Not a master browser error.

We have a Windows network with both Windows 2000 & 2003 servers, clients
are XP with some Macs that authenticate logons within AD. Recently our
"System" log file became full with the same error & warning messages over &
over, they are:

The warning message is:
"The browser has received a server announcement indicating that the
computer W2KSERVER2 is a master browser, but this computer is not a master
browser."

The error message is:
"A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network.  The IP address of
the machine that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in a
command window to see which name is in the Conflict state."

I'm figuring that the 2 messages relate to the same problem, which is that
we have 2 computers with the same name on our network. The "nbtstat -n"
command doesn't give me much info & if I try 'net view' I get the error
"System error 6118 has occurred. The list of servers for this workgroup is
not currently available".

Can anyone give any advice on how to troubleshoot this error?

Regards, Jason
0
Jazsnap

mail merge error message
When I try to do a mail merge from Outlook using a contact file, I get the message "The operation failed due to network or other communication problems. Check your connections and try again." This happens whether Word is running or not. I'm not using a network and it used to work fine. Help! Post your Outlook version. Ensure that Outlook is your default mail application and that your Outlook profile is configured correctly with a mail transport. Turn off Antivirus before you start the merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mdc" <mdc@discussions.microsoft....

error 2349
MS says it 's because I may have used a DVD or CD -R to install, duh it worked fine on inital install but the disks are useless after that. Any real solutions besides ripping my DVD out of my laptop? Can you replace my disks offer a patch? For more info see; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302399 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "ttturner@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e93b01c46b73$d411bd80$a5...

MS Publisher: How to change master pages w/o opening the master?
I have numerous different master pages that work in all of my documents. I would like to change master pages in a document without having to open the master page. Is there any kind of shortcut keys. Cuttently I have to hit "ctrl m" then close the master to get the "apply master page" window open to change masters. Doesn't the Master Page task pane open? Right-click the toolbar, customize, view, drag the Master Page to the toolbar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JimO" <JimO@d...

Master Post - Financial Series
Hello, we have Post TO GL so after posting in the sub series, there are batches in the Financial series that need to be posted. But how do I view the transactions that make up those batches? When I mark / unmark a line and click the Batch ID hyperlink then the Transaction button, it doesn't display any transactions. What is the best way to review the transactions that make up a batch in Master Post - Financial Series? Thanks, MP MP, The same Batch Entry window opens from Master Posting as from any other area in GP. When you click on the Transactions button, you have ...

Excel embedded in web browser
Hi all, need help in solving this myth. I needed my users to click on the EXCEL icon from the Online Apps that was developed with VB.NET containing data they've requested. Intentionally, I wanted those data to be display in the EXCEL CONSOLE. But somehow, without knowing how, it started to download those data to EXCEL EMBEDDED IN POPUP WEB BROWSER instead. Since I have it configure to be a "Menuless" frame, so users with EXCEL EMBEDDED IN POPUP WEB BROWSER cannot save the file at all. Question 1: Why is this happening? Question 2: How to resolve this from happening? Thank...

Update Master Project
Hello, I have two Projects located in the same folder. They are named Master and KTR Updates. Is it possible to use vba to update the master Project with updates from the KTR Updates project? Each week I receive a new KTR updates project from KTR production. I've queried this group for this issue but was not able to locate one. Updates could possibly include updates in progress(% compl), start, finish, actual start, actual finish. Updates may also have completed tasks removed from the KTR updates Project as well as new tasks added. I'm primarily interested in acq...

ms money 2002/ error msg
When entering items into the register, if i do not use the mouse to click on enter i get a msg stating that this transaction cannot be entered?????? why. This is a new problem and has only occured since i have reformated the restored bacup of money. ...

Error in exporting smartlists
We have created a set of smartlists and we are tying to export them to an XML file using smartlist builder export utility. When I try to export I get following error: Syntax error: 'SmartList_ID in ('BM_CONSOLTRANS','BM_FGPRODSUMM','BM_FMCLASS','BM_FMSTATUS','BM_FORMULA','BM_FORMULAS2','BM_GLTRX_BYBATC','BM_INPROCQCDTL','BM_INPROC'. inout anonymous table SLB_Export_Text_TEMP; inout anonymous field i_listview; local long ll_list_item; local integer i; local boolean lb_return; local string ls_column_value[100]; ...

error importing pst files
when trying to convert the old non-unicode PST file to a unicode PST file, I recieve a message that says "file folder pst already in use" and then it does not allow me to proceed. any ideas? -- Dono Since importing would never be the correct way to do this, one must wonder what you are doing and why. You provided no information. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dono" <Dono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6531522B-A602-497A-86F1-8911C99DD380@microsoft.com... > when trying to convert the old non-unicode PST file to a unicode PST file, > I ...

master template
Hi, I believe there is a way to do this but it's been quite a while since I've had to do anything like it. Is there a way to create one template datasheet as a 'master' sheet and then have several copies of the master. Whatever changes occur in the master will flow into the copies? Thanks Derek It really depends on *exactly* what your meaning of "copies" is. If you're talking about opening a 'copy' of the template, adding data and/or calculating, then *saving* under a different name in a pertinent (read other then template folder), AFAIK, the an...

Web browser ActiveX and focus
I put a web browser activex control on my form that's working fine. I also have a transparent command box on the form coded the same on some of my other forms that uses the 'On Key Press' event that calls a function when the user hits enter. Problem is on this form I can't get the box to take the focus so the user can hit enter and fire the event. Like I said, other forms work fine...I tried to use a timer function to delay setting the focus to the box for 6 secs... plenty of time for the web page to load... but the browser control seems to keep the focus. Can't ...

