesn't match operating system). Is
possible to make a installer compatible with Windows 2003?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969084/en-us

Update:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=72158b4e-b527-45e4-af24-d02938a95683&displaylang=en

Thanks!  :)

0
Tyler

Hi Tyler,

I think 7.x version is only for Win7/Vista/2008 systems. you can use the RDP
client 6.0 on Windows server which also does include the remote desktop
services features like RD Gateway....
Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) for Windows Server
2003 (KB925876)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=cc148041-577f-4201-b62c-d71adc98adb1

Hope that helps

Regards
Ramazan

"Tyler Durden" <abuse@antispam.org> wrote in message
> The latest Remote Desktop Client was released only for XP and Vista, but
> I'm using it on Server 2003 with no issues (I've extracted and copied
> files manually, as update.inf and catalog doesn't match operating system).
> Is possible to make a installer compatible with Windows 2003?

> Update:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=72158b4e-b527-45e4-af24-d02938a95683&displaylang=en
>
> Thanks!  :)

0
RCan
3/10/2010 8:51:46 PM
> Hi Tyler,

Hi Rcan,

> I think 7.x version is only for Win7/Vista/2008 systems. you can use the
> RDP

No, it is for XP SP3 and Vista. And it has many new features, like:

Web Single Sign-On (SSO) and Web forms-based authentication
Access to virtual desktop pools by using RD Connection Broker
Status & disconnect system tray icon
RD Gateway-based device redirection enforcement
RD Gateway system and logon messages
RD Gateway background authorization & authentication
RD Gateway idle & session time-outs
NAP remediation with RD Gateway
Windows Media Player redirection
Bidirectional audio
Multiple monitor support

Using it on Server 2003 for some days now, no issues. MSTSC.EXE even seems
to have less mem usage than 6.0.

> client 6.0 on Windows server which also does include the remote desktop
> services features like RD Gateway....
> Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) for Windows
> Server 2003 (KB925876)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=cc148041-577f-4201-b62c-d71adc98adb1
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Regards
> Ramazan
>
> "Tyler Durden" <abuse@antispam.org> wrote in message
>> The latest Remote Desktop Client was released only for XP and Vista, but
>> I'm using it on Server 2003 with no issues (I've extracted and copied
>> files manually, as update.inf and catalog doesn't match operating
>> system). Is possible to make a installer compatible with Windows 2003?

>> Update:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=72158b4e-b527-45e4-af24-d02938a95683&displaylang=en
>>
>> Thanks!  :)

0
Tyler

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

CRM 3.0 on different Domain trees
Hi there, i wants to install am CRM 3 in a Company with 2 different Domain trees (and also 2 different Exchange Servers). Is there's a possibility to install two Exchange Connectors? Thanks in advance ...

how do i reconvert a XML document back to word 2003 format
I converted a large word document to xml format and saved it. (now 243Kb) Now I need to do major alterations to it. How can I return it back to its original Word 2003 Format. ...

Exch Server 2003 - Enable message tracking
I am trying to fix message tracking on one of our 2003 Exch Servers. The log file directory has a load of unreadable characters in it, but when I try to change it by pointing to either the existing log folder or a new one I get the following error; Existing folder; Access is denied Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Microsoft Exchange Management I have looked the error up and checked the permissions on the following registry key; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipe\Winreg and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\language Everything seem correct so wh...

Sync Issues with Sales for Outlook Client
In short, I haven't touched this product for about 18 months and unfortunately, I have virtually forgotten everything about this application. Therefore, I could really use your help in addressing an issue that I think we encountered before deploying it. Let's say user Joe Cool got a new PC (Windows XP SP2) in which we installed the Sales for Outlook Client. Ever since he got the new PC, he's had trouble syncing when he goes offline. When online, we see what we're expected to see while in the Sales for Outlook Client wihin Outlook. When we go offline, we don't se...

