RAS to RAS demand dial-in

How do I test this kind of connection. It's 3 different domains that
need calendar sync. The main server has RAS set up to dial to the
other two and keep the connection live. It works for one of the
connections but not for the other one. I used the wizard to set them
up. When I'm starting the non-working connection on the originating
server I'm getting 647 The Account is Disabled. On the destination
server I'm getting the following Remote Access events:

The user  connected from source IP but failed an authentication
attempt due to the following reason: Authentication failed because the
user account is not enabled. Before the account can be authenticated,
a person with administrative rights for either the computer or the
domain must enable the user account.

The following error occurred in the Point to Point Protocol module on
port: VPN3-126, UserName: <Unauthenticated User>. The account is
disabled.

In the RASAUTH.log I'm finding :
IASResponse = 4, FailureReason = 0x0

What additional tests could be done to get to the bottom of it?

yaro

0
yaro137

> Authentication failed because the
> user account is not enabled.

May be just a typo on username/pw on the target machine.
jk

0
Juergen
12/18/2009 12:19:46 AM
On Dec 16, 6:08=A0pm, yaro137 <yaro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> How do I test this kind of connection. It's 3 different domains that
> need calendar sync. The main server has RAS set up to dial to the
> other two and keep the connection live. It works for one of the
> connections but not for the other one. I used the wizard to set them
> up. When I'm starting the non-working connection on the originating
> server I'm getting 647 The Account is Disabled. On the destination
> server I'm getting the following Remote Access events:
>
> The user =A0connected from source IP but failed an authentication
> attempt due to the following reason: Authentication failed because the
> user account is not enabled. Before the account can be authenticated,
> a person with administrative rights for either the computer or the
> domain must enable the user account.
>
> The following error occurred in the Point to Point Protocol module on
> port: VPN3-126, UserName: <Unauthenticated User>. The account is
> disabled.
>
> In the RASAUTH.log I'm finding :
> IASResponse =3D 4, FailureReason =3D 0x0
>
> What additional tests could be done to get to the bottom of it?
>
> yaro

I just realized there is a quite significant difference between these
2 remote RRAS servers. The one that I can't connect to is running ISA
2004 and the other servers are not.
yaro
0
yaro137
12/18/2009 12:21:40 AM
On Dec 18, 12:19=A0am, Juergen Kluth <karl@localhost> wrote:
> > Authentication failed because the
> > user account is not enabled.
>
> May be just a typo on username/pw on the target machine.
> jk

I tried that too many times to be the cause of the problem. I read
somewhere that name of the dial on demand interface has to be the same
as a the username on the other server. I'll try that.
yaro
0
yaro137
12/18/2009 9:18:21 AM

"yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 18, 12:19 am, Juergen Kluth <karl@localhost> wrote:
>> > Authentication failed because the
>> > user account is not enabled.
>>
>> May be just a typo on username/pw on the target machine.
>> jk
>
> I tried that too many times to be the cause of the problem. I read
> somewhere that name of the dial on demand interface has to be the same
> as a the username on the other server. I'll try that.
> yaro

  If it is a site to site link, then the username you use to connect must
match the name of the demand-dial interface on the answering router. This is
ensure that the routing is set up correctly.

   The answering router has a subnet route back to your site (so that the
two sites can route). The subnet route is linked to the demand-dial
interface, and only becomes active when the demand-dial interface connects.
If this doesn't happen you only get a host route back and machines behind
router cannot route to the other site.

0
Bill
12/19/2009 1:02:33 AM
On Dec 19, 1:02=A0am, "Bill Grant" <not.available@online> wrote:
> "yaro137" <yaro...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> >> May be just a typo on username/pw on the target machine.
> >> jk
>
> > I tried that too many times to be the cause of the problem. I read
> > somewhere that name of the dial on demand interface has to be the same
> > as a the username on the other server. I'll try that.
> > yaro
>
> =A0 If it is a site to site link, then the username you use to connect mu=
st
> match the name of the demand-dial interface on the answering router. This=
 is
> ensure that the routing is set up correctly.
>
> =A0 =A0The answering router has a subnet route back to your site (so that=
 the
> two sites can route). The subnet route is linked to the demand-dial
> interface, and only becomes active when the demand-dial interface connect=
s.
> If this doesn't happen you only get a host route back and machines behind
> router cannot route to the other site.

