How to image Server 2008?

Is it possible to image a Windows 2008 server as a backup strategy?
I currently use Norton Ghost to automatically maintain a backup image on  a
desktop PC, and would like to do the same with a 2008 file server.
I tried using Symantec Ghost Solution Suite but am unable to image the host
server with it.
Am I missing something?

0
Tom

"Tom Hill" <tomhill@tech2go.ca> wrote in message =
> Is it possible to image a Windows 2008 server as a backup strategy?
> I currently use Norton Ghost to automatically maintain a backup image =
on  a=20
> desktop PC, and would like to do the same with a 2008 file server.
> I tried using Symantec Ghost Solution Suite but am unable to image the =
host=20
> server with it.
> Am I missing something?=20

I used to use Ghost to clone workstations, laptops in a corporate =
environment. I've even used it to image Windows 2000 and 2003 servers in =
a classroom environment. However, I have not used it for 2008 because =
most of the class setups that we now use are VM based. What I can tell =
you is there are certain limitations when it comes to servers, such as =
it doesn't support RAID config. It may also have limitations when using =
the client with teamed NICs, as well as possible issues with 64 bit =
systems, depending on the version of GSS.

For server backups, I like to rely on tape, as well as enabling Shadow =
Copies. I believe Altiris will do the trick for what you want to do, but =
I haven't tried that yet with server configs. I know of two major prior =
customers that use it on their domain controllers, despite my warnings =
not to use it, because using it to recover a DC can introduce numerous =
issues within AD, such as USN Rollbacks and other replication issues to =
the point the image is useless.

Without knowing specifics, as well as not having personally used it for =
something like what you are trying to do, I would highly suggest to =
contact Symantec support.  Have you contacted them yet?

--=20
Ace

This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and =
confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit =
among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & =
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, =
please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check =
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

0
Ace
3/5/2010 2:26:04 AM
> Is it possible to image a Windows 2008 server as a backup strategy?
> I currently use Norton Ghost to automatically maintain a backup image on
> a desktop PC, and would like to do the same with a 2008 file server.
> I tried using Symantec Ghost Solution Suite but am unable to image the
> host server with it.
> Am I missing something?

Have you tried the built in Server 2008 backup? It works very well for
smaller environments. Even in a larger environment it can be useful. It
creates an image you can use to restore from bare metal by booting from DVD,
USB, or PXE.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

0
Kerry
3/6/2010 5:12:17 PM
Have you tried ShadowProtect?

You can make snapshot everyhour and in case of a disaster you can load
it into VM?

Pretty goof for $800...
0
Juraj
3/7/2010 8:39:16 AM
The Windows backup built into 2008 is already "image based".  It uses VHD
image files.  I used to hate the utility, but I have softened somewwhat on
it.  There are mulitple retore methods with it, as Kerry Brown was
mentioning.

If you start using Virtualization you can leave all this grief behind
because you just keep copies of your VM Images. You also don't have to worry
about situaitons with "differenet hardware" being a problem.

--
Phillip Windell

"Tom Hill" <tomhill@tech2go.ca> wrote in message
> Is it possible to image a Windows 2008 server as a backup strategy?
> I currently use Norton Ghost to automatically maintain a backup image on
> a desktop PC, and would like to do the same with a 2008 file server.
> I tried using Symantec Ghost Solution Suite but am unable to image the
> host server with it.
> Am I missing something?

0
Phillip
3/8/2010 3:37:05 PM
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:37:05 -0600, "Phillip Windell" <philwindell@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>The Windows backup built into 2008 is already "image based".  It uses VHD
>image files.  I used to hate the utility, but I have softened somewwhat on
>it.  There are mulitple retore methods with it, as Kerry Brown was
>mentioning.
>

>If you start using Virtualization you can leave all this grief behind
>because you just keep copies of your VM Images. You also don't have to worry
>about situaitons with "differenet hardware" being a problem.

