GPO doesn't work for specific OU

Hello,

I created a new OU for a single Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server.  I then
right-clicked on the OU and chose "Create & Link a GPO here".  Under
"Links", I right-clicked on the OU and there are checks next to "Enforced"
and "Link Enabled".

I then edited the GP for the OU by right-clicking on the GPO and choosing
"Edit".  I did a test edit by going to:

User Conf \ Admin Temp \ Start Menu and Taskbar

and set "Remove Run Menu from Start Menu" to Enabled.

It's not taking, and I can't seem to find the reason on the DC's EV\App or
EV\System logs.  On the Term Serv's EV\App logs, there is an entry that
says:

Execution of GPO scripts has timed out and have been terminated.

What am I doing wrong?  Ultimately I hope to setup GPO for this TS to a
select group in Security Filtering.

Thanks,

jcy

0
jcy

Use GPMC to test, and enable Loopback Processing with Replace.

Gregg

"jcy" <jcy1971@com.gmail> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I created a new OU for a single Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server.  I then
> right-clicked on the OU and chose "Create & Link a GPO here".  Under
> "Links", I right-clicked on the OU and there are checks next to "Enforced"
> and "Link Enabled".
>
> I then edited the GP for the OU by right-clicking on the GPO and choosing
> "Edit".  I did a test edit by going to:
>
> User Conf \ Admin Temp \ Start Menu and Taskbar
>
> and set "Remove Run Menu from Start Menu" to Enabled.
>
> It's not taking, and I can't seem to find the reason on the DC's EV\App or
> EV\System logs.  On the Term Serv's EV\App logs, there is an entry that
> says:
>
> Execution of GPO scripts has timed out and have been terminated.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Ultimately I hope to setup GPO for this TS to a
> select group in Security Filtering.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jcy

0
Gregg
7/1/2010 1:40:23 AM
Thank you, that fixed it right up.

jcy

"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in
message news:OQl3g5LGLHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Use GPMC to test, and enable Loopback Processing with Replace.
>
> Gregg
>

> "jcy" <jcy1971@com.gmail> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I created a new OU for a single Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server.  I then
>> right-clicked on the OU and chose "Create & Link a GPO here".  Under
>> "Links", I right-clicked on the OU and there are checks next to
>> "Enforced" and "Link Enabled".
>>
>> I then edited the GP for the OU by right-clicking on the GPO and choosing
>> "Edit".  I did a test edit by going to:
>>
>> User Conf \ Admin Temp \ Start Menu and Taskbar
>>
>> and set "Remove Run Menu from Start Menu" to Enabled.
>>
>> It's not taking, and I can't seem to find the reason on the DC's EV\App
>> or EV\System logs.  On the Term Serv's EV\App logs, there is an entry
>> that says:
>>
>> Execution of GPO scripts has timed out and have been terminated.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?  Ultimately I hope to setup GPO for this TS to a
>> select group in Security Filtering.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> jcy

0
jcy
7/1/2010 6:58:07 AM
Computer config settings will work without loopback processing, but User
config settings need it.

Gregg

"jcy" <painkillr@com.gmail> wrote in message
> Thank you, that fixed it right up.
>
> jcy
>
> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote
> in message news:OQl3g5LGLHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Use GPMC to test, and enable Loopback Processing with Replace.
>>
>> Gregg
>>

>> "jcy" <jcy1971@com.gmail> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I created a new OU for a single Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server.  I then
>>> right-clicked on the OU and chose "Create & Link a GPO here".  Under
>>> "Links", I right-clicked on the OU and there are checks next to
>>> "Enforced" and "Link Enabled".
>>>
>>> I then edited the GP for the OU by right-clicking on the GPO and
>>> choosing "Edit".  I did a test edit by going to:
>>>
>>> User Conf \ Admin Temp \ Start Menu and Taskbar
>>>
>>> and set "Remove Run Menu from Start Menu" to Enabled.
>>>
>>> It's not taking, and I can't seem to find the reason on the DC's EV\App
>>> or EV\System logs.  On the Term Serv's EV\App logs, there is an entry
>>> that says:
>>>
>>> Execution of GPO scripts has timed out and have been terminated.
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?  Ultimately I hope to setup GPO for this TS to a
>>> select group in Security Filtering.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> jcy

0
Gregg
7/1/2010 4:42:05 PM
I just put in my first computer config setting with a software restriction
policy under:

computer config \ windows settings \ security settings \ software
restrictions

and it didn't take, though your earlier tip about loopback has worked
perfectly for all user config settings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

message news:eQt9XxTGLHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Computer config settings will work without loopback processing, but User
> config settings need it.
>
> Gregg
>

> "jcy" <painkillr@com.gmail> wrote in message
>> Thank you, that fixed it right up.
>>
>> jcy
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote
>> in message news:OQl3g5LGLHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Use GPMC to test, and enable Loopback Processing with Replace.
>>>
>>> Gregg
>>>

>>> "jcy" <jcy1971@com.gmail> wrote in message

0
jcy
7/2/2010 1:03:33 PM
Do you have the Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server in the OU? It should be the
only thing in that OU.

