Permissions problems

I'm running a vbscript under Server 2008 terminal services, logged in as
a regular user.  The script is called from a .cmd file, and is supposed
to create a second .cmd file for some automated processing we do.  I
have given Full Control permissions to Users and to Authenticated Users
for the folder in which the file is to be created, but my script is
still getting "Permission denied" errors.

I have no trouble manually creating or editing (with notepad) the file
that the script is trying to process, but the script always throws this
"permission denied error".

Where do I go to adjust the permissions that my scripts have on files?

--
/~\ The ASCII
\ / Ribbon Campaign

newsgroups if possible).

0
David

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:47:12 -0500, David Kerber
<dkerber@WarrenRogersAssociates.com> wrote:

>I'm running a vbscript under Server 2008 terminal services, logged in as
>a regular user.  The script is called from a .cmd file, and is supposed
>to create a second .cmd file for some automated processing we do.  I
>have given Full Control permissions to Users and to Authenticated Users
>for the folder in which the file is to be created, but my script is
>still getting "Permission denied" errors.
>
>I have no trouble manually creating or editing (with notepad) the file
>that the script is trying to process, but the script always throws this
>"permission denied error".
>
>Where do I go to adjust the permissions that my scripts have on files?

The permissions are those of the logged in user account. There are no separate
permissions for scripts.

Sometimes the "permissions denied" error is associated with a different cause
like not having a certain mapped drive available.
--
Dave Mills
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:47:12 -0500, David Kerber
> <dkerber@WarrenRogersAssociates.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm running a vbscript under Server 2008 terminal services, logged in as
> >a regular user.  The script is called from a .cmd file, and is supposed
> >to create a second .cmd file for some automated processing we do.  I
> >have given Full Control permissions to Users and to Authenticated Users
> >for the folder in which the file is to be created, but my script is
> >still getting "Permission denied" errors.
> >
> >I have no trouble manually creating or editing (with notepad) the file
> >that the script is trying to process, but the script always throws this
> >"permission denied error".
> >
> >Where do I go to adjust the permissions that my scripts have on files?
>
> The permissions are those of the logged in user account. There are no separate
> permissions for scripts.

That's what I thought, but thanks for confirming.

> Sometimes the "permissions denied" error is associated with a different cause
> like not having a certain mapped drive available.

That's where I looked first, but none of the usual suspects seem to be
the culprit this time.  I'll keep digging.

--
/~\ The ASCII
\ / Ribbon Campaign

newsgroups if possible).

0
David

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Symbol LS9208 moving control problem
Hello Everyone ------------------------------------- I bought a symbol ls9208 scanner, but I am facing problem with its programming. Everytime I scan the barcode I have to press enter key 5 times to move to the next line. Any easy fix for this problem. Regards Amit ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 40742 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## If you should ...

Problem resolution for obscure problem of not being able to send emails
I thought I would get this into the record for the benefit of others having trouble with an obscure email problem. The symptom is that all of a sudden you can no longer send emails. Variations are that you can send emails, but not replies to emails; another is that problem is intermittant. Various similar error messages come back from the smtp server, but are all related to the smtp server closing the connetion. Keywords from the error messages and smtp log are inserted below. From my research, apparently everyone is baffled as to the cause, including Microsoft. Here is the solution for ...

problem with NavigateUrl
hi asp.net 3.5 On my site I have a menu control where I've put all the menu controls. The problem is that when staying on one page and navigating to another page, that page is not found: If I'm on ~/Pages/MyPage.aspx and wants to navigate to ~/Admin/SqlExceptions.aspx Then I get an error saying that ~/Pages/SqlExceptions.aspx don't exists - of course that webpage doesn't exists, it hasa the wrong directory. But I did specify the correct directory in the mennu control, that makes it more confusing.. here is markup of the menu controls in trouble: <as...

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

recurring task problem
I've been having a problem with recurring tasks failing to recur as set up. I evaluate plants every two weeks during the season. I set up Outlook to recur the task two weeks after the first completion and to recur 3-4 times. My problem is that the tasks do not always recur as I expected. Sometimes they will recur once and sometimes not at all. Does anyone have any experience with this particular problem? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Powerpoint Master Bullets Problem
I'm using Powerpoint 2003 and trying to take an old presentation and re-brand it with a new template. I have a saved template with a master containing the format and bullet points that I want. So I select all slides in the old presentation, copy, and paste into my new template. This was working for me earlier with other presentations, but now using a different set of presentations, the bullet points are not adhering to the master slide. They are just staying the same as the old one. Can someone help me figure out why the bullets won't change to the master slide t...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

Cell reference formula problem
I have problems finding the correct formula for my Excel problem. My spread sheet is used for statistics for my web shop. In column A I have values representing sales figures for each order. In column B I have a figure representing number of orders during a day. These calculations work. Note that column B consists mostly of blanks. In column C I want to calculate the turnover for all orders that day. Example: Col A Col B Col C Row 3 150 4 1881 Row 4 143 Row 5 593 Row 6 995 Row 7 498 3 1056 Row 8 127 Row 9 ...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

pop3 problem #2
When I open outlook after booting up my computer, the incoming mail address under servers in my account info has reset to "localhost" from what should be a pop3.server.net address. My account name also adds a "/pop3.server.net" tag after my name. Any suggestions? Thanks This is your antivirus software's doing, not Outlook's. Check with the mfr. to see if they have a newer version that scans mail in a more sophisticated manner or change to another product that does same. Some may suggest disabling your AV software's mail scanning feature, which will also w...

