Exchange question

Anyone heard of Exchange Server taking 18 hours to send an e-mail?
--
Member - Liberal International	This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising!

The Doctor wrote:
> Anyone heard of Exchange Server taking 18 hours to send an e-mail?

Sure. Was it one particular email to one particular destination. Large
attatments?

Could be many reasons depending upon the particulars.

--
/kj

0
kj
4/27/2010 4:41:50 PM
The default timeout for sending is 48 hours for a reason.

--
Phillip Windell

"The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message
> Anyone heard of Exchange Server taking 18 hours to send an e-mail?
> --
> Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici
> doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
> God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist
> rising!
> http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.facebook.com/dyadallee
> UK Time for a Common Sense change vote Liberal Democrat / Alliance

0
Phillip

Need a tool to create large number of test mailboxes in exchange 2003...
I want to create large number of test mailboxes in Exchange 2003 server. Not getting any tool to do this. Could any one please let me know a tool or a script for me ? Regards, Shivaraj You can use ldifde or csvde. Read this: http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/2199331 "shivaraj" wrote: > I want to create large number of test mailboxes in Exchange 2003 > server. Not getting any tool to do this. Could any one please let me > know a tool or a script for me ? > > Regards, > Shivaraj > > ...

DoModal() question.
I have a dialog class dlg. When I use dlg.DoModal(), there're always two buttons "Cancel" and "Ok" on popup window which I didn't put there. They seem to be put there by system default. How to remove them? Thanks. Frank E Rogers wrote: > I have a dialog class dlg. When I use dlg.DoModal(), there're always two > buttons "Cancel" and "Ok" on popup window which I didn't put there. They > seem to be put there by system default. How to remove them? > Thanks. > > First, you better add message handlers for them. Your ha...

Delete User Mailbox Exchanger Server 2003
I am trying to delete a user. We have just upgraded to SBS 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Exchange will not allow me to delete the mail box. I get the following error message:4/10/2004 9:08 AM ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- Remove user on date: Sat Apr 10 09:08:50 2004 User account name: LDAP://CN=Allen Olson,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=axiomre2,DC=loc al Home folder: \\SERVER2\Users\Allen Failed to delete user's quota with error [0x80070050]. This can occur if the user still has files on the server. The user account cou...

top user support issues with exchange 2003
I am trying to come up with a document that lists the top user support issues with exchange 2003. Can anyone help me with this? Have you visited this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=exch2003 Roneil "Naomi wels" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FBD2373-EA0A-466A-820A-168DE452458D@microsoft.com... >I am trying to come up with a document that lists the top user support >issues with exchange 2003. Can anyone help me with this? ...

SMS Gateway on Exchange 2003
Hi! Is it possible to deploy a SMS Gateway on Exchange 2003 ? If yes, how? Best Regards Mustafa mustafa wrote: > Is it possible to deploy a SMS Gateway on Exchange 2003 ? If yes, how? GFI FaxMaker offers not only fax but also SMS capabilities. So if you need both, this might be worth trying. Just for SMS it's probably too expensive. http://www.gfi.com/faxmaker/ Regards Dirk ...

Disappering mail from exchange 2003
I setup my exchange to receive mail directly, not through my ISP. My client use Outlook 2003 and pull their mail localy to their *pst file. At night all Clients are closed, so the mail stay in the exchange until client login and pull the mail. However, a couple of times, My server wentdown at night, and all the mail in the exchange boxes disappears. It did happens more than twice, The queation is why the mail disappears, and were it is. ??? any help That could be a number of reasons. How exactly your server went down? Khalil wrote: > I setup my exchange to receive mail directly...

Resource Mailbox in Exchange 2003
If I want to create a resource mailbox do I actually create an AD "User" and give it a mailbox? That is, a domain logon of "ConferenceRoom" or some such thing? Can I disable the AD account after creating it or somehow limit what it can do? I know I can prevent it from logging into any computers in the domain. Is that the solution? Seems like there should be a way to create a mailbox which is not a full AD "User"... or am I missing something? Thanx! Yes you will create a mailbox-enabled user, however, do not disable the user b/c this will cause messages t...

routing questions
New to 2003 and I'm not sure how to handle routing. Our current 5.5 environment has 2 bridgehead servers - passing mail to about 26 sites, little over 8,000 mailboxes worldwide. Currently we have only 1 Exchange 2003 server for mailbox and routing purposes. As we add these other sites (have not done any yet), I'm concerned that this one box can't handle the load of mail traffic. What is the best practice for this - my management won't bring any "professional" help in and sent me to one class, over a year ago so I'm floundering here. Our current server is go...