> I just put in my first computer config setting with a software restriction
> policy under:
>
> computer config \ windows settings \ security settings \ software
> restrictions
>
> and it didn't take, though your earlier tip about loopback has worked
> perfectly for all user config settings.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> jcy
>
> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote
> in message news:eQt9XxTGLHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Computer config settings will work without loopback processing, but User
>> config settings need it.
>>
>> Gregg
>>

>> "jcy" <painkillr@com.gmail> wrote in message
>>> Thank you, that fixed it right up.
>>>
>>> jcy

0
Gregg
7/2/2010 6:52:46 PM
Yes, I created a separate OU and is the only server in there.

message news:OhcrDfhGLHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Do you have the Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server in the OU? It should be
> the only thing in that OU.
>
> Gregg
>
> "jcy" <painkillr@com.gmail> wrote in message
>> I just put in my first computer config setting with a software
>> restriction policy under:
>>
>> computer config \ windows settings \ security settings \ software
>> restrictions
>>
>> and it didn't take, though your earlier tip about loopback has worked
>> perfectly for all user config settings.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> jcy
>>
>> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote
>> in message news:eQt9XxTGLHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Computer config settings will work without loopback processing, but User
>>> config settings need it.
>>>
>>> Gregg
>>>

>>> "jcy" <painkillr@com.gmail> wrote in message

0
jcy
7/2/2010 7:04:56 PM
Use the GPMC to test the policy to see why it does not apply.

Google "GPMC" for info.

> Yes, I created a separate OU and is the only server in there.
>
> jcy
>
> "Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote
> in message news:OhcrDfhGLHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Do you have the Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server in the OU? It should be
>> the only thing in that OU.
>>
>> Gregg
>>
>> "jcy" <painkillr@com.gmail> wrote in message
>>> I just put in my first computer config setting with a software
>>> restriction policy under:
>>>
>>> computer config \ windows settings \ security settings \ software
>>> restrictions
>>>
>>> and it didn't take, though your earlier tip about loopback has worked
>>> perfectly for all user config settings.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Thanks again,
>>>
>>> jcy

0
Gregg

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

Excel is not working!
I open excel. As soon as I moe the mouse to any cell the mouse sticks ther and gabs cells. I must close excel. What is up? -- t Do you see "EXT" on the status bar? If so, hit F8 key to get out of extended mode. If using a wheelie mouse, try tapping the roller up and down a few times. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:45:02 -0700, displaynametl <lucky@lucky> wrote: >I open excel. As soon as I moe the mouse to any cell the mouse sticks ther >and gabs cells. I must close excel. What is up? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP Can't see the staus bar. F8 d...

Function doesn't work
The following function doesn't work (I get #VALUE in the cell) It is called with, say, =IntrptFn2($B$56,$K11,$L11) I've been unable to debug it. Why doesn't it evaluate properly? ------- Function IntrptFn2(sRel, tauLeft, tauRight) As Double ' =IntrptFn2($B$56,$K11,$L11) doesn't work eL = Application.WorksheetFunction.Exp(-tauLeft) eR = Application.WorksheetFunction.Exp(-tauRight) es = Application.WorksheetFunction.Exp(-sRel) IntrptFn2 = Abs((1 + tauLeft) * eL - (1 + tauRight) * eR) ' That's good for xLeft>0, or xRight<0). Now inbetween If (tauLeft...

Publisher mail merge works in preview but not when send
I can create a merged document in Publisher and insert the first name into the greeting line. When previewing all looks good but when I then send the mail the mail sent only has Hi <<first name>> and not the actual name in the document??? What am I missing? Please help What version Publisher? Is Publisher and Outlook of the same Office suite? Help here Create an e-mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP100498641033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D18...

Access 2007 (SP1) assign specific printer to a report
Hi I hoped that the SP1 will fix the problem, that I cannot assign specific printers to reports. I have just installed the Office 2007 SP1, but still I cannot assing specific printers to reports..... Thanks for your help Roswitha Agreed: I was expecting that to be fixed as well. Seems like something that will affect many users. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Schoppe-Jantzen" <Schoppe-jantzen@t-online.de> wrote in message news:...

Drive space and GPO
We have several DCs in the domain. One particular site Houston has three domain controllers and we deploy GPO to this site only for Houston OU as needed. My quesiton is one of the domain controller is running low on diskspace on C:\ drive. Looking at the file/folders, I see C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder is 3gb in size. I was told by one of our admin that he believes that folder is associated with GPO. I was wondering if I create a new volume and move this folder to the new volume, will there be any problem? Our other two domain controllers in Houston have th...

