Programmatically report the configuration of Windows 2008 granular audit settings

I'm trying to read how the granular audit sub-category settings in
Windows 2008 like Logon/Logoff=96Special Logon, Policy Change=96Audit
Policy Change etc. are configured on a machine & write this to a .csv
file report

Is there a way to do this programmatically? For instance, read a
certain file or registry values for each sub-category setting? I've
read on how to use auditpol.exe & wEvtUtil.exe at the command prompt
0
trey

Programmatically Minimizing my App?
Hi, How can I programmatically Minimizing my App? Thanks, Scott Metzger Try ::ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_SHOWMINIMIZED /* or SW_FORCEMINIMIZE in W2K & XP */ ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Scott Metzger" <NOSPAMScott.Metzger@york.com> wrote in message news:3F621CDB.2060406@york.com... > Hi, > > How can I programmatically Minimizing my App? > > Thanks, > Scott Metzger > ...

How do I set up Outlook so that it doesn't disconnect from the int
How do I set up Outlook so that it doesn't automaticaly disconnect from the internet after receiving emails using a dialup connection? Set your connection type to LAN. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "iron_man" <iron_man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8A7C79-8260-4891-A62D-8A196D14F95C@microsoft.com... > How do I set up Outlook so that it doesn't automaticaly disconnect from > the > internet after receiving emails using a dialup connection? ...

Duplicate UPC Report
I have this SQL query I ran to find duplicate UPCs in RMS: SELECT ItemLookupCode, ItemLookupCode, COUNT(*) FROM Item GROUP BY ItemLookupCode, ItemLookupCode HAVING COUNT(*) > 1 Am I able to insert this into a custom report so I can have the ability to bring up the item properties window and make changes from there? I guess an extended question is on custom reports, where do I put the SQL queries? Thanks for your help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005D_01CAA66A.A65A7250 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Tr...

Create Requisitions Programmatically
Hi I need some help creating Requisitions programmatically. Here is the process that we want to follow. 1.. Vendors drop their files in a directory 2.. The program reads the files and performs some validations. 3.. A new Requisition should created automatically Can someone please give me some guidance and where possible some sample code to perform the above. I am strong in .NET development but is a newbie in GP. I have the development environment setup and is going through eConnect documentation. All help is greatly appreciated. TIA walterd ...

Can't find file from Windows 7 on XP
I saved a word document on my flash drive from Windows 7. I do not have a working printer so I am at the library trying to print it out but I cannot find the file. Is this because I am on a diffferent OS? I am on XP now. I should be able to pull up any file I was told regardless of the OS. Assuming that the computers at the library have a version of Word that can read the file, you should be able to print it. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "mosakitty" <mosakitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C155E4F-BE70-4A59-9090-2213C0A02DC7...

Tab sequence programmatically..
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

Print 7 days of data on a report
I need to print 7 days worth of a report. I tried Today()+7 and DATE()+ 7 to give me 7 days but no joy. Can someone help Thanks AL If you wanted the previous 7 days, you might try this in the Criteria row in query design under your date/time field: >= Date() - 7 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "AL Rios" <ALRios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4556A605-5F5F-42B8-AF55-6574CD83EB4D@microso...

Why is the scheduled task on clients set to run every 15 min?
On both XP and Win7 I've seen that the scheduled task that that executes TriggerClientJob.dll runs every 15 min even though the protection group is set to run every 6 hrs. Now although the schedule is running every 15 min, I'm only seeing a sync every 6 hrs. But I'm wondering why that is firing every 15 min and not set closer to the sync time. It's not causing any problems I'm just wondering why it's set like that. Good observation. For a roaming client, this helps poll the connectivity. The way the check works is that it tries every 15 minutes and ex...

Trial Balance Summary Report
How do I modify 'Trial Balance Summary' report for Financial so the report will print summary for each 'Description' instead of the 'Account'? I am using GP 7.5 with Modifier/Report Writer. Currently, my summary report prints one row for each Account but we have multiple Accounts with the exact same descriptions. Account Description Beg. Balance Debit Credit Net Change End Balance 111-123-000000-001-000 OFFICE SUPPLIES $0.00 $555.55 $0.00 $555.55 555.55 111-123-000000-002-000 OFFICE SUPPLIES $0.00 $25...

Problem with Windows Backup on Win2K8 R2
Hi everyone, I have actually a problem with Windows Backup on a Windows 2008 R2 Server standard edition. I've a server with two hard drive, each one with one partition (C and F) and one external drive (G) I've defined planned tasks on this server to make backup. (wbadmin start backup -include:c:,f: -allcritical -backuptarget:\\server\g$\backup\day1 -quiet) => this task work fine I recently have decided to make a montly backup of specifics directories by adding for each month a different task which start the 1st day of every months wbadmin start back...

export a report to a comma delimited csv file
I export the detailed section of a report to a comma delimited csv file. I MUST export both text and numerals, for example thus:- "123","abc", etc. Please note the qualifier (") The only result I can get is:- 123,"abc" Any ideas please, regards ...

OSHA Reports
In Release 8.0, if employees do not have access to all departments and all divisions (in HR Preferences, under Employee Filters), then they do not see the OSHA reports in the Injury Reports drop-down list. In order for the OSHA reports to be available, we have to go to Employee Filters and place checkmarks beside all departments and divisions. This is a major security issue because Divisional managers who print these OSHA reports now have access to employee information in other divisions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggest...