How many iterations were needed to solve a problem?
When using iteration (circular references with the iteration option checked) is there any way of determining how many iterations were needed to reach a satisfactory answer? Some spreadsheets that I used (a long time ago) used to have a variable that stored the number of iterations, and the variable could then be used in further calculations. I can't see how to get this information in Excel. Is there a way of doing it? Gary It's bad practice to do multiple posts. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Gary" wrote: > When using iteration (circular references with the iteration o...

Outlook XP, sychronization over VPN problems
Hi, I have a user running Win 2k with Outlook 2002 (to run a View Sonic palm that he purchased) and when he is online in the office, through the LAN, Outlook works fine. The problem arises when he either dials in or uses DSL from home, after he connects to our VPN and gets into Outlook, the synchronization process starts immediately and runs often. He says it often takes him 30 minutes to write an email because the synchronization happens so often that it is hanging up his computer. I think I have shut off the Auto Synch feature but it still happened. I was on MS website and they l...

status bar problem
I added a new pane to my default statusbar of my formview project, but I can't seem to write text to it. I had declared ID_INDICATOR_DATE in the string table and in the indicators array in MainFrm.cpp. Then in the overridden OnTimer() function I declare pointer to the MainFrm class and write to the pane. If I use another seperator pane it works fine, but not with the pane that I created and I was wondering if someone might know what I am doing wrong. Z.K. It's hard to say without seeing your code, but here's an article with some code examples that might help you: http...

Printing Problem #8
I have a client using Office 2000 that prints out a simple excel orde form to a certain printer but the form prints fine for the first coupl of pages but 1. doesnt print the desired amount of requested pages. 2. the last page has gibberish replacing most of the text. The document was saved as a different document and the print job o this new document to a different printer had good results. Printing t the original networked printer however produced the same results. Is it the document or the printer? All other documents from the use to the affected printer do come out fine! Help -- Mess...

Problem with BulkLoad ?
I want to insert file xml to database. I configurate all files how to say on this web : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316005/en-us and I have a error: 800A01AD (when I want to use a insertcustomers.vbs) Do you have any idea? for any help, thanks -- Pozdrawiam ´┐Żukasz ...

Move to folder problem in outlook 2007
I've created folders in my inbox, but I created too many. After I had deleted them, I discovered they are still showing in the folder 'Move to folder'. When you select the folder, which has been deleted it come up with an error message saying it can't be opened. How do I get rid of these folders showing? "Bindi" <Bindi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ED99B14-2553-4FB7-A8B1-4BEE1EEE3B1C@microsoft.com... > I've created folders in my inbox, but I created too many. After I had > deleted them, I discovered they are st...

problem with dependency on atl71.dll
Hello, I have problem removing dependency on atl71.dll. I've tried these: defining /D "_ATL_STATIC_REGISTRY" and Properties->Config->General->UseOfATL : Static Link To ATL din't helped, still asking for missing dll when trying register my dll on Win2k. When I supply atl71.dll it's fine, but not sure if this is safe solution. can somebody advise on that? thanks Post this in ATL group instead (or atleast cross-post) --- Ajay ...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

URL/link problems, isv.config, window.dialogArguments
Hi, I created a new webSite (and virtual directory) in the same server of CRM (3.0) but another port (I can´t keep CRM and my webSite in the same port). I changed the isv.config and add a button with a URL that link to page in my webSite: <ToolBar ValidForCreate="0" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="CORPORE --> CRM" Url="http://myServerNname:85/Corpore.NET/CRMMSIntegraAlunoCorporeCRMMSProcessando.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams="dialogHeight: 400px; dialogWidth: 600px; dialogTop: px; dialogLeft: px; edge:...

proxy problems
I WiFi connect at a lot of places, including the library a few blocks from my house. The library uses BlueSocket for authentication. They use a proxy to surf the net on their system, and I type in that proxy from my laptop and either ethernet or wifi in. My problem is that I can't get Outlook to work under their proxy. Normally outlook just sucks the proxy off explorer, and that works. It's not working in this case. I just get a 0x800ccc0e error (Unable to find server.) Can I set up separate proxies in Outlook? And is that what I need to do? Any help, please? ...

2002 passport problem
When I sign into Money 2002, it says "Money is unable to verify your Online sign in. Money will now try to log you in using Work Offline sign in. Some online features, such as background banking, will be unavailable, possibly because of network problems. To use these online features, please Close Money and try to sign in again later." This happens every time I start Money. But after I'm in money, doing internet updates works fine, my web browser works fine, and I can log into passport outside of money. The problem is things like background banking never work b/c I...

Exception problem catch(...) => memory leak ?
Hi., I use CRecordset::Open(...) to open a recordset using ODBC/SQL. I have: try { rs.Open( ... ) } catch( ... ) // catch all errors { } When exception is thrown, it creates a memory leak. If I however excplicitly call: catch(CDBException* pE) { pE->Delete(); } Then the problem is solved. In other words, the ellipsis does not seem to prevent a CDBException object from being created. I thought catch(...) could be used to catch whatever, without having to worry about deleting anything. Was I wrong? ICK! Lisa "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:...

Share Permissions
Hello, I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a share on a another file server. I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even whether you can. Any help appreciated. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:858F440D-1A9E-4B44-8E32-CFB9774906D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a > share on a another file server. > I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even > ...

Load XML to DataSet Problem