This may just be it. I'll test it and let you know. Thanks
yaro
0
yaro137
12/23/2009 11:25:26 AM
On Dec 23, 11:25=A0am, yaro137 <yaro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 1:02=A0am, "Bill Grant" <not.available@online> wrote:
>

> > "yaro137" <yaro...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

..

> > > I tried that too many times to be the cause of the problem. I read
> > > somewhere that name of the dial on demand interface has to be the sam=
> > > as a the username on the other server. I'll try that.
> > > yaro
>
> > =A0 If it is a site to site link, then the username you use to connect =
must
> > match the name of the demand-dial interface on the answering router. Th=
is is
> > ensure that the routing is set up correctly.
>
> > =A0 =A0The answering router has a subnet route back to your site (so th=
at the
> > two sites can route). The subnet route is linked to the demand-dial
> > interface, and only becomes active when the demand-dial interface conne=
cts.
> > If this doesn't happen you only get a host route back and machines behi=
nd
> > router cannot route to the other site.
>
> This may just be it. I'll test it and let you know. Thanks
> yaro

No, it doesn't work. It works fine though when I create a standard VPN
connection in Network Connections window. There is no site to site
link between these domains. I thought there is but I double checked
and it's not the case as they now on SDSL. On the destination ISA
server I have a Protocol Rule set up to allow all traffic coming from
my user. On the demand dial domain in RAS I created an interface with
the name exactly as the name of that user account. When attempting to
connect I'm getting "Unable to establish connection. The VPN server
may be unreachable or the security parameters may not be correct". Why
then it works in the first case without any problems.
yaro
0
yaro137

Which dialog control meets my demand ?
Hi NG, I have objects associated with 0-n properties (a string identifier for the name of the property and a float for the value). What I am looking for is a way to show these properties in a dialog where you have some kind of a table with the property name and the adjustable value. The controls would be like one Static Text and one Edit Control but how do I manage the 0-n ? Any idea ? thanx thats a design decision that is up to you or whoever is specifying your requirements. if you don't have any requirements then you will have to make a decision based on what you think your users ma...

Dial up Problem
I've two users who dial in (via modems) to collect mail, both have WinXp pro laptops, one with OL2k and the other OL2k3. Both can login to the domain and browse the two NT4 servers - nt-pdc (data files) and nt-bdc (exchange), but only the OL2k box can connect to the exchange. When I try to add an exchange account for the OL2k3 user, I enter the exchange name and mailbox name and 'check name' - all that happens is the app 'hangs'. I've put both server IP's in LMHOSTS and tried various authentication methods - MSCHAP, CHAP, etc - with the same result. I found KB813...

LAN/RAS connection problem
Hello, I have a POP3 server installed on my PC. I have configured Outlook 2003 with "127.0.0.1" for the POP3 server and "smtp.free.fr" for the SMTP server. The connection is configured : LAN connection otherwise RAS connection if Outlook is offline. When I press the "test" button it works well (if no mail to send, no RAS connection. No error message) and outlook receive the incoming mails from the local POP server. BUT when I try in the normal way (with 1 mail in the outbox) , Outlook say that he can't see the SMTP server (and of course he doesn't connec...

demande
j arrive pas a chenger ma email pour envayer desodifier ma encien adressse tent fair pour mext.comm ...

RAS to RAS demand dial-in
How do I test this kind of connection. It's 3 different domains that need calendar sync. The main server has RAS set up to dial to the other two and keep the connection live. It works for one of the connections but not for the other one. I used the wizard to set them up. When I'm starting the non-working connection on the originating server I'm getting 647 The Account is Disabled. On the destination server I'm getting the following Remote Access events: The user connected from source IP but failed an authentication attempt due to the following reason: Authentication ...

exceptional demand
There is a check box on the Sales Line item Detail screen titled 'exceptional demand'. The help screen states: If you use ordered quantities to calculate sales forecasts, mark this option if the line item constitutes demand that is more than what is typical for an item-site. This type of demand will be treated differently by a forecasting system. I tested this and MRP does not handle the exceptional demand any differently that regular demand. Does anyone know what the 'exceptional deamnd' indicator does? -- MikeS ...