I am think of starting to use VMs on W2008 R2. I feel that WSUS, Kaspersky Admin
Server and similar are good candidates for VM deployment but maybe Exchange
2010, SQL server etc. would be a bad candidate. Any thought on this.
--
Dave Mills
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.
"DaveMills" <DaveMills@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message =
> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 09:37:05 -0600, "Phillip Windell" =
<philwindell@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>=20
>>The Windows backup built into 2008 is already "image based".  It uses =
VHD=20
>>image files.  I used to hate the utility, but I have softened =
somewwhat on=20
>>it.  There are mulitple retore methods with it, as Kerry Brown was=20
>>mentioning.
>>

>>If you start using Virtualization you can leave all this grief behind=20
>>because you just keep copies of your VM Images. You also don't have to =
worry=20
>>about situaitons with "differenet hardware" being a problem.
>=20
> I am think of starting to use VMs on W2008 R2. I feel that WSUS, =
Kaspersky Admin
> Server and similar are good candidates for VM deployment but maybe =
Exchange
> 2010, SQL server etc. would be a bad candidate. Any thought on this.
> --=20
> Dave Mills
> There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those =
that don't.

There are mixed emotions (lack of a better word) about virtualizing =
Exchange. The Exchange folks swear by it, but from experience in the =
past, and I'm talking about 4 years ago, with a customer who had done =
that with older hardware, it was not successful. I wound up assisting to =
create a new Ex server and move everything over to it.=20

However with increased CPU speeds, memory speeds and using fast spindle =
RAID5 setups, you can do it. However, I am still old school with =
Exchange by keeping it on a physical machine. Same with SQL and a heavy =
used file server. Just about anything else can be easily virtualized, =
including DCs.

--=20
Ace

This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and =
confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup or forum for collaboration benefit =
among responding engineers, and to help others benefit from your =
resolution.

Ace Fekay, MVP, MCT, MCITP EA, MCTS Windows 2008 & Exchange 2007, MCSE & =
MCSA 2003/2000, MCSA Messaging 2003
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

If you feel this is an urgent issue and require immediate assistance, =
please contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check =
http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
0
Ace
3/9/2010 8:37:13 AM
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 06:22:09 +0000, DaveMills wrote:

> I am think of starting to use VMs on W2008 R2. I feel that WSUS, Kaspersky Admin
> Server and similar are good candidates for VM deployment but maybe Exchange
> 2010, SQL server etc. would be a bad candidate. Any thought on this.

Here's some material on virtualizing SQL Server 2008:

http://sqlcat.com/whitepapers/archive/2008/10/03/running-sql-server-2008-in-a-hyper-v-environment-best-practices-and-performance-recommendations.aspx

We've deployed one in production and it worked fine. The only thing you
should consider when deploying SQL Server on Hyper-V is the number of
processors you'll need. Hyper-V can utilize max 4 processors so if you have
requirements for more, you wouldn't be able to do that. VMWare's ESX server
can utilize 8 processors, and that's as far as it will go at least for the
near future.

Other than that, it's working fine ...
0
Matija
3/9/2010 4:12:17 PM
Matija Kapraljevic [Revenger] wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 06:22:09 +0000, DaveMills wrote:
>
>> I am think of starting to use VMs on W2008 R2. I feel that WSUS,
>> Kaspersky Admin Server and similar are good candidates for VM
>> deployment but maybe Exchange 2010, SQL server etc. would be a bad
>> candidate. Any thought on this.
>
> Here's some material on virtualizing SQL Server 2008:
>
> http://sqlcat.com/whitepapers/archive/2008/10/03/running-sql-server-2008-in-a-hyper-v-environment-best-practices-and-performance-recommendations.aspx
>
> We've deployed one in production and it worked fine. The only thing
> you should consider when deploying SQL Server on Hyper-V is the
> number of processors you'll need. Hyper-V can utilize max 4
> processors so if you have requirements for more, you wouldn't be able
> to do that. VMWare's ESX server can utilize 8 processors, and that's
> as far as it will go at least for the near future.
>
> Other than that, it's working fine ...

Hyper-V V2 (2008 R2) supports 8 physical processors and up to 64 logical
processors.

Many of the issues with virtualizing DB servers (like Exchange and SQL) have
been around I/O, both disk and network.

Recent enhancements have really made this a non issue with properly
configured hardware and hypervisor configurations.... inmo at least.

--
/kj

0
kj
3/9/2010 5:08:58 PM
Thanks all I will have think about this. The kit is HP DL380 G5&G6 Dual CPU Quad
core. The EXCH will support less than 1500 users mostly on OWA. The G6 will be a
file server with 1.3TB. System disk is Raid 1 15k SAS and data on Raid 5 SAS. So
I guess I have the headroom.