Blackberry email tracking in crm 4.0
Hi, can anyone tell me if blackberry emails are supposed to automatically track within CRM 4.0? We are tracking emails through outlook into crm fine but BB emails are not tracking for some reason. We have our own BES and exchange server. I know you can buy 3rd party software but according to one of the reps of that company, he claimed it should be tracking by itself w/out 3rd party. Is anyone sucessfully doing this? thank you! I am no expert, but I have been working with BB/BES and CRM and up till now what I seen is that email already marked for tracking (i.e. a reply to one marked as t...

XP PRO 2003/Outlook send/receive
Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check..... It seems to have started doing this since I had a wireless router installed. I want it to check every 5 minutes but it will not do it. I have repaired the Office Suite to no effect. On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:14:10 -1000, gracenote <nospam@mydomain.com> wrote: > Whatever setting I use I cannot get Outlook to send/receive at my > choice of intervals. In fact I seem to mostly F9. to check..... > > It seems to have started doing this since I had a w...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Multiple Virtual Server Problems
Hi! I have problem with multiple POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers on Exchange 2003. I have Default Virtual Server POP3/IMAP4 and wanted to create the second secure server with the same IP address. The created second virtual server (POP3 or IMAP4) cannot be startet. There is an eventview warning: Event ID: 1036 Source: POP3Svc Category: General Error-Massage: “An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.” All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. I have the following configurations ...

owa lockdown in exchange 2003
Hi, I read you don't need iis lockdown for owa in exc2003, I have some nosy developers, how do I make sure that is secure Have a look at this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/exsecure.mspx "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5EA5464-FAD1-42D5-8AAE-6DBD45644890@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I read you don't need iis lockdown for owa in exc2003, I have some nosy > developers, how do I make sure that is secure > ...

Positioning Dialog To Desktop
Using VC++, I have a dialog-based app. I want to put the window in the lower right corner of a desktop. It seems I can't override the positioin of the window set in the resource editor (where the window coordinates are set). How can I override this initial window position to put it in the corner? I've found how to get a pointer to the desktop, its width and height, but using that to position the window in OnPaint didn't work. Also SetPosition in the App InitInstance doesn't work. The coordinates to my dialog are sitting in a resource file, so how can I program to change t...

clprflpr or client flipper
Can anyonne point me in the direction of a download for this tool? Urgently needed for an Exchange migration. The exe file and ini file is all that I require. To cut a long story short, no I can't use EXPROFRE as the users don't have X500 addresses and the software on the server I am migrating the users away from is 9 years OLD! TIA, JMS ...

Lunch the application after login page and before desktop !!!
Hi, Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and before desktop? I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey. I want this application to run every time the user log in. Couple of problem with Runoncekey.... 1. This key is meant to use just for one time application 2. User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application. I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then show the desktop. There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this application. Can anybody help? Thanks Trupti Not possible. The only way you can do it is by cha...

Client CPU 100% memory inc 4KB
I have a client running WinXP Pro Outlook 2002 (setup test machine same issue) connecting to Exchange2000. Symptoms - Open Outlook reminders popup CPU100% forever, Open received meeting request click any response 'tentative, accept, reject' same issue. PROBLEM DOES NOT OCCUR WHEN USING OWA..... I noticed that the Outlook.exe process in task manager at 98-100% initial memory level normal, then increases by 10KB after a few minutes memory increases by 4KB every few seconds. I let it go for several hours memory continued to increased, outlook still appears hung no change in Exchange ser...

money 2003 price history
money 2003 standard ->reports->investment->price history. looking at the price history line graph legend across the botton has dates. these dates are 1/2 1/30 2/27 3/30 4/28 5/27 6/19 7/17 8/14 9/11. where do these dates come from. they appear to be every 28-29 days. how can dates be changed to be last day of each month. They are probably automatically downloaded prices to give you history. If you can find the prices on the dates you want, then you can add them manually. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-...