RevokeObject not working
Hi, I am trying to make the active object inactive resgistered using RevokeActiveObject. I am getting following error. "Moniker is already registered in running object table" What I did is, I am registering the user logged in into my application as a active object. But when in my application user changes I need to make the currently active object as in active and wants to register the new user as active. But when I try to revoke the active object using RevokeActiveObject and try to register using RegisterActiveObject I m get above error and so I am not able to register the ...

Disabling autmatic replies in ESM not working
Hi- I wanted to disable automatic replies, or allow automatic forward (ESM>Global settings> properties of domain>Advanced tab> uncheck 'allow automatic replies'). I did this and restarted the SMTP and Exchange routing engine, and still the changes did not take place, automatic replies to the internet are still taking place. Any words of advice? This in an Exchange 2003sp2/Outlook 2003 shop. Thanks. ...

Populating work sheet combox with another work sheet values
Hi All, I have a combox in my sheet(1) which i want to populate with values present in sheet(2). I can populate combox in sheet(1) by setting the "ListFillrange"property to the required ranges in the sheet(1) (assume in coulmn A i have values from A1: A5) But i am unable to populate same combox with sheet(2) values(assume in sheet(2) C column i have set of values from C1: C10). I want to populate without using any macros. Can anyone Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance -- sjayar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sj...

Working with outlook in offline mode
I am using outlook 2000 to compose emails while i am offline at home. When i connect the laptop to the network the emails move to the sent items, however the intended reciepents does not recieve the emails. Can anyone help I presume you're using Exchange - what do you have in tools | services? Are the items showing up in your outbox when you hit send while offline? DSG wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 to compose emails while i am > offline at home. When i connect the laptop to the network > the emails move to the sent items, however the intended > reciepents does not recie...

Combo Box Not Working
I’m new to access but learning quickly. I’m trying to create a data base for our “time change” items on out plant equipment. Such as; Furnace (asset) Clutch (part) Installed date (date installed) Replacement date (set date in the future e.g. 6 months from install date) I already have a table with the columns named asset, part, installed date and replacement date. It’s called Table 1. All dates are formatted to medium date format and input mask the same. I also have a table with IntervalTitle, Interval and IntervalIncrement set as follows: IntervalTitle Inte...

acViewPreview not working
I am trying to display an Access report on my screen. When I use acViewNormal in my code I get a paper copy of the report but if I insert acViewPreview in the code nothing happens. Any suggestions? Krahs We are having a little difficulty seeing your code. Does this happen with all reports? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "dfitt@yahoo.com" wrote: > I am trying to display an Access report on my screen. When I use > acViewNormal in my code I get a paper copy of the report but if I > insert acViewPreview in the code nothing happens. Any suggestions? > > ...

GPO cause slow logon on desktop redirect
Hi guys, I have create new policy for redirect users folder on network shared, after this when user logon the loading desktop is very slow (30 seconds about only for desktop redirect). I've activate debug on GPO and this is log result in the last rows: GPSVC(188.2a4) 17:30:12:550 Target = S-1-5-21-1020176695-2728896446-3455317470-1230 GPSVC(188.2a4) 17:30:12:581 Target = S-1-5-21-1020176695-2728896446-3455317470-1230, ChangeNumber 0 GPSVC(188.27c) 17:30:12:800 Event Arg Array is already filled to its capacity=6 GPSVC(188.27c) 17:30:12:800 CGPEventBase::GetEventInfo(): Object ...

Query about a formula I'm working on
I was wondering if it is possible to make this query less longwinded? =(IF(D17>0,(((A1-C17)/(A1/D17))+C17))+IF(E17>0,((A1-(((A1-C17)/(A1/D17))+C17))/(A1/E17))))+IF(F17>0,(A1-(((A1-C17)/(A1/D17)+((A1-(((A1-C17)/(A1/D17))+C17))/(A1/E17)))+C17))/(A1/F17)) A1= max value C17=base value D17,E17,F17= variable value's I've been working on the Value for a Calc for a game I've been playing lately. I'm using it to work out damage resistances but I feel the formula could be streamlined but for the life of me my brain has gone blank. Example: A1=100 C17 = 60 for arguments sak...