PS Its a school

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:08:58 -0700, "kj [SBS MVP]"
<KevinJ.SBS@SPAMFREE.gmail.com> wrote:

>Matija Kapraljevic [Revenger] wrote:
>> On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 06:22:09 +0000, DaveMills wrote:
>>
>>> I am think of starting to use VMs on W2008 R2. I feel that WSUS,
>>> Kaspersky Admin Server and similar are good candidates for VM
>>> deployment but maybe Exchange 2010, SQL server etc. would be a bad
>>> candidate. Any thought on this.
>>
>> Here's some material on virtualizing SQL Server 2008:
>>
>> http://sqlcat.com/whitepapers/archive/2008/10/03/running-sql-server-2008-in-a-hyper-v-environment-best-practices-and-performance-recommendations.aspx
>>
>> We've deployed one in production and it worked fine. The only thing
>> you should consider when deploying SQL Server on Hyper-V is the
>> number of processors you'll need. Hyper-V can utilize max 4
>> processors so if you have requirements for more, you wouldn't be able
>> to do that. VMWare's ESX server can utilize 8 processors, and that's
>> as far as it will go at least for the near future.
>>
>> Other than that, it's working fine ...
>
>Hyper-V V2 (2008 R2) supports 8 physical processors and up to 64 logical
>processors.
>
>Many of the issues with virtualizing DB servers (like Exchange and SQL) have
>been around I/O, both disk and network.
>
>Recent enhancements have really made this a non issue with properly
>configured hardware and hypervisor configurations.... inmo at least.
--
Dave Mills
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.
0
DaveMills
3/9/2010 10:14:32 PM
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:08:58 -0700, kj [SBS MVP] wrote:

> Hyper-V V2 (2008 R2) supports 8 physical processors and up to 64 logical
> processors.

I'm looking at the tables and it's always confusing me:
How many processors can you assign per virtual machine?
Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 could assign 4 CPUs max...

> Many of the issues with virtualizing DB servers (like Exchange and SQL) have
> been around I/O, both disk and network.

Yes, but, I/O overhead with passthrough disks is less than 10 percent, and
I'd suggest that the physical host be packed with NICs, dedicate one to
physical host only, and the others to virtual server(s) ...
0
Matija
3/9/2010 10:29:34 PM
Matija Kapraljevic [Revenger] wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 10:08:58 -0700, kj [SBS MVP] wrote:
>
>> Hyper-V V2 (2008 R2) supports 8 physical processors and up to 64
>> logical processors.
>
> I'm looking at the tables and it's always confusing me:
> How many processors can you assign per virtual machine?
> Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 could assign 4 CPUs max...

Ah, yes, *per virtual machine* it's still 4 "virtual" processors per virtual
machine. - But Hyper-V supports the higher number of physical processors and
higher number of virtual processors per Hyper-V host. Perhaps I took your
original statment in the wrong context.

>> Many of the issues with virtualizing DB servers (like Exchange and
>> SQL) have been around I/O, both disk and network.
>
> Yes, but, I/O overhead with passthrough disks is less than 10
> percent, and I'd suggest that the physical host be packed with NICs,
> dedicate one to physical host only, and the others to virtual
> server(s) ...

Agreed. virtualization IO issues can be "non issues" with proper hardware
and virtualization configurations even for demanding applications.

--
/kj

0
kj

Terminal Server Licensing
Hi All Just wondering which server I should install the Terminal Server Licensing Role... We have just installed SBS 2008 Premium....We currently have three Servers - SBS Server, 2nd Server has SQL and we had an existing Terminal Server (server 2003) in place.... Thanks Anna If you aren't planning on running Terminal Services on that SBS second server, then directly on the existing 2003 terminal server. Then explicitly point the Terminal Server at the local host, rather than have it do autodiscovery. The limitation, however, is that you can't use a 2003 serve...