Anyone having difficulty installing the new CRM3c client?
I have a brand new box running XP and Office 2007 that I built up that has all of the updates installed. I have attempted many times to run the installation of the new CRM 3c client (the one compatible with Vista and Office 2007) and after running through a few of the screens, it errors on the System Requirements screen, saying: "The installed version of Microsf Outlook is not support by the Microsoft CRM client. Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft Outlook." Ironic considering I'm running the latest and greatest of everything. I did find a post on the ne...

Win SBS with SPS 2003
Hi, I wish to know can Win SBS stiil be required to avail special SBS pricing for 15 CRM users if the company already has Exchange server 2003. Secondly CRM be integrated with Win SPS(Share Point Portal) 2003. Regards, Nitin ...

arrange by date problem in 2003?
Hi, I have a simple problem, i think, but i can't find the solution in the help or on the net, so maybe someone in this group can help me out ... I don't like the arrange by date grouping that seems to be te default in Outlook 2004, but when i disable this for a message folder, the default setting seems to be reset every month or so ... Is there a way to disable this settinh once (view->arrange by-> show in groups off) and for all, preferably for all folders at once? Thanks, Gertjan Gertjan <gvheijst@xs4all.nl> wrote: > I don't like the arrange by date groupin...

Exchange 5.5 Backup (Veritas 9.0)
Veritas Remote Engine for Excahange stopts when trying to backup Mailboxes Exchange 5.5 (SP4 Windows NT 4.0 (SP6a) Nasser <nsheleby@kvie.org> wrote: >Veritas Remote Engine for Excahange stopts when trying to backup Mailboxes. >Exchange 5.5 (SP4) >Windows NT 4.0 (SP6a) Best thing to do in the first instance is to see what error Veritas is throwing up and then report it to Veritas support. It's not a favourite practice to be doing mailbox level (also known as Bricks Level) backups. See link at signature for more information on Bricks Level Backups and why they are best avoi...

Process Server #3
I can't seem to find much documentation on this other than the Online Help. Has anybody used this before? We are running a custom application that can be fairly processer intensive and would like to setup process servers. But from what I can tell of the tool, it only seems to pick up Standard GP functions. Is there any way to get the Process Server to run custom code? Thanks, Dennis. ...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

Questions about outlook client offline mode for 4.0
Does anyone know if importing 30,00 contacts into my outlook is going to increase the size of my mailbox on the exchange sever or are the crm contacts and other information store in a seperate datebase? I guess my underlining question is how does crm work with outlook, where does data get stored, how much can it impact the space on the harddrive if I synconize with crm offline? I can find any documentation on this topic, any help would be great!! Sorry I CAN NOT find any documantation on this topic. Any help would be great! "Rich" wrote: > Does anyone know if importing ...

Windows 7 Starter
Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? Thank you "JB" <open@closed.com> wrote in message news:u4cMNnFxKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? > > Thank you > Go to this area and search for any questions you have. If nothing found about your specific problem post a question in the appropriate forum. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 "JB" <open@closed.com> wrote: >Is there a forum for windows 7 starter? Microsoft has not created any newsgro...

Remoting
Can I launch with some api an application in a remote pc that is connected to the same lan? If the answer is positive, can I supply also parameters? Regards Mark Overall, the simple answer is "no". In fact, if you can do this, there is a security hole in your network large enough to drive a freight train through. Sideways. However, you can create secure techniques that can allow this; creating the security is a topic well beyond the scope we can discuss here, but what you have to do is create some kind of server process that launches the program with appropriate security cred...

Excel 2003, problem with UK date format using OLE
I have a C++ package that sends data to a spreadsheet using OLE. The package works okay in Excel 97 and Excel 2000 systems, but has a problem with Excel 2003. In Excel 2003 the "Date" column is not recognised as a date when the "Locale" is "UK" (left as "General"), but date is recognised okay when the "Locale" is "US". If I just manually enter the date in "UK" it is recognised okay. I have tried formatting the column according to the "Locale" ("MM/DD/YY" or "DD/MM/YY" or "YY/MM/DD"...