Interest/Principle calculations not working
I'm trying to set up a simple spreadsheet that will show car loan payments over 48 months, using the PMT and IPMT Paste Functions. I have three columns showing Interest, Principle and Balance Due. I'm dividing the Int. by 12, but the balance keeps getting to 0 at payment 45, not 48. Any ideas? You might have to post more details, Kristen. Like in A1 I have 20,000 and in B1 this formula =xxx and C3 this one =yyy, etc. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP I fixed it! I was thinking I had to feed the new lower balance back into the IMPT Paste Function every time it recalculated, while I ...

working from 2 pc's
is there a convenient way to use a single money file from two different pcs? I bought money small business, in order to run my business as well as my home accounts. however, I also have an office space outside the home, and have need to create invoices from that location. Of course, I don't want to create the invoices in two different places. Any ideas? Smokii Someone here recently posted that they use an external hard drive, and that a USB memory device works as well. I'd think that would be the ideal way to do it. Other than that, it would be difficult to keep them in s...

Suggest Names not working
Upgraded a client's Outlook (not sure the version) to OL 2003. Client said Suggest Names not working. Deleted NK2 file per posts here on MS KB. Still doesn't work. Client said, "Oh...it didn't work before upgrade either!" ?????????? TIA Mark Deleting the NK2 file won't work. Creating a new profile will. While you're at it, make sure the feature is enabled. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <res1zas6@verizon.net> wrote in message news:6vtvj0dh3h62rflgnjl97ngv7bj7nnaacr@4ax.com... > Upgraded a client's Outlook (not sure the version) to OL 2003. Cl...

Outlook GPO
I have a company intranet site that company execs would like to access via Outlook. I guess this is a 2 part question: What is the best way to open this web page in Outlook when Outlook is opened? Can someone advise me as the best method of pushing out policy so that when Outlook opens it starts on this default intranet page? I have a 100 users and don't want to go machine to machine. Thanks Do your users make any use of the Outlook Today feature? If not, you can = use Group Policy to set Outlook to automatically start in that folder = and to display a folder home page -- i.e. a web...

Creating dialogs which work well as a child of another dialog.
When I create a dialog which is to be used as a child (control ) of another dialog I have to set a 'Control' style to TRUE. I have my custom tab-like control which displays such child-dialog pages and I want to verify that this style is set when the user adds a new page or even set it by myself from my code. Is this possible ? I can't find what window style it is. Thanks in advance, Kamil You might be able to use CWnd::ModifyStyle something like this void CMyTabbedView::AddDlg(CDialog *pDlg) { pDlg->ModifyStyle(0,DS_CONTROL); //add the dialog } But I am not ...

Keeping track of and totaling hours worked
I keep track of my daily work hours using Excel. I enter starting time in one column and ending time in the next. I would like for the next column to calculate the total hours worked and rounded to the next 1/10th of an hour. I know it can be done, but I haven�t figured it out yet. Any help would be very much appreciated. Popeye -- Popeye ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Popeye's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501284 Hi Popeye 1/1...

GPO Question
Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 + the latest patches installed. I have a GPO to distribute 3 packages: - Adobe Acrobat Reader version 9.1 (upgraded by 9.2 and 9.3) - Adobe Acrobat Reader version 9.2 (an upgrade to 9.1 and upgraded by 9.3) - Adobe Acrobat Reader version 9.3 (an upgrade to 9.1 and 9.2) These 3 packages above takes up approximately 300MB. I would like to remove version 9.1 and version 9.2 packages to free up some disk space. How do I do that? Thanks. ...

Button suddenly does not work
I got a button worked before, but it did not work recently. I opened the workbook, click the button, the button did not fire any event but only get foucsed (ie, have handles around the button). Is the button from the forms toolbar or the control toolbox? If Forms - double check to make sure it is assigned to a macro. If control toolbox, make sure you are not in design mode (check the control toolbox toolbar and toggle the design button). "Man Utd" wrote: > I got a button worked before, but it did not work recently. > I opened the workbook, click the button, the butto...

Why does a certain truetype font work in Word 2003 and not work i.
I am using Publisher 2003 from the Office 2003 Suite. I have a truetype font installed that will work fine in Word 2003, but not in Publisher 2003. Can someone help? Is it in the correct folder? Which font is it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nsumis2005" <nsumis2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:342D14E1-8D78-42F5-B64C-872485CC5ADF@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2003 from the Office 2003 Suite. I have a truetype >font > installed that will work fine in Word 2003, but not in Publisher 2003. > Can > someone ...

Reset Free/Busy through GPO
Hello, Does anyone know if we can reset outlook Free/busy (Something similar to /CleanFreeBusy switch) through Group Policy? Thanks ...

GPO not applied
Dear all I have the following situation: 2 DC with Windows Server 2003, 1 Terminal Server with Windows Server 2003 and 2 Terminal Server with Windows Server 2008. For different clients I have different GPOs. When I login as user A (from client group A with GPO A) to each of these 3 Terminal Server the GPO applies successfully. When I login as user B (from client group B with GPO B) to each of those 3 Terminal Server the GPO does not apply. I notice that I have the error in event viewer: 1053: Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified user does no...