Restricted Reports appear in user Report List
In GP 9.0 I restricted access to reports for a user. Although those restricted report/option combinations did not appear in that users Report List, The Report name with options <new> did appear in the list. The user was able to go to the options page and pull down previously created (and restricted) options. The report would not print, but the options were available for view. Our suggestion would be that a report should not be in the report list if they can't print the report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

interactive report
I am running CRM 3.0. I am using the default 'case summary table' in the reports section. I set the filters to pull up by a specific customer and resolved cases for the past month. I run the report, I then click on the total tickets closed for this client. I am given a 'case summary detail'. I then export this to PDF (this PDF is what I send my client with the invoice). So my question is this: Is there a way to export the data that is in the 'link' on the PDF? I would like my client to be able to click the case number on the summary table to look at the ...

How can i set the IMS to send emails Under 56K modem?
How can i set the IMS to send emails Under 56K modem? I want to set the Internet mail service to send out the emails like sina.com, yahoo.com, msn.com etc.. via modem, but it always shows "Host Unreachable" in the internet mail service queue. then could s.b. tell me how to set it. thanks. You've got to configure he Dial up Connections tab on the Internet Mail Service. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fsupport%2fexchange%2fcontent%2fhowtos%2fdialupims.asp#client Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

How to Lock VBProject Programmatically without SendKeys (Note:- I don't want to Unlock or crack the VBProject. Just want to Lock it Programmatically)
Hi all, I got macro in which I can Lock VBProject with SendKeys. But problem with SendKeys that they not work on every User's Computer and Users can see all the hard work which I put to create my macros. I tried to search for the sultion but I came across with the comments that its not available because of the security issues. Well i want to say that i don't want to Unlock or Cract the VBProject. I just want to Lock it Programmatically. If there is no sultion then its my message to Microsoft that they should at least put this function also that you can secure your Macros o...

Plan report
Hello, I am unable to plan my reports. What's te problem? In my eventlog on the server I get the following error: Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 28/08/2008 13:05:18 Event time (UTC): 28/08/2008 11:05:18 Event ID: 3087cda17e464ffab28d4cc620ccb39e Event sequence: 106 Event occurrence: 4 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/5/ROOT-1-128643925606093750 Trust level: Full Application Virtual Path: / Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\ Machin...

How to create a report RDL
Hi. I'm new in CRM, and i don't now what i need to create a report. I use a CRM 3.0 on a SQL 2000 server and I installed VS 2005, but i can't see the business intellegence project. what i need to do? thank to all. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Less Spam Better enjoyable experience Visit : news://spacesst.com You must install the SQL reporting components on your development system. For this you will need Visual studio 2003. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrat...

consolidated report
Hi, I have a table in access with the fields Date and Enquirytype. There are 5 enquiry types. I require a report that gives monthwise the number of each enquiry type. for eg. in oct 06, how many records have A type enquiry. Say the columns with enquiry type and the rows being the months. can i do this in access or is this easier to export the data to Excel and generate the report? Could someone give some pointer? I ve been using both excel and access for long but not anything done anything advanced like reports. Thanks ramesh In Access, you can use the Report Wizard to creat...

How to gracefully (programmatically) kill an app?
I have an app that runs 24x7. Occasionally (after a few weeks or so) the main UI thread hangs on an odd machine. I have not been able to duplicate the problem in the lab. As a temporary solution I'm thinking of killing the app when it is detected that the thread is hung. The problem is that I can't find a way of killing it gracefully - i.e. like a task manager. I would not like to see any popups from CRT library or from the OS when the app is killed. I'd appreciate _any_suggestions. thanks, Bogdan PostMessage(hwnd,WM_CLOSE,0,0); This is the simple way to close one ap...

My first Report
Hi, I want to know how can I do to modify or create new reports on CRM. Thanks for your help! Regards, CL Hi Take a look at the report writers guide. This should give you plenty of help. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa645137.aspx -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Cl" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to know how can I do to modify or create new reports on CRM. > > Thanks for your help! > > Regards, > > CL ...

Question on setting the server date back, and sending SOP transact
Hello, We have been sending monthly billing transactions to GP, but this month we ran into some issues and we were not able to send transactions on time. What we did is today we set the server time back to October 31st, as if we are processing on October 31st, however I am getting the following error when I tried to get the next Document number from GP using e-connect Misc routine. THe code is below. If I leave the server time alone, it runs just fine. How can I get around this issue? I don't even know why GP cares? I already checked and the Fiscal period for October is not yet clo...

pop up password window
Everytime I press send/receive in outlook 2003 a pop up window opens up and asks me to save password to password list, even though I check the dont ask me again box , this happens every time First go verify the password is correct by going to login from the ISP webpage or you can go to www.mail2web.com once that is done, try creating a new profile http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829918 if that doesn't work a registry key might be corrupt http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;235861 this says it is for outlook 98 and 2000 but it is the sam...

Totals are doubled when report is a sub report
Hi, I hope someone can help before what remaining hair I have is torn out! I have a report which is a list of names from a query and then for each day of the week it shows the time that person is due to be in and leave. That is a simplifies view but pretty much it. In the format section of that report I keep a count of the number of people in for each day and each possible start and end time, All this is good and works. However when I add this report to another as a sub report, the totals I'm keeping are doubled. On c hecking I found that the subreports Format section was...

Outlook will not work after windows update on Windows 7
Hi this week i have 3 machines that are run Win 7 enterprise that after a windows update will not run outllook. when you start outlook you get the outlook has errored message when you start it again you are offered safe mode, if you say no the above happens, if you say yes then it does the same the next time if offers a detect and repair, that doesn't solve it i've tried trashing the profile and recreating it, no better i've had to resort to doing a system restore before the update, which solves the problem. when the update is applied the errors start agai...