Is RAS broken in VC7 ?
.... or is it something I'm doing ? The code works on VC6, but in RasDialFunc1, when I do AfxGetMainWnd () it returns null and the system locks up. Has something changed ? I changed WINVER and filled in a few exrea fields in RASCONN and it seemed to get round the problem. I always thought that was why you put a the sizeof value in dwSize in these structures so that the object code could work out what version was being used but obviously not. Ian Semmel wrote: > ... or is it something I'm doing ? > > The code works on VC6, but in RasDialFunc1, when I do AfxGetMainWnd ...

Outlook and dial-up.
I'm thinking of getting Office 2010 with Outlook and I would like to know since I have dial-up if that will present any problems in connecting Outlook to my email accounts. Thanks for the help. Frank pawnraider wrote: > I'm thinking of getting Office 2010 with Outlook and I would like to > know > since I have dial-up if that will present any problems in connecting > Outlook > to my email accounts. Thanks for the help. > > Frank No, it won't be a problem. it will work just fine (but slow) over dialup. Larry the IT Guy --------...

No automatic dial-up
I am using Outlook2002. There is no automatic dial up when I start Outlook. I think this is caused by using two profiles (I have to make a choice first which profile I want to use). Can someone confirm this or even better does someone know the solution? Outlook 2002 and higher will dial up on launch once you set an automatic polling interval for a mail account in Tools > Send/Receive Groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025601c3c93a$09569060$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook2002. > Th...

RAS Connectivity
I have a remote user who uses RAS to connect with our domain. This has been working fine for months and now we have a problem. This user is able to access the domain via RAS with no problem, but when he opens Outlook 2000, his machine makes no effort to connect to the Exchange server. He was working fine when he logged off on Sep 21 and when he came to work on Sep 22, this issue started. Thinking that maybe he had inadvertently changed the settings in Outlook to "work offline", we created a new Outlook profile for him, but that didn't fix the problem. I have been thru all...

Remote Access Connection (RAS) over satellite on XP3
Client Machine(where I connect from) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 10.5/11. Host Machine(where I connect to) - XP Service Pack 3, PcAnywhere 11. When I connect using PcAnywhere 10.5/11 to a host machine, I have problem whereby the remote connection is super slow. When the connection is establised, you need to count of 20 - 30 before it gets to load other windows/screens/pages. For your information, how the host receive a signal is via satellite. So how I connect to the host basically, the remote access has to go through the satellite dish > Indoor Unit (IDU) > 3Com Swi...

Access 2007 and Access demand
Access is a wonderful DB. Looking for general discussion here. Those who participate here appear to LOVE Access..I do. Dice.com has new discussion boards. J2EE and .Net have "demand", but others there say not so. So..for many of us, Access is our Profession. It appears a recession is soon. The best way to find work now is??? I've been Programming Access for years for 2 major companies, the work still is there, but the hours are decreasing. Would looking to program Access at smaller companies be wise...I saw that 78% of USA companies have 25 or less employees. TIA - B...

RAS System Error = 1060
When I closed down my desktop on 9.12.09 (running XP Home) Windows automatically downloaded updates before shutting down itself. When I try to access the internet I get the following message "RAS System Error = 1060". I now cannot access the internet and appear to have lost all entries in my "Network Connections" folder. Can anyone please help? ...

RAS and Exchange 2000
I've run into a problem since upgrading to Active Directory and Exchange 2000. My workers with home PCs used to simply dial in through RAS and open Outlook with the old NT4 domain and Exchange 5.5. Now they are dialing into AD and when they open Outlook, it says that they don't have permission to login and won't open their mailbox. They still have access to everything else in the domain. The strange thing is that the people with company laptops who take them home and dial in don't have any problems. I'm suspecting that it has something to do with these laptops being jo...

Dialing from Outlook
I would like to be able to use Outlook to dial my phone numbers, as it can at the moment. However, when I click on talk, I would like the sound to go via my head set plugged into my PC instead of having to pick up the handset. Is this possible? Even better, I would like to be able to record the conversations on to hard disk as a Journal or Phone Call Entry. Can anybody help? Is this possible? Please reply to Nik@Korda[REMOVE THIS].Biz You need to pick up the handset for the call to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

Outlook Hangs after 15 minutes using RAS
I'm dialing into Windows 2000 RAS on an NT 4.0 network running Exchange 5.5. My client is running Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000. It's the same laptop used directly on the office LAN. It connects perfectly, but after about 15 minutes Outlook hangs. Any hints or places to look for troubleshooting information? I have IAS logs but they're not very helpful. ------------------------------------------------ Steve Gross IT Manager Fette America (973) 586-8722 ...