False 5.5.2 error.
As the admin, I have unlimited email space. (Exchange 2000 spk 4 on 2000 server)When I attempted to send myself a 8 meg message from my outside account (yahoo) It bounced with this message. [65.35.33.95 failed after I sent the message. Remote host said: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation] Why would the server say this if it isnt so. I used symantec premium for spam put that doesn't set incomming limits. Please help so I han retreve our large mail. Thank You. unlimited email storage space does not mean the same thing as unlimited message size...this messa...

MS CRM Install & Config Master Certification
I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master Certification".... I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server) Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I am already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6 exams to get this certification... I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no reply until now... Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how many exams did you take??? regards, Antoni...

Browser instances launched from messages
I have my Internet explorer browser configured to not "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts". In other words, new browser instances open in their own windows and don't share windows. But in Outlook (2000 in CW mode) when I click on links in an HTML message, the same browser window gets shared. Does anyone know of a way to change the behavior so that clicking on the links in an HTML message will cause separate unshared browser windows to open up? Thanks, joebob 256953 OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express to Open Links in E-mail Messages http://support.microsoft.com/?id=...

What is error 0x8004014F?
The operation failed. An object could not be found. The above error code. I can't use my outlook. Help. ...

how to print a master sheet together with another sheet
i need to print a master sheet with a result sheet it is in the same workbook but on a different sheet but i need to print them on one sheet ...

ATlWinModuleInit link error
I am trying to use Visual Studio .NET 2003 complier to compile my existing application. But i am getting couple of link errors... error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __stdcall ATL::AtlWinModuleInit(struct ATL::_ATL_WIN_MODULE70 *)" (? AtlWinModuleInit@ATL@@YGJPAU_ATL_WIN_ MODULE70@1@@Z) There was no problem when i used Visual Studio 6. Please help. ...

Mystery Constant Causes #Value Error
I guess I stumped everyone in excel.worksheetfunctions group 'cause no one answered July 28 post. Hope someone here has the answer. A spreadsheet displays the #Value error in many cells. Each of these cells contains a formula that simply sums 3 non-contiguous cells in the same column e.g. =SUM(B16,B14,B12). The formula toolbar indicates the reason for the error is that a cell or cells in the range contains a constant which cannot be evaluated. However, no data is visible in the referenced cells (or formula bar when they are clicked on). There are no named ranges that I can see. If I selec...

Money 2005 Premium: error in msofd.dll
XP SP2 + all updates. M05 updated to the .1105 version I go to portfolio view. Customized Standard to include cost basis. Got this error popup. Let WER do it's thing. I start M05 again and now I can't even get into portfolio view as it faults again. 1. I've uninstalled, cleaned the registry and reinstalled. No luck. 2. I've run salv on the money file. No luck. 3. I've closed all accounts with the intention of finding one that might be problematic. No luck. Is there anything I can do? Or am I completely toast? If I'm toast, I assume that I can somehow copy info...

W3SVC error
Hello everyone. I'm experiencing problems with Exchange 2000 SP3, I have an error in the Event log every five minutes on hours of high e-mail traffic that says: Event Type: Warning Event Source: W3SVC Event Category: None Event ID: 100 Date: 08/01/2004 Time: 09:51:49 User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE2K Description: The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'administrator' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. The data is the error code. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Suppor...

Help... Kitl & VMINI ping error
Hi,dear all I have some trouble in Wince 5.0 with VMINI Networking,the situation is: I enabled KITL(DHCP enabled) for debuging my OS design,the VMINI is also enabled and Loaded, I can download , launch and debug the OS successfully,but when I use IE to visit web site,It failed,the error message is "Cannot find Server or DNS",I can ping the target selft successfully,but failed to ping my host or other IP address,the ping error message is "transmit failed, error code 11010". the target's ipconfig message is: IP Address ..................:192.168.34.161 ...

master
What is meant by master and master shorcut in Microsoft Visio? A Master is a shape definition. It stores all the information about a shape: it's geometry, text, behaviors, formatting, custom properties, etc. It also stores the icon you see in the Shapes window. When you open a drawing and see shapes in the Shapes window, you are looking at Masters. You can drag a Master onto the drawing to create a Shape instance. The difference between a Master and a Shape is not that important to most users, and we often refer to both items as shapes. If you begin to create your own shapes, M...

convert slide master to title master
Hello, I am moving slides between decks, and the slide and title master have become "disconnected". I have two slide masters, and no title master. Is there a way to reconnect them without having to build the title again? Which version of PPT are you using? If it's 2003, you might just want to add a title master to the 2nd slide master (which is really your title master, right?). It should look pretty similar to the slide master, so maybe you don't have to rebuild so much. Then go to Format | Slide Design and choose the 2nd slide master -- right-click it ...

Strange error in CRM view
We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the servers on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing exceptions. The current activities can be viewed without problem. I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of the "Server cannot process request" variety. If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Hi Richard; You might have run into some database locking/blocking issues. Activities in CRM are problematic, especially when you have a large number of Outlook ...

Control of Customer/ Vendor Masters
Hi, This is a query regarding control of Customer/ Vendor Masters. We are using GP 7.50. After creation of a customer/ vendor master, you cannot alter the key field which in this case is the customer/ vendor number. However you can change the name of the customer/vendor in the card. We have given rights to a staffer to create new customers, but she now has the rights to change the names of existing customers. This was not the intention. Is there a way to allow her to create new customer, but prevent alteration of old customer cards? Thanks in advance Carl Field level security might...