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

Communication between Exchange 5.5 servers
We just got a second Exchange 5.5 server. Both of them are running on WIN2K. The servers are physically located at different locations, but we are leaning more towards configuring them to be in the same site so that we can utilize the "Move Mailbox" feature. My question is, with the servers being within the same site, is there a way to control when the servers communicate with each other, to limit the use of our WAN during peak hours? I will greatly appreciate any information you provide me. Best regards, Roger Settle roger_settle@yahoo.com No. Putting them in the ...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

setting up outlook 2003 connection to exchange server 2003
Hi my desktop disks crashed 7 months ago and I have been using my laptop (win 2k pro sp4 and outlook 2003 with vpn) for this time SUCCESSFULLY. I built a new desktop using win 2k SERVER (for the raid-mirror function). I am using the SAME settings to configure the outlook 2003 client in BOTH cases (hosts file in same location as in win2k pro, email account name, server name and vpn settings, authentication). in the article Q155048 the suggestion is made to ping the server, oddly enough I CANNOT ping microsoft.com nor the outsourced exchange server (time out), when the vpn is runni...

IMAGE
Hello I have set up some stationery but my nice crisp clean company logo looks poor qualiy when I do a test and receive it back in the email. It looks very good in outlook when sending but not so on receiving - does Outlook compress images to a certain quality - can I do something to ensure good quality image? thanks Jeff ...

Many client computers have not reported back to the server in the
Hi ; i found the following error on my event viewer . I tried to search on Google to find some solution but no luck. I need some expert advice , if you can put me in right direction that will be great. Many client computers have not reported back to the server in the last 30 days. 15 have been detected so far. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Please post back the event ID and Source... this will help us pin down the cause and (maybe) the fix. - Larry Please post the resolution to your issue so others ...

Best RBL servers ?
Hello, What's the best RBL servers ??? thanks for answering me .. Bye ! We use spamhaus.org and are happy. Someone on another newsgroup had issues with their heavyhanded blocking policies. Don Williams "Me" <yo@msf.fr> wrote in message news:O1dOflkoFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > What's the best RBL servers ??? thanks for answering me .. > > > Bye ! > > > ...

Add image over other images
Hey guys, Basically I have two pictures: A map (quite a large picture) A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Thanks in advance for any help! Am 05.05.2010 05:51, schrieb bourkeyo: > Basically I have two pictures: > > A map (quite a large picture) > A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) > > Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Take a look at the following classes/methods: 'Bitmap': Constructor and 'Save' m...

OWA & Server Applicance
1. My OWA worked fine for > 2 months; now I cannot access it -- when i give the URL I get an error mesage that the server cannot be found or DNS error 2. I have found the guilty party: I recently installed Backup Exec WEB CONSOLE which uses MS Server Appliance as its base. 3. Both OWA and Server Applicance use port 8099 questions a) has OWA somehow been overwritten and needs to be reinstalled ?? b) how can I change the dedicated port for either one away from 8099; what to change it to thank It doesn't sound like a reinstall is necessary if only the port numbers have been...

"A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients"
I'm hoping someone can offer a simple solution for this problem. Thanks much in advance. A local company is running SBS 2003 and has a domain name of "xxx.com" The partners split and the server was kept as "xxx.com" in Active Directory but the email domain was changed to "yyy.com". We couldn't change the Active Directory domain since it's not allowed in SBS 2003. So, DNS is still set up with "xxx.com". Now, when the secretary tries to send email to "oldowner@xxx.com", we receive the message in the subject above. Is there an easy...

Leave A Copy Of Messages On The Server
My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. It doesn't show up in both Outlook Express 6 nor Outlook 2003. Can anyone answer why he doesn't have this function and how to change it? He has to go into our on-line email server and delete his old messages manually. Raymund <Raymund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy > of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. What type of account? -- ...

Capturing a screen image
I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and labs where my students use Excel XP. I would like to be able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't work any more. How can I print the entire screen image in my document? Thanks, Evelyn Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button in combination with Ctrl or Shift. then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste. This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote i...

Uninstalling Exchange Server 2003 SP1
Has anyone tried uninstalling Exchange Server 2003 SP1? if so, does anyone have notes for it? Thanks. Hi Gilbert, This is from the following KB article: 328839 How to apply Exchange service packs and hotfixes http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328839 "After an Exchange service pack has been installed, it cannot be uninstalled. If you must revert to the version of Exchange that was running before the service pack was installed, you will have to remove Exchange from the computer, reinstall Exchange, and then restore the Exchange databases from a backup.&quo...

