Folder Redirection and roaming Profiles issue

Hi,
I had set up some users with Roaming profiles via their profile tab in ADU&C.
I had used a Group Policy to Redirect their My Docs and Desktop to a folder
on the server and have one folder per user only accessible by that user.

That was a year or two ago. I was setting up a new user the same way as
above, but when I logged into a Pc as them and was about to set up their
email, I noticed in the Section of the All Programs list that is above
ACCESSORIES, it lists all users who have Folder Redirection and allows you to
go in and view thier Desktop and My Docs documents and open them too.

I did a server update a few months back, but as I cam across this and it was
not reported by these users I thought it may be this one user, but I check
the older users and they have it too.

All servers are Win 2003 Server Standard with SP1.
Is this a setting in the group policy I didn't set?

--
MCSE 2000

Counting blank cell issue
I need to count the number of orders that have not been reviewed yet. I have been using countblank(O43:O5687). this works as long as some one updates the formula when new orders are added. I am thinking I want a macro that will find the last row using the order number in column A , then count the blank cells in column O for order review, and also count the blank cells in column t for outstanding orders. Thanks Clayton The totals should be in cells b3 and b6 "DCR" <D@C.R> wrote in message news:uoPYHx4oKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I need to count t...

Managed Folders
Hi there, Can someone confirm whether I can create sub folders in my Managed Folders? I know the user can create subfolders at the client side, but can I do the same thing at the server end? And will these sub folders have a seperate email address rule to the parent sub folder? I'm using Managed folders to copy data into Sharepoint. Thanks ...

Inbox Issue
I have one user that has unread messages in his inbox. At least, that's what it says. I see inbox(2). When I look through his emails they are all gray having been read. If I mount his inbox from my system there are two emails that show unread. Any ideas? cached mode involved, at all? that's odd behavior for an owner of a mailbox...it's his own mailbox, right? if you open the unread ones, are they marked "confidential" or "private"? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "chad" <slidellinternational@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162329947.256043.96...

Public Folders #15
Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in Exchange 2003? I do not believe you can. On Tue, 18 May 2004 10:36:14 -0700, "NIC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to assign tasks from a public folder in >Exchange 2003? ...

Views on multiple folders
In Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server. Hi, We’re dealing with a medium-high amount of folders in some shared mailboxes. I’d like to create two extra views for my co-workers for each folder. The two views are independent of the folder so i just have to navigate through the folder tree and creating the new views and make it public for the folder. My question is: .. where are really these views stored?? I guess on the server so I'm asking myself about the consequences in tearms of memory or performance of each user modyfing each view eventually on each folder. The serve...

Same Folder View for all in Public Folders
How do I set a public folder so that it displays a threaded conversation for all users. I have customize the view to sort by convo, but that just shows for me, not the others? Outlook2000, Exchange 2000 ...

Windows Explorer shuts down when I try to open folder on my desktop
Windows Explorer shuts down and restarts when I attempt to open what I will refer to as my main folder on my desk top. Problem Reports and solutions from first instance. Product Windows Explorer Problem Stopped responding and was closed Date 11/08/2009 4:05 PM Status Report Sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Problem signature Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Application Timestamp: 49e01da5 Hang Signature: d14f Hang Type: 0 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0....

Public folder Replication Status not updating.
Since the 18/05/06 I have been having issues with my public folder replication. The changes are being replicated between our servers which are all connected by a central exchange hub. I've followed article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842273 to try to isolate the problem. I have enabled logging on 3 servers including the hub to make sure they messages are being sent\received and they are confirmed as being received by each mail store. Although this is the case for some reason the replication status is not updating and for each server excluding the one that I am connect to via exchang...

Excel Save As getting "folder is read only" error.
I'm getting a "folder is read only" error when trying to use "save as" to save a file. I can use save as from another computer, logged in to the network the same without the error. The machine getting the error can copy and paste files to the folders without error, just happens when using the "save as" from the file menu. Is there someplace to change folder attributes that only office 2003 is using? OK, I've figured this one out myself. When using a Novell server and Office 2003, it would seem that it is necessary to use Novel Client 4.83 sp...

DST issue
I entered the catalog item: <Feature Name="Item" CatalogItemId="Item:MS:sysgen_timesvc_dst" /> and confirmed that the device has the registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Clock\AutoDST = 1 But the device still does not automatically adjust for DST. I set the timezone to Pacific, set the time to 3/14/2010 at 1:59AM, waited for one minute...and the time changed to 2:00AM instead of 3:00AM. What am I missing? Thanks. which OS version are you using? have you updated it with the relevant qfes which deal with the changing in DST starting day? -...

Replacing Inbox folder ?
Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all existing messages to the new one. All other folders, even sub folders of Inbox work normal so that only this one folder needs to be replaced if that can be done. Anyone know how? "Marko" <dkvolb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uuZq3QpkJHA.6060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I > now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all > ...

2003
When I look at the draft folder there is no way (I ca find) to get the Reading Pane. Under Views|Reading pane the choices (right/bottom/off) are grayed out. If it right click and select other settings I can pick the right or bottom radio button but when I hit OK it does to change the view. Help. Thanks That's by design. No reading pane in the Drafts folder. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm &quo...

Preview Pane
Outlook 2003 Client has MANY folders under In Box All the many folders open with preview pane showing She wants all of them to have preview pane OFF I couldn't find where to shut them off globally - can I shut them off globally or need I do it one by one? thank you. Start Outlook one time with the /nopreviewpane switch. Use F1 help to see how to use command line switches. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching,...