Exchange 2007 email routing
Hello all I am testing out Exchange 2007 Beta two. I ahve Exchange installed on 2003 r2 server. I have installed mailbox, hub, and CA components. I have created a test AD forest on my LAN and joined the 2007 exchange server to the test AD forest. I am trying to send email from a mailbox on the 2007 server to a live mailbox on my 2003 exchange server, but whenever i send the email from 2007 it gets stuck in the queue, with "a matchign conector cannot be found to route to the external recipient." I have looked at my send connector and its set to send mail for *.testdomain.com ...

Error Code 0X8004010F with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
I am getting Error Code 0X8004010F when I hit the send/receive button. Mail is flowing normally, though. There is no error message with Outlook 2000 connecting to the same Exchange 2003 server. We are using Cached mode with the Outlook 2003 client, but the error appears even if I disable that option. The error code appeared when I initially installed Exchange 2003, and went away. It has mysteriously returned. Does anyone know what the error is and how it can be resolved? Thanks. Paul, We recently upgrade to 2003 and found the following stopped the error: In Outlook 2003, choose ...

Exchange Server\Domain Controler Demotion
Could someone help an Exchange Server newby out? I have Exchange 2003 running on a 2000 server that is also the Primary Domain Controler. Recently I promoted a 2003 box to take over this role. I now want to demote the Exchange server. The catch is that the Exchange tasks do not exist on the Active Directory of the new Domain Controler. I, obviously, need to be able to add new email accounts in the future. Do I need to run Forest and Domain Prep on the new PDC? Is that the proper procedure to gain back my Exchange tasks after I demote the current Exchange server? HELP! -- Thanks, Dan ...

Quick Question #5
Hello All: It seems to be a debated question as to whether to have yur mail server residing in your DMZ or on the LAN with a static mapping out. My question is, how to handle domain authentication through firewall....dmz to lan.....what ports are required? NT4.0 domain. Thanks I dont think its much of a debate. The mail server belongs on the internal lan. On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:45:08 -0500, "DOUG" <NONE> wrote: >Hello All: > >It seems to be a debated question as to whether to have yur mail server >residing in your DMZ or on the LAN with a static mapping out....

Auto Calculate Question / HELP!
When I click on the fill handle to drag the data down the cells fill with data grabbed veritcally, for example: When I drag the fill handle down the formulas look like: =D21 =D22 =D23 =D24 =D25 But is there a way for Excel to be adjusted so that they attach the information laterally instead of veritcally? For example, I want to drag the auto fill DOWN but want the cells to read: =D21 =E21 =F21 =G21 =H21 Thank you! Try this... Assume you enter the first formula in cell A1 =INDEX(D$21:H$21,ROWS(A$1:A1)) Drag down as needed. Adjust for the correct end of range ...

Exch 2003 "Directory Access" question
In our domain we have 3 domain controllers, 2 in our main site and 1 in a remote site. When I go to Exchange System Manager->Servers->EXCHServer and right-click it and then go to Properties. On the "Directoy Access" tab it shows the various domain controllers used by Exchange. None of the two domain controllers in the our main site are listed, just the one at the remote site.The exchange server is IN the main site. I could add them "manually", but the warning message indicates that this is not a suggested method. Anyone have any ideas of what is happening here...

exchange 5.5/outlook2000 problem
I have an Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000. The problem is that one of the mailboxes receives a request for a meeting but doesn’t always apply this to its calendar and never replies with an acceptance etc. In the equation the one reply received was late i.e. sent meeting invitation at 4:30pm received acceptance at 9:00am following day. Could this problem be related to the exchange, outlook or other area? "mark palmer - novice" <mark palmer - novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000. The problem is that one of the mailboxes receive...