Removing old Exchange 2003 server from organization
Does someone have a link to information for removing an old (non- existent) Exchange 2003 server from a multi-exchange server organization and out of Active Directory entirely? The server was formatted before uninstalling Exchange and now there are old remnants of that server hanging around AD and Exchange. Thanks for your help! Mick Bergman If you're positive the server's been removed/formatted/redeployed, fire up ADSIEdit.msc and delete the Exchange server object from CN=Configuration,CN=Services,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=YourOrgName,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=YourAdminGroupN...

TreeCtrl and Images
I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image list. Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays the normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show normal image before the state image ? On Jan 6, 10:44=A0am, shubhishubhi <shubhishu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image l= ist. > Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays= the > normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show ...

report Server error
I get the following error when I try to view reports in DPM. Also when I open SQL management studio it wont find the SQL server and it is installed on it's self. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot impersonate user for data source 'DLS'. (rsErrorImpersonatingUser) Logon failed. (rsLogonFailed) Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070569) -- Steve Dunn MCSE www.esiindy.com I resolved it by adding $dpm2007$ local account to the local administrator...

mirror image
I put together a floor plan for a home. I need to mirror or flip the floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this. I selected the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but that only flips each shape. It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180 degrees. That is not what I need to do. I want to be able to flip the whole image. For example. The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the south side. I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me? I just tried this. Select everything, group, then flip it. Appeared to work (at l...

image of folder as embedded object
how do i show an image of a folder and corresponding title using image control? for example, would have picture of folder followed by the words full fee schedule. what to copy that image and embed in form. building online documentation for a non technical user tried inserting picture thru image control thanks for your help ...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

SQL Server Edition
Hi Experts I have serveral SQL Server and many instances under each server. I have problem in finding what are the editions of each instance. I know the following techs 1. SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition') (T-SQL and ADO) 2. select @@VERSION (T-SQL and ADO) 3. Using freeware MAP 4. reading registry 5. Looking at the \LOG\errolog file I have limitation is using this in our env. I am particularly expecting a way to read from WMI. Can anyone forward me the script to read server na...

Two or More Exchange Servers
Good Day. I have been looking around for information on the purposes/reasons of have more than one installation of Exchange 2000 within the same domain. If you have two installations of Exchange can you synchronise them so that if one has problems you can switch over and use the second? If this is not possible what reasons are there for hosting two or more? Thank you for you help. Kind Regards Paul Johnson. Well,if I have 20,000 users, I am certainly not going to put them all on one server! You can cluster servers, but its not a replication of the store. On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:15:5...

Changing a static image
I have put these lines in the OnInitDlg of a dialog CBitmap bitmap1; bitmap1.LoadBitmap(ID_BMP); ((CStatic *)GetDlgItem(ImageSecurity))->SetBitmap(bitmap1); with ID_BMP : a varaible memeber of the dlg ImageSecurity the label of the image The pb is that the image doesn't appear when the dlg is called, but the border of the image fit whell the id of the bitmap. thx a lot for any answer mathieu Your ImageSecurity static control should have SS_BITMAP style. Open the resource ( .rc ) file in a text editor and add the SS_BITMAP style. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] -------...

SBS 2008 "Run as Admin" Missing
Help!!!! I think I'm going bonkers here... I'm just trying to add a 32 bit printer to my SBS 2008 server... I'm sure when I set this server up I worked out this right click on the ADD PRINTER and select "Run as Administrator" to elevate the level of the install... I'm logged in as the Admin and run up Control Panel and right click on the ADD PRINTER and there are NO options to "Run as Administrator"..?, where have they all gone...?, I've tried everything, can any one help me...? Something must have got turned off here..., but I'...

sql 2005 versus 2008
I have a couple the questions to ask about sql server 2005 versus sql server 2008 since I am new to sql server. (My small company will be using sql sever 2008 within the next month or two: 1. Can I use the SSIS manager 2005 on the sql server 2008 database? 2. Can I use the SSIS manager 2008 on a sql server 2005 database? 3. I have heard about a CTE being a new feature in sql server 2005. Can you point me to a URL where a CTE can be used with alot of joins? 4. What are the other new sql features in sql server 2005 and links as references for these new features? 5. What a...