Folder missing in personal folders
Hi I am using outlook 2007 and I have a folder containing emails in the personal folders section. I think by accident I have dragged the folder somewhere! I have looked in deleted items, drafts, inbox, infected items, junk email, outlook, sent items and the folder is not there. Could you please give me advice on how to find it. Thank you Switch to folder list view and browse the list - do you see the missing folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ O...

Cannot view public folders from outlook or edit client permissions from ESM
Suddenly today no one could access the public folders. I have rebooted the exchange 2003 server but still no one can connect. I can see the contents using exchange system manager and the contents tab but i cannot access them using outlook. I also get an error msg when trying to edit client permissions. I can also see the public folders using http://enterprise/public but not by logging in usually to OWA and selecting public folders. I have ran eseutil and isinteg, both appeared to have no errors. Users can send and receive email fine and can also email the public folders fine and receive m...

Outlook Express 6 The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders gets
In Outlook Express 6 I have many Identities setup. I have thousands of e-mails dating back years. The space consumed by all these e-mails is over 2GB Quite a lot of space. I decided to delete a lot of unwanted e-mails and clutter to reduce the amount of space consumed. But to my my surprise instead of solving the issue it made the overall size consumed bigger and not small. It is seems that in Outlook Express 6 the e-mails have gone but in reality the files are still in the Outlook Express 6 folders. Can anybody help me with this. The more I delete the bigger Outlook Express 6 folders ...

Sharing Personal folders (.pst) across Windows installations in Outlook2000
Since I have Win98SE, Win 2000 and Win XP all installed I thought I could use Outlook2000 as a common mail client across the systems, but Outlook creates a personal folder file on C:\ in each system where it has been installed, and refuses to close it in favor of my own common personal folder on a common FAT32 partition, so it seems I'll have to install Eudora or some other independent foreign mail software in order to be able to access my mail from all the 3 windows systems, or does anybody here know how to get rid of the default Outlook pst. folders on c:\ in all 3 systems and sw...

Permissions Corruption on a Public Folder
Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003 We're seeing consistent "corruption" of permissions a public folder. The public folder has permission blown wide open (default is "owner"). Everything is fine for a few days, then suddenly no one can add anything. They get: "The item could not save. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permissions..." etc. The folder hasn't been deleted or moved, and permissions haven't been touched -- they're still wide open. I fixed this once by creating a new folder and programatically ...

Public Folder access problem
Hi, we're running Outlook 2000 on EXC 2000 Server (both with latest SP's and patches) and we're having the following problem with one of our users: A user has "Publishing Editor" rights on a specific Public Folder. When she tries to access the PF with Outlook, she can't access it, because Outlook says, that she does not have apropriate permission on the folder. When she tries to access the folder with Outlook Web Access, she can access the folder without any problems. When she tries to copy the PF to her Favorites in OL2000, she can access the folder with no problems...

Too Many Personal Folders
I move my outlook.pst file back and forth, by "import" between my home and laptop computers. I do not import duplicate entries. Somewhere in this process I have "acquired" several new Personal Folders. In the folder list there are four of them. The active data appears in the second one, counting from the top and the third and fourth seem to be duplicates. How do I safely reduce all my data to just one Personal Folder, and how do I prevent this growth in the future. TIA, Dave Harding in PA. Dave Harding <davejean1@comcast.net> wrote: > I move my outlook.pst...

where does Pictures Folder Go?
I was cleaning up my hard drive, removing photos etc when I accidentally removed the Vista Pictures folder that is accessed through the Vista Side Menu under the start button. I still have that folder since I copied it to a Photo card. Can you tell me what where to put it back in the Explore files? -- @nna "anna" <anna@accblockspamcom> wrote in message news:3B973E5F-A961-4638-8712-317D080379EB@microsoft.com... > I was cleaning up my hard drive, removing photos etc when I accidentally removed the Vista > Pictures folder that is accessed through t...

XPathNodeIterator.Count Performance Issues
Hi, I'm trying to compare two XML documents and i'm using XPath queries to select nodes. XPathNavigator's Select method runs fast enough and returns an XPathNodeIterator object. When i try to access this iterator's Count property the process extremely slows down. If i just iterate throgh 18.000 nodes and call XPathNavigator.Select to find equivalent node from the other document it doesn't even take 1 second. But in the same loop, when i try to access XPathNodeIterator.Count, (by accessing i mean just assigning its value to a variable) it takes about 5 minutes. I tried to ...

Junk Mail Folder message retention
Hi, How long to the messages marked as "Junk" stay in the "Junk Mail" folder after they are placed in there? I can't seem to find any settings to change the message retention time. Thanks They stay there until you or possibly auto-archiving get rid of them. You can configure auto-archiving to delete the messages after a certain period of time <peter.stefanske@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131373315.864962.299470@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How long to the messages marked as "Junk" stay in the "Junk Mail" > ...

Display selected folder.
Hi, I'm creating a dialog box for user to choose a folder. I'm using the SHGetSpecialFolderLocation and other related functions. I would like to know how to select a default folder when the dialog box is called, so that the user doesn't need to go through the whole directory tree to find a particular folder. Thanks, Leo > I'm creating a dialog box for user to choose a folder. I'm using the >SHGetSpecialFolderLocation and other related functions. I would like to >know how to select a default folder when the dialog box is called, so that >the user d...

Net Folders #3
I am trying to share folders from Outlook 2000 running on W98SE with Outlook 2002 running on XP. Both programs originated from loading Microsoft Office. Outlook 2000 has Net Folders to facilitate sharing. I can find nothing on the 2002 version that equates to the Net Folder. Am I missing something, or is my only option to map a network drive to share information from the 2000 version? NetFolders was removed from OL2002 and above since they weren't reliable for all users. "Jenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bcf01c398ab$ea48e060$a6012...