How to make MRP consider field service demand
On GP 9, how can we have MRP consider field service demand. We enter service calls and have inventory on backorder on these service calls but MRP does not consider it. Any input is welcome on how others have handled this. Thank you. ...

How do I create a supply and demand chart?
I am trying to make a supply and demand chart on Excel, and I need the price values on the y-axis and the quantity values on the x-axis. The problem is that Excel automatically puts the price values on the x-axis and the quantity values on the y-axis. How do I switch them around? Put the x-values in the leftmost column Make an XY chart not a Line chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "lindseyanne1" <lindseyanne1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55076F2D-638E-4432-881C-6EB82641BDB2@microsoft.com... >...

Adee Kaye Mens Navigator Pilot Chronograph Watch w/ White Dial
Price:$480.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001MODZGY Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001MODZGY This brand new authentic Adee Kaye watch is brought to you by JS Jewelers a authorized Adee Kaye Dealer. Stunning combination of Stainless Steel and White Dial with Chronograph, makes this a very atractive and functional watch. This Timepiece features a classic and elegand design and is guaranteed to start many conversations with its bold yet classic look. If you can only buy one watch for casual and dressup, this is the one to get. All our watches feat...

outlook dial-up problem
Outlook 2000 in IMO. My ISP occasionally is engaged when Outlook does its automatic "connect to server" routine, and it appears to just try the once and gives me an error message if it can't connect. Is there anyway of getting Outlook to redial if the line is engaged? (I use the "Connect via Phone Line" option in the Connection settings) Thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Need Help with RAS and Outlook
I have a Mixed-Mode network, with Windows NT 4.0 as my domain controller and Logon Authorizer and Windows 2000 Server as my RAS machine. I have set my IP Address Assignment with 5 static IP address pool. The dial-up works fine, I get dial tone every time and connect. Most of my users are people who use the same laptops (all with Windows 2000 Pro) in the office and remotely. All users have checked the box "Use Windows Logon" in their dialing properties. Since they use the same laptop in both cases, the login domain is always the same. This all seems to work fine for email throug...

Can drop down fields be filled in on demand
Is it possible to have a dropdown field and have the end user fill in something other than what is listed? IE: For the lead source have the person who is inputing the contact input something other than what is listed. Thanks! only options are the one in the list. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "IRA" <IRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18E5AE6F-7638-408E-89D2-F77F25CCE482@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have a dropdown field and have the end user fill in > some...

preventing outlook from dialing in automatically
I am having a problem with Microsoft Outlook Ver. 2000 I have taken out the suggested settings on the Microsoft Website to prevent the program from connecting automatically but to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Kind regards Martin Kerrigan Is your machine set to connect to the Internet automatically when needed (in IE)? "Martin Kerrigan" <martyk@nireland.com> wrote in message news:080b01c3aa9a$82c06c00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am having a problem with Microsoft Outlook Ver. 2000 > I have taken out the suggested settings on the Microsoft > We...

Ed B., I demand a reboot
Wait-a-minute Ed-- you're 16?????!!!???? At least, that's what I get from your website. Okay, that explains a lot! And I'm not discrediting your opinions and experience solely on basis of a number, mind you, but I'm guessing (just guessing) you haven't spent a lot of time in corporate America (your location also playing a part in that). Here's where I'm coming from, in a nutshell: the scenarios, needs, wants, rants, raves and nitpicks I've bounced off you are all borne of frustrating experiences using Office products in a corporate workflow. With all due re...

Dial over GAL
Hi @ all, is there a way to dial directly over the Global Address List in Exchange?? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Tim On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:40:13 +0200, "OnlyME" <nospam@invalid> wrote: >Hi @ all, > >is there a way to dial directly over the Global Address List in >Exchange?? > >Thanks in advance. > >Best regards, >Tim Dial ? ...