Testing an Exchange backup
Hello everyone I have been backing up my Exchange database (SBS 2003) using an online backup with the NTBackup utility, and everything appears to be working fine: backup files created in the right place at the right time, and a log file saying that the backup was successful. However, I would like to make sure that the backup has worked by using it to restore data. My problem is I want to be absolutely sure that if everything goes wrong and I can't restore, that I won't lose any data. I wonder whether the following plan would work? 1. Dismount my databases. 2. Rename my priv1.e...

exchange and pop3 together
I have two pop3 accounts, one exchange account, and multiple PST files. Sometimes when I log on, it's from a place that will allow me to use Exchange. Sometimes not. Pop3 will always connect. I'd like to be able to have all these in the same profile, with the different messages going to different inboxes (as opposed to all going to one, and then having to rules- wizard them out or something. The main problem is that originally I had my exchange account, had a subfolder that took in (via rules) the pop3 messages into that subfolder, and then I could have them at least clust...

UDF question
is there a way to call the existing value of cell inside a UDF? Cell A1 has a formula in it, including a UDF. Inside that UDF's code, is there a way to retreive what the existing value of A1 is, before the UDF replaces that value with a new one. intended purpose: to prevent a volitile function from running every time Excel refreashes its calculations nonexistant code example: IF(ISNUMBER(CellValueFunction()),cell_value_function,rand()) Thanks "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote... >is there a way to call the existing value of cell insid...

Business Portal 3.0 Question
We are beginning our process of upgrading to GP 9 and at the same time our going to implement Business Portal 3.0. My question regarding BP is this. Because of our many custimizations, we are going to setup a test environment for our upgrade. I would like to also setup BP to work with this test environment. My question is, once we cutover to GP 9, is it possible to point the BP to the new database (which will be on a different server? Thank you. Steve, BusinessPortal creates its data tables in the DYNAMICS database on the GP9 sql server. BP sits on top of SharePoint services (which ...

Outlook 2003 Exchange Caching
Anyone know where the exchange cache file is created on the outlook 2003 client machine? It's an OST file. Search for that. You may need to enable showing hidden and system folders to be able to see the file in Windows Explorer. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014501c3aed3$eb8a7cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know where the exchange ...

Exchange 2003 and OWA
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SP2 and Outlook Web Access (OWA). We are going to implement a domain password change policy which will require all domain/e-mail accounts to change every 90 days. Is there a way in OWA for users to receive the domain password change prompt that Windows users see? Thanks. Anna_Stephanie <ITAnnaJones@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SP2 and Outlook > Web Access (OWA). We are going to implement a domain password change > policy which will require all domain/e-mail...

Printing Question #2
I want to print sheets from several books, having the page numbers sequential (as tho they were all in the same book). Is this possible? It might be easiest to just create a new workbook, copy all the worksheets from each workbook into that new workbook. Then rearrange the worksheets in the order you want select all the worksheets File|page setup and fix the footer/header the way you want (if you want a common page number location) Then File|print|Entire Workbook (I'd check it with print preview first.) ====== If you have multiple workbooks open, you can use window|arrange|tiled ...

Email router: Question about incoming emails
Hi, I'm using email router with Exchange to have emails in CRM 4. Both incoming and outgoing is working fine however when any user goes to Activities > Type: Email > View: All E-mails, they can see all emails received in Exchange for everyone regardless of how sent or received the email. Is this a normal behavior or do I need to configure Email Router in a specific way to only import emails for users who are activated for Email Router? Thanks, -- Ali B ...

Microsoft Access recordset FindFirst Question
I need to be able to find string data in a recordset that has some special characters such as an apostrophe or "&" in the data. I know, one should not allow that data in the db in the first place but, it is there and the client wants to find it. Thank you. Ed Cohen | enc0hen@comcast.net On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:11:00 -0700, Ed Cohen <EdCohen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to be able to find string data in a recordset that has some special >characters such as an apostrophe or "&" in the data. I know, one should not >allow that data in ...

Distribution Lists Exchange 2003
Hi, We are in the midst of migrating Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Ex server. I have run into the issue of using distribution lists for access to public folders in a mixed mode environment. I had done the research regarding the issue of DLs not being converted to USGs and we are not able to go to Native mode at this time. My question is at what point does access via DL from EX 5.5 stop allowing access to public folders. We have run the AD Connector, installed Ex 2003 but have not moved any mailboxes, and users can still access via DL. I tried recreating a couple of the distribution...